Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shas
Jul 27, 2011

So from hysterical posts elsewhere on the internet (and this thread title) there seems to be a war that is cfc versus everyone?

Did the horn of goondor get blown yet and is another idiot who can fly a maelstrom at all helpful if so?

okay I read the thread and poo poo seems interesting. Also I didn't even get vacationed so seems I just need to resub, which CCP will helpfully let me do for 70p for 10 days

shas fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endie posted:

I was amazed Gigx put up with as much as he did and for as long as he did: he's literally proud to a fault. The trap thing is fiction and everyone except a few gullible karmafleet true believers knows this, but the manner of the exit was a dumb and flamboyant gesture. They should just have extracted quietly a day or two later: that would have been more harmful to the CFC than the grandiose declaration of reset due to the example it would have set. Either the imperium would have let them go peacefully, showing others it was possible, or they would have acted spitefully, showing how they view their allies.

I've got no opinion on Sion's treatment of CO2. I will say that based on my own experience with their leadership in the last couple of months leading up to them leaving, that I'm confident they were actively loving us.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

darth cookie posted:

I've got no opinion on Sion's treatment of CO2. I will say that based on my own experience with their leadership in the last couple of months leading up to them leaving, that I'm confident they were actively loving us.

you're in endies No Spin Zone dude

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Zephyrine posted:

30 minutes.

I remember that, we just docked up with Lazs Cane Fleet in M-O.
The result was that we just yolo'd the whole thing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're in endies No Spin Zone dude

Not a lot I can do to provide proof. I'm not sure what the line is with respect to opsec and I'd rather not find out the hard way. All I can do is put it out there and the people who know me can either believe me or not. :shrug:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

30 minutes.

That just backs up my point: it was dumb and knee-jerk when the smart move either for their members or for hurting the CFC was to do it by the books over a day or two.

darth cookie posted:

Oh, there's no great secret that after a couple of particularly assertive moves by the CFC late last year Gigx told his alliance to be ready for a reset at any point. They could see that their way of playing was increasingly at odds with the direction of the "Imperium". But my own opinion would be that the actual reset, when it finally came, was at best a knee-jerk reaction to being told their plan to defend Tribute was dumb (which it probably was under the circumstances), and at worst an opportunistic chance to get revenge for earlier, perceived humiliations.

Probably both of these and half a dozen other motivations, too.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

darth cookie posted:

Not a lot I can do to provide proof. I'm not sure what the line is with respect to opsec and I'd rather not find out the hard way. All I can do is put it out there and the people who know me can either believe me or not. :shrug:

the joke was endie is owned by rupert murdoch

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

That just backs up my point: it was dumb and knee-jerk when the smart move either for their members or for hurting the CFC was to do it by the books over a day or two.

Oh, there's no great secret that after a couple of particularly assertive moves by the CFC late last year Gigx told his alliance to be ready for a reset at any point. They could see that their way of playing was increasingly at odds with the direction of the "Imperium". But my own opinion would be that the actual reset, when it finally came, was at best a knee-jerk reaction to being told their plan to defend Tribute was dumb (which it probably was under the circumstances), and at worst an opportunistic chance to get revenge for earlier, perceived humiliations.

You mean it would have been more amicable for them to secede at a time when coalition supers weren't supposed to move through their space?

:allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endie posted:

I'm not sure what assertive moves your referring to that might have offended, but the case I'm talking about is a situation where CO2 was given a very favorable outcome though they were severely at fault.

edit: In hindsight that decision was probably made to appease them because no appropriate precedent existed and inter alliance harmony was chosen as the most important outcome. There's now a written policy for the situation now, should it arise again.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 4, 2016

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

frozenpussy posted:

You mean it would have been more amicable for them to secede at a time when coalition supers weren't supposed to move through their space?

"Ha, now that we have seceded the CFC supercaps will never suspect that we are going to kill them!"

That's even dumber than the official line.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Endie get help tia

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

frozenpussy posted:

Endie get help tia

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Endie posted:

"Ha, now that we have seceded the CFC supercaps will never suspect that we are going to kill them!"

I don't know you well Endie, I only came back playing EVE and joined goons a year ago, and was fighting goons before.

I just like to tell you: stop being loving bitter.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if you leave the goons, youre mentally untable :therapy: lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

thats the official diagnosis from dr goonwafflefleetswarm

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

assuring you that upon hearing the accusation of being mentally ill the pearls were clutched irl

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ccp should give vouchers for free evaluations to everyone who plays eve

- certified internet docotor blazing zero

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Blazing Zero posted:

thats the official diagnosis from dr goonwafflefleetswarm

The Party has diagnosed me as suffering from sluggish schozophrenia and philosophical intoxication leading to irrational divergence from right-thinking.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

frozenpussy, in your professional opinion, does drawing elsa's gunge make you more or less unstable than endie

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie posted:

The Party has diagnosed me as suffering from sluggish schozophrenia and philosophical intoxication leading to irrational divergence from right-thinking.

Also known as Yes voter syndrome.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Blazing Zero posted:

frozenpussy, in your professional opinion, does drawing elsa's gunge make you more or less unstable than endie

Considering how I understand it's not real I'd say I'm just having fun.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Oodles posted:

Also known as Yes voter syndrome.

You'll be first up against Hadrian's Wall, come the revolution, forums poster "Oodles".

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

frozenpussy posted:

Endie posted:

From my understanding of the chain of events, the supers were moved on a spur-of-the-moment route by the ~Goon Hero kcolor~ while (allegedly) PL/NC/MBC supers were logged on ready to jump to ~a point~ on the CO2-planned extraction route who (allegedly) had logoff-trap dictors in position. It was only after the coalition supers were safe that CO2 announced their imminent reset.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't like being wrong.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie posted:

You'll be first up against Hadrian's Wall, come the revolution, forums poster "Oodles".

I also vote Tory :ssh:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It's me, I'm the goon doctor.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Doctor Bombadil posted:

It's me, I'm the goon doctor.

Twee diddle dee,
Look at me,
It's my diagnosis
He's a wee bit aspergy

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Beach Bum posted:

From my understanding of the chain of events, the supers were moved on a spur-of-the-moment route by the ~Goon Hero kcolor~ while (allegedly) PL/NC/MBC supers were logged on ready to jump to ~a point~ on the CO2-planned extraction route who (allegedly) had logoff-trap dictors in position. It was only after the coalition supers were safe that CO2 announced their imminent reset.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't like being wrong.

While I was commenting on the cart-before-horse reversal of the timeline in frozenpussy's post, I would say that I've been told by several people who would have known that the dictor traps are fictional. I think most people view the whole supercap trap aspect of the conspiracy theory as pretty weak. The fact that we had our entire supercap fleet logged-on was a show of force thing: it would be an awful way to execute a trap.

That all being said, I accept that anyone who is by now on either side of the was there/wasn't there a trap debate are pretty set on that position by now, and someone on the other side from you saying "I spoke to various of your enemies and they all swear on their mums there was no trap or nuffink" is not, by now, going to sway anyone.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Put it to you this way;

I HOPE that CO2 at least tried to trap our super fleet on their way out, otherwise they're both traitorous AND incompetent, and frankly, we deserve a better class of enemy.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

dialhforhero posted:

Twee diddle dee,
Look at me,
It's my diagnosis
He's a wee bit aspergy

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
One simple truth there is, that cannot be refuted
Right-thinking people want to see Tom executed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oodles posted:

I also vote Tory :ssh:

you actually should be against the wall then

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

darth cookie posted:

Put it to you this way;

I HOPE that CO2 at least tried to trap our super fleet on their way out, otherwise they're both traitorous AND incompetent, and frankly, we deserve a better class of enemy.

This.

I don't understand why Co2 wants to cry foul on the super trap. Is being an incompetent traitor better than a half competent one?

And what were their plans for Tribute? Did they plan to live there? Do they believe that Grath was going to hold an umbrella over their heads after the war?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

This.

I don't understand why Co2 wants to cry foul on the super trap. Is being an incompetent traitor better than a half competent one?

And what were their plans for Tribute? Did they plan to live there? Do they believe that Grath was going to hold an umbrella over their heads after the war?

maybe they just didnt want to play with goons anymore?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
If there is one thing I have no time for it is men who just want to watch the world burn.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

If there is one thing I have no time for it is men who just want to watch the world burn.

so why are you trying so hard to make a mess of this thread

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

darth cookie posted:

Say what you can about BoB, but I don't recall any of their pets joining the RSF with 30 minutes notice. Pets in those days knew how to respect their overlords and were just incompetent. Some of them are in the CFC these days, so who knows what's going on.

Though in those days, the GIA would have known about it beforehand too, so everyone seems elevated in their traitorous incompetency. I'm surprised someone wasn't fired from the GIA for not knowing about it beforehand. Or maybe they tried to warn the Imperial leadership and was told they were wrong in the head thinking it might be possible for it to happen.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
please tell me I replied to a meme

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

darth cookie posted:

indeed they were, even making NAP pacts with enemies which you werent aware of as far as i know.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have no idea why people are surprised co2 flipped when they would be the one the 10 million of alliances in the past who did so when caught on the not winning team.

Comstar posted:

Say what you can about BoB, but I don't recall any of their pets joining the RSF with 30 minutes notice. Pets in those days knew how to respect their overlords and were just incompetent. Some of them are in the CFC these days, so who knows what's going on.

Though in those days, the GIA would have known about it beforehand too, so everyone seems elevated in their traitorous incompetency. I'm surprised someone wasn't fired from the GIA for not knowing about it beforehand. Or maybe they tried to warn the Imperial leadership and was told they were wrong in the head thinking it might be possible for it to happen.

I assume if someone or some agent was fired it wouldn't be made public

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

frozenpussy posted:

so why are you trying so hard to make a mess of this thread

Do facts outside the narrative frighten you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

ccp should give vouchers for free evaluations to everyone who plays eve

- certified internet docotor blazing zero

Is Albion Online playable again?

• Locked thread