Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Agreed. Plus the Ludwig and Orphan fights are so bizarre and trippy

All three of those fights are better than any boss fight in the other Souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

i liked the shoot to parry system in bloodborne but in the end once you figured it out it trivialized like everything

I never mastered it so everything was extra hard for me. One of the few upsides to being scrub tier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i liked the shoot to parry system in bloodborne but in the end once you figured it out it trivialized like everything

Well I like it because usually if you gently caress up a parry you just die. Since most bosses you can't parry in previous games that danger is never there so I die a lot more often in Bloodborne bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my 2nd favorite fight might be shadows of yharnam. Just because it highlights every aspect that I love about bloodborne's combat, the mobility, the requirement for split second spatial awareness and the look and design of the enemies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Also my 2nd favorite fight might be shadows of yharnam. Just because it highlights every aspect that I love about bloodborne's combat, the mobility, the requirement for split second spatial awareness and the look and design of the enemies

shadows of yharnam is really loving cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's a shame that their final phase is largely missing, since if you're doing it right you'll kill them before they get to summon their snake god. the last dude should gain full health and do that IMO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Final phase? Is there more after they transform?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Final phase? Is there more after they transform?

when it's down to one guy at low HP or they all have a sliver of health left they will summon a tremendous snake out of the ground that lunges at you and loving kills you, and now youre having to manage dodging that thing and their second phase attacks. but everytime ive fought them i get th ekill as the snake is forming lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait, like a persistent snake? i've had them summon it as part of a brief summon that does a few sweeping attacks.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

this. i wish it was a harder fight though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stumbled across a part of the map yesterday that I had never seen before after like 200 hours ish lol. I had never been in the upper rafters of the large cathedral in old Yharnam before

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I stumbled across a part of the map yesterday that I had never seen before after like 200 hours ish lol. I had never been in the upper rafters of the large cathedral in old Yharnam before

i always go that way. i love the view. and the loot is better, u can get a hat for your messengers if you land the jump

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Orphan hosed me up so hard the first time I fought him I started hearing his scream in my dreams.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

AHungryRobot posted:

Orphan hosed me up so hard the first time I fought him I started hearing his scream in my dreams.

Haha yeah, same. Those screams are probably going to be in my brain forever

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

He reminds me of the Grendel scene in the Beowulf cgi film, when Crispin Glover goes ham

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i finally beat that fucker. loving laurence.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I think you hosed the fish

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

you can knock down an oil jar that ignites the giant crucified werewolf for the rest of your game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It also makes the other wolf guys in that area scurred iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

you can knock down an oil jar that ignites the giant crucified werewolf for the rest of your game

badass

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It also makes the other wolf guys in that area scurred iirc

HOly poo poo.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

scary ghost dog posted:

I've got to try this next time

Dec 26, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

well poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*me after fighting a souls boss*

that was the best boss fight ever. how is from gonna top this one--

*fights next boss*

f-gently caress

[ad infinitum]

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I guess most people are happy they didn't bring back procedural generation for 3 but I personally hope they add something like it in the dlc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

I guess most people are happy they didn't bring back procedural generation for 3 but I personally hope they add something like it in the dlc

a boss rush or something would be nice since thats what i really like about chalices. with some difficulty options like the cursed effect. but i suppose it wouldnt really fit in with the narrative so i dont expect it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I know it doesn't really fit souls style but a boss rush arena with individual and team leaderboards for most progress would give the game almost infinite lifespan

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

not sure why anyone would be unhappy about it, the actual main game was not at all procedurally generated so who cares

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Had to do about six hours of it for the plat though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that sucked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was doing the dungeons to try and squeeze more out of the game and it took a while to realize they suck rear end. the bosses are still fun but i really wish you could just have waves of the dungeon enemies+bosses and it was pure combat instead of the lovely huge empty poison rooms and homing spiders that grow completely out of control

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bloodborne is the only game I like to grind in. I love loading up a root chalice and either 1) plowing through enemies and bosses like a god if I'm overleveled, or 2) not knowing if enemies will be around the corner to annihilate my health bar in seconds/getting in the zone with bosses if I'm underleveled. also like to see what wacky paths the procedural generation comes up with

in short chalice dungeons were a good idea. wouldn't mind a boss rush mode but I don't think that would add as much replayability as chalices (not to mention that BB is already super-replayable without either). but that's just my humble opinion

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

bloodborne is the only game I like to grind in. I love loading up a root chalice and either 1) plowing through enemies and bosses like a god if I'm overleveled, or 2) not knowing if enemies will be around the corner to annihilate my health bar in seconds/getting in the zone with bosses if I'm underleveled. also like to see what wacky paths the procedural generation comes up with

in short chalice dungeons were a good idea. wouldn't mind a boss rush mode but I don't think that would add as much replayability as chalices (not to mention that BB is already super-replayable without either). but that's just my humble opinion

i wish all the chalice dungeons were randomly generated.....the static ones arent fun twice.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

i wish all the chalice dungeons were randomly generated.....the static ones arent fun twice.

yeah, i wish they had gone all in on random generation and thrown in more cool stuff you could run into. oh well. i still like chalices a lot, mostly because they give a fun way to get high end gems.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

i want people to know once again that this game is very good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

i want people to know once again that this game is very good

just fought lady maria and

Bobnumerotres posted:

i love the maria fight, it's so loving good. it might be the best fight in all of bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the random ones arent random either. theres a list of room types and then the loot and enemies are random. but the layouts arent. i dont really mind cos its a boss every 5 minutes

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
DS3 is gonna be freaking epic lads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One more week right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

One more week right?