Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ineptmule posted:

I just thought.

Does Tzeentch become stronger when Genestealer cults grow in power? It's kind of like the platonic ideal of a convoluted, generations-long master plan.

I figure the same way Khorne gets stronger when Eldar and Orks fight. Even if it's not explicitly in worship of Tzeentch, they're doing the thing he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Time for an Adepticon report. First things first. I had a god drat blast and was there for the entirety of the event. I look forward to future ones, and indoctrinating my girlfriend's kids and any of our future children into it. IMAGE EXPLOSION!!!!

Day 1 - Thursday.

So, this was easily the worst day. Not really because of the butt thumping I received in the Championship. But more because the lead up had resulted in very little sleep. In fact, Wednesday I stayed up most of the night to finish my Command Squad and their guns, getting only two hours of sleep. I woke up Wednesday to go to my friend's place to retrieve my display board that he hosed up, resulting in me staying up most of Wednesday night into Thursday morning to get it halfway presentable. With the board "ready" and army "ready" I loaded up all my stuff to fall asleep for two more hours from 1 AM - 3 AM Thursday morning. I hit the road around 345 AM reaching the convention center 1 hour prior to the Tournament kick off.

My glorious forces.

I take a look around before game 1:

A sexy Space Wolf army.

A nice diorama with rather mediocre models. And some dude in a bathrobe which apparently a thing for Adepitcon, likely the most comfortable guy there...still a huge dork.

Imperial Fists, siege of the Palace. Pretty cool.

Somehow I missed the diorama that won the big prize for best painted, but it was some fantastic Khorne dungeon hellscape with greater demons, blood rivers, torture pits, and skull walls everywhere.

Into the 12 hour+ slog that was the grand tournament, a sleep deprived, energy drink fueled nightmare, that was still fun in a sick and twisted way. I will spare you turn by turn play because frankly I can't remember all the missions and suck, and just give you brief reviews.

Game 1 - Imperial Guard

My opponent explains his list contains an ITC banned Baneblade that ignores cover with an apocalyptic blast gun. This tank single handedly wins the game. This is actually the most painful of all the games, which is sad considering what I would later face.

Short story, got Baneblade down to 2 hull points, my flyers and the Grav-Cannons performed underwhelmingly. Closest I came to getting tabled with one Marine stuck in combat against Sentinals. The Baneblade had to caused over 80% of the casaulties. 30-0 points, I got wrecked.

Game 2 - Flyrants and Genestealer

Closest game, I manage to kill all the Flyrants, despite how badly it looks like my ground guys are getting rolled the flyers do the work along with Grav-Cents. We basically have a tie game.

Break - I eat food, and wander some more.

Looted Obelisk/Tesseract Vault

Warlord

Game 3 - Wraith Host

- For the Emperor!
Less pictures because they didn't upload in order, but I was sleepy at this point so I cared less. Despite the pics I made a decent account for myself. He flat-outs his wraithguard loaded tanks right into my line and I pop 2 of them, and almost kill all the D-scythe guys. The single surviving one, kills a Rhino in 1 shot and kills 7 out of 10 guys, bullshit...stupid bullshit. He has Invisibility on the Wraith Knight all game, so it stomps most of my army by itself. I do kill almost all the Scat Bikes, but he manages to keep enough alive to score most stuff. 30-0 loss.

Game 4 - 2 Wraith Knights with Void Shield, Lynx, and other annoying stuff.

Highlights, reserves fail to come on 2 turns in a row despite a 2+ roll from Cato. Cato almost defeats Wraith Knight in single combat due to a couple lucky ID attacks. Lynx is snap shot out of the air by a melta-gun. Both Wraith Knights go down under air assault and Grav-Cannon fire by game end. Unfortunately 3 turns was more than enough to lose most my infantry by that point. At this point I was pretty beat and rather fed up with Eldar malarky...I slept.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Eh, thunderdome and superfriends are fine. They are no worse than battle company or war convo.

Yup. Just another imperium deathstar. It's harder to do in 3 detachments but not impossible. Non nerfed invis is a big help along with not getting stomped out by the million wraith/imperial knights on the tables.

Uroboros posted:

A nice diorama with rather mediocre models. And some dude in a bathrobe which apparently a thing for Adepitcon, likely the most comfortable guy there...still a huge dork.

I've met bathrobe guy a few times. He's a cool dude and last year at Bugeater his Chapter Master on a bike was Chuck Norris surfing down a hill.

Anyone have an idea of where I can get a 10" blast marker? I'm digging on ebay and I don't want to drop 30 bucks on the official one.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 4, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Day 2 - Friday

Refreshed from sleep. I hurry over to the Badab Campaign event with is 2000 points per person of Apocalypse with 5 people on each team. I played this with a guy from my local gamestore, who had to leave that day. We also had a cosplaying Inquisitor as our team leader, unfortunately he had the voice of a 14 year old boy, and his inspiring speech was rather cringe-worthy, but hell it is Adepticon, so I grinned like an idiot through it and let him have his fun.

The table was divided in to 3 portions, City, No Man's Land, and Palace. We received a Reaver as support as the attacking forces.

Things got chaotic quickly with the enemy keep a ton of stuff in reserves to drop in our city. This actually almost cost them the game since a lot of this stuff just got murdered.

I kept Sicarius and Speeders by with our Inquisition players to protect the rear. The good Captain killed 2 full tactical squads, an assault squad and almost a 2nd one along with a Dreadnought.

Flyers swarm the table

Mystically our flyers suffer little damage on the counter strike, and the Ravenguard veterans swarm into the enemy, while my Grav-Cents go to work on a Land Raider and Marines.

Recurring theme, my Rhinos die, and my tacticals commandeer empty transports.

- I'm pulling rank human!

A massive clusterfuck breaks out in the middle.

Enemy reinforcements deepstrike with tunnels all over our titan, with 2 full squads of assault Marines mishapping, and being placed in the city, where they died to Sicarius and Stormtroopers.

The volume of fire from the wall begins to take it's toll, but a well placed melta-bomb takes out the furthest and least useful portions of the wall.

Fighting continues in the city as Speeders, Sicarius, and a squad of Salamaders hunt the remaining enemy. The rest of our forces are redeployed closer to the enemy using strategic assets.

The Land Raider Spearhead gets into the fight with assault terminators and crusader squads. We actually had to convince this guy to take them as a formation, because he didn't intend do. Good thing, because they would've died ages ago had he not. The massed fire from our units takes out a tower opening a small gap, and Huron and his elite units swarm to fill it. My Ultras lock some nasty Grav-Cents up in combat, while the Black Templars do the brunt of the fighting, they cause damage, but are overwhelmed as Huron falls back into the gap.

Inquisition forces redeploy, which will prove to late as they met by bikers who they crush, but hold them up long enough to prevent them from taking advantage of the left most hole in the wall.

The final battle is waged by the Raven Guard attempting to drop forces into the enemy's rear.

The battle reaches it's conclusion with carnage everywhere. The enemy wins by contesting our city point if a 1 hullpoint drop pod, and 3 surviving assault Marines that Sicarius whiffs on in the final moment, and my Plasma Vets all fail to hurt the Pod. The center points is held by us, as is 1 outside the palace walls, however both palace interior points are held by the enemy, and in the final battle Huron survives with a single wound. Renegades barely win.

My last event of the day is the Whiskeyhammer Glowpacalypse at 9 P.M. so I wander around and socialize, taking a few more pics of cool stuff.
- Dark Eldar appear now that the championship has ended and the friendly and Maelstrom tournaments begin.
- Oh no...
- A kid playing a friendly game represents his army of Dreadnaughts with beer cups that have stick figures drawn on them.
- lovely pics, but this guy had LED lights in all his Necrons...was totally cool.

An awesome cthulhu themed Chaos Army.

An awesome Minotaurs diorama being pulled by some out of shape Spartans.

The Glowpocalypse was to dark for pictures, but needless to say it was fun, but I made a huge mistake by entering. I was already several mixed drinks into the day, and 10 more shots of Jameson made the following day a tad rough. Our Iron Liver winner took 25 shots, and still woke up and played the team tournament the following day.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Finally finished the Chimera I've had since I bought the Armoured Fist box during the last codex update. :toot:

This was pretty much just edge highlighting practice for me after getting the new brushes and I still need to get better at it and to even out my lines.
Also using that green colour as base was a bad idea as I couldn't touch up mistakes without things being noticeable due to differences in colour tone.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Significantly less pics now.

Day 3 - Two events on the list. Double Combat Patrol which is 400 points on a 48x48 table. Super simple. Figured I needed to tone it down, and I didn't have any friends for the Team Tournament anyway. Spent the downtime bugging Boon and his team along with guys from my local area who had guy in about 4 independent groups because there is all sorts of drama between the local game shops and players due to what I assume is a certain amount of snobbery, basically I had met at least 10 of the people playing in person prior to going at multiple local tournaments and stores, and none of them really seem to want to get to know the others...anti-social geeks, so aggravating.

The morning of the first combat patrol I got spanked pretty bad. I took Assault Cents, a single tact squad, and a speeder, and learned quickly that if you bring anything that can't move more than 6 inches, has less than 24 inch weapon range, or can't deepstrike/infiltrate it is useless because almost no game went past turn 4 due to a very short time limit.

Dwelling on my defeat I changed my strategy and took the following for the afternoon.
- 2 Grav-Cannons in Rhinos and a Stormtalon, and proceeded to run rampant over some very favorable pairings, with the first guy being rather close, and the rest being complete blow outs, due to hiding my cannons, and never exiting a vehicle unless I must. The Stormtalon would then come and finish anything the cannons couldn't.

I ended the event with first place, and got myself a shiny medal and a Skitarii starter kit. 3 other people tied for second, and the winner was determined by appearance. This caused some drama because the prize was given to a total Dbag, with some very mediocre painted Eldar bikes, beating out some lovely Bronze Necrons that one of the only ladies in the entire convention had brought. Her boyfriend was with her, and his Eldar bikes were easily the best painted I had seen the entire convention, NO OFFENSE BOON ( i love your freehand ).

I ran around and took some more pictures while creeping Boon's and other players I knew, while they played in the Team Tournament.

- The sexiest Ultras I could find outside my own.

- This beautiful plane

- I found the guy with the naked Slaneesh army, and to prove just how depraved he was he showed me his custom Psychic Power cards, which was a combination of MTG cards with the power's text on them, and risque anime gals on them. Truly hilarious and horrible in equal amounts.

- No clue, I didn't ask...

Day 4 - Zone Mortalis - 4 out of 12 players showed, which made it quick, and got free poo poo by default.

Brought back the Cents, they still sucked, and got owned.

- My marines win this fight, the Champion holds out against the deathleaper way longer than he has any right to, and Captain S goes to work.

- Captain S survives all this shooting even with the Cold Void special rule, his Command squad does not...

I got myself third place for Sportsmanship, which was kind of funny, because the other 3 armies weren't nearly as well painted as mine, but I didn't really care at that point since every win got a dice pack and some obj cards.

With my last event I took some more pics, helped clean tables, and waited for the final prizes drawings. Boon left not long after the team tournament.

- Beautiful heldrakes abound along with all other awesome chaos conversions.

- Some stellar Dark Angels

Ended the weekend with 1 Gold in combat patrol, 1 Bronze medal. 2x Adepitcon Dice packs, Skitarii Starter kit, Adepticon Obj Markers, and Adepticon Objectives deck as my free merch. Ended up buying: Dark Deeds(a card game by Andy Chambers), a paint rack, Ultramarines Banner to carry around like a big tool, a couple purity seals, and the assorted stuff that came in the grab bag.

Until next year!

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 4, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks for sharing all the Adepticon goodness, Uroboros! While the more competitive stuff isn't how I play, it was fun reading your reports and seeing all the great pictures. There's some gorgeous models on display there, and some :shittypop: ones too.

Cooked Auto posted:

Finally finished the Chimera I've had since I bought the Armoured Fist box during the last codex update. :toot:

This was pretty much just edge highlighting practice for me after getting the new brushes and I still need to get better at it and to even out my lines.
Also using that green colour as base was a bad idea as I couldn't touch up mistakes without things being noticeable due to differences in colour tone.
Try bringing up the red more. Right now it looks streaky and uneven and because it's also pretty desaturated it doesn't stand out much against the green. Also what was the problem with the base color? Did you spray prime it and then just highlight or something?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

Try bringing up the red more. Right now it looks streaky and uneven and because it's also pretty desaturated it doesn't stand out much against the green. Also what was the problem with the base color? Did you spray prime it and then just highlight or something?

Possibly going from Mephiston Red to Khorne Red was a bad idea in this case. Even if I thought it looked too bright in that case.

The base is Plastic Soldier Company Army Spray British in this case, as I wanted to speed up the painting process a little for vehicles. It turned out that while Death World Forest and VMC 924 Russian Uniform looks very similar they are somewhat brighter in tone which makes spot cleaning somewhat noticeable.
Granted I'm overreacting a little since it's only really visible up close than from a distance.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Possibly going from Mephiston Red to Khorne Red was a bad idea in this case. Even if I thought it looked too bright in that case.

The base is Plastic Soldier Company Army Spray British in this case, as I wanted to speed up the painting process a little for vehicles. It turned out that while Death World Forest and VMC 924 Russian Uniform looks very similar they are somewhat brighter in tone which makes spot cleaning somewhat noticeable.
Granted I'm overreacting a little since it's only really visible up close than from a distance.

Yeah I figured it was something like that. If PSC sells a paint color that's the same shade, get that to make this sorta thing easier. Army Painter's paints have been super helpful for my armies but I also got their matching shades that helped a load. It makes it actually possible to clean up without messing with the shades.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

Yeah I figured it was something like that. If PSC sells a paint color that's the same shade, get that to make this sorta thing easier. Army Painter's paints have been super helpful for my armies but I also got their matching shades that helped a load. It makes it actually possible to clean up without messing with the shades.

I know I've looked but last time I checked they annoyingly enough don't seem to offer a that same colour as a paint and just offered Vallejo colours instead. Otherwise I'll just go back to the old way with Black Primer and then painting with Castellan Green for future vehicles.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

I know I've looked but last time I checked they annoyingly enough don't seem to offer a that same colour as a paint and just offered Vallejo colours instead. Otherwise I'll just go back to the old way with Black Primer and then painting with Castellan Green for future vehicles.

I'd go with Army Painter's Army Green
http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=15
I don't know where you're located, but Warstore sells those for 20% off in the US as well as their matching warpaint:
http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=8

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

I'd go with Army Painter's Army Green
http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=15
I don't know where you're located, but Warstore sells those for 20% off in the US as well as their matching warpaint:
http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=8

Thanks for the tip. I know a couple of more closer to home retailers stocking Army Painter stuff so getting hold of those shouldn't be too difficult.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
"Please buy more Betrayal at Calth boxes to make up for Age of Sigmar"

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Apparently they're also doing a set of 4 new SM psychic powers too. Fulmination, Geokinesis, Librarius, and Technomancy. So far there are only 3 powers revealed:

Earth Blood (Geokineses, WC 1) - Blessing that targets a friendly non-vehicle character within 18", heals D3 wounds and gives the target and its unit ITWND while the power is in effect.

Electroshield (Fulmination, WC 1) - Blessing that targets the psyker, gives him a 3++ while in effect.

Veil of Time (Librarius, WC 2) - Blessing that targets the psyker's unit, lets them re-roll all failed saves while in effect.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

Skyhammer Annihilation no longer exclusive to that direct only army deal :v:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Veil of Time (Librarius, WC 2) - Blessing that targets the psyker's unit, lets them re-roll all failed saves while in effect.

Oh boy, that librarius conclave whatever thing formation sure would lap this up real good.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PantsOptional posted:

Apparently they're also doing a set of 4 new SM psychic powers too. Fulmination, Geokinesis, Librarius, and Technomancy. So far there are only 3 powers revealed:

Earth Blood (Geokineses, WC 1) - Blessing that targets a friendly non-vehicle character within 18", heals D3 wounds and gives the target and its unit ITWND while the power is in effect.

Electroshield (Fulmination, WC 1) - Blessing that targets the psyker, gives him a 3++ while in effect.

Deathstars are going to be even more hilarious now that Space Marines are getting Fortune.

Uroboros, it was nice to meet you! Awesome report, looks like you made the most of that trip! I almost passed out on that drive home - Saturday killed us.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Why use the name Angels of Death, wasn't that the title of the old BA/DA codex?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
GW enjoys taunting BA players with dreams of updates

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Boon posted:

Deathstars are going to be even more hilarious now that Space Marines are getting Fortune.

Uroboros, it was nice to meet you! Awesome report, looks like you made the most of that trip! I almost passed out on that drive home - Saturday killed us.

Yeah, I forgot to mention you guys didn't pace yourselves and were in before 11 pm, they hand out prizes for combat patrol and send this guy a text at around 1030. "You guys still out?"..."nah we done", so I went to BWW by my lonesome to eat and have a drink then crashed.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 4, 2016

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Uroboros posted:

Time for an Adepticon report. First things first. I had a god drat blast and was there for the entirety of the event. I look forward to future ones, and indoctrinating my girlfriend's kids and any of our future children into it. IMAGE EXPLOSION!!!!

Nice stuff. You should all go to AA.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
They're also issuing softcover reprints of the Crimson Slaughter and Black Legion books that have new warlord traits, wargear, and formations, according to the advert. I expect most of the Crimson Slaughter formations will be the ones we've already seen in Dark Vengeance and other sources, but the Black Legion set may be totally new.

It's not a new codex, but hey it's something (hopefully).

I expect most of the new space marine formations are the ones created for exclusive webstore offers, the "start collecting box," and other assorted stuff.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Uroboros posted:

Yeah, I forgot to mention you guys didn't pace yourselves and were in before 11 pm, they hand out prizes for combat patrol and send this guy a text at around 1030. "You guys still out?"..."nah we done", so I went to BWW by my lonesome to eat and have a drink then crashed.

Proper alcohol management is the real game. :cheers:

I had the good luck to arrive early and chat up what turned out to be a "friendly" drunk player before our tournament. He was a super cool dude. Since no one else was around yet before play started on the Thursday, we went out to dinner and talked nerd shop and he proceeded to occasionally offer to buy me drinks the rest of the weekend, even after I tried to get him to stop. The TOs smartly had requested a dinner/snack/drink table from the hotel to be set up outside the gaming hall. He had a magical ability to sweet-talk the server at the table outside to get doubles for the price of a single, but I suspect it's because he probably blew $200 in liquor and tips in the first couple days.

Dude was straight wasted probably 1/3 of the entire weekend, but was still actually pretty solid in-game. He got somewhere in the top 20 with a Razorback Gladius spam list.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Awesome stuff Uroboros, thanks for doing all the work to show us the event. Some really cool armies in there, love that Space Wolves plane especially, also some eye popping stuff that makes me cringe.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
With the new Space Marine and Chaos Space Marine bundles coming, I'm interested if there are any Formations tied-in (probably). The new Angels of Death codex and the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter updates might have some interesting options. At least the Space Marine Heroes box looks like a good way to get the Librarian and previously boxset-only Chaplain.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Raphus C posted:

Nice stuff. You should all go to AA.

Alcoholics Anonymous?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So, as my oathed rhino sits on my desk, currently ignored due to ADHD, my test model is going well for my plague marines.

But, I feel compelled to ask. Does anyone else here convert Forgeworld models, particularly the character series? Part of me feels odd for doing customization work on such an expensive model, but on the other hand, if it works it should look really cool, plus I already stole its helmet for something. But I figured I would ask to see if anyone else is as insane as I am and cuts into expensive poo poo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I do it all the time. The trick is that, unless you do a bad job, you can always go back and repair what you've done. I do a lot of dry fitting and blue tacking before I commit any glue. 1/3 time what I had in my head doesn't work out, but when you have 4-5 ideas per model you still get awesome conversions and a unique look anyway.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I'm guessing the three new units will be a contemptor, a cataphractii terminator squad, and a captain in cataphractii.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

So, as my oathed rhino sits on my desk, currently ignored due to ADHD, my test model is going well for my plague marines.

But, I feel compelled to ask. Does anyone else here convert Forgeworld models, particularly the character series? Part of me feels odd for doing customization work on such an expensive model, but on the other hand, if it works it should look really cool, plus I already stole its helmet for something. But I figured I would ask to see if anyone else is as insane as I am and cuts into expensive poo poo.
I've done conversions on models that are older than I am that haven't been made in decades, but at least I usually got them for a cheapish price. I also want to put a Catachan head on Guilliman but that's neither here nor there.

In short: Ham how you want to. Just be careful when it's with expensive or rare models.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So in addition to the Angels of Death stuff, Chaos is getting an update!

It's mediocre. They are updating the two supplements(Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter), and we get two new bundles. Monopose Cultists and a single monopose Aspiring champion, and the second is a Terminator lord and Terminator Retinue.

Also, holy poo poo is that first Heldrake conversion that Uroboros posted loving awesome. Can anyone tell what kits it is made of? Looks like something nid as a base, but I must make something like this. It fits my army so well. (even if it probably fits my wallet even worse than my eventual biker conversions)

As for my Plague Marine conversion, it is going well. The head works, the arm should work, but now I am entering into the part that makes me nervous, the greenstuff. I need to somehow sculpt wispy spirt/smoke coming off of the exposed bone, but I am worried that I won't be able to get it to look right as I have no idea what I am doing in regard to making greenstuff look like smoke. The look I am going for is Power Armor with a skeleton inside. The armor is damaged, and thus has holes in it that expose the skeleton, and where this happens, I want it to look like the spirit of the marine is wisping out of the armor, and off of the bone like fog. Not a lot, mind you, but just a little, sort of like burning incense.

My test model is Zardu Layak, and his head is going to be a laughing skull, with essentially a collar of this whispy spirit, and his arm that is normally flesh, is going to be skeletal.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this chaos marine stuff is bullshit. I can guarantee that the supplements will be completely unchanged except now they'll have some formations tossed in and they'll be softbacks.

jadebullet posted:

Also, holy poo poo is that first Heldrake conversion that Uroboros posted loving awesome. Can anyone tell what kits it is made of? Looks like something nid as a base, but I must make something like this. It fits my army so well. (even if it probably fits my wallet even worse than my eventual biker conversions)
This thing is definitely made out of the zombie dragon/terrorgheist kit. Specifically, the zombie dragon parts. That model's fantastic and is seriously one of my favorites of the entire range.

See? It is really close to the Blanche art it is based off of too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
The wings in that heldrake conversion are from the new bloodthirster, though

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, this chaos marine stuff is bullshit. I can guarantee that the supplements will be completely unchanged except now they'll have some formations tossed in and they'll be softbacks.

Yeah, that's p much exactly what they're advertising. Even the new space marine stuff appears to be a re-printing of the collected supplements (Raukaan, Sentinels, + White Scars & Ravenguard from Kauyon and Mont'ka). Still, I'll take whatever I can get when it comes to the possibility of viable formations for CSM.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 5, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

The wings in that heldrake conversion are from the new bloodthirster, though
Holy poo poo. That's an expensive loving heldrake.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

So, April's local Tournament is 1250, and I'm painting another squad, rhino, and speeder to take the Stormlance Demi-company because I really want to see how powerful the mobile fire base rule can be.

At this point I'm unsure what to bring, but I'm shooting to get close to a perfect score on composition.
Basically I'm unsure if I should, bring a specialty captain (Sicarius), or take a stock chaplain and just forego any special war gear. The mobile fire base really kind of favors mobile shooting, so getting a melee character isn't the most useful, but having LD 10 army wide could go along way in keeping them in the fight along with granting a special rule to a particular squad.

At the moment I'm thinking the following if I don't take Sicarius:

HQ
Chaplain - 90
ELITE
5x Command Squad - 3xPlasma Gun, 2x Flamer in Rhino - 185
TROOPS
10x Marines - Grav-Cannon and Plasma-gun in Rhino - 230
10x Marines - Multi-Melta and Meltagun in Rhino - 200
10xMarines - Flamer in Rhino - 185
FAST
3x Speeders - 2x Heavy Bolter on each - 150
HEAVY
10xMarines - 2x Plasma Cannon - 210

This seems pretty competitive to me while hitting all the composition scores that we get graded on:
A) one selection from each slot
B) max unit sizes on all selection
C) no identical special weapon selections on each squad

Keep in mind I don't have anything else ready to out in the fast slot other than the Speeders making atleast one a requirement. Should I go with this or drop the Command Squad to free up points to take Sicarius and more special weapons for my squads? Mobility is key so I made a point to take as few "heavy" classed weapons as I could, but with extra points those plasma cannons could easily be swapped for Grav, thoughts?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

Holy poo poo. That's an expensive loving heldrake.

Might be he used the bloodthirster body and wings from the zombie dragon to convert up a Skarbrand before the official one was released.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hamshot posted:

Might be he used the bloodthirster body and wings from the zombie dragon to convert up a Skarbrand before the official one was released.
That's actually not a bad guess. That's probably it.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
So I thought it would be fun to buy a box of Crisis suits since I'm bored of painting space marines, and it turns out the start collecting box is :10bux: more than the box of 3 suits? Bastards.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Hamshot posted:

Safety Factor posted:

That's actually not a bad guess. That's probably it.

Whatever you want to tell yourselves to get through the day, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New leaks from the updated Black Legion supplement. Some good things, a good idea on how to do god numbers right, and an attempt to make Possessed not suck.

• Locked thread