Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

my posts were "some people have suggested that grosjean wants the ferrari seat" and then, separately, "who could ferrari realistically sign better than grosjean?"

Pastor Maldonado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

New Sniff Petrol running gag right there.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Whitey Ford posted:

Wasn't it his tweet?

I think he wrote an article on skys website maybe? It wasn't an interview

He was calling for alonso's retirement because of 'passion' or some such.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Dubs posted:

Has Kimi lost motivation?? Lets speculate.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

1500quidporsche posted:

Is there anyone who actually hates Alonso anymore?
Finland.

Well, not all of Finland (some of us can be sensible, and others are too busy with suicidal depression to care), but some of our fine F1 fans are still a bit touchy about Fernando beating ARE KIMI in 2005 and then replacing him at Ferrari in 2010. :finland:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dubs posted:

I think it was this http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24184/10225138/fernando-alonso-should-retire-says-sky-sports-f1s-johnny-herbert

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Goetta posted:

I didn't see this. Was he trying to explain away Alonso clowning him on live TV or his original quotes?

him and the other commentators kept trying to act like it was all in good fun

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Whitey Ford posted:

Hamilton thinks Bottas' collision was a racing incident, what now British tv pundits?
"Clearly, Lewis is wrong in this case. I feel that Bottas was actually attempting to MURDER him, and should be jailed."

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Falken posted:

"Clearly, Lewis is wrong in this case. I feel that Bottas was actually attempting to MURDER him, and should be jailed."

I do see it as a racing incident, Bottas was perhaps being a little optimistic but at the time when he went for it the door was open and he took his chance like a racer should do. However the outcome was most pleasing and I nodded my head sagely with a wry grin while my dad proceeded to go apoplectic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad has been mysteriously quiet on the Lewis front recently, although my mother muttered "just like James Hunt" * and left the room when his name was mentioned.

*my mother despises James Hunt because he gave her a rude nickname in the 60s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

my mom texted me "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" when vettel's engine blew

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
our mothers are much cooler than we are wicka

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i told you guys it skips a generation

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

be nice wicka posted:

my mom texted me "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" when vettel's engine blew

I don't belive you since it's not in spanish. :colbert:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I don't belive you since it's not in spanish. :colbert:

she recorded the NBCSN broadcast

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Does anyone else think it's kinda a bad thing that the same driver has won the last 5 races? In most other series, that would be huge news. In F1, it's the opposite.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

daslog posted:

Does anyone else think it's kinda a bad thing that the same driver has won the last 5 races? In most other series, that would be huge news. In F1, it's the opposite.

Nico having a possibility at the WDC is loving shameful. Lewis should be ashamed.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i told you guys it skips a generation

That's why my dad is totally uncool dude.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If this post gets 100 likes I'll tell you what my mom texted me after the race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think we are all politely ignoring Nico and just waiting for Ferrari to get it's act together and whomp the mercs.

Has anyone else noticed that Nico has put on weight? It's not fat weight but spent the winter training very very hard weight. I dunno if it's all Lewis being burnt out, he did get off the line 4m quicker than lewis again and managed to keep his break from exploding without freaking out over the radio, so maybe something has changed with Nico.

I also suspect he has the good car this year, Mercedes can use Lewis on the posters no matter if he is winning the championship or not, but the sponsors are really really pissed off with him not wearing their brands on instagram and seeing him in the papers captioned as the world champion at rival brand's fashion shows. If someone is paying you £25 million a year the least you can do is wear the luxury trainers and watches you have been given for free, you are a corporate whore son, this is the nature of F1, accept it or gently caress off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't remember last year but Lewis and Vettel lost the last two races more than Rosberg won them. He's going straight back to bitchboy town as soon as either one of them get their poo poo together.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If Nico does win the WDC this year then it feels like it will be hard to keep both him and Lewis on the same team. Is there another team that both drivers with recent championships (ie not Button and Alonso) on their team at the same time?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Goetta posted:

If Nico does win the WDC this year then it feels like it will be hard to keep both him and Lewis on the same team. Is there another team that both drivers with recent championships (ie not Button and Alonso) on their team at the same time?

a certain team in red

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

learnincurve posted:

*my mother despises James Hunt because he gave her a rude nickname in the 60s.

Story please

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

The closest comparison you could draw right now would probably be Piquet/Mansell although Mansell wasn't a champion at that point.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

krushgroove posted:

Story please

oh boy can't wait for this one :f5: :munch:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

If this post gets 100 likes I'll tell you what my mom texted me after the race

I know what she texted me after the race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

krushgroove posted:

Story please

My mother used to do early rallycross and mini cooper racing in the late 1960s, her brother and his friends ran a team and they had links to Bruce Mclaren. James Hunt used to race on a rival team and would grab her arse and only ever refer to her as "tits", my uncle says he didn't mean it and was just trying to piss off someone he saw as a threat, but the woman still holds a grudge 45 years on to the point that not even his death makes much of a difference.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Seb would have won that race if his engine didn't explode.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Seb would have won that race if his engine didn't explode.

Yeah Sebastian Prost was very wise to move to Ferrari

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Goetta posted:

Manor don't seem to have any trouble with a DTM champion and a people's champion on the same team!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

learnincurve posted:

My mother used to do early rallycross and mini cooper racing in the late 1960s, her brother and his friends ran a team and they had links to Bruce Mclaren. James Hunt used to race on a rival team and would grab her arse and only ever refer to her as "tits", my uncle says he didn't mean it and was just trying to piss off someone he saw as a threat, but the woman still holds a grudge 45 years on to the point that not even his death makes much of a difference.

I call bullshit, this wasn't included in Rush after all.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rush would have been longer than Shoah if they included all of James Hunt's sexcapades / hitting on women / sexual assaults

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He was british. Of course he sexually assaulted people.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

He was british worked for the BBC. Of course he sexually assaulted people.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
So did any of the drivers show up in the Panama Papers already?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

El Hefe posted:

I call bullshit, this wasn't included in Rush after all.

/shrug racing in the 1960s/1970s in Britain was a very small world , she probably raced against a lot of future rally legends but only really remembers the cars.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Any other stories of your mom getting groped?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Any other stories of your mom getting groped?

Are you still feeling sensitive because you think F1 is dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
No I really want to read more stories of racing mom.

• Locked thread