Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Spoke Lee posted:

Where do you live? I got cut to $60 a month and I'm on a ventilator 24/7.

I remember you from years ago. You're still crippled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Can you get the benefits loaded directly onto a Starbucks card? Because then I would recommend drinking three big Pike Places per day and making GBS threads black fire out your rear end in a top hat.

Also, lonely single people with one job (like a standard 9-5) have way more time to shop and cook then they think they do. I could def ride my bike to the weird grocery story where they sell a wide variety of good produce for cheap but instead I stand over my kitchen sink and eat microwave pork links.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

carrion kit posted:

is that food stamp pic of Obama real?

No, on the real ones his dick is out.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

get some precious gems

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Have you heard of a revolutionary new currency called bitcoin op? Exchange your stamps for buttcoins.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ball up all the stamps into one and eat that, thus proving yourself unable to live unsupervised and become a burden of the state

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Seems like there should be a a craigslist section to meet up and do this, but I'm too lazy to check.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
No no its cool. OP just approach some dumb looking goon in the grocery store and give them a sob story about how you lost your wallet and need gas money, so hey lemme buy your groceries with this SNAP card and you give me some cash for the pump.

Because nothing makes you seem like a trustworthy business partner in a completely legal enterprise more than you selling your handicapped addled grandma's benefits, I loving saw you park in the hc space and come in with her you rear end in a top hat. Yeah lemme commit a felony just to get a discount on my SPAM and tortillas, seems like a good idea. Gram-gram would be so proud of you if she could remember who you are.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Lol, nobody's getting 30 years for that poo poo.

Actually, that reminds me that some trashy cashier that I used to work with called DHS because she read the EBT balance on a customer's receipt and didn't like how high their balance was. Like you really think that they don't have computers that track that poo poo and if they thought it was a problem that they'd do something about it? She obviously just didn't like people on assistance and felt like it was her chance to gently caress someone over. Oh and she was lazy as poo poo and incompetent but the fact that she was able to barely hold down a job made her feel superior somehow.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Trade your stamps for some stank-rear end pussy in the projects.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Serious questions:
  • How many people are on your SNAP account?
  • How old are the people on the account, and what are their activity levels?
  • Is $230 your total monthly food budget?
  • Are your SNAP benefits likely to increase or decrease in the near future?
  • What are the local grocery stores like? Eg how fancy are they, do any focus on foreign cuisine, etc.
  • How much time do you guys have to buy and prepare food?
  • What kind of basic kitchen equipment do you have? Eg fridge, microwave, slow cooker, saucepans
  • If any of you need to bring bag lunches to work or school, will you be able to use a fridge or microwave when you're there?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Go to the bodega that will ring up your 40s as Funyuns

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Sheep-Goats posted:

Go to the bodega that will ring up your 40s as Funyuns

This is where the "black people love Funyuns" stereotype comes from

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know where it comes from but they like to ring it up as funyuns or else nanners

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I had food stamps when I was like 22, single and real poor. I was expecting to get $50 or something but ended up getting $300 monthly.

It was hard for me to spend it all so at the end of every month I'd go to the store and play Supermarket Sweep. I always had so much food on hand.

Then I got a job and my pantry went back to being empty again.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Go to the deli and get like an entire thing of roast beef or turkey. Not sliced, just the whole hunk of meat. Then sit outside with the meat on a stick, biting directly into it and grunting, and snarling at people because you think they want a bite.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Gorman posted:

I had food stamps when I was like 22, single and real poor. I was expecting to get $50 or something but ended up getting $300 monthly.

It was hard for me to spend it all so at the end of every month I'd go to the store and play Supermarket Sweep. I always had so much food on hand.

Then I got a job and my pantry went back to being empty again.

Shoulda bought out the spagetti sauce and canned soup every week IDIOT

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
They do sliding scale in my state. There was a time where I was technically eligible for about 100 bucks a month. But I already ate basically whatever I wanted and like a king on very little so I didn't bother filling out the paperwork plus I had a soul. Food is cheap as gently caress in America.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

you get a card that's loaded with money. it can only be used in certain places and only on approved categories of items.

I hate they took away the shame of pulling out paper vouchers away.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
You can tell within 5 seconds of looking at someone if they're on ebt anyway. But yes the paper poo poo ruled.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

some roast beef, some chicken, a pizza

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SurfaceDetail posted:

You can tell within 5 seconds of looking at someone if they're on ebt anyway. But yes the paper poo poo ruled.

By their escalade out front

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I can't get food stamps in my state- I work a job with fluctuating hours- so I schlep it on down to the food bank

there's a beans and rice packet they have there that's mostly meant for the developing world and it's fuckin tastier than any product I've been able to buy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
April 2nd

Lemons - $2.94
Limes - $2.94
4x Fideo pasta - $0.38 ea.
6x Knorr pasta - $0.98 ea.
Jicama ($2.84 per lbs) - $2.78
Tajin - $2.48
Whole black pepper - $3.98
Tomato roma ($1.87 per lbs) - $1.27
White onion ($1.82 per lbs) - $1.37
3x Grape fruit - $1.74
5x Tomato sauce - $0.50 ea.
Morton iodized salt - $0.62
Peanut butter - $3.98
5x Canned peas - $0.66 ea.
2x SPAM - $2.64 ea.
Velveeta shells and cheese 3 pack - $5.88
3x Wolf brand chili - $1.98 ea.
Premium crackers - $2.56
5x Sardine steaks - $0.88 ea.
Best Maid whole sour pickles - $5.48
Wheat bread - $0.78
White bread - $0.78
Clif bars, crunchy peanut butter - $11.38

-----------------

April 3rd

San Pellegrino limonata - $4.98
3x Gatorade lime cucumber - $0.94 ea.
Old Trapper original jerky - $11.99
Chicken salad with crackers pack - $4.98
Topo chico mineral water - $1.19
Tabasco pepper sauce - $2.50
Jumex coconut juice with pulp - $0.78
Crown Prince Anchovies - $1.45

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 4, 2016

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Suck+gently caress my rod OP

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
buying velveeta is why the poor stay poor.. why are we funding this again

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Tomtom posted:

Suck+gently caress my rod OP

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

How does this make sense...explain so a retard could understand, bc Im retarded you see.

FREE RICE EQUALS MORE LABOR

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Wow this thread really makes me want to go buy some funyuns

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

chickens for example are 89 cents a pound and 1 pound of chicken has over 1k calories

I'm the completely edible unbutchered, whole chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Hed posted:

I'm the completely edible unbutchered, whole chicken

Its 1.59 for drum stick and thighs. Although I'd assume a poor could just dress the chicken with their mugging knife.

• Locked thread