Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

It's also worth noting that while Yoda is fairly good, he may not be worth the time, resources, and frustration it takes to unlock him.

It feels pretty good to have gotten him but I feel like I've neglected just about everything else over the last month or two.

I've stuck with just slowly getting my Jedi group together. I focused on Dooku over Barriss because I was doing fine in GW, and needed a better arena team. However, if you need to do better in GW, farm JC/Barriss over anyone else.

Once you get Sid from Arena, there isn't anyone that great. There are several mediocre heroes, so using arena tokens to get Eeth isn't really wasting tokens. I do like Asajj though (even though she's not that great), but other than her...meh. Obviously you're going to 7* Lumi from GW, because you're dumb if you don't. You absolutely should put all of your Cantina Tokens into QGJ, so that gets you 3 Jedi to 5* in a pretty reasonable amount of time. Also, you can get GS to 7* pretty quickly from Cantina, and then put that energy into JC while you wait to unlock Barriss/Dooku.

e: Also, there's a huge reason to get Yoda/QGJ in the CURRENT meta. With QGJ lead, Yoda is the fastest hero in the game, going before Dooku. While attacking, this lets you give your team tenacity, which prevents a Dooku stun. If you also run Dooku, this gives you a pretty big advantage. I think that if you don't have Yoda, Dooku is the best leader, but with Yoda, QGJ is a little bit better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
L. O. L. Yup, this game isn't ever getting better. Run while you can.

EA_Jesse posted:

reetings Heroes,
Here is your community update for April 1st, 2016.
What happened this week?
The level cap increased to 80. Full update notes can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23789/game-update-3-31-2016#latest
swl60hzcbho8.jpg
The Grand Master’s Training event made a surprise return. Were you able to unlock Grand Master Yoda? I was! Now it’s time to start gearing up more Jedi to get him to 6 Stars when the event returns next.
What’s being worked on now?
Next Major Update
I wanted to clarify something important about the recent change to Tiers of gear. As some players have noticed, a few of these pieces of gear are currently not obtainable through the same means that other gear is acquired. Instead, these new pieces will be acquired in a different way through brand new and exciting features. We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big.
There is also an on-going problem caused by as-yet-inaccessible parts of character progression being visible in game. These elements should not be considered final and are subject to change. As such, we will be making those elements blank / invisible for items above the current level cap of 80 in the near future.
Stay tuned for more info on the next major update over the coming weeks
Tuning Update
We are still planning on having the tuning update ready for all of you in the coming weeks. We’re doing extensive testing on this update to add the Protection stat that we mentioned to all of you in a previous community update.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm totally excited about a new way to farm gear.

edit: :peanut:

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 2, 2016

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Monday patch notes: turns out the game is just going to enable your camera to take a picture of your credit card

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got 10 Phasma shards. Message says April 1 to April 6. IOS device.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm sick of this game and its stupid meta. As soon as I have JC/Barriss, I'm going Ewoks...Teebo/Chirpa, here I come. I already have a 4* Ewok Elder, almost halfway to 5.

E:
Just hit 71. And then I spent 2 million leveling my favorite heroes to 71....I should maybe do fewer next time, cost me 2 million.

I've got one day left on QGJ hitting 7*, and then I'm moving back to getting Daka to 7*. I haven't decided if I'm going to try to 7* Poe or not...I'm thinking I might just do his hard modes for awhile since one of them drops stun cuffs anyways.

I'm expecting level 80 taking about 45 days. At my current pace, I could probably do it at 40, but I'm spending more crystals than it's possible to earn daily, so I'll have to cut back and slow things down, I just really want to hit 72 asap. I'll probably drop to just doing 1 Cantina and 3 regular refreshes per day. If I make top 5, I'll put that into extra regular refreshes, but otherwise I should be able to maintain my crystals at 300 per day.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 2, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
So the devs only know how to do two things; introduce new (or reintroduce old) bugs, and make the game more grindy. Actually fixing bugs, or lowering old pay walls, is clearly off the table, to say nothing of actually even attempting to change the meta away from its current bullshit.

I can't wait to see how hard their upcoming balance changes gently caress the game over. Really looking forward to a new list of required characters in the new meta that is even smaller than the current one.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mooktastical posted:

So the devs only know how to do two things; introduce new (or reintroduce old) bugs, and make the game more grindy. Actually fixing bugs, or lowering old pay walls, is clearly off the table, to say nothing of actually even attempting to change the meta away from its current bullshit.

I can't wait to see how hard their upcoming balance changes gently caress the game over. Really looking forward to a new list of required characters in the new meta that is even smaller than the current one.

Not that I don't think these devs are total garbage but putting characters like Poe, Phasma, Dooku, and QGJ into shipments were at the time a good example of a mobile game indirectly lowering pay walls (in a game that honestly doesn't really have any at the moment).

Eventually we're going to get Leia and Rey in some shipment or Cantina level as someone else a little more exclusive shifts into the spotlight. E: Like we've seen with RG

They're making an honest attempt in that regard but unfortunately they are dumping everything into Cantina and are very poo poo at fixing other things.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 2, 2016

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Jibo posted:

Not that I don't think these devs are total garbage but putting characters like Poe, Phasma, Dooku, and QGJ into shipments were at the time a good example of a mobile game indirectly lowering pay walls (in a game that honestly doesn't really have any at the moment).

Eventually we're going to get Leia and Rey in some shipment or Cantina level as someone else a little more exclusive shifts into the spotlight. E: Like we've seen with RG

They're making an honest attempt in that regard but unfortunately they are dumping everything into Cantina and are very poo poo at fixing other things.

I was more referring to the ridiculous gear farm.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress gently caress gently caress this bullshit 7* yoda bullshit.

doogle
May 24, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress this bullshit 7* yoda bullshit.

I used maxed out JC/Lumi/QGJ/Mace/Ahsoka and it took me ~15 tries to beat Yoda 7*. I just focused him down but if he had a healer with him it was pretty much game over. I beat him when he had a Jedi Guardian and Plo Koon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

doogle posted:

I used maxed out JC/Lumi/QGJ/Mace/Ahsoka and it took me ~15 tries to beat Yoda 7*. I just focused him down but if he had a healer with him it was pretty much game over. I beat him when he had a Jedi Guardian and Plo Koon.

I finally got him with my Lumi/JC/EK/Ahsoka/QJG combo.

I just had a string of poo poo luck every battle but I finally downed that fucker.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Beat it first time out because he blicked Mace before getting a billion free turns off the basic.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Since I have been playing marvel avengers alliance 2 for the last week or so, how have the balance changes panned out?

Also maa2 is pretty much this with a fuckload less whailing Lol.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Spent like 3m credits bringing 16 toons to 71 from 70. Not sustainable. Maybe ten? Seems to have taken four or five days to go up a level.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's 177k per character, a bit over a sixth of a million. Concentrate on your top squad til they're capped out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

Since I have been playing marvel avengers alliance 2 for the last week or so, how have the balance changes panned out?

They pushed them back, this latest patch was seriously just the level 80 cap increase.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013
So has anyone else noticed that in the Challenges, almost everyone (especially bosses and their droids) resists all negative effects now? I can't get a healing debuff or a DOT to stick to Vader or Boba Fett especially. Real fun.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Grillburg posted:

So has anyone else noticed that in the Challenges, almost everyone (especially bosses and their droids) resists all negative effects now? I can't get a healing debuff or a DOT to stick to Vader or Boba Fett especially. Real fun.

The bosses are probably level 80 or something, who knows with a developer like this :v:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
All the f2p games just have some IAP target and they make adjustments to difficulty or whatever until they meet the target. Transparency in mechanics is hardly a concern.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So after I have 7*'d Lumi, Poggle, and Phasma who in the hell should I be spending these GW tokens on?

I'm guessing either Resistance Pilot or Teebo? No one else looks interesting. I'd save them up but even spending 800+ a day I'm still flush with GW points.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea, to the earlier conversation about Sidious, he is totally broken in Challenges and GW.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

So after I have 7*'d Lumi, Poggle, and Phasma who in the hell should I be spending these GW tokens on?

I'm guessing either Resistance Pilot or Teebo? No one else looks interesting. I'd save them up but even spending 800+ a day I'm still flush with GW points.
I'm now leveling up pilot and biggs concurrently since I don't care about them and may never level them up. Just do GW for the credits.

You could just bank them in case a desirable toon ever gets put on the GW list.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ularg posted:

Yea, to the earlier conversation about Sidious, he is totally broken in Challenges and GW.

Working as intended.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm a bad person. I've seen some spite comps lately in GW, so I've started doing the same on the final level. The current thinking is that it saves the last comp you used in GW to match with other players, so I've lately been finishing out GW with Dooku (L) Sid, Lumi, Rey, QGJ. Sorry guys. Once Daka is 7*, I might slot her in there somewhere.

I'm also one day away from level 72, so that'll be nice. Can finally start collecting those stupid items a little easier.

EA_Jesse posted:

We can’t talk about them just yet, but keep an eye out on Monday for something…big.

Still wondering what this means. Probably won't have an answer for 4-5 hours.

MarcusSA posted:

I really like Resistance Pilot, especially if you have a bunch of assists in arena (or even just QGJ/GS). Dooku led RP, QGJ, GS, +1 is really good. Throw in Biggs, Fives or scout for extra assists or turn fuckery. RP is also a pretty good DPS for GW.

Poggle is also a badass. I haven't been using him in arena lately, but once I have 88 starred and geared, I might. I've already got 86 starred and leveled, just need a couple more gear levels on him. I think that Dooku's leadership fix and QGJ's availability have decreased Poggle's overall use because you now have really good ways to get offence up. However, he's not bad, and he's really good for the support challenge (basic has high chance to apply ability block).

Also, I would recommend using two purchases on one hero, and throw the third into the shard shop. I regularly buy shards for Rey, Daka, FOTP, and Vader.

E:

Ularg posted:

Oddly, I only get this in the droids/credits/mats challenges, not the gear challenges. Also, boss stage is immune to ALL debuffs, not just Sid's.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 4, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Burn them in the General Grievous incinerator.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Malgrin posted:

Oddly, I only get this in the droids/credits/mats challenges, not the gear challenges. Also, boss stage is immune to ALL debuffs, not just Sid's.

Like I said it's been broken in GW as well. I don't think every GW comp is 100% immune to debuffs. And until this patch Boba Fett has never been immune to Sids debuffs. It's what made him so easy. Healing immunity and he can't get healed by his droids. Makes the challenge go by fast.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

kaschei posted:

Burn them in the General Grievous incinerator.

Has anyone done the math on how many years of playing it would take to get GG?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Yeah I think someone on Reddit did and it was a comically long rear end time. Long enough that I am not even going to bother because even after being a whale in this game I don't see my self playing it for much longer.

It is a lovely long term goal.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ularg posted:

Also Cantina and LS/DS missions. PVP is the only thing where he seems to be able to proc his AOE and only sometimes.

I checked his stats and he has 0 Potency at gear level 8 as far as I can tell so he has basically like no resistance resistance and presumably bosses have tons of resistance.

Not sure what it was like before the update. But I know the previous update mentioned something about bosses being able to resist the crit application of the DoT so maybe they hosed something up that compounded that.

xyigx posted:

Eh, not really. There's no way to grind out specific characters (other than reward characters), you only get to use teams of three (which includes your "partner" which you have to select from a group of other players like in this), and there's a funky rock paper scissors mechanic on the units. I also feel like they do a lovely job of explaining things so I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Basically the only thing these games have in common is that they are a turn based RPG based on Disney owned characters. But that's probably a good thing for MAA2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MAA2 has their Spec Ops, which are occasional challenge events that people were unable to complete at level 30 with 3 star characters.

The push to whaling is subtle, but it's there.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

cowofwar posted:

I dunno, I had a bunch of GW tokens and arena tokens saved up after maxing all the characters I needed out of those stores. I've probably burned a few thousand tokens on shards for the shop, and I'm pretty close to having enough for the 30-shard GG pile. I can see somebody getting him without too much more trouble (I'm not going to bother since I'd rather use the shard shop for the occasional Vader offer).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I think someone on Reddit did and it was a comically long rear end time. Long enough that I am not even going to bother because even after being a whale in this game I don't see my self playing it for much longer.

It is a lovely long term goal.

Assuming you earn 2.25 Arena purchases and 3 GW purchases per day, that works out to 26.25 shards per day (we're going to assume you're still putting cantina/regular energy and cantina shipments to other heroes for now). This is 2.625 Grievous shards per day. This is 126 days of putting every arena and GW token into GG. When you think about it, that's not SO bad, because at the rate they are adding heroes to Arena/GW shipments (one for each since I started in December), you will eventually run out of heroes to spend these tokens on. I mean, I'm really close to just throwing GW at GG anyways (after Teebo, of course).

However, if you wanted to throw every resources you had at Grevious, you could speed that up by a bit. Spending 200 crystals per day, you would have 240 cantina energy and 480 (+135) regular energy per day. At the estimated 1/3 Cantina and HM farm rate, this works out to 17 HM shards, 10 Cantina shards, and 5 Cantina Battle shards per day, bringing our total up to 58 shards per day, or 5.8 GG shards per day. This brings our time down to 57 days farming. So, once you max everything (including gear) at level 80, you can have GG maxed in just 2 months.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Pretty much any of my level 70 characters are at the point where if I want them to go up in gear level I have to find 50 of an item. And for whatever reason there's only like a 0.05% drop rate. Because out of 230 energy I only got a single piece of gear from an 8-energy mission.

Not really sure what to do otherwise. I'm currently still getting shards for QGJ, Ahsoka, Dooku, Fives and FOST. But after that I have a full energy refresh to use on whatever. So all I can do is try and waste my energy on farming gear I'll never get to drop. Or trying to gear up all of my characters to legendary gear level status. Or start getting shards for some new characters all together. (I'm working on Barris in Cantina but she's slow to farm)

Ularg fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 4, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Pretty much any of my level 70 characters are at the point where if I want them to go up in gear level I have to find 50 of an item. And for whatever reason there's only like a 0.05% drop rate. Because out of 230 energy I only got a single piece of gear from an 8-energy mission.

Not really sure what to do otherwise. I'm currently still getting shards for QGJ, Ahsoka, Dooku, Fives and FOST. But after that I have a full energy refresh to use on whatever. So all I can do is try and waste my energy on farming gear I'll never get to drop. Or trying to gear up all of my characters to legendary gear level status. Or start getting shards for some new characters all together. (I'm working on Barris in Cantina but she's slow to farm)

Yeah, it's going to be a lot easier to farm some of those items with the level 72 challenges. You'll still have to work for Czerka stun cuffs in the 50 items category, and there's some 20s that are always a pain (MK8 Blastechs) and the tenacity one I always need more of. I'm actually to the point where I have 200 MK4 laptops thanks to the str challenge. I still need about 100-120 of them, but all of those items need the blastechs, and those are for heroes I'm not trying to max right now - Phasma, Ewok Elder, Poe, Ackbar.

I would highly recommend working on Rey. She takes forever, so you should start now. Barriss also has two hard nodes on dark side 5. Old Daka has one node on dark side 4. Ewok Elder has one node in light side 2. Poe has a node that also drops Czerka stun cuffs...I generally get one per 3, so, it isn't the worst thing. Regular energy refreshes are also really good right now because you get the xp, so I'm just farming a ton of heroes, and a ton of purples because I have the energy for it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't know about other players but if I'm not getting progression of some sort every day then I'm not going to stick around. Some pieces now require farming for a week, never mind the 50 item things.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's the "big" update they mentioned on Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7suGi_ydYHI

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Surprise, the big announcement was a big wet fart. It's just a teaser trailer saying, hey the patch is probably coming later this month! And maybe a rancor, who knows.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24960/april-update-teaser-trailer#latest

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

Surprise, the big announcement was a big wet fart. It's just a teaser trailer saying, hey the patch is probably coming later this month! And maybe a rancor, who knows.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24960/april-update-teaser-trailer#latest

Maybe it's a Rancor Challenge, with Jedi Luke as a reward... maybe? :smithicide:

I've relegated to just playing this like pokemon. I barely hit 70 as the cap was raised, and while I enjoy collecting SW characters, I am just not committed enough to try and grind 50 dildos each for a piece of gear across 4 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Tagichatn posted:

Hmm, this was updated since I read it:

quote:

Guilds, Raids, Guild Chat

Hope there are enough goons left to make a guild.

• Locked thread