Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rob3r posted:

This is a really good paragraph. Except Test has always had SRP.

During the end of the Fountain War I recall that TEST's alleged SRP program was massively back-logged and members weren't receiving payouts, accompanied by posts from other redditors making fun of those who were asking about why they weren't getting paid out.

There's a difference between saying you have an SRP program and actually having an SRP program. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lotta mad dudes coming in telling everyone how hard goonfleet gettin owned makes me want to disagree with you

How is that not better? It's free entertainment if you don't reply to all of them to say they are wrong

Plus it helps Lowtax's kids

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frozenpussy posted:

lol no need to crucify anyone for the yacht fleet horny whiteboy lifestyle, that was a different time. Sure it was only two months ago but it was a different time.

The parallels to the pre-Fountain 2013 techfleet is pretty amazing. We get pretty bloated and stupid in the lulls between wars.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

-Troika- posted:

So after the cap changes, are ratting dreads and titans going to be a thing?
Dreads? Maybe, but the siege timer makes it awkward. Titans, almost certainly yes, and I'm looking forward to it. Ratters in obscure shitholes like the drone regions and esoteria will happily sit in their pimped titans banging out 150m+ ticks, creating all sorts of opportunities for amusing traps and ganks.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Drythe posted:

Think of the children!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drythe posted:

How is that not better? It's free entertainment if you don't reply to all of them to say they are wrong

more entertaining to me to call them stupid to their faces, but a chilld thread that does not make

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I don't expect many of you to agree with me on this- but honestly, flying in groups without SRP makes people gently caress up less and overall contributes to a better EVE experience.

That being said, groups have lived and thrived for years without it, so it's not like some big Achilles heel everyone tries to make it out to be.

I'm so glad you don't expect me to buy your weak rear end reasons why SRP isn't important.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will make this commitment, when I am done with tree of savior and I am looking for another MMO, I will make it EVE

I will be a huge loving idiot because I'm bad at games but I'll try

rob3r
Dec 27, 2012

Siets posted:

During the end of the Fountain War I recall that TEST's alleged SRP program was massively back-logged and members weren't receiving payouts, accompanied by posts from other redditors making fun of those who were asking about why they weren't getting paid out.

There's a difference between saying you have an SRP program and actually having an SRP program. :)

Oh without a doubt we ran out of ISK at the end of that war, that's what happens when you get in brawls that you are losing every day for weeks. Test never had the financial warchest that Goons had, and it is something I envy about Goons to this day, you do finances really, really well.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Thinking about picking up EVE, but I found myself a little more than lost and bored when I tried picking it up years ago. Then again, I didn't play with goons so

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm unironically considering resubbing for the capital changes just to see how they play out. I've only lost my dread once to a PL hotdrop and it was awesome.

I'm afraid to login though because I spent a lot of money on an embarrassing attempt to become a moon miner last time I resubbed and I don't have any loving clue where my stuff is now and I probably have no cash at all.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

I don't expect many of you to agree with me on this- but honestly, flying in groups without SRP makes people gently caress up less and overall contributes to a better EVE experience.

That being said, groups have lived and thrived for years without it, so it's not like some big Achilles heel everyone tries to make it out to be.

being risk averse is not competency dude no matter how much you believe it so

edit: my shame, my shame

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 4, 2016

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I will be a huge loving idiot because I'm bad at games but I'll try

You will fit right in with the rest of us

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the SRP thing, I don't care either way. I knew there was no SRP in Waffles and adjusted my playstyle to that and have done fine. Then again I also don't do PVE in EVE and get PLEX from making bad videos so that may not be the best example.

Ice Fist posted:

I'm unironically considering resubbing for the capital changes just to see how they play out. I've only lost my dread once to a PL hotdrop and it was awesome.

I'm afraid to login though because I spent a lot of money on an embarrassing attempt to become a moon miner last time I resubbed and I don't have any loving clue where my stuff is now and I probably have no cash at all.

Dreads are getting SMAs. :getin:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the mighty Mens Rights Alliance is owning those dang Goonies and their SJW masters who cut off the supply of reddit lolli, le deal with it *animal meme*

e: i would say owned by the word filter but robocop masters is pretty cool sounding

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Eonwe posted:

I think this war was good for the thread

Goons can't deal with not being at war. Literally every time things get boring we start gnawing on each other.

risk adversity is not competency dude no matter how much you believe it so

averse

it's risk averse

deadtear i expected more from you

rob3r posted:

Oh without a doubt we ran out of ISK at the end of that war, that's what happens when you get in brawls that you are losing every day for weeks. Test never had the financial warchest that Goons had, and it is something I envy about Goons to this day, you do finances really, really well.

you ran out of isk at the beginning of the war after you welped innumerable fleets on useless objectives because ~gudfites~

good 'ol 1-SMEB

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it happens with goons everywhere

goons band together to gently caress with people, but if the action edges down a bit, goons eat each other

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Good read; sweet baby Odin I wouldn't want Sion's job. :ohdear: All this drama and war makes me think about losing at EVE again; especially if we're fighting TEST.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ChickenWing posted:

averse

it's risk averse

deadtear i expected more from you

you're right and im sorry, there are no excuses as I even looked back at it to make sure it was right, I can't even claim autocorrect failure since im not on my phone:suicide:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dreads are getting SMAs. :getin:

Yeah I'm hyped about those dread changes. I was training for a titan and titans sound cooler than ever with the buff, but I resigned myself to never owning a titan after my failed foray into moon mining/reaction farming. It was seriously embarrassing. I bought all the poo poo, I set up a tower and everything and then I never logged in again because lol I don't have the patience for any kind of money making in eve.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Nietzschean posted:

Please build interceptors and stealth bombers.

Oh god please don't. I actually used to like Siege Fleet and I'll fly an Interceptor as a support ship any of the day week, but 5 days into this war and I never want to see more than two of either of those things in one place.

I don't know if it's accurate, but there is a post on reddit saying we lost over 1300 interceptors over the past few days. That isn't good fun, it's a problem.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Fist posted:

Yeah I'm hyped about those dread changes. I was training for a titan and titans sound cooler than ever with the buff, but I resigned myself to never owning a titan after my failed foray into moon mining/reaction farming. It was seriously embarrassing. I bought all the poo poo, I set up a tower and everything and then I never logged in again because lol I don't have the patience for any kind of money making in eve.

I know nothing about any of that. I also am personally not thrilled about flying anything larger than a capital. Too many subcaps are fun to fly.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

nessin posted:

Oh god please don't. I actually used to like Siege Fleet and I'll fly an Interceptor as a support ship any of the day week, but 5 days into this war and I never want to see more than two of either of those things in one place.

I don't know if it's accurate, but there is a post on reddit saying we lost over 1300 interceptors over the past few days. That isn't good fun, it's a problem.

That's because FCs keep trying to get fights with interceptors instead of doing hit and runs

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cygni posted:

the mighty Mens Rights Alliance is owning those dang Goonies and their SJW masters who cut off the supply of reddit lolli, le deal with it *animal meme*

e: i would say owned by the word filter but robocop masters is pretty cool sounding

Are you having a stroke? Someone call an ambulance :ohdear:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

you're right and im sorry, there are no excuses as I even looked back at it to make sure it was right, I can't even claim autocorrect failure since im not on my phone:suicide:

its okay, with the amount that particular word is abused in this goddamn community it's to be expected on occasion

It just stands out to me because one day I recognized how often people misuse it and then it's like when you have a stubbed toe and you just hit it on goddamn everything

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i think my problem was, i tried to use a word that isnt, and the d just slipped right in :quagmire:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Eonwe posted:

everyone elsewhere acts like you guys are getting your poo poo kicked in, but at least in this thread it doesn't seem like you are all that concerned, so it must not be as onesided as people are pretending

It's called an echo chamber.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty neat.

https://twitter.com/CCP_Fozzie/status/717007597069533189

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know nothing about any of that. I also am personally not thrilled about flying anything larger than a capital. Too many subcaps are fun to fly.

drat. I was typing a post to ask you how PL will adjust to cap changes aimed squarely at tactics involving ships bunched up together. Or where you plan to get the droves of Force Auxes needed for the other way of using a super requiring piles of triage archon losses.

Pandemic Horde? Maybe if you had a section of space where they could develop a taste for carrier ratting. Since two years ago.

This is an open-ended thought, is there anything you have to say about the matter

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Are you having a stroke? Someone call an ambulance :ohdear:

what confused you

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

dragonstalking posted:

lmao that you think this an echo chamber. Half the posts in the thread are from people outside of goons.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Drythe posted:

That's because FCs keep trying to get fights with interceptors instead of doing hit and runs

Jay Amazingness seems to be the only person who "gets it". I was on a swordfleet op with him for 3 hours, and we popped 6 entosis mallers and jammed 4 archons. Over the same time period boat lost 3 entire fleets because he thought dogfighting scram equipped, close range interceptors with Sa Matra Specials was a good idea.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

yes fozzie scraping the barrel for proof of a war. Suspiciously absent is the ISK total.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

an echo chamber would be chest beating and jerking off about how awesome everything is and how reddit is totally winning and whatever else

instead of being realistic you ignorant ape god you're so dumb if you had posts anywhere not in this loving thread i would put you on a pedestal beside TT as the greatest fakeposters to ever exist

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Goatman Sacks posted:

Jay Amazingness seems to be the only person who "gets it". I was on a swordfleet op with him for 3 hours, and we popped 6 entosis mallers and jammed 4 archons. Over the same time period boat lost 3 entire fleets because he thought dogfighting scram equipped, close range interceptors with Sa Matra Specials was a good idea.

boat is loving stupid news at 11

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

frozenpussy posted:

yes fozzie scraping the barrel for proof of a war. Suspiciously absent is the ISK total.

Why is "there is so much death holy poo poo" scraping the barrel?

There's an insane amount of sov turnover. I'm trying to think of a four-day period during which more sov was lost than (1) T2N dropping during the Fountain War and (2) The last four days.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

Did they even bother to provide a kill total? That would be interesting to know as well in addition to isk total that I see is not listed.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

nah dude its called not being emotionally invested in vidya games

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cyrelio posted:

Did they even bother to provide a kill total? That would be interesting to know as well in addition to isk total that I see is not listed.

Probably going to be in the next CCP Fuckgoons marketing video :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Boat's not the only one who has done that over the weekend. I had an FC welp a fleet doing the same thing and blamed people who were bursting for the loss. Burst ECMs certainly didn't help but it was the dumb engage that killed us.

• Locked thread