Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Also Taric confirmed white man, another racist move by Marc Merrill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes gonna be a support but played top lane for a few weeks because all his numbers will be way too high.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This deserves the big version:

Radical posted:

hes gonna be a support but played top lane for a few weeks because all his numbers will be way too high.

As it is with all new champions and reworks, amen.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RIP living suit of armor idea though. I guess I just have to settle for this... dreamboat of a man.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
taric spent all this time raiding tempest keep for his t5 shoulders now he's BACK baby

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Be still my beating heart
The cleavage, the hair

It is outrageous

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Love that League characters started off blatant DOTA clones and ended as blatant World of Warcraft clones.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2130144885/34336434?tab=overview

Yeah, I actually am a bit of a Jhin player. Nice out of context video though

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Mierenneuker posted:

RIP living suit of armor idea though. I guess I just have to settle for this... dreamboat of a man.

Equal opportunity eye candy is my favorite Riot gimmick

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Exhaust?

Are you playing him mid or something? You monster

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RealFoxy posted:

Love that League characters started off blatant DOTA clones and ended as blatant World of Warcraft clones.

it's good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

AHH FUGH posted:

Exhaust?

Are you playing him mid or something? You monster

I take exhaust about 70% of the time as marksman because heal doesn't work against Talon, kassadin, rengar, or about 70 other champions

especially now that ignite cuts heal in half, but only if you take it. It doesnt cut ally heals.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My favorite WoW raid was when Hellscream turned into a giant orange choo choo train

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
taric grace my eyes with your body, please

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

we've just had elegon and the yogg saron summoner, now we've got paladin t5 fabio. aatrox rework is going to turn him into illidan

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lol u guyz r dum

Taric broke the oath of being outrageous. He'll still be fabulous, but in a reserved manner.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox is extremely cool, do not rework

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

we've just had elegon and the yogg saron summoner, now we've got paladin t5 fabio. aatrox rework is going to turn him into illidan
You can go much deeper than that. Ashe is Sylvanis and Sion is Hellscream and there's many more.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if aatrox played like hots illidan he would be in every game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
also bond takes ghost over heal as Jhin so seriously do not take anything Jhin related he says seriously

Libertine posted:

Janna is great pairing with Jhin and any other ADC who can't escape fights. Trying to argue that you should dodge a Janna pick in solo queue is one of the most asinine things I've ever read, considering that Janna has been a permanent solo queue high tier pick for her entire existence.

I think he's being a bit hyperbolic, man. Janna is a excellent champ and has been and probably will be barring a gigantic rework until time stops but I don't really feel the impact of a Janna in lane like I would Nami or Leona, but I haven't played with Janna or Janna players a lot. Of course Janna is great, but in lane she is Not Very Useful like the other champs are. Again, from my experience. I probably need to play with Cobweb more.

NTT posted:

blind pick

you know i'm not going to take you seriously linking that poo poo lmao

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 4, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AHH FUGH posted:

Pretty much all you need to know.

Also, don't play Jhin with a Janna. If your support picks Janna, just dodge. God-loving-awful lane. Just get a Nautilus or Braum and auto-win the lane

I've found it, the wrongest thing ever posted in the thread

Janna-Jhin is one of the strongest lanes in bot at the moment

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The worst part about playing Janna is that she's such a passive laner. She's the support that people who don't know how to support pick and will therefore just sit there and maybe shield you if the enemy ADC tries to harass, but is otherwise a useless XP soaking lump of peel (maybe).

Give me something with some actual engage potential that can eat some cooldowns without dying instantly.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

AHH FUGH posted:

The worst part about playing Janna is that she's such a passive laner. She's the support that people who don't know how to support pick and will therefore just sit there and maybe shield you if the enemy ADC tries to harass, but is otherwise a useless XP soaking lump of peel (maybe).

Give me something with some actual engage potential that can eat some cooldowns without dying instantly.

Janna is not a passive laner unless you use the incredibly narrow definition of 'i can force a 2v2 at will', which yes will include other strong supports like braum, alistar, and nautilus. Braum probably synergizes the best with him because Braum is exceedingly strong but to say that Janna is somehow a poor support option for 'I scale on AD incredibly hard: the champion" Jhin is not a real good opinion

e; i know it's a funny thread meme to associate 'things bond says' with 'things that are wrong' but lol guys come on janna bad really?

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 4, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

... what?

This is the opposite of true. Janna is an active as hell laner. She is great at harassing and it's hard as hell for a lot of lanes to punish that because her disengage is great.

Like gently caress, just look at her kit. She has a passive that lets her move through units and a shield that is incredibly strong, mana-efficient and grants bonus AD. If anyone comes in on her they eat a slow or a knockup while she drifts on away. Once she has her ult you're not getting in on her period unless you land CC. If your Janna isn't constantly harassing she is a lovely Janna.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 4, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

janna is amazing with anyone who relies on power windows as she can protect them when they're in their weak phase and amplify their strength when in their strong phase

and jhin is pretty much the poster boy for power windows

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Play like 50 diamond ranked Jhin games with a Janna support and then you'll understand.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

AHH FUGH posted:

Play like 50 diamond ranked Jhin games with a Janna support and then you'll understand.

I've played a few thousand ranked games with every other marksman with a Janna support and I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what she does in lane, thanks

Jhin's a champion that makes strong trades and then cleans up <50% hp opponents. Janna is a champion that encourages strong trades with her shield. It's real strong and Janna is my number 2 pick for Jhin behind Braum.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Janna, well-played, can deny 100% of any aggression that comes into your ADC.

Janna, excellently played, can do all that and also engage with CC/slow/knockback combos (especially after the enemy support/jungler fails to secure a kill on an engage).

To say she's passive/boring champion is like some kind of poo poo that someone new to the game 4 years ago would say who thinks she only sits in bush and casts shields.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

If your Janna isn't constantly harassing she is a lovely Janna.

This is the point i think Fugh is trying to make--you get a janna that acts like a season 1 support (if ya'll remember those days and are old) that casts a spell and sits in the brush for the entirety of the lane which, for Jhin, a guy that chips people away before going in for the kill as opposed to "land CC, go all in" is absolutely 10000% useless.

Of course Janna is good, anyone that thinks she's actually bad is really loving stupid because she's the best disengage support in the game but in lane, no, if played like a giant passive weenie she is beyond worthless

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Janna is my main and favorite champ. She isn't my top pick for supporting Jhin but she's more than capable of doing so.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Well, learned the hard way that Tank Ekko makes Sion's life a miserable hellscape of missed Qs and sadness. :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

NTT posted:

e; i know it's a funny thread meme to associate 'things bond says' with 'things that are wrong' but lol guys come on janna bad really?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wodin posted:

Well, learned the hard way that Tank Ekko makes life a miserable hellscape

You had a little too much in there, I think.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody in this thread thinks the highest win rate support is bad. They might hate her, though.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've noticed that all of my freaking out about climbing is for nothing. Over enough games I've started to notice I'm a winning player. Those ~20 losses in a row get offset by 20 wins in a row. It's a pretty good feeling.

Now the question is can I stay a winning play if I pick not-Graves

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I could understand having a playstyle that you feel doesn't gel with Janna for whatever reason. Or maybe you have just an entirely understandable distrust of paper thin ranged supports like Janna, Sona, or Morgana. But it's pants on head retarded to dodge if you're paired with arguably the strongest support at the moment. With that being said, I haven't tried Braum and should probably give him a shot since I really don't like to play as Alistar or Blitz or any of the other melee supports I own. Taric is...I don't know. I feel like people expect a lot out of Taric because he has an on demand stun.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Taric is really strong right now because so many loving people are playing full AD comps. His strength is always entirely relative to the amount of %damage is physical on the enemy team. If you see a Jax/Yi/Zed/Draven enemy team locked in or something, he's pretty much always going to be the best pick from a support standpoint. Every time I've done that and locked him I felt like I was playing with cheatcodes by the end of the game when I had my Frozen Heart and just spreading an enormous armor aura to everyone on my team and automatically winning fights.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
The problem with taric is he can't really dictate fights in the same way as other supports. His stun is nice but it's so slow and short range that you telegraph any engage from a mile away, and his W and ult need you to stand on top of people to get the damage out. I see him as more of a niche support to pull out in situations that libertine described.

That said this post will make no sense in a week or two anyway

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah you don't ever blind pick Taric. You draft Taric in the late rotation if you see an entire 100% AD team on the enemy side. He's totally a niche but when you hit that niche he's the best support in the game. Outside of that niche he's really limited. I imagine his rework will address that one dimensional aspect of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He seems like hes okay as a general support too, though, just a bit boring. I guess it's because Soraka beats him at healing and Leona and Braum beat him at tanking so there's no real place where he'd be otherwise optimal.

• Locked thread