Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CancerStick posted:

Is it common/normal for the phone to shut off due to low battery at anything other than 0%.

Other day said I had 9% then shut off due to low battery. Then earlier today had 5 or so % then shut off.

Iphone 6.

The battery percentage reported is just an estimate, so it very well may have run out of juice despite the discrepancy. Probably nothing wrong with the battery/phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so let's say i get a text when i'm not using my phone. my screen lights up and shows me the text on the lock screen. is there any way to disable the screen from turning on but still keeping the notification on the lock screen?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
6S+ still suiting my needs.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

CancerStick posted:

Yeah. One more question. If this phone is an on contract phone through Verizon do I go to Verizon for help or Apple Store? Always see people talking about going to the Apple store on here but never sure if it's people that bought their phone outright. Used to Android where I always had to go to my carrier store by default.

Always go to the apple store.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

6S+ still suiting my needs.

If only they made other things to suit your needs.

It must be rough.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

so let's say i get a text when i'm not using my phone. my screen lights up and shows me the text on the lock screen. is there any way to disable the screen from turning on but still keeping the notification on the lock screen?

Place the phone screen-down.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Well I'm another 6s+ user jumping on the SE love bandwagon. Played with one in the Apple store, and I had far fewer typos on it than on the phablet :confused: but maybe it's because of my Donald Trump-sized hands. I have no issues with the smaller screen and it's so drat light and pocketable! Don't care about the slower touch ID, don't care about the lack of 3d-touch-whatever-it's-called.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You'll care when you go back to that low Res selfie camera :smug:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Not everyone uses the selfie camera.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

AstroZamboni posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AstroZamboni posted:

That's kinda sad.

I feel bad for those people.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You dudes who prefer the SE have small hands right? I have a 6 right now and am planning on ugprading to a 7+ next. I am tall and have long fingers (4" wide palm, 5" with thumb, 10" span from thumb to pinky). Any tall people with big hands prefer the SE?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

cowofwar posted:

You dudes who prefer the SE have small hands right? I have a 6 right now and am planning on ugprading to a 7+ next. I am tall and have long fingers (4" wide palm, 5" with thumb, 10" span from thumb to pinky). Any tall people with big hands prefer the SE?

I'm 6'2" with huge hands and I love the smaller form factor. I don't want to gently caress around with it bugging me in my (front) pocket when I sit down, I will never want to 2-hand a phone, and I play actual games on a PC so I don't really delve too far into the lovely IAP wastelands of iOS gaming. I also have an iPad for the few decent iOS games. The fact that the SE is cheaper just sweetens the pot for me.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm 6'6" with Kong hands and wish daily to own the SE

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

AstroZamboni posted:

If you use it once, you want the 6S one. It's the difference between a photo that's barely usable for anything and a nice shot.

We took some vacation photos on my 6 instead of my wife's 6S and its immediately obvious.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I forgot the iphone had a self facing camera, I think I've used DVDs more recently than that thing.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I never take pictures with the front camera, but it is handy to use as an ersatz mirror.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
My coworker was very proud of taking selfies with the back camera "out of principle". I'm not a vapid oval office so I'm not proud of the fact that I never take selfies but I'll tell you all here, now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I use it as a FaceTime/Skype camera a ton but the quality of that isn't super important as long as it's legible.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

cowofwar posted:

I have tiny bitch-rear end circus freak hands, but my dad has huge hands and he prefers small phones.

My mom, on the other hand (pun intended) has tiny hands and she's nuts about her 6s+.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
Had no issues using a 6S+ but I'm loving the SE, it is definitely a breath of fresh air after using large phones for the past couple of years. It's great to have options since everyone uses their phones in different ways, and it's just awesome to not have to sacrifice performance to get this form factor like every other smaller phone on the market nowadays.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

comper posted:

Had no issues using a 6S+ but I'm loving the SE, it is definitely a breath of fresh air after using large phones for the past couple of years. It's great to have options since everyone uses their phones in different ways, and it's just awesome to not have to sacrifice performance to get this form factor like every other smaller phone on the market nowadays.

Look how wrong you are. There is a true best phone!

It might just not exist yet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Apple replaced my broken screen for free because it had the off-centre Facetime Camera problem that I never got around to getting replaced (because who the gently caress uses the front facing camera for anything)

They also mentioned that the aluminium is very soft and gave me a free silicone case as the small dent was preventing the screen from sitting flush along the top edge.

I asked for a saddle brown leather one but they just laughed and said 'who the gently caress wants such a lovely looking case?'

Tried the SE while in the store while I waited. Its just too small after owning a 6, but fast as gently caress.

A++ would drop phone again.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Laserface posted:

Apple replaced my broken screen for free because it had the off-centre Facetime Camera problem that I never got around to getting replaced (because who the gently caress uses the front facing camera for anything)

They also mentioned that the aluminium is very soft and gave me a free silicone case as the small dent was preventing the screen from sitting flush along the top edge.

I asked for a saddle brown leather one but they just laughed and said 'who the gently caress wants such a lovely looking case?'

Tried the SE while in the store while I waited. Its just too small after owning a 6, but fast as gently caress.

A++ would drop phone again.

Your dumb and bad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
looking forward to the same posters gushing over the iPhone 7 when it comes out :allears:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

cowofwar posted:

People are jerking off over the SE because it's "the new one" :ssh:

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Or, it was predicted years ago that the 6(+) form factor was trash produced to sway Android idiots to team Apple, and now that all the idiots are here Apple can concentrate on making phones that are nice to use rather than nice to be seen with.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That doesn't make sense as the 6S is the best phone they've ever made.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The SE stands for SEx haver

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Can confirm, I switched to iphone a few months ago and have had way more sex since then.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Saddle brown leather case effect skewing that data upward.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

True story: I didn't lose my virginity until age 25, less than a month after getting my first iPhone.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TraderStav posted:

Saddle brown leather case effect skewing that data upward.

And the age of the partner downward.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

This is accurate.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

goku chewbacca posted:

This is accurate.
Android phone partners at age 30 should read as follows:
Male: 0
Female: N/A

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cowofwar posted:

old women buy $20 tablets from CVS which are always poo poo android ones

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

cowofwar posted:

Two of the most die-hard android users I know are women in their 20s

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

They're actually virgin men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have never in my life met a woman who is a die hard android fan. That's like a unicorn.