Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
#dictorlife in b-r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CommonShore posted:

He's a guy who has stolen large amounts of poo poo from several consecutive alliances on the promise of "well sure, I stole from those guys, but I'd never do it to you."

what a piece of poo poo

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

So basically a logistics/finance version of DBRB?

Scouting/Intel/Fleet support/Production etc. but pretty much.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

he didn't just bungle that, he ran it so poorly it couldn't have shoveled cash from TEST to GSF any better if it tried

we then used that cash to fund the invasion of fountain, which went swimmingly well thanks in part to the GSF altcorp in TEST that Test's altcorp guy, Baki Yuku, had failed to notice for over a year and kept failing to notice even as TEST sbus were vanishing left and right

evilweasel posted:

iirc baki yuku was also the person who told TEST members complaining they hadn't gotten reimbursements in ages (because TEST was broke in no small part thanks to baki yuku) to "stop being poor"

So why exactly did you guys want to publish a book about the Fountain War? I don't think beating up a handicapped person makes for a good story.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

Let's be real, TEST had it coming.

Coming from Garr Khan, this is gold.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GaussianCopula posted:

So why exactly did you guys want to publish a book about the Fountain War? I don't think beating up a handicapped person makes for a good story.

From a narrative perspective, the Fountain war was pretty interesting and there were some pretty amazing fights a couple of times. But yeah, the overwhelming majority of the time constituting any of the wars Goonswarm has prosecuted since I've been part of it have all sounded pretty goddamned boring to describe; in fact, Mittens refers to our war doctrine as Weaponized Boredom.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

I don't think anyone disagrees that Reddit is poo poo.

Except Endie who has found his new kingdom there. He was here earlier though trying to make it sounds like CO2 were the picture of long-suffering fortitude and not Serbian corruption.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nietzschean posted:

the real winners of b-r were the people whose eve clients crashed an hour into it and who then just wandered off to do literally anything else for the next 20 hours only had to read about it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alunan posted:

Except Endie who has found his new kingdom there. He was here earlier though trying to make it sounds like CO2 were the picture of long-suffering fortitude and not Serbian corruption.

Why can't they be both?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nietzschean posted:

Why can't they be both?

pretty sure that's culturally accurate.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Nietzschean posted:

Why can't they be both?

For the same reason people can't just shoot spacemans for fun without an ulterior motive.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonstalking posted:

I don't think anyone disagrees that Reddit is poo poo.

RedditSwarm Federation.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just lol if you didn't go to b-r in a smartbombing interceptor and rub against all of the titans blue or red like the world's friendliest cat. Just. Lol.

IIRC Colonel Rhombus (come back to us) did this and came out of it with Shrike's corpse

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

darth cookie posted:

that doesn't even include all the guys who are effectively hole violence but have characters in other corps.

those aren't real. Every holesquad alt is an IRL player pulled away from making any contribution to the empire.

feedmegin posted:

The GIA isn't like the literal CIA or the Stasi, you know. It's just some dudes sneaking alts into enemy alliances, and CO2 weren't even the enemy.

See in my mind there's still a lot of untapped sleepers and ruses upon ruses waiting to reveal themselves. Maybe I just bought in to the GIA ~narrative~ a little too hard. v:shobon:v

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 4, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

RedditSwarm Federation.

This picture makes me wonder why we give allies who have less membership than our biggest corp entire regions to do nothing in. It sure seems like a waste, and also has the benefit of being a big part of why the other side is seeing so many gains what with lovely adms et al.

It looks an awful lot like we could pack the entire coalition into two regions and just dominate the poo poo out of anyone who thought living near us was a good idea: See what happens to test whenever they think they should own R64's.

I mean even back in the heyday of the CFC when no one was even bothering I'd often run into more neuts ratting in SMA space than SMA dudes doing it.

EDIT: games instead of gains lol

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I try to sell Baki Yukis frozen corpse every time I see a group of people that might hate him but nobody will take it.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Nietzschean posted:

the real winners of b-r were the people whose eve clients crashed an hour into it and who then just wandered off to do literally anything else for the next 20 hours

We were up until what, 3, 4 in the morning? It did wonders for My Space Career at least.

I...I'd resub if I didn't have to wake up at 5 every morning for work, who am I kidding.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

This picture makes me wonder why we give allies who have less membership than our biggest corp entire regions to do nothing in. It sure seems like a waste, and also has the benefit of being a big part of why the other side is seeing so many gains what with lovely adms et al.

It looks an awful lot like we could pack the entire coalition into two regions and just dominate the poo poo out of anyone who thought living near us was a good idea: See what happens to test whenever they think they should own R64's.

I mean even back in the heyday of the CFC when no one was even bothering I'd often run into more neuts ratting in SMA space than SMA dudes doing it.

Just did some napkin math and if you put fcon, sma, and the bastion all into the same region they'd still have less nerds in that region than we do in dek. By a large margin.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Red Crown posted:

We were up until what, 3, 4 in the morning? It did wonders for My Space Career at least.

I...I'd resub if I didn't have to wake up at 5 every morning for work, who am I kidding.

quit work play eve

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

quit work play eve

"Oh guys I was totally going to undock today but something something vickie"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just did some napkin math and if you put fcon, sma, and the bastion all into the same region they'd still have less nerds in that region than we do in dek. By a large margin.

I would imagine it's a balancing act between "space activity" and "how many moons can we reliably cover with our flag"

Plus, last I checked most of our regions still have way higher activity than the average non-Imperium region.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

"Oh guys I was totally going to undock today but something something vickie"

What, we're not allowed to be hypocrites here?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Alunan posted:

The phrase is "never stop posting". Call me a faithless whore but I also post on all sorts of other internet messaging boards. I know: what a traitor, eh? I'm plucking up my courage to post on a really bittervet alt history forum right now where everyone just shits on everything new ever posted with basically no exceptions.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Only when we are, friend.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Altran posted:

You got experience with a good lvl 5 hub? That's a great idea btw, it's like a system with unlimited anoms, but sucks to be the new dude or the dude with lovely standing.

Edit: BTW we struggling getting more than 100 dudes in 1 inty fleet, what's your favourite ice cream flavour?

We're based in a level 5 hub now, and the capital changes to carriers are going to severely nerf the isk/hour you're going to net out of level 5s. You can downgrade from a carrier to a Vargur or something similar but it goes from 2-5 minutes per mission (I run 3 pullers to not tank my standings on declines on missions I can't get my carriers into) to half an hour or more in a subcap. I mean still decent isk that I think will be around 100m/hour or so but right now I'm cranking about a bil/hour.

People are going to have to figure out how to use faction pullers or grind their own up because declining certain missions that just aren't worth the time or effort, subs or caps, is a regular thing.

nessin posted:

I'm actually kind of curious how other Alliances (non-Imperium) work? My total experience with Eve revolves around years of skill queue online in high sec doing missions and mining before joining Goonswarm and I used an alt to have a brief stint with Brave when they were just getting big and tried out a FW corp. I know there are some things which are just universal, like Jump Freighter service of some sort. But how much of life in Deklien similar to life in other 0.0 areas? Are jump bridge networks common? Is it common to find high Industrial/Combat levels? Do other regions get hit with roamers or solo hunters on a multiple times a day basis? I have to imagine a third party VOIP option is common, but what about assembling fleets or announcements? Is an IM service common or is it more common to see things done in-game? Does anything like the FC system in the Imperium exist elsewhere?

Man I could go on and on. I should probably just find some completely neutral parties and try one out.

Edit:
Actually I think what I'm curious about most is how it affects the quality of the player. I'm pretty sure I'm a super poo poo Eve player and if I tried to fly in anything under a 50-man "gang" I'd be worse than useless, but then again I'm a perfectly happy cog in the machine type of person.

There are a lot of similarities between competent alliances, in nullsec and lowsec. Almost alliances have internal production, logistics, FC channels, SRP, jump bridges, towers to fuel, poo poo like that.

The defining factor of quality of life in any alliance of a reasonable size is proportional to the quality of leadership. The culture of an alliance really is set from the top down.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

The phrase is "never stop posting". Call me a faithless whore but I also post on all sorts of other internet messaging boards. I know: what a traitor, eh? I'm plucking up my courage to post on a really bittervet alt history forum right now where everyone just shits on everything new ever posted with basically no exceptions.

To be fair it's been that way for at least as long as I've played EVE and you have yourself been a party to it. You of all people should not be shocked when the ~narrative~ turns against the no-longer-us regardless of previous contribution.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

My primary money-making for a lot of years prior to the great war was ninja ratting out of anchored cans in Delve because BoB was never ever ever there. There were a lot more deadend systems back then before corps spammed stations in every system of 0.0, and it was a lot harder to live full time in deep 0.0 before jump bridges/jump freighters and stuff.

Null does seem busier these days, based on my limited re-exposure.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Nietzschean posted:

To be fair it's been that way for at least as long as I've played EVE and you have yourself been a party to it. You of all people should not be shocked when the ~narrative~ turns against the no-longer-us regardless of previous contribution.

I don't really know what you're talking about, unless you think that the alt-history forum was an allegory for here or something and that I was obliquely complaining that bad people are rude to me or something. It's not, it was this place: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

I don't really know what you're talking about, unless you think that the alt-history forum was an allegory for here or something and that I was obliquely complaining that bad people are rude to me or something. It's not, it was this place: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=16
That was exactly my assumption. I believe you if you say that's what you meant instead. Mea culpa.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

once this war is over thats the only place you and reddit will be able to discuss this war happily :sun:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are mommy and daddy fighting? :(

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so when does the horn og goondoor sound and win the war

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

ChickenWing posted:

I'm convinced rank hypocrisy is the foundation upon which all PvP MMOs are based, and I never want that to change

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Crown posted:

I'm convinced rank hypocrisy is the foundation upon which all PvP MMOs are based, and I never want that to change

Objective truth, if such a thing exists, would be detrimental to all involved. Shoot mans, have fun, be a sociopathic autocrat. :shrug:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Rhymenoserous posted:

A flag on a map is important. A visible home. Alliance identity is an important factor to many groups and it helps them stick together and fight. You can't just Merge groups into one another without risk of damaging their internal identity

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

The entire point of Fozzie sov is that owning large empires is basically impossible so yeah this war is the logical conclusion of that system. Only issue is that moons still are what bring in the fat stacks so until CCP gets rid of that we can't just build 1000 citadels in Fade and Dek and tell the rest of the world to eat poo poo.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

. Only issue is that moons still are what bring in the fat stacks so until CCP gets rid of that we can't just build 1000 citadels in Fade and Dek and tell the rest of the world to eat poo poo.

I don't see an issue there

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

I think all sides should agree to settle this by engaging in a character trial like the last episode of Seinfeld. Goons sit before The Man as every indiscretion is played back and everybody laughs and gently caress everyone who doesn't.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'd often run into more neuts ratting in SMA space than SMA dudes doing it.

That is fine. They are helping with ADM. :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Nietzschean posted:

So what is the alternative in your mind?

Oh geeze guys I really need to go right now because my dog is pissing directly on the child I've been neglecting all day to play this spaceship game but I dare not just walk away from the computer and let this spaceship die because REIMBURSEMENT IS NOT A THING and the knowledge of that keeps me shackled to this desk and pissing into an overflowing cheetos bag.
:goonsay:

MiniLuv bumpers get SRP and wear diapers so they don't have to worry about this :eng101:

• Locked thread