Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I will never trust anything Goku says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Of coure Lani goes to wrestlemania the year three dudes dressed up as Sayian unicorns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol putting that patreon money to great use I see...

I'm not serious and don't give a gently caress what they do with their money.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku flat out says he could have killed fat buu then and there if he'd wanted to, but he didn't because he was dead and having some dead dude come back to fix everyone's problems all the time was lame

Goku is full of poo poo, he was boasting. He came back to the watchtower panting for breath, and Buu didn't even break a sweat.

Goku ended up being the one who finally beat Buu anyway, so he didn't even believe that himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dexo posted:

Lol putting that patreon money to great use I see...

I'm not serious and don't give a gently caress what they do with their money.

it's literally marketing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rutibex posted:

Goku is full of poo poo, he was boasting. He came back to the watchtower panting for breath, and Buu didn't even break a sweat.

Goku ended up being the one who finally beat Buu anyway, so he didn't even believe that himself.

We'll he gave them like three separate shots, it was getting unseemly.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Rirse posted:

You know, if it's Future Trucks as a Time Patroller, then I wouldn't really mind if Xenoverse is the next arc.

Probably this ^ Mira is going to be the white haired bad guy? He has a "Super Mira" form in which his white hair goes spiky, because his has Saiyan DNA so...

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Spidder posted:

Probably this ^ Mira is going to be the white haired bad guy? He has a "Super Mira" form in which his white hair goes spiky, because his has Saiyan DNA so...

So, we have the "two dudes so far beyond everyone else in power levels that it's hilarious arrive and body everyone and Goku has to come back from King Kai's planet to fight them by using a red-hued power-up" arc...

We have "let's fight the Emperor of the Universe and his terrifyingly powerful final form and use a newly discovered Saiyan power-up to utterly, embarassingly destroy him, and also one of the Saiyans gets shot through the chest and a planet explodes" arc...

We have "new, oddly designed opponents with odd powers and one's a fat dude who can't be beaten with ki blasts alone and also Frieza is back for a minute and he's a douchebag and Goku gets knocked out early and Vegeta gets to be badass" arc...

Now we're moving on to "dangerous male-female duo with their dark horse ally who happens to be a pretty ok dude in the end appear and fight everyone and also there's a dude with all the DNA in one and gets an odd, non-traditional Super Saiyan form and also time travel from the future is involved" arc!

(Dark horse ally is Android 16/Dabura)

Honestly, I really hope that's true. I loved Xenoverse's stupid bullshit, and having it be in the series itself would be great.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kurui Reiten posted:

(Dark horse ally is Android 16/Dabura)

If that's true, Heroes wasn't just doing its usual what-if nonsense with Xeno Dabura, it was actually spoilers the whole time!

I hope that if it is Future Trunks that shows up, he arrives just in time for Bra to have been recently born. Get to see the baby sister that'll never exist in his timeline. They can even reenact some scenes of him meeting baby Trunks from the Cell arc. :3:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Bra should be a tremendous rear end in a top hat. Trunks's parents are the most self-satisfied characters in all of DB and somehow he's kind of an okay big brother to Goten

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bra should be a smarmy douchebag so that she gets mentored by Cell when he comes back and gets SSG form his saiyan cells and becomes a good guy and becomes my friend

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would also like to be friends with Cell, but I'm far from perfect and don't want to bring him down by association.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Babe Magnet posted:

Bra should be a smarmy douchebag so that she gets mentored by Cell when he comes back and gets SSG form his saiyan cells and becomes a good guy and becomes my friend

I always thought one of the cell jr. should have survived and become a member of the gang. A real missed oppratunity.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
They do the reaction pan and the gang is all "ugh....agh..."

And then SKREEEEEEREEE

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That Saibaman should've taken Yamcha's place tbqh

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku flat out says he could have killed fat buu then and there if he'd wanted to, but he didn't because he was dead and having some dead dude come back to fix everyone's problems all the time was lame

That was back when he didn't know SS3 would make him poof back to the afterlife faster.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So, was the solution to vaporize him completely like cell, or could only the spirit bomb have done it because magic has to beat magic and spiritual energy is closer to magic than ki or some poo poo?

Cuz if it's the latter it seems like a better-aimed warp Kamehameha would've done the trick. Vegeta's suicide bomb made him splatter all around whereas the beam would keep his bits trapped in the cone until they're all gone

visceril fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 6, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

visceril posted:

So, was the solution to vaporize him completely like cell, or could only the spirit bomb have done it because magic has to beat magic and spiritual energy is closer to magic than ki or some poo poo?

Cuz if it's the latter it seems like a better-aimed warp Kamehameha would've done the trick. Vegeta's suicide bomb made him splatter all around whereas the beam would keep his bits trapped in the cone until they're all gone

No even vaporizing Buu doesn't work. They tried that in the time chamber and the gas just reformed into Buu again.

The only way to defeat Buu is to attack his single weakness: Toriyama. It is only by weakening Toriyama's resolve to write more chapters of DBZ can Buu be truly defeated.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

visceril posted:

Cell can survive with a single cell, Buu needed atoms (vaporizing him did not work). The solution is "more ki to erase all the atoms" which the genki dama did.

Given what we saw of Buu later on as compared to what we saw of SSJ3, there's no way Goku could have beaten Majin Buu, and he had no idea what he was talking about. "Sure I could have beaten this guy I never saw power up that didn't even bother attack me and who I didn't test the limits of his regeneration." Okay, Goku, sure.

Ki is spiritual energy, by the way. The only distinctions in attacks is magic or that Tenshinhan's kikohou is actually life energy, which makes it work differently than other stuff.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Must...not...discuss physics...in anime.....

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

visceril posted:

Wanna discuss psychics, then?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

visceril posted:

Physics in our world =/= Physics in Anime. Not sure what the problem is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darko posted:

Ki is spiritual energy, by the way. The only distinctions in attacks is magic or that Tenshinhan's kikohou is actually life energy, which makes it work differently than other stuff.

The Kikoho is still very much Ki (its name literally translates to Ki Control Cannon). It just generates Ki by burning the user's life energy, the shots are still 100% Ki. Like a less extreme version of the self-destruct moves.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Darko posted:

Cell can survive with a single cell, Buu needed atoms (vaporizing him did not work). The solution is "more ki to erase all the atoms" which the genki dama did.

Given what we saw of Buu later on as compared to what we saw of SSJ3, there's no way Goku could have beaten Majin Buu, and he had no idea what he was talking about. "Sure I could have beaten this guy I never saw power up that didn't even bother attack me and who I didn't test the limits of his regeneration." Okay, Goku, sure.

he even said he could beat kid buu and vegeta thought so too??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People have a weird thing were they will ignore poo poo if they disagree personally. Best let it go.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo butt poo pee punch kick fight argh fight argh butt fight pooop aaaaaaargh butt fight punch kick kick kick punch kick butt kick

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

he even said he could beat kid buu and vegeta thought so too??

Yeah because Vegita is such a great judge of power :rolleyes:

*comes to earth and fights Goku* *gets beaten to a bloody pulp*
*gets the poo poo pounded out of him three separate times on namick after bragging about how powerful he is*
*lets cell transform and still thinks he can beat him* *beaten to bloody pulp again*
*estimates an all-out suicide attack will finish Majin Buu* *dies for nothing*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

1. He was stronger than Goku
2. All those involved transformations he didn't account for.
3. Can't know how strong he will be till he does it.
4.Buu was bullshit. Though that had nothing to do with power

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Yeah because Vegita is such a great judge of power :rolleyes:

*comes to earth and fights Goku* *gets beaten to a bloody pulp*
*gets the poo poo pounded out of him three separate times on namick after bragging about how powerful he is*
*lets cell transform and still thinks he can beat him* *beaten to bloody pulp again*
*estimates an all-out suicide attack will finish Majin Buu* *dies for nothing*

Vegeta kicked the everliving poo poo out of Goku on Earth. He had to use his transformation but going "that doesn't count, Vegeta had to transform" seems so weird when when Goku is using Kaioken

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He probably would have won without the transformation. Goku was loving done at that point.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, the only one of those he can really be blamed for is Cell. With Goku, he had no way to predict that he'd come back to life with one hell of a powerup since the fight against Raditz, and even with that Vegeta was still much stronger, he just didn't account for the power of teamwork and he had no idea that Piccolo had destroyed the Moon, forcing him to use the Power Ball for a weaker Great Ape form. With Freeza, he knew Freeza could transform, but he didn't know that he could transform three times.

And Buu's just kind of mostly invincible and Vegeta underestimated just how hard he could regen, because Buu's regen is insane.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like seriously Goku had to go Kaioken x4 to overcome the Galic Gun. And Vegeta ate that frigging drat beam and still came back.

I mean DUDE loving got out of a Spirit Bomb. Granted that moved never worked (till Buu). Goku had to pull all the stops in order to even beat Vegeta.

Buu was just drat bullshit. Dude got turned into goddamn dust and still came back.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The point of the goku vs vegeta fight is that vegeta was just like a mass of raw strength that goku was able to equal and temporarily overcome through use of technique.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But then lost. So the point was technique ain't worth poo poo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Vegetas grudge was about the fact that go's fought him to a standstill and forced him to transform, and then when they met on namek goku was just straight up stronger without using techniques

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah the funny part is it isn't true but no one bothered to tell Vegeta.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

technique is for losers

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

No even vaporizing Buu doesn't work. They tried that in the time chamber and the gas just reformed into Buu again.

The only way to defeat Buu is to attack his single weakness: Toriyama. It is only by weakening Toriyama's resolve to write more chapters of DBZ can Buu be truly defeated.

I don't think it's that hard to get, Cell could come back as long as his regenerative organ was still intact, Buu is the same only every particle of his body is like that. During Gotenks' fight they realized the more tired he got, the slower he recovered so an alternative way to defeat him could have been punching him until he can't move (like Kid Buu did with Good Buu) then take all the time you want to prepare and fire a ki blast concentrated enough to not leave a trace of him afterwards like the Spirit Bomb did.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Spoiler train!

Episode 38:
Title: Universe 6's Strongest Warrior! Meet the Assassin, Hit!
Description: The martial arts tournament between Universe 6 and Universe 7 with Earth on the line. Vegeta's last opponent is Hit, the strongest man of Universe 6. Vegeta, watching Hit's eerily calm demeanor, is quite sure he's strong. Hit is an assassin proud to have the greatest skill of Universe 6.
Episode 39:
Title: "The counterattack of the developed "Tokitobashi (Time Skipping?)"!? Will it appear!? Goku's new technique!"
Description: Vegeta challenges Hit using Super Saiyan Blue but Hit's technique, "Tokitobashi", deals a barrage of hits in his vital points and makes him faint. Son Goku is able to guess how Hit's "Tokitobashi" works and thus, while in Super Saiyan Blue state, he also challenges Hit.
Hit can only skip time for 0.1 seconds. Estimating past those 0.1 seconds, Goku defeated the "Tokitobashi". But, Hit continues to grow (stronger?) while in battle. So, Goku breaks the seal of the Kaiōken and shoots a Kamehame-Ha!
Episode 40:
Title: "Conclusion" (Provisional)
Description: The martial arts tournament againts Universe 6 that wages on Earth has finally come to a stop. In an outburst of anger, Champa wants to destroy his defeated contestants. Cabba and the others are frozen in fear. At that time, the one who appeared on the ring is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Holy poo poo, the return of Super Saiyan Kaioken?

• Locked thread