Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Toxxupation posted:

I really wanna play that harvest moon game with procedurally generated dungeons you grow that griffin mentioned

That's like seriously the best idea ever holy loving poo poo

That's kind of already in Rune Factory 4. They're not great dungeons though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Roach Warehouse posted:

I enjoyed all the banter, but honestly, Basketball of the Collosus sounded so dope I was pretty disappointed when the idea strayed away from it.

It did sound dope, which made it even funnier when the guest dunked it in the garbage sat there holding it while the garbage loomed in the background.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
SMDH that they didn't immediately recognize Judge Judy and Executioner as being lifted from Hot Fuzz.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Following Griffins Twitter suggests that wrestle mania is kind of an unfun shitshow. :(

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Meowjesty posted:

Following Griffins Twitter suggests that wrestle mania is kind of an unfun shitshow. :(

Basically everyone interesting is injured if I understand right.

E: this was before I checked his twitter, looks like a logistical nightmare too

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Let's just get all the prowrestlemans to stop concussing themselves and give them cushy VO jobs in Griffin's virtual wrestleboys league

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One good thing happened.

https://twitter.com/taylordson/status/716793629231034368

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm enjoying the revelation that tara long is basically an anxious deer

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Meowjesty posted:

it's been really fun with some very weird match endings

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Can anyone confirm or deny that the Oculus Rift headset is so small as stated in CoolGames Inc? Even 8+ hats are too small for my stupid head, so I guess I'm completely out?

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Griffin thought that Undertaker/Shane match was "loving amazing" and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what the hell he's talking about because a 40-year old dad vs a 50-year old wrestler resulted in the slowest match in history

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/716814985939197953

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm so happy wrestlemania got better after the never ending lines. :')

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

User-Friendly posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny that the Oculus Rift headset is so small as stated in CoolGames Inc? Even 8+ hats are too small for my stupid head, so I guess I'm completely out?

You can adjust the straps

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Genuinely surprised that in the year 2016 anyone cares about wrestling unironically

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Genuinely surprised that in the year 2016 anyone cares about wrestling unironically

A million times this. Not to be on a high horse about sports or anything, but I intended to go to a bar to watch the Timbers game yesterday and when we got there the place was PACKED and someone approached us to say "We're not showing your game today. Wrestlemania." My buddy was waiting for the belated April Fool's gag but the guy was dead serious.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Luneshot posted:

Griffin thought that Undertaker/Shane match was "loving amazing" and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what the hell he's talking about because a 40-year old dad vs a 50-year old wrestler resulted in the slowest match in history

Yeah that's a bunch of bullshit. I love Shane and his crazy rear end bumps, but that match lasted a loving eon for nothing but the status quo being preserved.

But then, Griffin admits he's pretty new to wrestling so I'd believe he's never seen Shane go off the Titantron or get shitcanned through a real glass wall, let alone the Foley/Undertaker Hell in a Cell, so I can see really being into the spectacle of that dive.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 4, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Wasn't it his first time going to a live match, though? Like, can you blame the guy for being pretty excited?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Speaking of excited, :bubblewoop: it's a new MBMBaM :bubblewoop:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Visual Sneeze posted:

A million times this. Not to be on a high horse about sports or anything, but I intended to go to a bar to watch the Timbers game yesterday and when we got there the place was PACKED and someone approached us to say "We're not showing your game today. Wrestlemania." My buddy was waiting for the belated April Fool's gag but the guy was dead serious.

My dude you are definitely up on that high high horse, sorry to say

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

You can watch real sports or fake sports, either way that dude you're watching is going to have severe arthritis and back problems in a few years.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Any fake sports is no different than any real sports in that if you take it overly seriously you're an rear end in a top hat. That's all that needs to be said.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

kidcoelacanth posted:

My dude you are definitely up on that high high horse, sorry to say
Yeah you're right, I was being a bit of a dick with that post. To be fair I wasn't really upset or anything, mostly just surprised. I haven't heard anyone really talk about wrestling since I was in high school.

To try to get back on topic, is there a Polygon overview video playlist of just Griffin and Justin's stuff together? I've been enjoying the hell out of those but I'm just not so into the ones with other people in them

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Visual Sneeze posted:

Yeah you're right, I was being a bit of a dick with that post. To be fair I wasn't really upset or anything, mostly just surprised. I haven't heard anyone really talk about wrestling since I was in high school.

To try to get back on topic, is there a Polygon overview video playlist of just Griffin and Justin's stuff together? I've been enjoying the hell out of those but I'm just not so into the ones with other people in them

It's actually the second result when you search "Polygon" on YouTube.

Polygon - McElroys

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

A bunch of Video Games Journalists (e.g.: GiantBomb crew) never stopped being into wrestling, and they've been slowly spreading unironic wrestlewatching to all of their peers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

A bunch of Video Games Journalists (e.g.: GiantBomb crew) never stopped being into wrestling, and they've been slowly spreading unironic wrestlewatching to all of their peers.

they need to start listening to Jeff then.

it's all bad

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
You just know there was lots about julius caesar's diarrhea that got edited out.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 5, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I came, I saw, I sharted

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I am pretty disappointed in Griffin for not immediately spotting the potential for wintrading in that social media snitch situation.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Well now that it's confirmed that Griffin's a doobie user, disappointment is really all I can expect.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FutonForensic posted:

Well now that it's confirmed that Griffin's a doobie user, disappointment is really all I can expect.
In fairness, it was just for a standard doobie year.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Kenny Logins posted:

In fairness, it was just for a standard doobie year.
Yeah but that's 55 days longer than a calendar year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Still Buffering, there's something really sweet about it. Like in a way it's super foreign for me since my youth life was so different but I like it. The how to party episode from like last week sounded like a Disney sitcom episode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yho4n643iO0

I wonder if Travis frequently paints his nails black or if he was just getting in the spirit of getting his tattoo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yho4n643iO0

I wonder if Travis frequently paints his nails black or if he was just getting in the spirit of getting his tattoo.

I went back to last year's tattoo video to see how drastically Travis has changed since moving to LA, and he's wearing black nail polish in that as well. Weird.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He was wearing it at the live show I went to last year too.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Travis has talked about how he enjoys painting his nails. Though I think he usually branches out to not just black nail polish.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

FutonForensic posted:

Why are you disappointed at him for eating GBS hot dogs?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Whizbang posted:

Why are you disappointed at him for eating GBS hot dogs?

That kind of doobie doesn't elicit disappointment, it elicits disgust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

kmzh posted:

Travis has talked about how he enjoys painting his nails. Though I think he usually branches out to not just black nail polish.

That's adorable :3: i can't wait until he gets into the shitshow that is the indie nail polish scene