Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

There isn't a way to TIMG posts, is there?

precisely that.

[timg] tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rhopunzel posted:

Here's the really funny thing: according to every coder who's looked at the codebase, Starbound is a beautifully coded game. As far as code goes it's like a work of art. It just isn't a good game. Kyren's an amazingly talented coder, she used to code for the DoD and all kinds of crazy poo poo. The only downside to that is from what I've been told, she cares more about making pretty code than making deadlines/a good game.

Reminder: Kyren was the coder who wanted to make the announced pirate game (which nobody is working on at this point) in Haskell.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

precisely that.

[timg] tags

I tried that but it only seems to work on images :(

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Blackheart posted:

I hope making millions taught that fool a lesson.

are you talking about tiy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cicadas! posted:

I tried that but it only seems to work on images :(

you could [sub][sub][sub][sub] i guess

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cicadas! posted:

Welp, here goes.

These are Geodes.

These are absolutely gorgeous. Good for you.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Also Tiy is a loving loser, hahaha I just read that chat log. How does this guy not get punched in the face every time he opens his mouth?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I played a few years ago, when it had the first official release, and the game was meh. Is it worth a reinstall and look around at this point?

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I played a few years ago, when it had the first official release, and the game was meh. Is it worth a reinstall and look around at this point?

No.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

Because I love a good opportunity to bring this up: Terraria stores (stored? not sure if it's still true currently) every single item in the game in a single monstrous if/else statement.

I'm sure it made sense when there were, like, 3 items

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm going to turn the second post in the thread into a gigantic collection of every time someone asks if the game is good

just dozens and dozens of quotes, and just a "no" at the bottom of the post

e: and every time someone asks, they clearly didn't read the op, so I want everyone to just quote the entire post at them

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm going to turn the second post in the thread into a gigantic collection of every time someone asks if the game is good

yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

e: and every time someone asks, they clearly didn't read the op, so I want everyone to just quote the entire post at them

Is the game Good(TM, Do not use without Permission) yet?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hi res pictures of Geodes please

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Has the game, within a recent age, become unbad?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Rrussom posted:

Has the game, within a recent age, become unbad?

Diablo III is the best example I can think of. It was pretty bad at release, and Blizzard took drastic action to at least make it good.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

victrix posted:

Turns out Aseprite automatically upscales to 2x in the preview, but this is not reflected in the actual file. Whoops!

Here are some actual size pictures, my bad.

Plus this thing, which was originally going to be the AI station before I realized it was a bit too organic-looking, and also huge

Unless you were asking for the actual rock in which case

HopperUK posted:

These are absolutely gorgeous. Good for you.

Thanks, though I'm amazed you were able to see them at all at 1x. Unless that was the joke.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

victrix posted:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Vageode.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo those Geode guys own

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cicadas! posted:

Turns out Aseprite automatically upscales to 2x in the preview, but this is not reflected in the actual file. Whoops!

Plus this thing, which was originally going to be the AI station before I realized it was a bit too organic-looking, and also huge

Thanks, though I'm amazed you were able to see them at all at 1x. Unless that was the joke.

i will allow you to make a power rangers style video game, but with Geodes as the main characters

tia

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Cicadas! posted:

This art is really really good and is pretty much game quality. You're really talented.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I like the one with a pink butt head :3:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Cicadas! posted:

These are really well-done.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Good Dumplings posted:

In a weird way I've grown to love it every time someone says "it's an investment". You're putting money in and not getting money out, why do people keep telling themselves otherwise?
Why do you think investments are limited to currency?

It's perfectly valid to invest money to receive experiences.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Cicadas! posted:

these are good, thank you

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

These do look really nice, actually.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

they're p cool, glad you posted them!

also

victrix posted:

I like the one with a pink butt head :3:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

nerdz posted:

are you talking about tiy

Nope, terraria man. I'm glad hes rich now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Goddamn nerd

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

Thirding or fourthing the sentiments. Those are some pretty awesome geodes, dude.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cicadas! posted:

Geodse.cx

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Cicadas! posted:

Yeah, these are amazing. I feel like I saw a very early version of these before I started work on the Peglaci - I was jealous then and I'm jealous now of your skill!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

there's no gold

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Love the Geodudes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Magmarashi posted:

Goddamn nerd

please don't be mean to my friend magmar- w-wait ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

:eyepop:

• Locked thread