Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Carteret posted:

lol. I remember the big signal to show at a glance you were in AIT and not BCT was the pistol belt, poncho and canteen. That was back in '03, so I bet that got scrapped along with BDUs.

I did OSUT in 2002 and the only cool guy addition we got was putting camo covers on our helmets after rifle qual. There were hardcore rumors that once we hit the AIT phase we'd be allowed to get cake and soda from the DFAC, but all that happened was our DS put us in formation and had us close our eyes and jump up and down. He then had us open our eyes and said "Congrats, you're in AIT now. Nothing changes you stupid motherfuckers!"

I do remember that once we finished our final training exercise they let us put on the new "high speed" gray PTs that we were issued from the start, but weren't allowed to wear for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Carteret posted:

...possibly? Are you a dirty POG who went to Jackson in '11?

Army never changes.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If you have xx.5 days of terminal leave, how does that work, does it just automatically sell that half a day or what?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You only get dinged for 1 muta instead of 2 for your outgoing article 15

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

Anyone know anything about how 2-2 SBCT on Lewis is? I've heard tons of bad poo poo about 3-2/1-2 from career course CPTs but haven't met any that have come from 2-2 yet. A LT in my ARC class was from 1-2 and all he had to say was that 2-2 was "better" which doesn't really mean much. 1-2 apparently keeps doing horrible at NTC and consequently has to go back all the time.

I know that 2-2 after getting back from NTC earlier this year isn't scheduled to go again until the end of 2017 but I'm sure that can change.

I'm on assignment to Lewis, too. Not Cav though.

Also, I never followed up on that negligent discharge on the Delta flight back from JRTC. I never heard anything else after doing the sworn statement, but I haven't seen the guy in about three weeks so he probably got sent to some hole somewhere to spend the next two years until he retires. I know that the FAA is doing their own investigation, though. Dumb, but not retarded like the E-8 promotable I knew who got busted down to E-7 for beating his kids, but they're still letting him finish his 20th year to hit retirement.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Got a certified letter from the Army today that referred to my wife as my daughter.

Keep on armying, army.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

McNally posted:

Got a certified letter from the Army today that referred to my wife as my daughter.

Keep on armying, army.

Fffffffuuuuuuuuccccckkk. lmbo Can these mother fuckers not get anything right?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Wasabi the J posted:

Fffffffuuuuuuuuccccckkk. lmbo Can these mother fuckers not get anything right?

It's the army. Of course not.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Looks like I've had a bulged disk in my lower back for almost 2 years now. Orthopedist said absolutely no Army situps and put me on a no-situp profile. Unit's gonna be so pissed that I can't take a PT test this month, but lol if I'm letting the Army gently caress up my back even more.

I really hope this doesn't result in some sort of med board, because I'm trying to transfer to the IRR.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I found that when you get to that stage, army docs are actually pretty willing to work with you.

Tell them straight up, hey doc, no med board for me I'm getting the gently caress out pronto, and more often than not they are cool with that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's not Army-ing until someone tries to gently caress up your day because now you're a poo poo bag malingerer who just doesn't have enough heart to Hooah through it and finish the mission. I mean just look at you, trying to skip out on PT you loving disgrace.

Hooah?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
monthly reminder that you get everything you deserve for deciding that the us military was anything resembling a life decision

you deserved every ounce of it. gfy

:)

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

psydude posted:

Looks like I've had a bulged disk in my lower back for almost 2 years now. Orthopedist said absolutely no Army situps and put me on a no-situp profile. Unit's gonna be so pissed that I can't take a PT test this month, but lol if I'm letting the Army gently caress up my back even more.

I really hope this doesn't result in some sort of med board, because I'm trying to transfer to the IRR.

If you really want to stay in the doc will work with you, just hope they don't throw you into a transition battalion if that's even an option for you

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Triggs posted:

If you really want to stay in the doc will work with you, just hope they don't throw you into a transition battalion if that's even an option for you
Pretty sure dude doesnt want to stay in but as of at least a couple years ago inability to complete a PT test (no alternate event for pu or su) is grounds for starting a med board, thankfully you need to be on a profile for a consecutive year w/o interruption to have it automatically reassinged to permanent profile status, which means you should be goof as long as your docs work with you and you have less than a year time in service.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

psydude posted:

Uhhhh why don't you want a med board? Medical retirement is like winning the lottery.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It happened when I was on active duty two years ago, so I doubt they would give me any retirement since I didn't bring it up at DEMOB.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

It happened when I was on active duty two years ago, so I doubt they would give me any retirement since I didn't bring it up at DEMOB.

Actually, the docs are really understanding about that sort of thing. Just tell them you wanted to keep armying at the time and they'll just roll their eyes a little before helping you get poo poo taken care of

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

psydude posted:

Benefits wise it is honestly the smartest move to get them to start a medboard. Sanity and time wise you'd be better off just getting out.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So today I was a PL for a VBS3 stryker mission, basically a lovely simulator/video game. I got my platoon in formation and suddenly my stryker stops working for some random reason. It then magically teleports 2km away and somehow starts working again. I drive back to my platoon and seconds after telling the CO we're good to go two of my strykers, 100m apart, levitate 15 feet in the air and then collide at like mach 2 and of course both of them explode killing all occupants. The MGS attached to my platoon then starts sinking into the ground until only the turret is above ground. I'm assuming the Army spent a shitton of money developing this steaming turd of a simulator.

Also noticed today on facebook that a guy I went to basic with is now an E2, he was a SPC while we were in basic. He's some medical MOS, wonder what the gently caress he did.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mustang posted:

So today I was a PL for a VBS3 stryker mission, basically a lovely simulator/video game. I got my platoon in formation and suddenly my stryker stops working for some random reason. It then magically teleports 2km away and somehow starts working again. I drive back to my platoon and seconds after telling the CO we're good to go two of my strykers, 100m apart, levitate 15 feet in the air and then collide at like mach 2 and of course both of them explode killing all occupants. The MGS attached to my platoon then starts sinking into the ground until only the turret is above ground. I'm assuming the Army spent a shitton of money developing this steaming turd of a simulator.

Also noticed today on facebook that a guy I went to basic with is now an E2, he was a SPC while we were in basic. He's some medical MOS, wonder what the gently caress he did.

Someone must have used the Game Genie on the OpFor and cheated.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ahahahaha I remember VBS2 back in AK. It was experimental then, we didn't do a whole lot with it other than tell our commanders how bad it was. Glad to see they charged on with it anyways :911:

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I think you could teamkill in VBS2. I'm sure the army is stupid enough that someone got an article 15 for doing something in that shitheap of a program.

The best were the fat loving civilians that worked the program but didn't really know how to do things.

I wonder if they are hiring.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You could. My joes found that out within seconds, and thought about killing each other to end the exercise and bail out early. I was past the point of caring, but the civilians running the thing tried to run a few missions anyways. I don't think we ever actually found the opfor, pretty sure it just kept glitching out.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
All we did was team kill when we played it. Also VBS2/3 whatever is the military contract version of the ArmA series of games.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The VBS2/simulator for the Bradley is exactly the same. You can steamroll an entire building no problem, but if your treads as much even touch a rock or fencepost, they fall off. Also you randomly explode or catch fire, so they must be stimulating the A2 variant.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It's funny that ARC gets strykers for their mounted FTXs but the Stryker Leaders course doesn't, just VBS3. I'm guessing the 2 days of VBS3 missions is mandated from higher because there's no way VBS3 isn't bitched about in the end of course critiques. The course itself has strykers but as far as I know they only sit in the bay for the hands on familiarity.

Was able to talk to an NCO from 8-1 CAV and apparently it's a pretty good unit, wonder how well their strykers hold up.

Today was my last day of training on Benning, just have to clear before I can get the gently caress out of here.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Enjoy their dfac breakfast at least once, sir

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Find a nice place to live far away from JBLM because you'll want some place nice to come home to and relax after dealing with day after day of loving retarded poo poo and dumbfuck enlisted.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

America's Army video game released in 2002 was the pinnacle of realistic combat experience that allowed me to prove myself through basic training, advanced training and become a sniper.

I didn't even have to go through all of basic because my KDR was so high and I was a deadeye with the 249.

Huuuah

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

I did the one where you put this VR gear on and stand around in these circles but move via this thumbstick on the weapon and looking around with your head.

I got in trouble by corpse humping one of the soldiers who got shot and was down.

Mike-o posted:

Find a nice place to live far away from JBLM because you'll want some place nice to come home to and relax after dealing with day after day of loving retarded poo poo and dumbfuck enlisted.

Also this. I'm gonna have to sell my house soon, and while it no doubt will sell (don't know how long though) I'm glad I'll ultimately not be staying here.

gently caress I-5, gently caress this whole area. Rains too much for me to even focus my dislike and hatred of other stuff.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 5, 2016

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I looked at Tacoma on google street view and immediately thought "gently caress that place". As much as I'd like to live closer to Seattle Tacoma is too lovely.

Narrowed it down to some apartments and townhomes I want to check out once I get in the area, all located in either Lacey or eastern Olympia.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

I looked at Tacoma on google street view and immediately thought "gently caress that place". As much as I'd like to live closer to Seattle Tacoma is too lovely.

Narrowed it down to some apartments and townhomes I want to check out once I get in the area, all located in either Lacey or eastern Olympia.

I live in Lacey. It's the better option of the two imo. A lot of the areas look shady and you'll always smell poo poo in the morning on I-5 going to work passing the Marvin St. exit. And yeah, anything going North on I-5 at around 4-5pm is just a big parking lot.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Ahhhhh the smell of decaying farts from the mushroom farm.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mike-o posted:

Ahhhhh the smell of decaying farts from the mushroom farm.

gently caress that goddamn place. Every single loving morning it smells like my dog snuck into the car and gave himself away by rear end blasting in the backseat.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
After 2 months of being told to come to PT in ACUs because my phase 2 ets physical was done I got told I may have a PT test next week, 2 weeks before I start clearing the army. Im fairly sure I could pass it, but if theyre trying to gently caress me by making sure I dont "pass" the pu or su events could they use it as a reason to deny my terminal leave?

Right now my options are:

1. Take the pt test and see what happens.

2. Forge a PT card which my psg strongly hinted at, but seems like it could get me supremely hosed if it goes south.

3. Go to the tmc for my back issues and ride profile/profile recovery until my unit leaves for the field (without me).

4. Ignore it and hope they realize how dumb theyre being.

Im leaning strongly towards 2, but Im not sure if they can deny my terminal due to lack of current pt card.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress that, just get a profile, tell the doc your unit is being dumb and he will take care of you.

Or just tell them SMDFTB

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yea, talk to the doc and ride a profile. A forged PT test will become evidence against you somehow, either because a) you forged it or b) its 'evidence' that you weren't really hurt anyways and were just shamming, either of which could backfire on you and delay your journey to becoming a bearded/stoned civilian.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Don't loving forge anything. Get a profile and laugh at the unit.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Icon Of Sin posted:

Yea, talk to the doc and ride a profile. A forged PT test will become evidence against you somehow, either because a) you forged it or b) its 'evidence' that you weren't really hurt anyways and were just shamming, either of which could backfire on you and delay your journey to becoming a bearded/stoned civilian.

Yeah i wasnt planning on it, despite my psg wink wink nudge nudging about "producing one" right after I told him I didnt have a current one. Im wondering if they can use lack of a current pt card as a reason to deny my terminal leave, because it would gently caress me over as my terminal ends a week before my first semester at the uni i got accepted into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Ace of Baes posted:

3. Go to the tmc for my back issues and ride profile/profile recovery until my unit leaves for the field (without me).

Ding ding ding. You're so far checked out that you don't have to give a poo poo about playing nice or any unit politics, if they want to try and gently caress you then just steer into the spin and lay on the loving gas.

My old NCOIC and his brown nosing just-got-his-rocker Napoleon syndrome sidekick tried to gently caress me two separate times within a week of my final out, once by trying to pull that PT test poo poo and once by trying to have me come and sign for another room (unit was jumping footprint, new Bs) while I was literally waiting for my HHG pickup. PT test was headed off by the other E6 squad leader that wasn't a torrential loving assdouche as soon as he saw how my face contorted and the way I started a nice, deep breath. The Bs poo poo was better, that Napoleon motherfucker (a distilled, concentrated buzzkill of a converted Mormon incidentally) snagged one of the other medics and had her call me up to relay that steaming load of bullshit. Apparently he didn't like it when I asked her if he was close by, told her to put me on speaker, and laughed hysterically before hanging up. My one regret is not getting his reaction on video, because apparently it was the stuff of legend for a couple weeks.

At least until the true to life realistic rubber fist showed up gift-wrapped to the aid station.

• Locked thread