Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

NarkyBark posted:

Gotta admit, that's poetry

Pig Destroyer have some surprisingly poetic lyrics every now and then.

Pig Destroyer - Jupiter's Eye posted:

Doomed lovers in a free fall
Together till they crash to the ground
I long for my sweet disappearer
As this avalanche of night
Slides down
Black haired angel by the bonfire
With alien eyes divine they flicker a moment
In the flames then follow the smoke
Into the sky
It's like losing a limb
This agonizing goodbye
My dreams of her are violent
All swirled in red
Like the storm in Jupiter's eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Speaking of Pig Destroyer, I'm supposed to have an interview with Blake Harrison next week. Anything you guys are dying to know?

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
The fun is over. Hopefully the best ones got saved.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Vulture Culture posted:

The one from last year was phenomenal

This was originally a serious (not necessarily good) idea, when the human-verification question about Black Sabbath stopped working after a few years. Old text Captchas were annoying, and this kept with the whole metal theme. The idea was to use letter from famous metal band logos to do the same thing as a Captcha. It was horrendously impractical to modify/code so a realistic alternative was used. We liked the idea enough (by which I mean I never stopped joking about it whenever there was spam) that some time last March, I assembled the set of legible-to-ridiculous images and HellBlazer coded the thing. First time an AFD joke actually involved coding! Worked out well because it had a good amount of entertainment value beyond being a gag, as well as being a good parody and joke about being anachronistic.

The band logos were: Immortal, Averse Sefira, Pyrexia, (Abominable) Putridity, (I Shalt) Become, Okketaehm, Black (Sabbath), Manilla (Road), Morrigan, (Pagan Altar), and Revenge.

http://imgur.com/a/TXnqH

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Henchman of Santa posted:

Speaking of Pig Destroyer, I'm supposed to have an interview with Blake Harrison next week. Anything you guys are dying to know?

Is he planning on using Ron Popeil's spray to cover up his bald spot.

Also, since Pig Destroyer is now up to five people, is Waldo going to do guest vocals.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Are there any good metal bands that don't utilize drums, aside from something like Sunn 0)))?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Detective Thompson posted:

Are there any good metal bands that don't utilize drums, aside from something like Sunn 0)))?

I'm guessing you're including drum machines too. Otherwise I would say Godflesh.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
I'm going to see Abbath, but I have a merch dilemma. Has anyone seen the Decibel tour with him? What kind of merch was there?

Basically, I want the dumbest crap there is as a souvenir. No shirts, hoodies, posters, cds or vinyl ( already have ). I want like gym shorts (Wintersun!), a coffee mug, a shot glass, a pair of glasses, maybe even a trucker cap that will sit in the closet never to be worn etc.

I ask now because I'm only going to see Abbath, so I'm not planning on rolling in until later. I don't want to be there for the entire show if I don't have to be. I'd go at doors if there was some primo garbage to buy though, for fear of it selling out.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

A grim and frostbitten snowglobe.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Gruesome has an EP coming out May 20th and the album art alone makes me want it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Detective Thompson posted:

Gruesome has an EP coming out May 20th and the album art alone makes me want it.

Looks like a Deceased album.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Everyone should be listening to the new Moonsorrow, it's so loving good, the best they've ever done I think and I say this as a perpetual fanboy of Suden Uni ( although I didn't really care for Voimasta... really, found it boring ). It's got everything you'd expect only more refined, and I like the tack they've taken with the folk parts making them very Wardruna-ey in terms of the chanting and instrumentation - more folk, less polka, more serious/less silly maybe.

Also saw Abbath which was almost everything I'd hoped for and more. They played basically the entire album along with classics from I/Immortal like: Warriors, One by One, Tyrants, Mount North, Solarfall (holy poo poo), etc. Abbath was doing his silly faces although I didn't get any ( "on his back, kicking his legs" ) like I think some other goon in UK saw. The merch he had was pretty disappointing though, no snowglobes or coffee mugs, but I did buy the big flags just because they're totally awesome even though I will never be allowed to actually hang them.

High on Fire was pretty good actually, kind of like if Motorhead was actually any good. I bought a tote bag.

Skeletonwitch was actually really good - it was kind of like melodeath/thrash, like if Witchery listened to too much Soilwork or something. They also had some sweet pint glasses.

I didn't catch Tribulation but they had a boring merch selection.

That is my report on the Decibel magazine tour. :unsmith:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

TollTheHounds posted:

High on Fire was pretty good actually, kind of like if Motorhead was actually any good. I bought a tote bag.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

TollTheHounds posted:

I sincerely wish these two sentences fit in a thread title.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Metal Thread #9492849 - I bought a tote bag

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Oldstench posted:

Looks like a Deceased album.

it's repka album art so it'll look like a lot of stuff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Repka

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought of this but thats just the eye.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it's repka album art so it'll look like a lot of stuff:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Repka
No wonder my first thought was that it looked a lot like Hyades' album art.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

me your dad posted:

Metal Thread #9492849 - I bought a tote bag

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I guess tote bags are the hot new merch item.

https://twitter.com/AmonAmarthBand/status/717126936758124544

Metal band branded tote bags: for when the music is just too loving heavy, man. Hope I can snag a Demolition Hammer tote at MDF this year!

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 5, 2016

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Tote bags are for the false, only plastic is real

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Incoherence posted:

I sincerely wish these two sentences fit in a thread title.

You just need the highlights.

quote:

High on Fire was like if Motorhead was good. I bought a tote bag.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

Metal band branded tote bags: for when the music is just too loving heavy, man.

Totespell Omega.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Gamma Nerd posted:

Totespell Omega.

Totesic Holocaust

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the yeti posted:

Totesic Holocaust
Totestament

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

symbolic posted:

Totestament

At the Totes

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

the yeti posted:

Totesic Holocaust

it was an attempt at a multi-lingual pun, since "tot" sounds like the german word for "death"
but yeah that works

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Tote Thrower

I'll see myself out.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Totesurd

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Totesmoker
Totegod Apocalypse
Tote Pricipium Est
Decapitoted

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I really want to cover a tote in patches now. A battle tote, if you will.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Gamma Nerd posted:

it was an attempt at a multi-lingual pun, since "tot" sounds like the german word for "death"
but yeah that works

:doh: You're way too clever for the likes of me

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
"I heard you like Motorhead."

"Totes"

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Guys do you know any bands that sell totebags, I need a reason to go to a show.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Toten is the German word for being killed IIRC so you could probably have a lot of fun with this re: metal band names.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I just buy a t-shirt at the end of the show so I don't have to tote it around, why would I want a tote bag to tote my poo poo I don't want to tote?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
...totenkopf?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

A totenkopf tote with a totenkopf emblem on it, with the totenkopf holding a smaller totenkopf tote with its teeth.

Varg posted:

I just buy a t-shirt at the end of the show so I don't have to tote it around, why would I want a tote bag to tote my poo poo I don't want to tote?

Obviously you're not a fan of public radio, drive a Subaru, or shop at Whole Foods.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8cDNoEceY

:godwin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Wolfenstein is already metal, thank you.