Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I thought it sounded like a joke but abortion politics make zero sense to me so the bit of my brain that would usually decide whether a thing is serious or not just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

kustomkarkommando posted:

Oh, and that Northern Irish women are not entitled to abortions on the NHS in England and have to pay fees for private clinics.

Different NHS regions have funding agreements between themselves to pay for care that is specialized in a different region (Great Ormond Street say). Unfortunately for the women of NI that doesn't allow for abortion, because NI politics. Abortion law in the rest of the UK is actually, on paper, really quite restrictive compared to many other European countries, but in practice the law is very loosely interpreted.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

gently caress Northern Ireland.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I wonder if abortion is another one of those issues where there's a massive disconnect between the public and MPs - like same-sex marriage was.
I can see that there're some rather biased* polls out there - is anyone aware of some well-worded polls that look at general attitudes towards abortion?

* - I'm being extraordinaliy generous, here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Abortions mandatory IMO.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

This suicide attempt was clearly Jeremy Corbyn's fault thank you for posting this gif so we can can all see how terrible he is.

Seriously though why did Shane do this he's already an independent millionaire and he owes nothing to Vince. I hate this gif because it depresses me immensely as it shows an old man almost killing himself for a lovely, carny industry and gaining nothing from his labour/suicide.

Edit:

kustomkarkommando posted:

Pro babby death

Sorry but as I'm sure you know the current SF position on abortion is a recent occurrence, when Stormont finally sat in I think 2007, correct if I'm wrong, they agreed to allow water charges in the North as long as the UK didn't try to get NI to have the same abortion laws as Britain.

StoneOfShame fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 5, 2016

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Extreme0 posted:

gently caress Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland, the red-headed stepchild of two parents who despise each other but can't seem to bring themselves to admit they also despise what they created. :sigh:

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

FinalGamer posted:

Huh, rich bastards offloading money out of the country?

SURELY YOU JEST! :monocle: Yes this totally did not have a degrading crippling effect on the country ohhhh no

there would be absolutely no serious repercussions to all the richest people in the country refusing to pay tax and not putting money BACK into the infrastructure, no that's totally not why this country's hospitals and police forces are absolutely loving stretched like a reused bandaid struggling to hold onto the seventeenth scraped shin for the love of god.

I mean, I guess there's a rule they never tell you about when you reach a certain wage bracket you just don't have to pay for anything anymore. Down at Heathrow they'll just stop you right on the spot and demand you pay your tax before leaving the country but Osborne's family company don't even pay their drat taxes.

This country really is just turning the clock back to Victorian times, in ten years they'll replace foxhunting with poorsniping.

While I don't like tax money being taken out of the country, am I wrong when I get a slight perverse pleasure in how half the reason this country got so rich is from extracting wealth from other nations unfairly and now with this digital world other countries are doing the same to us? Can someone explain why I shouldn't feel this way?

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Brighterday posted:

While I don't like tax money being taken out of the country, am I wrong when I get a slight perverse pleasure in how half the reason this country got so rich is from extracting wealth from other nations unfairly and now with this digital world other countries are doing the same to us? Can someone explain why I shouldn't feel this way?

ARE BANKERS :britain:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Also it's actually the same rich bastards doing the robbing in both instances.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Brighterday posted:

An ISA for an ISA and the whole trust is blind.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Brighterday posted:

Because apart from a couple of Panamanian hookers and cocaine dealers it's not like the poor of these countries is seeing any cash from this, and it's still to the benefit of the descendants of the rich bastards who wandered round stealing countries.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Brighterday posted:

The rich taking from the poor is an international problem, not just a British one.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Fans posted:

Today seems to be a day of

Whole lot of businesses coming forward to say that what they did was entirely legal. Also we're number 2 to Hong Kong for being an intermediary for perfectly legal tax avoidance. The gently caress UK, we have to settle for number 2 in financial corruption? What has this country come to?
Well Hong Kong was a British colony, don't forget. All that's happened is the pupil has finally surpassed the master

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Does the UK figure include places like the cayman or virgin islands?

Also the Bahamas is our baby too

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I guess that the more private profits from international exploitation which are squirreled away without improving the UK, the less the general publics welfare relies on it meaning that fears of losing London as a money generating pit for the rest of the country to function are reduced and we can start guillotining them with popular support.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

StoneOfShame posted:

labour/suicide

:chanpop:

a clear&concise description of Britannic politicks.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

XMNN posted:

Does the UK figure include places like the cayman or virgin islands?

Also the Bahamas is our baby too

It's for Intermediates and Offshores, not Tax Haven's. Since it's a Panama leak, I don't think the Caymen's would be involve as the BRITISH virgin isles tops the chart for Tax Havens.

http://qz.com/654027/the-five-most-important-graphs-from-these-panama-papers-leaks/

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/717263637002457088

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/717262499708538880

Brutal.

But with the Tories being such a popular, united and resolute government what can you expect?

Oh.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pissflaps posted:

Brutal.

But with the Tories being such a popular, united and resolute government what can you expect?

Oh.

They were only out by 200 last year. I'm sure this year they'll nail it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pissflaps posted:

Brutal.

Oh.

That table shows more losses for Labour than the other parties gain.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Jedit posted:

That table shows more losses for Labour than the other parties gain.

Those aren't the only 4 parties

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Fans posted:

They were only out by 200 last year. I'm sure this year they'll nail it.

Who is they and 200 what?

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
UK PM Cameron's spokeswoman says family investments are "private matter"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone"

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"

“There should be no area of cyberspace which is a haven for those who seek to harm us to plot, poison minds and peddle hatred under the radar.”

I know there's already a specific thread about the Panama Papers but I can't get over it. It's too amazing. :allears:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Pissflaps posted:

Brutal.

Oh.

Otoh BritainElects has the Tory lead down to three points for the next GE so who the gently caress even knows. Hopefully the gap will continue to narrow and I think that's very possible given Corbyn's slow but steady attitude with four years left to go.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ThomasPaine posted:

Otoh BritainElects has the Tory lead down to three points for the next GE so who the gently caress even knows.

That's not 'on the other hand'.

This prediction is based on labour being behind in the polls now compared to being ahead at the same point moving into the previous equivalent round of elections.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Corbyn to Cameron: "quit pussyfooting" over tax dodging

Not quite this thread's desired "get in the bin fuckboi" but close enough.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

The bit of data I'm having trouble processing is the LibDems supposedly making gains.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

TomViolence posted:

The bit of data I'm having trouble processing is the LibDems supposedly making gains.

If the source is bad for Corbyn, it's good for Pissy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Another Tory government is not good for me.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Brighterday posted:

Because unless you live in a gated community in the south east or a nice part of London you will feel the effects as the infrastructure crumbles and society follows.

Self interest, in moderation, is an essential drive.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 5, 2016

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Pissflaps posted:

Rallings and Thrasher predict net losses for LAB in May locals which If happens would be 1st time in a non general election year since 1982

I can't see how this is true.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

dispatch_async posted:

I can't see how this is true.

It's not, Labour lost seats in 2007 and I didn't even bother to check if that was the most recent.

Meanwhile, :torysay: we shouldn't stop tax havens because think of how it'd affect the poor Virgin Isles!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...p-a6969121.html

quote:

“For those reasons I think the Government has a responsibility towards encouraging overseas territories to find legitimate ways of economic development and the financial sector is undoubtedly such a legitimate method – just as it has been for Switzerland or any others."

So we should encourage the British Virgin Isles to be a tax haven? Well that's an achievable goal at least and some refreshing honesty.

Fans fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 5, 2016

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Fans posted:

It's not, Labour lost seats in 2007 and I didn't even bother to check if that was the most recent.

I think it's an observation on opposition parties.

Labour were in power in 2007.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Pissflaps posted:

Another Tory government is not good for me.

Like gently caress. You are blue to the core

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Serotonin posted:

Like gently caress. You are blue to the core

How about you have a go at posting about something other than me, chief.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fans posted:

Meanwhile, :torysay: we shouldn't stop tax havens because think of how it'd affect the poor Virgin Isles!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...p-a6969121.html

So we should encourage the British Virgin Isles to be a tax haven? Well that's an achievable goal at least and some refreshing honesty.

Gonna be delicious when it turns out ISIS or whoever keeps all their money there.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Pissflaps posted:

How about you have a go at posting about something other than me, chief.

How about we both stop posting. I'm willing

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Serotonin posted:

How about we both stop posting. I'm willing

But that just plays to your strengths. No deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Cerv posted:

Those aren't the only 4 parties
So who's projected to take the other 20? Greens? Respect? My left bollock?

• Locked thread