Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Corruption seems like a really nice way to curb rapid blobbing. I'm hopeful at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Ooooooooo a slider for corruption. Very good. A couple more sliders and we are one step closer to reimplementing magistrates

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Corruption seems like a really nice way to curb rapid blobbing. I'm hopeful at least.

You sure about "really nice"

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Ooooooooo a slider for corruption. Very good. A couple more sliders and we are one step closer to reimplementing magistrates

Yeah the EU3 experience all over again. "Am I at less than 3 stability? Max the stability slider"

Can't wait until they just add a "Fight corruption" button.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

You sure about "really nice"

I mean it's not the sort of declining gains system I'd really like to see (states and territories is getting there, but too immediately permissive for my tastes), but it should at least get the job done?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I love the corruption mechanic. I can't wait to buy more DLC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any benefit you can get from the corruption system, or is it just another hoop you have to jump through?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there any benefit you can get from the corruption system, or is it just another hoop you have to jump through?

You seem to get a fair amount of good events if you are at 0% corruption, judging from DDRJake's tyotal recall stream.

Tsyni posted:

I can't wait to buy more DLC.

:agreed:

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

I have a pretty promising Ottomans game I'm going to finish first.

It's just turned 1600 and I stretch from the Austrian border through to Tunis, Crimea and Baghdad. Should be plenty of time to complete the Unite Islam achievement right?

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
Yeah, plenty. It's really not a big list of provinces to take, and you sound like the top dog you should be. The only thing to keep in mind is that ALL of your provinces must be muslim, so if you've been tooling around as a humanist or something and have a hundred Christian shitholes in your empire you need to get cleansing.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Odobenidae posted:

You seem to get a fair amount of good events if you are at 0% corruption, judging from DDRJake's tyotal recall stream.

As I understand it from the Mare Nostrum reveal page, you get "positive" events for being corrupted as well. Something about getting more money out of things?

..Or do they just mean, that you save 0.12 ducats per month by keeping the slider at 0%? :negative:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

But why does it need to be an independent mechanic occupying UI real estate and requiring player attention to avoid penalties? Why can't it be baked into the existing overextension, coring, and tech cost systems?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

But why does it need to be an independent mechanic occupying UI real estate and requiring player attention to avoid penalties? Why can't it be baked into the existing overextension, coring, and tech cost systems?

Yeah, corruption should be kept off of the manpower/money/stability etc. bar, put it in the stability or income tab maybe. It seems about as useful as putting your inflation up there: not useful at all. It would do much better as an option for the organizer on the side.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

thatdarnedbob posted:

Yeah, plenty. It's really not a big list of provinces to take, and you sound like the top dog you should be. The only thing to keep in mind is that ALL of your provinces must be muslim, so if you've been tooling around as a humanist or something and have a hundred Christian shitholes in your empire you need to get cleansing.

Awesome thanks.

Nah, all my stuff is pretty much converted aside from some reformed with the religious zeal modifier. I might avoid telling Rome in the meantime then since I'm not sure if I'll have the ability to convert it or not.

I'm still way ahead in mil tech despite having 3 military policies and two filled out military ideas.

I'm not really min/maxing though and could be more ahead if I had bothered with vassal blocking etc.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just bought Mare Nostrum on Paradoxplaza.

Or at least, I thought I did. Charge went through, but never got the e-mail and game isn't showing up in my account.

:sigh:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks, Christian Arvidsson

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Just bought Mare Nostrum on Paradoxplaza.

Or at least, I thought I did. Charge went through, but never got the e-mail and game isn't showing up in my account.

:sigh:

Exact same thing happened to me. Figured I'd kick Paradox the extra by cutting Steam out of the deal. Never got a confirmation email or the email with the key, which makes filling out the webshop technical support form difficult since Order ID is a required field.

Learned my lesson, I'll tell you that much.

Edit: got a reply from support, apparently Paradox's payment processor takes up to an hour for payments to confirm. In the mean time you sit and spin.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 5, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I hate patch/DLC day and how none of my mods work

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Colonial Air Force posted:

I hate patch/DLC day and how none of my mods work

and in a few hours a game breaking bug will be discovered or one that at least is heavily exploitable, just step away from the game for a week

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Odobenidae posted:

Yeah, corruption should be kept off of the manpower/money/stability etc. bar, put it in the stability or income tab maybe. It seems about as useful as putting your inflation up there: not useful at all. It would do much better as an option for the organizer on the side.

I wonder if it's even possible to play at 800x600 or 1024x768 at this point, or if the top UI bar has grown too wide for that? It's slowly stretching to engulf... everything...

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

When it hits the right edge it will turn downwards, and soon devour the entire game interface in a voracious spiral.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
lol how are they justifying paying $15 for this expansion

e: for the record I own all the dlc except the e-books and usually buy them upon release, but this is something else entirely

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Anyone know if you get African adviser portraits with the DLC? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I'm buying it just for the timeline feature and to support Paradox, but yeah... corruption and sailors aren't very exciting.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
No discounts for the older DLC? That seems weird for Paradox. I'm missing Cossacks and Common Sense, dammit :argh:

EDIT: Weird, now they are there.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 5, 2016

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Koramei posted:

Anyone know if you get African adviser portraits with the DLC? I don't see it listed anywhere.

You get guys like this:

Not entirely sure if those are new or not.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah they are, sick.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
As a European nation I want the ability to hire "exotic" advisers for an extra fee.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I think GMG has a discount for this DLC right now.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I think GMG has a discount for this DLC right now.

Yeah! Also together with the april code it costs something like 8 pounds! Playing as Tunis is quite fun. Kinda like raiding in ck2 and another EU4 feature which turn yourself into a monster that wonder why you can only enslave entire regions once every ten years.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how do i give provinces to allies in the treaty screen

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

As a European nation I want the ability to hire "exotic" advisers for an extra fee.

You already get this if you own provinces of whatever culture. As Russia you'll get lots of Muslim styled advisors once you start conquering east.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
e^: :argh:

Tsyni posted:

conquer land that's of the culture of the adviser portraits and they'll show up as an option sometimes.

I actually like most of the features for this expansion but to me it feels kinda half baked compared to the old ones. The new features are in really weird positions on the interface- for something as vital as states, you'd think they'd show your limit in a really obvious spot. And then there are things like mothballing fleets killing off all your sailors, which even a cursory playtest with the feature should have shown off... the DLC releases for Paradox games tend to be pretty buggy, but this feels different. Like they're focusing most of their attention on HOI4 and Stellaris so they're just sort of shoving this out without too much care.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 5, 2016

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

verbal enema posted:

how do i give provinces to allies in the treaty screen

If your ally doesn't occupy the provinces, you need to transfer occupation to them first. You do that on the province screen. There's a little button to click next to the "occupied by" text.
Otherwise you just select the province in the peace treaty, it will have the flag of your ally next to it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

PittTheElder posted:

You already get this if you own provinces of whatever culture. As Russia you'll get lots of Muslim styled advisors once you start conquering east.

Koramei posted:

conquer land that's of the culture of the adviser portraits and they'll show up as an option sometimes.

I know, I know. I just prefer to pick advisers based on aesthetics. The French Court must be the most beautiful in all the lands.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Finally bit the bullet and bought into this ponzi, quite liked how the new additions are compelling the player to play within their means.

Have they fixed forts for this one?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

Finally bit the bullet and bought into this ponzi, quite liked how the new additions are compelling the player to play within their means.

Have they fixed forts for this one?

No. The problem is that forts should be placed on the borders between provinces but they're placed within provinces instead. This breaks things.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I'm beginning to suspect that a big part of it is the pathfinding algorithm too. It doesn't optimize for shortest or fastest route, but instead seems to go by lowest attrition.

That's certainly not all of it, but it's part of it.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is slave raiding a feature available for custom nations and can anyone offer detail about how it functions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Koramei posted:

And then there are things like mothballing fleets killing off all your sailors, which even a cursory playtest with the feature should have shown off...

Wait, so mothballing a fleet causes the assigned sailors to just vanish (or die) instead of returning to your Sailor pool or something?

That seems pretty obnoxious if intentional.

• Locked thread