Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

It's possible to not care and still discuss it and compare it against alternatives ITT.

True. I probably shouldn't have included the last part but I also don't get why people get so worked up they're frothing at the mouth bitching and moaning about how another group does things differently.

Tusen Takk posted:

Is eve fest still held in Ísland or dos they move it to Vegas? I just remembered that Spankys got on the H1Z1 mumble one night and was fuckin turnt up and talking about how great Vegas is

Fanfest is still in Iceland. CCP took over running EVE Vegas which is usually in October. There's EVE Down Under which is ran by the bogan players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Tusen Takk posted:

Is eve fest still held in Ísland or dos they move it to Vegas? I just remembered that Spankys got on the H1Z1 mumble one night and was fuckin turnt up and talking about how great Vegas is

they are two separate events

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

There's both.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

they are two separate events

Oh wow they're really branching out then

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

"make movie night a misery."

That's OK, we already have Madcat fulfilling that role.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Unfunny Poster posted:

True. I probably shouldn't have included the last part but I also don't get why people get so worked up they're frothing at the mouth bitching and moaning about how another group does things differently.

Fanfest is still in Iceland. CCP took over running EVE Vegas which is usually in October. There's EVE Down Under which is ran by the bogan players.

Whoa, hold on there a minute. I just presented some evidence, the mouth bitching and moaning came from your side telling me to stop assaulting them with quotes from your organization's various recruitment posts.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

Whoa, hold on there a minute. I just presented some evidence, the mouth bitching and moaning came from your side telling me to stop assaulting them with quotes from your organization's various recruitment posts.

Because you're acting like it's the end times when it isn't.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daruna posted:

how does it feel, having to deal with your own dragonstalking :mad:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't really care to hate PL when they just do their own thing and generally don't sperg out in local of spray poo poo all over the forums. The people I don't like are the retards in TEST and NC. who think this war is some great moral crusade to save eve online from the evil goon.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

This "feudal" thing you're harping on about only seems to be an issue to you and yours. Horde doesn't give a poo poo, mainly because they do their own thing on their own time. To say we don't care about them is hilarious and dumb. You're dumb. Stop it.

Harping on it? I brought up the term a whole one time. Strike a nerve?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

Harping on it? I brought up the term a whole one time. Strike a nerve?

It is a common talking point for dumb CFC members such as yourself. You think it's a new thing you've come up with when it isn't.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you should have to have a vouch to post ITT

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I can see the issue with some people viewing Horde as a "second tier" crew but in general that's just now how the relationship works out in practice. Lots of the PL guys like and hang out with the Horde guys but there's barriers in place to protect stuff for both groups because EVE is a game where if you're not careful you can get hosed. It's why a newbie in GSF won't be given POS passwords or supercap fleet pings, or whatever on their first day. Granted PL/PH do it differently but that's just a matter of GSF & PanFam having different methods to approach the same issue.

Ultimately who loving cares? It's a video game and if both Horde newbies are having fun and GSF newbies are having fun then both groups are doing a good job at what their trying to do.

Let's not forget that having Waffle/Horde services give you access to a broader range of poo poo to shoot at, and generally during times of relative peace- it's a whole fuckload easier to get a fight as a PL dude in a Waffle/Horde fleet than in a regular PL fleet (you get to circumvent that 'this idiot took the bait, cyno in 3... 2.. 1) which helps satisfy that dreaded ~activity requirement~.

Helicon One posted:

Odd that it never became important enough for Grath to lose his poo poo all over them until they lost ISK and made the K:D ratio look bad though :v:

Pretty sure it was more about them doing stupid poo poo, and not so much as a K:D ratio thing.

There's always a back and forth with EU or US Timezone loving things up and preventing the other from having nice things.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 5, 2016

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

you should have to have a vouch to post ITT

ban all posters younger than 3 July 2011

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Daruna posted:

ban all posters younger than 3 July 2011

Ban all posters with less than 500 posts for not embracing the :justpost: horny whiteboy lifestyle.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Ban all posters with less than 500 posts for not embracing the :justpost: horny whiteboy lifestyle.

at the very least anyone whose post history is just a link to the eve thread

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

I don't really care to hate PL when they just do their own thing and generally don't sperg out in local of spray poo poo all over the forums. The people I don't like are the retards in TEST and NC. who think this war is some great moral crusade to save eve online from the evil goon.

Honestly the only reason I'm starting to strongly dislike PL is because of these dudes who paid $10 to come and effort post on SA all day. I'd be willing to bet a few of them aren't much liked on PL's forums either

But yeah the Reddit circlejerk is ridiculous, though Reddit loves to circlejerk about anything ranging from politics to phone brands so :v:

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Venom Snake posted:

I wasn't around for the original stomping(s) of TEST but whatever you guys did it must have been glorious because they seem to be frothing at the mouth over the chance of payback. Seeing the sheer amount of salt on reddit is great, meanwhile I'm just happy to be flying in fleets and killing stuff for a change. We had a Caracal fleet yesterday of 160 odd goons in EUTZ that chewed up a PH Ferox fleet, good times.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

This.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I for once welcome our new PL overlords.

Hoover Inc. is so loving elite, after those years I still wonder how the gently caress they got in PL.
Honestly with people that have a giant case of Stockholm syndrome like CVA and TEST, who wouldn't use them as meatshield.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

Explaining to people the tryhard nature of our foe is hysteria now? I feel like you're projecting just a wee bit considering how hostile your language has been while mine has remained civil.

Percelus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 5, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

I only try to get people to sing along with me in local. This is my crime.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Eve thread, I simply can't be active elsewhere :(

Hell I'm not even active here, though I do like to post and hopefully will be a regular now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

yogizh posted:

I for once welcome our new PL overlords.

Hoover Inc. is so loving elite, after those years I still wonder how the gently caress they got in PL.

I ask myself this very question every day.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ApocalypseMeow posted:

I wasn't around for the original stomping(s) of TEST but whatever you guys did it must have been glorious because they seem to be frothing at the mouth over the chance of payback. Seeing the sheer amount of salt on reddit is great, meanwhile I'm just happy to be flying in fleets and killing stuff for a change. We had a Caracal fleet yesterday of 160 odd goons in EUTZ that chewed up a PH Ferox fleet, good times.

We basically killed them so hard that they landed in faction warfare. Their war CEO is legitimately the most bitter man in eve. Literally every time he opens his mouth "bitter at goons" starts drooling out of his mouth and spilling onto his "I'm angry" big he got off etsy.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

Explaining to people the tryhard nature of our foe is hysteria now? I feel like you're projecting just a wee bit considering how hostile your language has been while mine has remained civil.

What can I say? I tend to lose my patience when dealing with people with the IQ of a speedbump.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Daruna posted:

I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Eve thread, I simply can't be active elsewhere :(

Hell I'm not even active here, though I do like to post and hopefully will be a regular now.

You could :justpost: in FYAD where they don't care about post quality

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

same but star citizen here

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Helicon One posted:

Odd that it never became important enough for Grath to lose his poo poo all over them until they lost ISK and made the K:D ratio look bad though :v:

No one in PL cares about KDR, which ours is probably poo poo anyways because of the bling we fly. Grath is also the dude who flies pimp for marauders around for the lulz so I'm pretty sure you're drawing the wrong conclusions there guy, which is stunning considering Grath spelled it out in plain English.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol if you thought that retard had some form of authority

Endie posted:

I explained that to people who were asking "who the gently caress is the Percelus dummy?" on irc. I had to do the same about Zephyrine a couple of days ago.

Same

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Both Vyst and Deadtear who are agreeing with each other... Congratulations pubbies, you've truly brought about the end times.

Meclin
Dec 3, 2011

So there is this bullshit. https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/new-character-backgrounds-for-citadel-worldwarbee/

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

good job you linked 2 pages of my thousands of posts u did it

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Drythe posted:

anime is good thx

Your favorite one is trash though.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

What can I say? I tend to lose my patience when dealing with people with the IQ of a speedbump.

You seem unable of providing a satisfying argument for why I'm full of poo poo but keep up with the ad hominem :kimchi:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Percelus posted:

Once again I'm assume most of the newcomers to this thread are familiar with MMO culture, in which case you've encountered the typical recruitment process of your 'tryhard elitist circlejerk' guilds. They love poo poo like trial periods, long terrible applications, and language weeding all but the most hardened poopsockers who found themselves guildless for whatever reason.

Exhibit A - https://www.pandemic-legion.com/for...bcdb8f3f760f46f

:staredog:

I have no idea what I'm doing once I hit the undock button. I just wing it, press the buttons and hope for the best. I better stay in Waffe.

Also :ullerrm: could probably make billions on ghost writing Sniggerdly applications and answers for follow up questions.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

good job you linked 2 pages of my thousands of posts u did it

It's a large enough sample size

wheres my trophy?

dragonstalking posted:

Your favorite one is trash though.

very rude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drythe posted:

It's a large enough sample size

wheres my trophy?

very rude

its the cat tail buttplug never used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Why's it bullshit? I personally really like the bee one, though I'm not sure what the middle one is supposed to represent when it comes to "Money Badgers" oh the subtext says the far right one is for moneybadgers which looks a little better I guess

Or is it bullshit because it says "World War Bee" :rolleyes:

• Locked thread