Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

How much was the amount spent to re-up the registration on the Corolla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

IllegallySober posted:

How much was the amount spent to re-up the registration on the Corolla?

Same as before, $501 :cringe:. What a waste. My state just spent millions of dollars on some sort of scrapped (computer/payment/similar) system, and I don't think it was ever used. I could actually use my $500. If I had known the Corolla was included in this (there was never any indication), then I would have fought it with the Camaro while registration was still active.

Big expensive headache. I'd go more in depth with it all but I'd rather not while I'm quitting smoking.

It dawned on me that I could be called out for making this up and spending this on something else, so:

To end on a good note: over 4 days (100 hours) without a cigarette. I think the worst of the withdrawal symptoms are over. Waking up in the middle of the night babbling to my wife and sweating for no reason were the worst. Yesterday was by far the worst day.

Feeling stuff: I realized going through some pronounced withdrawal symptoms yesterday, that anxiety is definitely a money spending trigger for me. My body kept trying to trick me to have a cigarette, I was feeling anxious without one, and I suddenly wanted to spend. I had the cognizance not to spend, but it was definitely there. Today the withdrawal symptoms were much easier to deal with, and there was no urge to spend.

Good insight for later.

Hope your challenge is going well Sober. Any update? I know it's only the second, but I feel like we're more in it together than against each other this month, but that may be my fatal mistake

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 3, 2016

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Knyteguy posted:

Same as before, $501 :cringe:. What a waste. My state just spent millions of dollars on some sort of scrapped (computer/payment/similar) system, and I don't think it was ever used. I could actually use my $500. If I had known the Corolla was included in this (there was never any indication), then I would have fought it with the Camaro while registration was still active.

Big expensive headache. I'd go more in depth with it all but I'd rather not while I'm quitting smoking.

It dawned on me that I could be called out for making this up and spending this on something else, so:

To end on a good note: over 4 days (100 hours) without a cigarette. I think the worst of the withdrawal symptoms are over. Waking up in the middle of the night babbling to my wife and sweating for no reason were the worst. Yesterday was by far the worst day.

Feeling stuff: I realized going through some pronounced withdrawal symptoms yesterday, that anxiety is definitely a money spending trigger for me. My body kept trying to trick me to have a cigarette, I was feeling anxious without one, and I suddenly wanted to spend. I had the cognizance not to spend, but it was definitely there. Today the withdrawal symptoms were much easier to deal with, and there was no urge to spend.

Good insight for later.

Hope your challenge is going well Sober. Any update? I know it's only the second, but I feel like we're more in it together than against each other this month, but that may be my fatal mistake

Wasn't implying at all that you were making it up, so don't think that. Was just curious.

As far as I go, in the last two days I've spent a total of $9.27 on discretionary items. At the current pace I'll come in $553.26 under my discretionary goal :v:

And lastly, yes, I feel like we are in this together, not against each other. If we both hit the goals, we both win. :)

All in all, with the way my last two days have gone, the challenge success so far has been about the only positive, so I'm glad I've got that at least!

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

IllegallySober posted:

Wasn't implying at all that you were making it up, so don't think that. Was just curious.

As far as I go, in the last two days I've spent a total of $9.27 on discretionary items. At the current pace I'll come in $553.26 under my discretionary goal :v:

And lastly, yes, I feel like we are in this together, not against each other. If we both hit the goals, we both win. :)

All in all, with the way my last two days have gone, the challenge success so far has been about the only positive, so I'm glad I've got that at least!

Right on. Early in the month still yeah. Hitting financial goals is a good way to alleviate other stresses at least.

Wanted to clarify something: we'll be cutting back spending from our discretionary this month, at which point we'll, at the beginning of next month, refill the emergency fund from this month's cuts. I didn't mean to imply we'd be cutting the budget next month or something.

If we can't cut enough for some reason, then we'll have to cut and roll all excess discretionary at the end of months until it's done. I am cautiously optimistic that we can cut enough this month to be done with it, however.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Holy gently caress. That's expensive. I thought Oregon was bad at ~$145 every two years. (I could be a bit off on the total cost, it's been almost 2 years since I renewed... Coming up this summer.)

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

SiGmA_X posted:

Holy gently caress. That's expensive. I thought Oregon was bad at ~$145 every two years. (I could be a bit off on the total cost, it's been almost 2 years since I renewed... Coming up this summer.)

Yeah NV sucks for registration. This was a fine though not normal registration fees.

Well Sober I joined you for a lovely month so far. My mom got a DUI and ended up a ward of the state for most of a day while we were left to clean up the mess (the totaling of her car). I've had massive insomnia problems from quitting smoking. I pulled a muscle in my leg doing yard work. The $500 DMV fine.

I almost bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday for some stress relief; luckily my wife was there to support. When it rains it loving pours. :arghfist:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Keep going, man, you can do it!

You'll be so proud when you look back and remember you persevered through the stress.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

spinst posted:

Keep going, man, you can do it!

You'll be so proud when you look back and remember you persevered through the stress.

Thank you. I hope so. I'm a bit negative about nearly everything at the moment, but I'll come around again.

Oh and we found a neighbor's driver's license in our back yard that was issued within the past month. I don't see how it could have possibly got there unless he dropped it while back there. He's like 60 so I haven't figured out what to do yet. I woke up like 10 times last night thinking someone was peeping or breaking in. I'm not assuming he's guilty of anything, but I'm also not assuming it's innocent either.

Sadness/anger/exhaustedness: Not spending triggers.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Maybe it's because I'm a paranoid twenty-something female who lives alone, but I'd probably call the police non-emergency line and tell them about that.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
It's been hinted at and touched on before but what is your support network in a situation like this? What is it for quitting smoking and your mom's DUI issue?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Knyteguy posted:

Yeah NV sucks for registration. This was a fine though not normal registration fees.

Well Sober I joined you for a lovely month so far. My mom got a DUI and ended up a ward of the state for most of a day while we were left to clean up the mess (the totaling of her car). I've had massive insomnia problems from quitting smoking. I pulled a muscle in my leg doing yard work. The $500 DMV fine.

I almost bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday for some stress relief; luckily my wife was there to support. When it rains it loving pours. :arghfist:

Ooof. Hang in there, buddy.

For the first weekend of our challenge, my discretionary is... still at $9.27. Didn't spend any yesterday.

Worked out all three days as well- twice at the gym and three hours of softball yesterday. Today is a rest day and then back at the gym tomorrow.

No update on the debt repayment front yet- waiting for my next check to make progress there.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

spinst posted:

Maybe it's because I'm a paranoid twenty-something female who lives alone, but I'd probably call the police non-emergency line and tell them about that.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just "hey I found this" in case something does come up or something. It's probably not a big deal, but no harm in that.

Veskit posted:

It's been hinted at and touched on before but what is your support network in a situation like this? What is it for quitting smoking and your mom's DUI issue?

I don't know. My wife and my grandma. Maybe my uncle.

IllegallySober posted:

Ooof. Hang in there, buddy.

For the first weekend of our challenge, my discretionary is... still at $9.27. Didn't spend any yesterday.

Worked out all three days as well- twice at the gym and three hours of softball yesterday. Today is a rest day and then back at the gym tomorrow.

No update on the debt repayment front yet- waiting for my next check to make progress there.

Nice. I ate at a lot of restaurants this weekend dealing with everything. Gotta tone that down a lot or there's no way I'll pay my share of the DMV fine this month. $10.98 non-restaurant discretionary though.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Knyteguy posted:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just "hey I found this" in case something does come up or something. It's probably not a big deal, but no harm in that.

Nice. I ate at a lot of restaurants this weekend dealing with everything. Gotta tone that down a lot or there's no way I'll pay my share of the DMV fine this month. $10.98 non-restaurant discretionary though.

If you get the cops involved, and I think it is a good idea to do so, I'd specifically look for two outcomes:

1) You have a written police report that states that you found your neighbor's ID in your back yard and provided it to an officer to return to him.
2) A police officer returns the neighbor's ID to him.

This creates a paper trail of official evidence that the ID was in your back yard, and it lets the neighbor know where his ID was found AND that the police know where his ID was found.

If everything is OK, and it was a complete random series of events then your neighbor will probably be appreciative to get his ID back.

And if not now you'll have started building a case.

Baja Mofufu
Feb 7, 2004

I would also inform your landlord that you suspect someone may be getting into the backyard without your knowledge or consent. I don't know how your backyard is secured, whether it's totally open or a 6 foot privacy fence with locked gates, but your landlord may help you with increasing security. (A similar situation happened in a duplex I used to rent and the landlord installed floodlights.)

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

If you get the cops involved, and I think it is a good idea to do so, I'd specifically look for two outcomes:

1) You have a written police report that states that you found your neighbor's ID in your back yard and provided it to an officer to return to him.
2) A police officer returns the neighbor's ID to him.

This creates a paper trail of official evidence that the ID was in your back yard, and it lets the neighbor know where his ID was found AND that the police know where his ID was found.

If everything is OK, and it was a complete random series of events then your neighbor will probably be appreciative to get his ID back.

And if not now you'll have started building a case.

Baja Mofufu posted:

I would also inform your landlord that you suspect someone may be getting into the backyard without your knowledge or consent. I don't know how your backyard is secured, whether it's totally open or a 6 foot privacy fence with locked gates, but your landlord may help you with increasing security. (A similar situation happened in a duplex I used to rent and the landlord installed floodlights.)

Alright thanks for the input. I'll go ahead and do these things. There's not even a porch light in the back (they built a very nice deck but didn't add a light).

It's probably just a misunderstanding, but again a little caution isn't a bad thing.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

I just want to throw out there that at this moment you're quitting smoking, running a tight budget, being a dad, I'm assuming helping your mom out some, and have talked about possibly having a mental disorder.

It looks like you're biting off a lot and we're all rooting for you to chew it down and swallow and be successful, but I'd like to point out you don't have a lot of people you can mentally count on for support. There are a lot of things you are getting in place to keep you successful in the more physical world, but man with everything going on I still want to harp and say you need to build a bigger network of support in case anything gets too overwhelming.

I just wanted to remind you that although you set a toxx to have a date with a therapist/psychiatrist, you should consider pushing it back and seeing them sooner so you can have that support and care you might need in the future.

Knyteguy posted:

I've had massive insomnia problems from quitting smoking.

If I were in your position I'd talk to a doctor about this given what a lack of sleep can do to your health and life.

Knyteguy posted:

I don't see how it could have possibly got there unless he dropped it while back there. He's like 60 so I haven't figured out what to do yet. I woke up like 10 times last night thinking someone was peeping or breaking in. I'm not assuming he's guilty of anything, but I'm also not assuming it's innocent either.

What are you doing to cope with this fear you're having?

Knyteguy posted:

Sadness/anger/exhaustedness: Not spending triggers.

What has been a trigger? Do you have enough data to support that these aren't triggers and there's something underneath it all? Can you go into more detail about it?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

I just want to throw out there that at this moment you're quitting smoking, running a tight budget, being a dad, I'm assuming helping your mom out some, and have talked about possibly having a mental disorder.

It looks like you're biting off a lot and we're all rooting for you to chew it down and swallow and be successful, but I'd like to point out you don't have a lot of people you can mentally count on for support. There are a lot of things you are getting in place to keep you successful in the more physical world, but man with everything going on I still want to harp and say you need to build a bigger network of support in case anything gets too overwhelming.

Nah the budget isn't really tight. Even with the discretionary "cuts" it still feels reasonable. Just gotta take it easy on restaurants this month. You forgot quitting alcohol, too. I still get a nice strong craving for a beer here and there. A bigger network would be nice, and I guess to a smaller extent I rely on the thread also, if in a less personal manner than I would with family.

I just wanted to remind you that although you set a toxx to have a date with a therapist/psychiatrist, you should consider pushing it back and seeing them sooner so you can have that support and care you might need in the future.

Potentially. I've been giving it thought.

If I were in your position I'd talk to a doctor about this given what a lack of sleep can do to your health and life.

It's just a withdrawal symptom from quitting smoking. They'd probably tell me to take some benadryl or something, but for now I'm "just" tired. I will take some benadryl if this continues. Insomnia isn't something I find common.

What are you doing to cope with this fear you're having?

Nothing. I've always been kind of jumpy at night, and just moreso right this minute with the crazy light sleeping. I'll get over it.

What has been a trigger? Do you have enough data to support that these aren't triggers and there's something underneath it all? Can you go into more detail about it?

Anxiety. That's the only time so far now that I've been paying attention that I've been like "hey I want to go spend". No not enough data, but there was a clear difference between the emotions.

e: my mental faculties are lovely at the moment. I'll rephrase some extras I was adding not in response to Veskit tomorrow after some sleep.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 4, 2016

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Knyteguy posted:

Oh and we found a neighbor's driver's license in our back yard that was issued within the past month. I don't see how it could have possibly got there unless he dropped it while back there. He's like 60 so I haven't figured out what to do yet. I woke up like 10 times last night thinking someone was peeping or breaking in. I'm not assuming he's guilty of anything, but I'm also not assuming it's innocent either.

You are terribly unimaginative.

And exactly how would that scenario play out? He was in your back yard, where you have no lights, holding his drivers license for some reason other than looking at it, at which time he happened to drop it, decided it wasn't a big deal that his ID was no longer in his hand or his wallet and just went back to his house? Unless he has dementia, that seems a bit of a reach.

Also within the realm of possibility is that he threw it there for unknown reasons, or that blew away when he had it out when showing it off to the person who reads the water meter or that a raccoon pilfered it out of the mail and it has just now shown up.

If you think that someone was trying to break or peep in, the far more likely scenario would be that a third party was prowling the neighbourhood and among the stolen items were your neighbour's license which then got ditched it in your yard as they were passing through.

That said, I recall someone talking about a weirdo neighbour in some thread I have been following, but you have 41 pages worth of posts and I am not going to bother to go through them to ascertain if it was you or not. If so, I guess I could see why you wouldn't just knock on his door and give it back, but that is what I would do regardless.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Antifreeze Head posted:

You are terribly unimaginative.

And exactly how would that scenario play out? He was in your back yard, where you have no lights, holding his drivers license for some reason other than looking at it, at which time he happened to drop it, decided it wasn't a big deal that his ID was no longer in his hand or his wallet and just went back to his house? Unless he has dementia, that seems a bit of a reach.

Also within the realm of possibility is that he threw it there for unknown reasons, or that blew away when he had it out when showing it off to the person who reads the water meter or that a raccoon pilfered it out of the mail and it has just now shown up.

If you think that someone was trying to break or peep in, the far more likely scenario would be that a third party was prowling the neighbourhood and among the stolen items were your neighbour's license which then got ditched it in your yard as they were passing through.

That said, I recall someone talking about a weirdo neighbour in some thread I have been following, but you have 41 pages worth of posts and I am not going to bother to go through them to ascertain if it was you or not. If so, I guess I could see why you wouldn't just knock on his door and give it back, but that is what I would do regardless.

Better safe than sorry when I have a 1 year old baby and wife to take care of. e: Actually that's 'nuff said.

Finally got some sleep last night. I'll make that post I was trying to make yesterday soon. It's relevant to finances and the mental exercises I've been doing.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 5, 2016

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
Yeah noone's saying press charges, make accusations, or try and get an investigation started.

Just start a paper trail now. If everything is boring that paper trail will cost an infinitesimal amount of time to establish and have no value.

If there's anything interesting happening the sooner the paper trail starts the better.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Oh no! My neighbor may have been in my yard!

You guys are hilarious.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Yeah noone's saying press charges, make accusations, or try and get an investigation started.

Just start a paper trail now. If everything is boring that paper trail will cost an infinitesimal amount of time to establish and have no value.

If there's anything interesting happening the sooner the paper trail starts the better.

Right. And maybe the guy will say "yeah my mail was stolen" and it could help him out too. If I'd actually even seen him once (and it's a small neighborhood) I'd probably just go talk to him.

spwrozek posted:

Oh no! My neighbor may have been in my yard!

You guys are hilarious.

This is the suburbs we don't take kindly to neighbors in the yard :arghfist:. But for real our dogs have been outside during the day most days since late February (when the license was issued), and there's no way they wouldn't freaked out. If he was back there, then there's a very good chance it was at night. Plus we have broken bathroom blinds on a window low enough for just about anyone to look through, and that's where I found the license.

Like again, I'm not saying or assuming that anything happened. I also don't really care if anyone thinks I'm being a little paranoid about my family's safety and well-being. I have my reasons, and I'd expect anyone to be equally suspicious if they found my license in their yard.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 5, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Did you give what I said some thought?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

Did you give what I said some thought?

Which part exactly?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

Which part exactly?

Knyteguy posted:

e: my mental faculties are lovely at the moment. I'll rephrase some extras I was adding not in response to Veskit tomorrow after some sleep.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

The suburbs, stay out of my yard... Good grief.

You are being so paranoid.

Oh no someone saw me naked. So what.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Yeah I'll hit that later. I think I figured out some stuff.

spwrozek posted:

The suburbs, stay out of my yard... Good grief.

You are being so paranoid.

Oh no someone saw me naked. So what.

For real? Do you invite neighbors into your backyard to put on a show or something? Like maybe at Burning Man or a hot springs that would be OK, but context man, context.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT
In what context does finding a drivers license indicate nefarious activity? Like is he a blossoming super villain who skipped the Calling Cards chapter and got the concept a little wrong?

Isn't it more likely someone found/stole your neighbour's wallet and tossed his driver's license over a fence in the area as a "sorry about the money but I don't need this" kind of thing?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It doesn't really matter why the license was there, I agree that reporting it and starting a paper trail is a good idea. Either the guy legitimately had it stolen/lost it in which case he'll probably be glad to have it back, or he (or someone else) was in the yard and that leads to a ton of other questions. There is absolutely zero reason for other people to be in the yards/backyards of houses (at least back when I lived in a suburban area) so I would be wary about it too. Kind of weirded out that other people don't see people walking through your private property at night a big deal, actually.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

bringer posted:

Isn't it more likely someone found/stole your neighbour's wallet and tossed his driver's license over a fence in the area as a "sorry about the money but I don't need this" kind of thing?

This is almost certainly it.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

bringer posted:

In what context does finding a drivers license indicate nefarious activity? Like is he a blossoming super villain who skipped the Calling Cards chapter and got the concept a little wrong?

He was in their backyard and went to take some pictures of them or their kid through a window and the license fell out when he was getting his phone out?

It probably makes more sense that there was some kind of run by good samaritan cat burgling.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

bringer posted:

This is the funniest debate on here yet.

Maybe that happened. We have a 1/3rd acre backyard with over 6 foot fences that border no road, and it was found 30-40 yards from any non-neighbor fence. I have other reasons to be suspicious too. I had to call our garage being vandalized into the police not too long ago, for one.

And again I'm not assuming or claiming there was any wrongdoing. I'm open to the possibility, so I'll put it into the hands of people whose job it is to take care of stuff like that. I'll do so with a clear conscience and the thought that I'm doing right by my family by not assuming that I'm best person to judge the situation.

Droo posted:

He was in their backyard and went to take some pictures of them or their kid through a window and the license fell out when he was getting his phone out?

It probably makes more sense that there was some kind of run by good samaritan cat burgling.

See thanks that's what I was thinking too. Potentially it could have fell out when he grabbed a phone or something.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT
nm.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

holy crap noone in this thread has said there's evidence that the neighbor's done anything wrong, what the gently caress is wrong with y'all's reading comprehension?

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

You better get your landlord to put in some lockable gates with razor wire on top of the fence! Your neighbors are running amuck! Eating your children, stealing your shoes! Did you ever leave your old place that was in a much worst part of town?

Mother's lock up your daughters!!

Did you know that the meter reader also went into your yard?!? Better call the local utility!

This is by far the best part of this thread.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

holy crap noone in this thread has said there's evidence that the neighbor's done anything wrong, what the gently caress is wrong with y'all's reading comprehension?

I'm pretty sure it has been established that his neighbor is trying to murder him in his sleep and gets confused in the moment, takes out his ID, drops it, and runs away.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Haha I'm kind of dieing about this one. It's a lot better than arguing the budget or something for me.

Actually this has cheered me up a bit. I was feeling a bit depressed what with the parent poo poo I had to deal with this weekend. My mom was hiding under a van from the police. At 48 years old. Then she was stupid and joked about killing herself after she was arrested ("I'd rather kill myself than be in general population in jail"). She had to be put on suicide watch. :laffo: she deserved that night of hell.

spwrozek you're being a little ridiculous to the point where I'm having a hard time figuring out if you're joking. I'm not sure why you're so invested in defending someone who isn't being accused of anything. I probably am being a bit paranoid, but so what? Maybe he'll want to know how it got back there, too.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

Actually this has cheered me up a bit. I was feeling a bit depressed what with the parent poo poo I had to deal with this weekend. My mom was hiding under a van from the police. At 48 years old. Then she was stupid and joked about killing herself after she was arrested ("I'd rather kill myself than be in general population in jail"). She had to be put on suicide watch. :laffo: she deserved that night of hell.

Hiiilllarious!

Knyteguy posted:

Yeah I'll hit that later. I think I figured out some stuff.

I'm really interested in hearing what you have to say so don't forget.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

Hiiilllarious!

I'm really interested in hearing what you have to say so don't forget.

The suicide watch part is hilarious yeah. She says that poo poo all of the time, it bothers everyone all of the time, and she finally had to be held accountable for her words. She also has to be held accountable for her lovely actions. This isn't the first time she's gone on a benzo and alcohol bender and then drove around like a loving idiot. I'm sad it came to this, but I'm happy it means she's going to go through an awful lot of poo poo that will force her to change. Alcohol and narcotics counseling most likely, probably some mental evaluation (I was there while she was getting arrested; the sheriff mentioned "underlying mental issues"). Piss tests galore, a lack of a license, consequences without something really bad happening like killing someone while driving hosed up. Good stuff. She is now accountable to the state.

I won't forget to post. It's important to me and I want to flesh it out, which posting will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

spwrozek posted:

You better get your landlord to put in some lockable gates with razor wire on top of the fence! Your neighbors are running amuck! Eating your children, stealing your shoes! Did you ever leave your old place that was in a much worst part of town?

Mother's lock up your daughters!!

Did you know that the meter reader also went into your yard?!? Better call the local utility!

This is by far the best part of this thread.

Ignore this gently caress face. I'd be concerned about the ID, too. I've got a five year old daughter. Being concerned is part of being a parent. Just report it to the authorities. Regardless of how it got back there, it'll hopefully get sorted out, and now maybe you can install some motion sensor lights to ease your worry.

• Locked thread