Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

CannonFodder posted:

I vote the MTA has a special Spider-Man clause where if the person in the spandex can climb across the roof to cross the turnstiles then they are either the real Spider-Man or someone who spent way too much money to figure it out and thus likely a future super villain so just let them through.

This special clause makes J.J.J. FURIOUS. That's why he hates Spidey, because he's a freeloading fare jumper.

edit: I don't know the source, I just binged Jameson hates Spidey because he is black.

Every time I see that page I cannot stop laughing at how the Wilford Brimley lookalike next to Jameson is giving him a wonderful :catstare: and the :cripes: guy on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Terrible Horse posted:

Imagining Peter living with Frank and Estelle Costanza is both improving and ruining Spider-Man for me

"Festivus isn't over until you pin me, Peter!"
"Uncle Ben, please..."

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

TwoPair posted:

"Festivus isn't over until you pin me, Peter!"
"Uncle Ben, please..."

"Why do you spend your time swinging around, like a crazy person? Why don't you get a NICE JOB?"
"Ma, I'm fine, I'm working!"
"Oh, big shot photographer...."

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Terrible Horse posted:

Imagining Peter living with Frank and Estelle Costanza is both improving and ruining Spider-Man for me
Say to yourself, in the best midday-TV Queens accent you can muster, the name "Doctor Octopus".

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Potato Jones posted:

Say to yourself, in the best midday-TV Queens accent you can muster, the name "Doctor Octopus".

I just spent way too long trying to do this, and I kept landing a lot closer to Boston than Queens.

Not complaining, I just wanted everyone to now try and say "Doctor Octopus" in a Boston accent too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Incorruptible.
Plutonian got punched stupid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Other posted:

That's actually from She-Hulk Vol1 Issue 4. She- Hulk's partner is representing Spider-Man pro bono in a lawsuit against JJJ for libel. Spider-Man would have won too but the lawyer decided to include Peter Parker in the lawsuit and Spider-Man ended up settling.

Settling by demanding Jameson and Parker hand out public apology flyers in stupid costumes.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

The_Other posted:

That's actually from She-Hulk Vol1 Issue 4. She- Hulk's partner is representing Spider-Man pro bono in a lawsuit against JJJ for libel. Spider-Man would have won too but the lawyer decided to include Peter Parker in the lawsuit and Spider-Man ended up settling.

The proper takeaway here is that, in spite of She-Hulk calling him a "great lawyer," Pug is in fact a lovely lawyer.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The proper takeaway here is that, in spite of She-Hulk calling him a "great lawyer," Pug is in fact a lovely lawyer.

That's right, and I'd say he's guilty of serious malpractice— and possibly a breach of professional ethics depending on New York's rules— by naming a defendant that the client doesn't want to sue.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
We need a daredevil book with Peter Parker hiring Matt Murdock to sue She-Hulk's firm for malpractice. Then the case falls through because Spider-Man is the star witness, and Matt wants Peter there when they cross-examine him. :v:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Captain Bravo posted:

We need a daredevil book with Peter Parker hiring Matt Murdock to sue She-Hulk's firm for malpractice. Then the case falls through because Spider-Man is the star witness, and Matt wants Peter there when they cross-examine him. :v:

Oh come on, everybody knows it would end up with daredevil fighting spider-man because

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok so now I don't know what's funnier, reading all of Spider-Man's dialogue in a super exaggerated Queens brogue or in George Costanza's voice.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
You know, under Mark Waid's run, I could see it actually becoming 'Trial of the Century'. With a packed court room full of unrelated parties who managed to weasel themselves in. All because since Matt Murdock is obviously Daredevil, it's defiantly going to result in Spidey and DD in fisticuffs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You know, under Mark Waid's run, I could see it actually becoming 'Trial of the Century'. With a packed court room full of unrelated parties who managed to weasel themselves in. All because since Matt Murdock is obviously Daredevil, it's defiantly going to result in Spidey and DD in fisticuffs.

JJJ orders Peter to attend to take photos of this inevitable villainous assault.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Newspaper Spider-Man continues to be the best Spider-Man.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Best case scenario, Parker and Murdock get pissed at each other and have a fistfight in the courtroom. Both of them pissed off enough to swing, but retaining enough self-control to not go nuts and spoil their identities. Parker ends up being reviled for beating the poo poo out of a blind dude. :v:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

McCloud posted:

This implies Batmans better is a man with the IQ of a guacamole

Bruce once thought he should be on the front lines against a possessed Guardian. So the answer is, no he didn't figure it out yet, and it'll be a Grand Realization when Bats learns what others/betters (Hal) tried to tell him earlier?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 5, 2016

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

MisterBibs posted:

Bruce once thought he should be on the front lines against a possessed Guardian. So the answer is, no he didn't figure it out yet, and it'll be a Grand Realization when Bats learns what others/betters (Hal) tried to tell him earlier?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

If the ring can do everything by itself, why do they even need Hal Jordan?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man continues to be the best Spider-Man.

I hope this dude gets defeated by Kamala Khan roasting his instragram in the comments.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

prefect posted:

To sign the checks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My takeaway on this is that Hal needs to wear one of those neat padded helmets when not being supervised.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My takeaway on this is that Hal needs to wear one of those neat padded helmets when not being supervised.

Pesterchum fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 5, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

The ring can't speak the oath.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SomeJazzyRat posted:

In a Brand New Day story Spider-man was prosecuted for a theft. The incident being caught on CCTV.
the end Matt Murdoch beat the charge by having a load of different heroes (Iron Fist, Night crawler, Shang Chi, Arăna) go to court dressed as Spider-man to establish that anyone could have dressed up as Spider-man and robbed that place.

It was called the Spartacus Gambit.

I say that would happen again. Only with heroes dressed as Spider-man and Daredevil brawl while Peter Parker and Matt Murdoch look on.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

In a Brand New Day story Spider-man was prosecuted for a theft. The incident being caught on CCTV.
the end Matt Murdoch beat the charge by having a load of different heroes (Iron Fist, Night crawler, Shang Chi, Arăna) go to court dressed as Spider-man to establish that anyone could have dressed up as Spider-man and robbed that place.

It was called the Spartacus Gambit.

I say that would happen again. Only with heroes dressed as Spider-man and Daredevil brawl while Peter Parker and Matt Murdoch look on.

Kaine vs. Iron Fist. FIGHT!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Your honor. Do you know about the concept of CLONES?" "We are not bringing that poo poo into my courtroom Mr. Murdock." "But it's relevant to the case!" "Then the case is DISMISSED because I am not putting up with Clone Sagas in MY courtroom."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I will never get tired of seeing panels of Hal being an utter gently caress-up.

I know Kyle has his share of moments like this, but has John ever majorly screwed up due to his own incompetence?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Who What Now posted:

I know Kyle has his share of moments like this, but has John ever majorly screwed up due to his own incompetence?

Ask the residents of Xanshi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Guy is probably the most stable and competent human green lantern. Think about that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Lack of fear is either bravery or stupidity.

Lantern rings know which one is easier to find.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Guy is probably the most stable and competent human green lantern. Think about that.

(JLI. natch.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ImpAtom posted:

(JLI. natch.)

Batman peed himself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

(JLI. natch.)

That is my point, yeah.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Who What Now posted:

I know they've all been posted before but I'm still putting my favorite one again.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Serious Frolicking posted:

That is my point, yeah.

The most well-trained fighter on the planet knocked Guy out, a can of corn once knocked Hal out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SirDan3k posted:

The most well-trained fighter on the planet knocked Guy out, a can of corn once knocked Hal out.

To be fair it was yellow corn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

Guy Gardner, canonically, was once trapped inside a giant banana billboard by the Royal Flush gang.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Guy Gardner, canonically, was once trapped inside a giant banana billboard by the Royal Flush gang.

Hal Jordan was better at traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

"Your honor. Do you know about the concept of CLONES?" "We are not bringing that poo poo into my courtroom Mr. Murdock." "But it's relevant to the case!" "Then the case is DISMISSED because I am not putting up with Clone Sagas in MY courtroom."

A multi month part of the Clone Saga took place in a court room and Peter intended to resolve things by revealing the existence of his clones.