Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I bought a Pz. T15 for shits n' giggles. First game.

It's kinda fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RanKizama posted:

I bought a Pz. T15 for shits n' giggles. First game.

It's kinda fun.

Enjoy your first 5-10 games in tier 3 or 4 matches while you still have new-tank preferential matchmaking, and rest where you're shunted into 90% tier 5 matches due to the anti-clubber matchmaker.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

Enjoy your first 5-10 games in tier 3 or 4 matches while you still have new-tank preferential matchmaking, and rest where you're shunted into 90% tier 5 matches due to the anti-clubber matchmaker.
Which is still fine. The current flood of LTP's has made things interesting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey guess what Skirmish team? We're north side every game tonight again! Yay!

the other three brackets are also up and we finally get to be south, but come the gently caress on

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

Hey guess what Skirmish team? We're north side every game tonight again! Yay!

the other three brackets are also up and we finally get to be south, but come the gently caress on

Sounds like fun times. Are we at least not stacked against very good teams?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Sounds like fun times. Are we at least not stacked against very good teams?

I'm choosing to stay blissfully ignorant until I get home from work.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Did I have to log on yesterday for the free slots, or does today work too?

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
Nothing like having to do a clutch save because your team is bad. Thankfully the guy in the cap was too timid to just rush me when I was first spotted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOpF9okj2ek

And who says the A-43 has a lovely gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4hFmpIMrE4

BTW - Console players can't aim for poo poo with their Controller. My mouse + keyboard on the other hand, do not have that limitation.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Did I have to log on yesterday for the free slots, or does today work too?

You have to win 5 battles where you're one of your team's top 10 XP earners between now and May 2nd.

Yes, they're forcing you to actually play this lovely game.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's very rude.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ShankyMcStabber posted:

BTW - Console players can't aim for poo poo with their Controller. My mouse + keyboard on the other hand, do not have that limitation.

If my performance in the tournament last night is any indication, I can't aim for poo poo even with a mouse and keyboard. Now if I'm snapshotting 500 meter moving targets in my E50...

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What's the fun gun I should use on the luchs?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

McGavin posted:

You have to win 5 battles where you're one of your team's top 10 XP earners between now and May 2nd.

Ah, okay. I logged on today and didn't get anything, so I was worried. That shouldn't be a problem, unless my 0-14 streak from two nights ago continues.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ShankyMcStabber posted:

Nothing like having to do a clutch save because your team is bad. Thankfully the guy in the cap was too timid to just rush me when I was first spotted:

drat the UI in PS4 WoT is pretty slick. The T23E3 and T-43 are not good tanks though, jeez.

Michaellaneous posted:

What's the fun gun I should use on the luchs?

5cm if you want to lose 100k credits firing 130mm pen shells in pub matches. 3cm if you want to have fun while still being incredibly effective. The 5cm is better early while you take potshots at people, the 3cm is better late when you just zoom around killing anything under 300 HP.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

McGavin posted:

For a moment I thought you were talking about the new tournament rules and I started to panic because I'm a bench warmer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

For a moment I thought you were talking about the new tournament rules and I started to panic because I'm a bench warmer.

Our bench is incredibly warm, which is good because we're getting shut out cold by our opponents.

seriously that loving T67 just sitting there broadside on the hill and I miss 9 shots on it, and those failure to pens on the KV-1Ses argh

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Hellsau posted:

Our bench is incredibly warm, which is good because we're getting shut out cold by our opponents.

seriously that loving T67 just sitting there broadside on the hill and I miss 9 shots on it, and those failure to pens on the KV-1Ses argh

Sounds like somebody has a serious case of the Charniks

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ShankyMcStabber posted:

Trigger warning: Komarin

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

Trigger warning: Komarin

I'm glad Komarin is dead. I'm glad Hidden Village is dead. I'm glad Severogorsk is dead. I'm glad Port is dead. I'm glad Province is dead and it should have been gone years ago because what a lovely map to punish new players with. I'm glad South Coast and Northwest are gone (and hope they do not come back).

Rest in peace, Dragon Ridge. You were too good for this world. I wish it were still in the game so CW, Strongholds and tournaments could still play on it. Pearl River was bad with artillery on it and otherwise it was basically a heavy paradise, but it wasn't nearly as poo poo as Hidden Village.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i miss komarin

good riddance to the rest of the list though:

Hellsau posted:

I'm glad Hidden Village is dead. I'm glad Severogorsk is dead. I'm glad Port is dead. I'm glad Province is dead and it should have been gone years ago because what a lovely map to punish new players with. I'm glad South Coast and Northwest are gone (and hope they do not come back).

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I miss Port. It was a good map and was only removed because of the wall-pen feature.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dox023 posted:

How much time/effort would it take to unlock the T-22 if I haven't done any of the missions yet?

If it wouldn't be a huge pain in the rear end I'd like to get one to help my acquisition of pubbie tears.

If you have NONE of the missions whatsoever, that might be a little hard.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

RanKizama posted:

I miss Port. It was a good map and was only removed because of the wall-pen feature.

port was only fun from the south. north was a deathtrap

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I didn't mind Port either, though my memories may be coloured because it was there that I had this battle.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

I'm glad Komarin is dead. I'm glad Hidden Village is dead. I'm glad Severogorsk is dead. I'm glad Port is dead. I'm glad Province is dead and it should have been gone years ago because what a lovely map to punish new players with. I'm glad South Coast and Northwest are gone (and hope they do not come back).

Rest in peace, Dragon Ridge. You were too good for this world. I wish it were still in the game so CW, Strongholds and tournaments could still play on it. Pearl River was bad with artillery on it and otherwise it was basically a heavy paradise, but it wasn't nearly as poo poo as Hidden Village.

They should have brought all these back for April fools.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
They're all in the console edition; we can be the fools every day!

Relatedly, if anyone can tell me what to do on Old Hidden Village that isn't "lemming up the pass" or "die in the town," that would be swell.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

Hellsau posted:

drat the UI in PS4 WoT is pretty slick. The T23E3 and T-43 are not good tanks though, jeez.

It is even funnier when you realize that Comet had my number for sure, until he decided he would rather shoot a full health Jackson rather than shoot me 2 more times to finish me off.

Komarin isn't so bad on the console because oddly enough you don't have 4/5 of the team piling onto the island only to be arty raped.

Scorpion Pass is annoying as hell when you have a slow tank, but way too much fun in a Medium or Arty.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

Relatedly, if anyone can tell me what to do on Old Hidden Village that isn't "lemming up the pass" or "die in the town," that would be swell.

No that's pretty much it. And 15 tanks per side.

Good times.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I got messaged by a dude who called me a bad tomato for doing 300 damage in my 50 100.
Yeah thanks dude I know I am bad. Are there really people who PM every bad dude they come across?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

They're all in the console edition; we can be the fools every day!

Console Edition got the best April Fools event, they got World of Warships: TOG II Edition

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 5, 2016

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you have NONE of the missions whatsoever, that might be a little hard.

I currently have none of the missions complete to get the T-22.Would my time be better spent working on something else rather than trying to get the T-22 at the last minute?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

There is only two reasons to go north on Hidden Village: you intentionally want your team to lose and are attempting to be as useless as possible, or you want to have fun tearing rear end through buildings while being shot at by tanks you have no way of spotting or shooting. It's like going south on Live Oaks - sure, you can use your mobility to flank and destroy the enemy tanks that also went to the stupid place on the map, and then you are entirely stuck because trying to push the enemy base just walks you into a killzone, and trying to return to base does the exact same thing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dox023 posted:

I currently have none of the missions complete to get the T-22.Would my time be better spent working on something else rather than trying to get the T-22 at the last minute?

To be honest if we've only got like 5 people doing missions out of twenty, you're fine. Our missioneers are almost entirely stuck on victory point missions, or kill missions. All the damage missions are super simple if you have a tier ten better than the IS-7.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

McGavin posted:

How can one tiny update manage to break all of the mods? Goddamn Wargaming. :argh:
I've got this weird bug where bits of the garage are missing - like when I try to buy a new tank, the buy button is missing and the maintenance screen is basically completely broken. Have there been issues wrt this with your mod pack?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

R. Mute posted:

I've got this weird bug where bits of the garage are missing - like when I try to buy a new tank, the buy button is missing and the maintenance screen is basically completely broken. Have there been issues wrt this with your mod pack?

Yes. I need to go through and update it, but I've been busy and haven't had to change the loadout in any of my tanks, so :effort:.

It's probably just one mod, but I don't know which one. Reinstalling the individual mods from OMC might fix it.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Hellsau posted:

To be honest if we've only got like 5 people doing missions out of twenty, you're fine. Our missioneers are almost entirely stuck on victory point missions, or kill missions. All the damage missions are super simple if you have a tier ten better than the IS-7.

Well that's good news, all I have in the way of Tier 10 tanks right now are the E100 and the T110E5.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dox023 posted:

Well that's good news, all I have in the way of Tier 10 tanks right now are the E100 and the T110E5.

Probably need to unlock the T-62A Rental for some of the flag missions but at least you have the E100 for the stupid module damage ones.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the E5 not a good choice? I'm about 6m creds from the E100. I've also got a 261, which seems like it would be good for module damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is the E5 not a good choice? I'm about 6m creds from the E100. I've also got a 261, which seems like it would be good for module damage.

The E5 is a superb tank. Damaging 12 internal modules in 7 minutes is ludicrously difficult with a 120mm gun. I suppose the 261 would be kind of good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
T110E4 best rigger tank aside from capping flags. My last module damage mission I had I did something like 25k damage as well as way more modules than I needed.