Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So who's up for some Tax Shelter raiding -- I mean, treasure hunting? Have a nice little trip to Panama or the Bahamas and -- well gosh, look at all of this money that's in an undisclosed vault in the middle of nowhere protected by heavily armed private military types. No one would mind if we play finders keeper with money that sort of doesn't exist on the books, right?

We always seem to hit poo poo that's on the transportation hubs or the arteries of Murky Water or Gensec, never important poo poo like the heart. I don't care if they bullshit up reasons as to why we don't completely break the company, like there are several corporations that make up the PMC or company in question, but I want to hit something really big with lot of poo poo to loot and bastards to shoot. Like several billion dollars big. You can even break it into another Murky/Gensec HQ raid by giving us the means to steal the rest of the billions.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Crabtree posted:

Stop being such an lp machine and get in here.

I usually hop in the mumble and steam chat weekend nights when I'm already ridiculously drunk, I've found.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I usually hop in the mumble and steam chat weekend nights when I'm already ridiculously drunk, I've found.

The perfect time. Someone give this man a flamethrower.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Crabtree posted:

So who's up for some Tax Shelter raiding -- I mean, treasure hunting? Have a nice little trip to Panama or the Bahamas and -- well gosh, look at all of this money that's in an undisclosed vault in the middle of nowhere protected by heavily armed private military types. No one would mind if we play finders keeper with money that sort of doesn't exist on the books, right?

And then it turns out you get no money because you just robbed the Payday crew's offshore account. Oops.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Concordat posted:

And then it turns out you get no money because you just robbed the Payday crew's offshore account. Oops.

:thurman::ughh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Well now I REALLY want that heist to happen.

Or a sliding scale payout where infamy 0 gets rich and infamy 25 gets nothing

The possibilities are endless.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Introducing PVP raids on each other's offshore accounts. Pay OVK a nominal real-money fee in order to have your in-game cash insured.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

watho posted:

Introducing PVP raids on each other's offshore accounts. Pay OVK a nominal real-money fee in order to have your in-game cash insured.

That was a really neat part of MGS V that Konami bungled and nobody will ever use again.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I should hope not, paying real money to insure fake money is really stupid. Invading other people's games is definitely something that other devs will/have use, though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah it was also stupid as gently caress in MGS5 too but that didn't stop Konami. :v:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
What's the real money part in mgs? I have it but only played like twice.

The idea of infiltrating other players base is a cool idea and I'm sure we've all thought that would work with pd2 vault invasion somehow.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

swims posted:

What's the real money part in mgs? I have it but only played like twice.

When you get farther into the game you construct little bases that other players can infiltrate and steal resources from, while you do the same to theirs. There's a way to insure your virtual resources by paying real-world money, which is quite possibly the laziest way to go after whale money ever conceived.

The base invasion part is pretty fun and actually feels more like classic MGS, until you encounter the people who have layouts set up in such a way that it's impossible to infiltrate without raising the alarm, which is cheap.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I tried to do some cosplay in Miitomo after finding some familiar clothing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Geight posted:

The base invasion part is pretty fun and actually feels more like classic MGS, until you encounter the people who have layouts set up in such a way that it's impossible to infiltrate without raising the alarm, which is cheap.
It's much worse when you realize that the game is utterly trivial to hack due to no sanity checking from the server at all. I had a huge amount of fun with base invasions and counter-invasions until I hit a certain level where literally everyone was cheating, and it was not subtle. I'm talking about responding to a call, finding my guys in alert mode (where everyone's on guard, but not in combat), and then suddenly having all 80-odd soldiers on my team fall over in a stun. Or having a defending player respond to an alert I raised, fly directly to me, eat 50 bullets from my machine gun, and then punch me once and inflict a stun on me.

It really bummed me out because I legitimately had like 15 hours of great back and forths with people and a huge blast, but it ended in the biggest wet fart.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

NVM am dumb don't be like me kids.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 5, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

It's much worse when you realize that the game is utterly trivial to hack due to no sanity checking from the server at all.

Which makes Konami trying to sell people insurance for their virtual goods even better, imo. But yeah I didn't play long enough to actually encounter hackers first-hand, although I did raid a few FOBs that had a truly impossible amount of resources for how close to release it was.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Plan Z posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/S74mn

First reaction: "Wow, the worst front page re-posts all together."

Then the comments made up for a lot. The dumbest one is the guy who liked everything then complained about 9gag.

so we're heisting the memelord headquarters now?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

Whoops, meant for another thread.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

Dank memes are the hottest loot out there on the DarkWeb.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Why is there a disturbing lack of classical music in both of my favourite cop killing simulators?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zigmidge posted:

Why is there a disturbing lack of classical music in both of my favourite cop killing simulators?

play big bank

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
After tonight I can safely say I am never Doing It Live again. gently caress all of that noise.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

After tonight I can safely say I am never Doing It Live again. gently caress all of that noise.

Two people on each power box. Assuming your host isn't using a can with string as their internet connection that should be more than enough.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Framing Frame isn't a good heist IMHO

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

Framing Frame isn't a good heist IMHO

it's good if you plan to do day 3 loud from the start, but it's bad if you get 90% of the way through and someone screws up stealth

back in the day of Actually Hard Deathwish merc convinced me to do loud d3 dw and it was actually super fun.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

FF is a really fun loud heist but it's one of the ones I've yet to do on DW.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

it's good if you plan to do day 3 loud from the start, but it's bad if you get 90% of the way through and someone screws up stealth

back in the day of Actually Hard Deathwish merc convinced me to do loud d3 dw and it was actually super fun.

Ah back in the day when not having 3 people with double stuffed ammo significantly reduced your chances of success.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

UnknownMercenary posted:

Ah back in the day when not having 3 people with double stuffed ammo significantly reduced your chances of success.

And we had to run to the medic bag on the roof between assault waves to conserve the precious eight charges that we had in the hold-out spot.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

THE CHORSE posted:

And we had to run to the medic bag on the roof between assault waves to conserve the precious eight charges that we had in the hold-out spot.

Then some rear end in a top hat iced the getaway driver.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

FAUXTON posted:

Then some rear end in a top hat walked through the front gate and triggered the alarm

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

FAUXTON posted:

He was just ahead of the meta, man! Now you're supposed to ice him before you even put the bags in the truck!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

Then some rear end in a top hat walked through the front gate and triggered the alarm

That's how it's done these days though. :smugdog:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FAUXTON posted:

That's how it's done these days though. :smugdog:

We skip the "kill 50 civilians and then go into custody" portion now though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Was checking out missing stealth achievements, and found out there's a fully stealth heist I've never done before - Alesso. Talk about actually well done stealth heist that feels like there was effort put into it. :fap:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

That was fun. I might just rock the classical for a while.

Pretending to be this guy adds a layer of twisted fun to the game.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Was checking out missing stealth achievements, and found out there's a fully stealth heist I've never done before - Alesso. Talk about actually well done stealth heist that feels like there was effort put into it. :fap:

Sound of Silence is a good and fun achievement. (Plus the Boom Box looks awesome.)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Zigmidge posted:

That was fun. I might just rock the classical for a while.

Pretending to be this guy adds a layer of twisted fun to the game.

It would be fun to play him.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Hobold posted:

It would be fun to play him.

It would be even better to have him as a new enemy type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Can someone give me a rundown, or point to a such, as to what guns and builds are actual for loud DW? I have never done much of it, and my stealth buddy hasn't done it since late 2014.