Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I love it when people type like they talk. It makes reading what they write into a whole adventure in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Everybody ready for that Green Moon?

https://www.facebook.com/disclosetv/photos/a.10150447008155628.418304.211482380627/10154249048385628/?type=3&theater

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Imagine a ball of weed, the size of the moon, crashing into the moon

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

trapped mouse posted:

That's not even close to the first time I've seen that comparison. Similar to "Bernie is Dumbledore/Gandalf/Good Older Fictional White Man!!"

Edit: Photo proof from the front page of imgur, saying it outright. http://imgur.com/gallery/GPIqsuJ

The best part is that this ignores the far more apt Margaret Thatcher comparison. But no, any evil old lady in fiction = Hilary Clinton.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Plom Bar posted:

Imagine a ball of weed, the size of the moon, crashing into the moon

That'd be a hell of a high tide.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

We will blow up the moon when it is green-green!
/

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

My Aunt who is a PhD shared this. She has no clue.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Dumbledore was a manipulative little poo poo who tried to mould Harry into a miniature version of himself and train him to walk to his own death. :colbert:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is a little tricky to explain but very worth your time! The biggest bettor here puts up FanDenial videos after major sporting events which is just an 'epic voiceover guy' reading out people with bad spelling go mental on the internet. If you really like film trailer voice overs pronouncing misspellings it's great. I don't follow football but I have context due to office asmosis. Former player turned broadcaster turned manager just lost his first match as manager 7-0 and people are enjoying it. Then things get mental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-RgGn8Pjw

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

oh boy i cant wait

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Picnic Princess posted:

But it's the black way so it's like extra bad.

No really. That's the problem.

I've honest to god never heard anyone but teenage to 20 something year old white girls use it.

It's the dumb slang for bestie, bff, whatever the hell of the moment and I think it's stupid. If that makes me crotchety old internet guy then whatever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bae is pretty dumb whether you're white black or a chinese

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

TinTower posted:

Dumbledore was a manipulative little poo poo who tried to mould Harry into a miniature version of himself and train him to walk to his own death. :colbert:

#killallwizards

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TinTower posted:

And in his youth he teamed up with Wizard Hitler because he was gay for Wizard Hitler and didn't snap out of his desire to rule over mankind until he accidentally killed his sister.

Actually, that's a really good lesson from Harry Potter: your cheerful old grandpa who seems to know everything and is always helping you out probably did a bunch of awful racist poo poo when he was younger.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I don't use the word Bae because I feel like there's subtlety to its meaning that I don't understand. Luckily, I'm a married cis white male, so I don't have to worry about using words other than 'wife'.

We need a :privilege: emoticon.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

teenytinymouse posted:

There are subtle contextual differences in the proper use of bai and boyo, influenced not only by geographical location and generation but your relationship to said bai and how mad thon boyo is when he's on the piss

Christ I am reading it in my old Norn Iron accent and everything. Wha' about ye? :tayto:

Anyway bae is a fun word and anyone mad about it is either racist or old af. I didn't even use it until I saw how sore some people got about it, now I use it whenever the opportunity arises.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there a "so edgy" emote?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ok Fella posted:

Is there a "so edgy" emote?

Nah but there's

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beau is the correct term for anyone over the age of 28 but under 44. Once over 44 then you have to say significant other or lady friend/gentleman caller.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Bae is just babe misspelled drat it ain't that complicated

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I wonder how poo poo like "bae" even comes into existence.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm actually an Emperor so I have a consort and concubines.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Bae is just babe misspelled drat it ain't that complicated

I've heard that its supposed to stand for "before anyone else" but that's stupid and probably a backronym.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Beau is the correct term for anyone over the age of 28 but under 44. Once over 44 then you have to say significant other or lady friend/gentleman caller.

Just call her your loving lady friend.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Otisburg posted:

Outside of the Something Awful Dot Com Forums, terms can pass or be borrowed from one vernacular to another without it being some kind of ironic, mocking affectation.

I'm aware, but as I said, I never heard it used by the original group, and was providing rebuttal + context as to why it's not as simple as a sweeping "if you don't like bae you're racist." From my frame of reference, it was first used by white 20somethings, so the initial association was racist-seeming usage, which is a tough association to move past for just a word.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Not our fault those losers live in Iceland and have a corrupt government to worry about while we dont worry about that poo poo

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I bet some of those Icelanders have uggo haircuts too.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Of all the things you could say about that hairstyle, people argue that it's racist? :laffo:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I call my girlfriend by her first name

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cash crab posted:

I don't know where "hurtbees" came from, but I like it a lot.

They sting you in the feels.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

china bot posted:

Gross dude/tte.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Karma Monkey posted:

Of all the things you could say about that hairstyle, people argue that it's racist? :laffo:

:byodame: CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Karma Monkey posted:

Because otherwise, you're just talking about Justin Bieber's haircut. At least if you say that it's racist, you're talking about important social issues (in reference to a boy-star's haircut, but still).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

china bot posted:

What's it like being a cuck?

welp, looks like I just found a new wordfilter :v:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mister Adequate posted:

What's it like being a cuck?

welp, looks like I just found a new wordfilter :v:

I never get tired of seeing people find the new filters for the first time :allears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Does SA count as social media? Because I can't believe this is happening in the Schadenfreude Thread. Gorilla Salad posts about how "slavery wasn't really that bad" used be be actually taught in textbooks:

Gorilla Salad posted:

History textbooks in the South actually taught that poo poo, though, so it's not like it came out of nowhere. Also, it was Sarah "rape kit" Palin, so it's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility that she'd actually say something like that.

This poo poo was taught in schools:

A black woman in the US reacting poorly over an article containing a prominent person justifying slavery? Yeah, no idea why she'd be pissed.

And like clockwork, goons will defend anything:

baquerd posted:

You may not like it, but it's important to realize that this is largely true. It's still massively hosed-up and a lot of abuse occurred without basically any oversight, but slaves were serious investments that had to be cared for in the same way a farmer might care for a tractor today while free laborers were discarded for the slightest cause.

baquerd posted:

Was it hellish for slaves, having your life controlled by the whims and desires of another without consideration for your own? Of course. To accept being a slave is to lose that essential part of your humanity and become another tool no different than a horse or tractor.

But given that, if as a farmer you didn't do basic maintenance and upkeep on your tools, you were going to be a bad farmer with sub-par results.

baquerd posted:

If you've got an under-performing tractor, have you done due diligence to make sure it's a proper workhorse? If so, you can try taking it back to the dealer, or failing that, post bad reviews online.

baquerd posted:

radiatinglines posted:

Do yourself a favor and walk around a plantation and see the slave quarters, and see the clothing slaves wore working the fields every day. One of the biggest causes of death was foot infections from working without shoes. Their owners didn't give a gently caress.
Nah, the state of sanitation was such that they simply didn't realize the ROI of shoes.

But anyways, have some funny cats having problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwqXn03LaI

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

china bot posted:

weirdo

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

SpacePig posted:

And like clockwork, goons will defend anything:

And by "goons" you mean one poster. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Karma Monkey posted:

And by "goons" you mean one poster. :colbert:

I guess I should've said "at least one goon will always defend anything", sorry.