Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dokopun posted:

Natsume published Rune Factory 3 too.

ack!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Looper posted:

I like stardew valley quite a bit but there are some little things that feel weird/bad. Like a true harvest moon. The human sprites are p ugly imo and I'm not digging how almost everyone not so secretly hates their lives. The athletic dude's first world problems are actually pretty refreshing in contrast

Well, that's my take

I'm fine with the sprites. I'd pay real money for a mod that fixes the awful character portraits though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

readingatwork posted:

I'm fine with the sprites. I'd pay real money for a mod that fixes the awful character portraits though.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-portraits-like-anime-style.107707/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*furiously hits the more anime button*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no joke, that is about 10x better

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Endorph posted:

no joke, that is about 10x better

There are a few different ones, I'm using a mix of the default and his older designs since some of the characters changed weirdly during development

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The default ones remind of Star Tropics 2, but basically everyone's hair looks kind of weird. Which, coincidentally, the hair is also what makes the sprites look so weird.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZnm6CE0FT0

Trailer for the new Story of Seasons: "Really Awkwardly Translated Game Title About 3 Different Villages" is out

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Can you date guys as a guy yet?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

readingatwork posted:

We don't know, probably not.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

readingatwork posted:

We dunno but they showed off the outfits a bit there and presumably you can still play as a woman wearing men's clothes, since the models are completely androgynous

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

hopeandjoy posted:

This stupid plant in the lava dungeon of RF4 is kicking my rear end. I guess it's because I don't have party members, but it still feels bad.

You don't need party members, you're just bad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tale of Two Towns, New Beginning and (for the first time?) Lost Valley are all on sale in NA.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blhue posted:

We dunno but they showed off the outfits a bit there and presumably you can still play as a woman wearing men's clothes, since the models are completely androgynous

This would be better than nothing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i like how anime sam looks like less of a super saiyan

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also I think Sam is the worst bachelor.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Blhue posted:

Nope, I'm pretty sure only the first RF was localized by Natsume. Most/all the rest were Xseed.

Edit: actually yeah, for some reason Tides was localized by Natsume. weird.

Huh. Well that sucks. And Marvelous doesn't really have any other RF or HM games suitable for porting unless they go back to the PS2 era. I mean a cleaned up RF4 port would be amazing but no way in hell is that happening.

Edit: And obviously they don't have the rights to those. gently caress me.

Tired Moritz posted:

Also I think Sam is the worst bachelor.

Worse than Harvey?

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 27, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Harvey has cute events.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

A Sometimes Food posted:

Huh. Well that sucks. And Marvelous doesn't really have any other RF or HM games suitable for porting unless they go back to the PS2 era. I mean a cleaned up RF4 port would be amazing but no way in hell is that happening.

Edit: And obviously they don't have the rights to those. gently caress me.

I know, they and Japanese devs/shareholders too dumb to smell sort of easy money on PC are all that's keeping it from happening. But that doesn't stop me from wanting it really badly.

I like the Story of Three Towns trailer though if only because I like running around with pups.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
"Too dumb to smell easy money" is grossly oversimplifying it. This assumes all the assets and development materials & tools are still on hand in good condition, which is far from guaranteed, especially after restructuring or when there's a big time gap. It also completely ignores the cost of porting, which depends a lot on how the original code was made and whether the sources are available.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay after having finished the 2nd arc what's the deal with being able to examine the empty spot where Ventuswill used to be?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay after having finished the 2nd arc what's the deal with being able to examine the empty spot where Ventuswill used to be?

It's part of the trigger for starting the 3rd arc. I forget the correct actions, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh great, I have to wait for the RNG to line up in my favor to start the 3rd arc? :suicide:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 4, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh great, I have to wait for the RNG to line up in my favor to start the 3rd arc? :suicide:

The level jump when you do start it is pretty sharp anyway, so at least they expect you to take a while to trigger it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay that was fast. Memories triggered on the next town event. I guess complaining does work. :v:

Strange Quark posted:

The level jump when you do start it is pretty sharp anyway, so at least they expect you to take a while to trigger it?

How high are we talking here?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay that was fast. Memories triggered on the next town event. I guess complaining does work. :v:

How high are we talking here?

I think they expect you to be around at least level 150? At that point though, your equipment matters much more than your base stats.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Not overly huge, I think it's about 20 levels. You can "break" it by cheesing Sharance Maze a couple times through finding a treasure chest with an endgame weapon, taming a monster there (they tend to be level 100+) or by tossing Object Xs from failed pharmacy crafts to poison enemies dead so you can gain levels (you can't do this against bosses because they have ungodly amounts of status resistance).

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I hate mammoths! :argh:

Edit: Okay any tips for Crystal Mammoth 2? I think I just ran into a brick wall here. Over and over:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 5, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

I hate mammoths! :argh:

Edit: Okay any tips for Crystal Mammoth 2? I think I just ran into a brick wall here. Over and over:

Its ice attacks are water based, so if you get equipment with water resistance that totals up to 100%+ (sapphire brooch and forging), you'll take no damage from its big attacks.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Its ice attacks are water based, so if you get equipment with water resistance that totals up to 100%+ (sapphire brooch and forging), you'll take no damage from its big attacks.

Thanks. It's AOE was the main thing giving me trouble, and it boxed me in a few times.

Also, level 10 Pineapple Juice sells for how much!? :stare:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

Thanks. It's AOE was the main thing giving me trouble, and it boxed me in a few times.

Also, level 10 Pineapple Juice sells for how much!? :stare:
And pineapples mature every two days. You'll never be out of money again.

(Although I think you can also literally just buy the all golden veggies for Golden Juice and churn that for profit, it's been a while)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(Although I think you can also literally just buy the all golden veggies for Golden Juice and churn that for profit, it's been a while)

Yes, you can neglect your farm entirely and still gain ridiculous wealth by virtue of being the only townfolk who can operate a blender. Just set up a shipping box and mixer right inside the General Store, save you the walking time.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
selling all the l10 gold juice you can possibly ship in one go is like 720 million gold, it's brilliant.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Buying level 10 pineapples and turning them into juice already turns a profit. It's easy, easy money.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

selling all the l10 gold juice you can possibly ship in one go is like 720 million gold, it's brilliant.

It's awesome. Helps a lot in ng+ when you increase enemy levels

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Any good places to farm for Rune Crystals? I am at the point where I actually have to use those in forges.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dr. Fetus posted:

Any good places to farm for Rune Crystals? I am at the point where I actually have to use those in forges.

I think that bit in the fall area where you can smack a bunch with your hammer is it

I'm pretty sure I've gotten one out of a random dungeon crystal before, but those are scattered enough that grinding them deliberately is inconvenient

Blhue fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 6, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It turns out that there's a far better place to farm for them, but you kind of have to get lucky with the RNG. At the top of Leon Karnak, where you fight Sano and Uno, there's a spot that gives out items (it's near the bird emblem). If you get lucky, it'll give out Rune Crystals for the whole day. At that point you can just walk in and out of Sarcophagus' room to gather as much as you need, but on most days, the spot will give out Light Crystals or Material Stones instead. The downside is that all the Rune Crystals gathered this way will be at level 1. (I have no idea how significant of a downside that actually is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Some new (?) stuff from the next story of seasons game

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/story-of-seasons-scans-and-details-for-the-latest-entry-new-characters-clothes-more/

• Locked thread