Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, that just sounds so much less glamorous then Orange is the New black made mail order brides look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What does $35k a year get you?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

What does $35k a year get you?

missing some teeth, 80's bangs, couple of kids from a previous marriage that they want to import eventually

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ah, so same as in the US.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

my man I worked with was making 50k a year and that isn't enough to lure anyone worthwhile. They straight up tell you in their profiles that you need a six figure income.

I guess beggars can be choosers afterall

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

okay you got me

I was legitimately trying to get one of the guys at work to buy one

Unfortunately all of the pretty ones want doctors (like swickles) and other successful career men

my man I worked with was making 50k a year and that isn't enough to lure anyone worthwhile. They straight up tell you in their profiles that you need a six figure income.

Where I live we call this "dating"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I love that Adam Gase told Omar he was 0 for 4 and should check his sources. Haha not even that sociopath could spin that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I love that Adam Gase told Omar he was 0 for 4 and should check his sources. Haha not even that sociopath could spin that.

Wait, it's confirmed that he said it to Omar? :hawaaaafap:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Armando heavily alluded to it yesterday. In a clever way, too. When asked on the radio who it was directed to, he stated he didn't want to embarrass anyone, but it was "DREADful"

I got a laugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Armando heavily alluded to it yesterday. In a clever way, too. When asked on the radio who it was directed to, he stated he didn't want to embarrass anyone, but it was "DREADful"

I got a laugh

That's hilarious, if true, because Omar tweeted about it as if somebody else was the one to say it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

That's hilarious, if true, because Omar tweeted about it as if somebody else was the one to say it.

gently caress up if true

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FWIW

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/713783341091307520

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Freezing Cold Takes just brought up some Omar goodness:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Freezing Cold Takes just brought up some Omar goodness:

I just got turned onto Freezing Cold Takes and now I want them to post hourly with this poo poo. Its amazing. I also like that they don't go after guys making predictions simply because they have to, and seem to focus on the guys that claim to be plugged in, or who double down on their assertions.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
This is the best

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Is this Cold Takes website playing "Gotcha" with Omar? Ill advised. His opinions may change because it's football!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

It couldn't be Armando, he's actually in with the FO.

Omar is the only guy who still tries to break stories with his poo poo opinion and he has very few player ties anymore.

Who else could it be? I wanted it to be Omar so bad but I may have been reading too much into it. Calling it dreadful was awesome regardless

I doubt Omar would straight up lie though. Not if its very easy for him to be caught

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It couldn't be Armando, he's actually in with the FO.

Omar is the only guy who still tries to break stories with his poo poo opinion and he has very few player ties anymore.

Who else could it be? I wanted it to be Omar so bad but I may have been reading too much into it. Calling it dreadful was awesome regardless

I doubt Omar would straight up lie though. Not if its very easy for him to be caught

I feel like you are giving Omar too much credit. Also what type of lawyerin you doing these days?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Is this Cold Takes website playing "Gotcha" with Omar? Ill advised. His opinions may change because it's football!

They're HIS TRUTHS.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't put it past Omar to just lie about that at this point.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/716015641912877058

is it possible to have negative credibility

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://mobile.twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/716014387350401024

"Appearing to be invulnerable to all forms of contact isn't a true sign of physical toughness." - Omar Kelly

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am pretty sure anyone who professionally plays in a sport where there is a non-zero chance of getting hit at 15mph by a 300lb man is tough

Thats me though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

I feel like you are giving Omar too much credit. Also what type of lawyerin you doing these days?

Med mal defense and insurance property claims.

I quit this morning because my boss literally us every cliche of a shady south Florida lawyer. I'm done. Tax law in Denver or In house counsel work at FPL is next for me.

And man Omar might hate Tannehill more than PFZ does bc lol at him calling Tannehill not tough get the gently caress out

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/716015641912877058

is it possible to have negative credibility

I know it's become standard to compare any dumb sports take to PFTcommenter, but holy poo poo if that tweet didn't read exactly like one. Just needed the spelling errors.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I quit this morning because my boss literally us every cliche of a shady south Florida lawyer. I'm done. Tax law in Denver or In house counsel work at FPL is next for me.

And man Omar might hate Tannehill more than PFZ does bc lol at him calling Tannehill not tough get the gently caress out

Goddammit we were this close to Better Call Saul: Florida Shade

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Does he wear gold chains and have chest hair visible at work

Good job making a brave decision.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am pretty sure anyone who professionally plays in a sport where there is a non-zero chance of getting hit at 15mph by a 300lb man is tough

Thats me though

Suddenly my time as a cart boy at Walmart has new meaning.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Haha, I bet that dude is in the cocaine addiction recovery group that is specifically for south Florida lawyers too.

I know some people at FPL. Aside from their lobbying to make solar power impossible in the loving Sunshine State, its a pretty well regarded company.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

swickles posted:

Haha, I bet that dude is in the cocaine addiction recovery group that is specifically for south Florida lawyers too.

I know some people at FPL. Aside from their lobbying to make solar power impossible in the loving Sunshine State, its a pretty well regarded company.

Lunar power is where it's at

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/716977711013564416

how much are you getting paid, adam

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Other states should pick up on this, kind of wish they would offer bong rips flying into Portland or Seattle like how they give you a lei landing in Hawaii.

I've never actually been to Hawaii, if they don't give you a lei when the plane lands don't ruin this for me

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DIdn't ESPN tell their personalities to knock this off?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Freezing Cold Takes is the best

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Kalli posted:

Impact player David Terrell oh boy!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Someone did a study and once saw sports analysts were actually less skilled at making predictions than laymen

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Mays is back in the podcast game, along with Barnwell Mallory Rubin. I thought it was pretty good.

https://soundcloud.com/channel33/ep-80-nfl-draft-podcast-with-robert-mays-and-mallory-rubin

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Someone did a study and once saw sports analysts were actually less skilled at making predictions than laymen

On the one hand this probably isn't wrong, but on the other, the analyst's job is to get viewers or clicks, not to be accurate.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Kalli posted:

Ron Borges has always had the weirdest beef with Belichick.

You'd think Bill had used his dog for one of the sacrifices or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

On the one hand this probably isn't wrong, but on the other, the analyst's job is to get viewers or clicks, not to be accurate.

Those shouldn't be separate objectives. :argh:

• Locked thread