Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Xenolalia posted:

I'm soo iffy on Final Blitzkrieg. On one hand, the time period from late 44 to the end of the war is one of the most interesting imo, but on the other hand I feel like I've barely put time into CMFI...

I'm holding off on it for now, I feel bad rewarding battlefront for doing some re-skinning and then releasing combat mission normandy again. For serious, this game is $55 USD or $72 AUD for 7-8 additional vehicles and white texturing on helmets and the ground.

I was disappointed when I first launched Black Sea and saw the exact same interface and controls and I'm feeling it again now. This game hasn't evolved at all past giving the buttons a gradient it seems, some new features or improved ways to control your mens would be fantastic and would justify the cost slightly.

Abongination fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

dtkozl posted:

I've had AI do plenty of amphibious attacks, some of them even worked!

Not many though.

Same here, I've had seaborne invasions before. Once it seriously threatened me, the other times it was more of a distraction, but took critically needed supplies and men from other, more important, theatres to keep it in check.

Anyone up for some AT:G? I've never, ever played against anyone, either hotseat or PBEM, before, so if there's someone that has some patience for a newbie, I'd appreciate it! :blush:

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I will play AT:G against anyone, anytime, anywhere!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

My first game is probably gonna finish soon so I could be persuaded to join another.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Two or three, including myself, bought it from the LP so we certainly could get a fairly large sized game going.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

dtkozl posted:

Saros posted:

My first game is probably gonna finish soon so I could be persuaded to join another.

Cool! Well, if anyone wants to get one started, I really have no idea how/what to do/what's a fun setup.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

Two or three, including myself, bought it from the LP so we certainly could get a fairly large sized game going.

I actually played Peoples Tactics a bit and really enjoyed it, and when I found...I think GH's thread, I was like "yes! must get!"

I just had to wait for my tax refund. :)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Well if we got 6 people I could start another using the 6 player map I built for the previous game. It's fairly well balanced and diverse enough to be interesting.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xenolalia posted:

I'm soo iffy on Final Blitzkrieg. On one hand, the time period from late 44 to the end of the war is one of the most interesting imo, but on the other hand I feel like I've barely put time into CMFI...

Look at this grog noob. Come back when you've also barely put any time into CMBN (plus expansions), CMBS, and CMRT and bought Final Blitzkrieg anyway.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I've got the next week off if people are interested in some sort of rapid fire ATG or DC or whatever game.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

dtkozl posted:

Would you play against baby Hitler?

I would probably just go ahead and pick up Final Blitzkrieg, but I'm going to be building a new PC within a year or so, and I don't want to burn an activation, so nevermind.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
I would also like to play AT:G

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Saros posted:

There's a mod that delays the AI declaring war the better part of a year so you can actually build forces and factories.

Do you happen to have a link handy? Google can't seem to find it, and it wasn't immediately obvious on the mods section on the matrix forum which one it might be.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Saros posted:

Oh sheeeiiit there's a mod for ATG that stops the AI from declaring war in the first 7-8 turns or so.

link

Here

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

PhantomZero posted:

I would also like to play AT:G

we just gonna show up at the weirdest places together huh

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I have three ATG games on the go right now, but the big ones move slow enough that I can probably handle more, especially when I'm not stopping to take screenshots every five seconds.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hell yeah the Matrix ATG key I bought off a guy for $10 was successfully added to my Slitherine account so I got a Steam key out of it :cool: looks like I'm joining the ATG party as soon as I figure it out!

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

we just gonna show up at the weirdest places together huh

It is a small forum.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I would join another ATG game as I'm pretty sure we're toast in that first one. Also, if anyone wants to try a smaller 1v1 or 2v2 send me a message.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Count me in for the six-player, please :)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Dryb posted:

I would join another ATG game as I'm pretty sure we're toast in that first one. Also, if anyone wants to try a smaller 1v1 or 2v2 send me a message.

Sent you a PM

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

OKay so far we have for a new 6 player ATG game:

Me, Grey, Dryb, Thalantos, Phamtomzero and maybe Cool corn?

Send me a PM with your email address if I don't have it already.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Saros posted:

Hm, sure, why not, I'm still learning so I'll be terrible! PM incoming.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Vic is gonna have to cut Saros and GI a check.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Saros posted:

PM sent

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fortress Italy Goons, The Churchill is some sort of elaborate prank, on you the British player, right? :shrug:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I have fond memories of playing close combat and having to repeatedly take Churchills with 6lb guns against Panthers and the occasional Tiger. Good times.

The 105mm howitzer version was absolute loving murder against infantry though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Now is an excellent change to pick up Ultimate General: Gettysburg (And some other stuff) for $1.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Saros posted:

I have fond memories of playing close combat and having to repeatedly take Churchills with 6lb guns against Panthers and the occasional Tiger. Good times.

The 105mm howitzer version was absolute loving murder against infantry though.

I miss the AVRE in A Bridge Too Far... :allears:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

TehKeen posted:

I miss the AVRE in A Bridge Too Far... :allears:

CC2: ABTF was great. "Oh, a couple squads of Germans want to hole up in that building?" <engineer tank arrives> *BWHAM* <entire building collapses> :black101:

Playing the other side was cool, too - I had multiple time where I managed to drop a mortar round into a British flamethrower tank (forget the designation, open-topped and IIRC hauling a trailer full of fuel) for :supaburn: action.

Although CC3: ñìåðòü íåìåöêèé was my entry into that series, and where I discovered that it was worth concentrating all fire onto the lone flamethrower guy, especially if he was still grouped with other troops. Also, to allow enemies to enter the factory before area-firing the explosive barrels.

Dammit, now I want to reinstall these and see if they still work on Win7. (Can't remember if I have any Matrix versions, or if they're all the original CDs.)

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Dammit, now I want to reinstall these and see if they still work on Win7. (Can't remember if I have any Matrix versions, or if they're all the original CDs.)

They do.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Saros posted:

Anything else I can help with to get this rolling? :)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I'll get emails out tonight, anyone want to drop out? I seem to have oversubscribed. If not I'll try roll up a 7p map.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Is there a breakdown somewhere of how the mechanics behind auto-reinforcing units works in AT:G? Sometimes my units replenish in one turn, other times it seems to take ages, even with enough production and land capacity to meet the demand.

Edit: Oh, apparently it takes one turn for each step in the chain of command.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 7, 2016

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I really wish Combat mission had a replay option. I just played Bear Claws and a Brummbar got destroyed by a garand shot bouncing into the hatch and cooking off the ammo. I was a total idiot though and I closed the match assuming I'd be able to re-watch it somehow.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

LordPants posted:

Fortress Italy Goons, The Churchill is some sort of elaborate prank, on you the British player, right? :shrug:

The whole British army is an elaborate prank. :ssh:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.wargamer.com/news/decisive-campaigns-barbarossa-heads-to-steam/

:allears:

quote:

...Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa is marching straight to Steam with a full set of improvements and upgrades, included an elegant “War Diary” feature, which follows the diary of a German soldier, based on what is happening in the game, giving you an insight into how your progress and decisions reflect on the “ground level”!

Plus, the map artwork has been significantly improved to make the gameplay more realistic and immersive than ever!

Watch for DC: Barbarossa to land on Steam on April 28th

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Goddamnit there are too many things I want to buy on Steam in the next 2 months. Stellaris, Total Warhammer, Battlefleet Gothic, HOI4, and now this... :smith:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Saros posted:

I'll get emails out tonight, anyone want to drop out? I seem to have oversubscribed. If not I'll try roll up a 7p map.

I'll drop out. If kiddo keeps on like he is, I'm not going to be consistent enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

YESSSSSSS!