Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kevin Smith has an hour long review of BvS on youtube

ha ha! no thanks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

[gunman shooting up a kindergarten class, Superman crashes through school ceiling and stands in the way of the shooter]
*Cindy's brains splash her 21 year old teacher in the face as she tries to hide the children behind her as a human shield*

In slow-mo and furious guitar riffs.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hour long review of BvS

:lol:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nckdictator posted:

Aw hell, you're right.

Whoa this is real? Is there an online comic site you can read these clickbait comics for a fee?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

he gets his own shack? luxury! the high life! look at the big pot of stew!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:stare:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

whatever7 posted:

Whoa this is real? Is there an online comic site you can read these clickbait comics for a fee?

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php has a bunch of terrible Golden Age stuff for free since most of that's in the public domain. For somewhat obvious reasons there's no way in hell DC is letting scans of it's older comics go up online, which is a shame since most haven't been reprinted.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kevin Smith has an hour long review of BvS on youtube, creating what may in fact be the only thing more unwatchable than BvS itself.
Hour long reaction video to Kevin Smith's BvS review

It's all reaction videos, all the way down

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nckdictator posted:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php has a bunch of terrible Golden Age stuff for free since most of that's in the public domain. For somewhat obvious reasons there's no way in hell DC is letting scans of it's older comics go up online, which is a shame since most haven't been reprinted.

Thanks. And which series is the cheesy rear end superman comic? I don't see "Action Comic" in there.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

whatever7 posted:

Thanks. And which series is the cheesy rear end superman comic? I don't see "Action Comic" in there.

Like i said, the Superman stuff isn't online, that's just a bunch of random, public domaion junk from the same period.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Surely if there are decent res cover scans there's a decent res scan of the whole comic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know a lot of people are (rightly) saying that BVS won't hurt Civil War's Box office but I saw the trailer before BvS and again recently and was shocked at how similar the story seems, with Cap being Superman and Iron Man being Batman. I'm sure people will go see it anyway but I'm reallllllly feeling fatigue at this stage. I hated Ant Man and Avengers 2 and Civil War basically looks like Avengers 2.5 so I dunno... Will I see it ?? Probably.

BvS sucked. Peace

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It's interesting because even though Civil War has much the same plot, it will end up being a lot better just because of the establishment.

We know who Tony and Steve are, what they stand for, and why they would disagree. We're not being asked to see them come to blows because of obscure motivations in new interpretations of the characters. These are established characters who have been building to this for years.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Of course Zootopia made more money, there are substantially more kids, moms and furries than there are dc comics fans.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What Captain America and Ironman disagree on in the new movie is the Surveillance State argument. It's a more interesting and relevant topic. It was touched on in Winter Soldier and blow up in Civil War..

I still don't know what Batman and Superman were fighting for, Martha I guess?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

*bruce wayne is touring mount vernon*
"and here is the room where martha would sometimes--"
"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT"
"excuse me sir, as i was saying, george was away with the contenental army campaigning against the british, martha--"
"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME? WHY?!?!"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

we have established contact with the mar-
*batman raises fist*
-s rover after a dramatic landing on the red planet
*lowers fist*

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Zack Snyder posted:

You know, they’re both born and live in a world where someone can care about them and mourn them, and they can love their mother. And that’s the cool thing, you know we spend so much time with the Martha-Clark relationship that I think it kind of pays off there. You realize, oh, we needed that as viewers, so we could get to a moment with Batman where that moment with Martha resonates. Because we’ve lived on with Clark’s relationship with his mother, so that moment is like, “Wow, that’s ringing for me and I feel it.”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whatever7 posted:

What Captain America and Ironman disagree on in the new movie is the Surveillance State argument. It's a more interesting and relevant topic. It was touched on in Winter Soldier and blow up in Civil War..

I still don't know what Batman and Superman were fighting for, Martha I guess?

Also at least Winter Soldier sort of avoided the classic super villain trying to destroy the world plot setup.

Not to mention this approach meant more practical old school fight scenes instead of beating up CGI monsters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Italian Superman: Please! You gotta save Marie!

Italian Batman: Your mom is named Marie? My mom's name is Marie!

Entire Italian Justice League: Ayy, us too over here.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

is this an actual quote?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Pitdragon posted:

is this an actual quote?

yes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/01/interview-zack-snyder-discusses-themes-behind-batman-v-superman/2/#15498fd1232a

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Good buddies Bats and Supe watch a rerun of The Brady Bunch.

"WHY??? WHY DID SHE SAY THAT-"
"She said Marcia. Mar- sha not Martha."
"Oh. Never mind."

Two minutes later...

"WHY DID-"
"Marcia. Still Marcia."
"Sorry."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Haha. I just found out that DC is casting a different actor as the Flash and ignoring their successful TV show for maximum confusion

Say what you will about Marvel TV being various levels of red headed step children in the canon at least they aren't that dumb

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's interesting because even though Civil War has much the same plot, it will end up being a lot better just because of the establishment.

We know who Tony and Steve are, what they stand for, and why they would disagree. We're not being asked to see them come to blows because of obscure motivations in new interpretations of the characters. These are established characters who have been building to this for years.

I'd say same concept, not same plot.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
*Bruce Wayne walks into Bed Bath and Beyonce*
Salesman: Hello sir, do you need any help:
Bruce: Yes, I'm looking some new bathrugs
Salesman: Well sir, the bathrugs are right over here, I'd would recommend the Martha Stewart Coll-
Bruce: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?
Salesman: What? You mean Martha Stew-
Bruce: STOP SAYING THAT NAME
AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Salesman: SECURITY!!!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"Hey, look what came to Netflix. It's Mar-"
*clenches fist*
"-s Needs-"
*unclenches fist*
"-Moms!"
*clenches fist*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hated Ant Man and Avengers 2 and Civil War basically looks like Avengers 2.5 so I dunno... Will I see it ?? Probably.

Well Ant-Man sucking is entirely Perlmutter's fault, since he made every effort to making sure Edgar Wright, a Good Director And Writer And Funny Guy, didn't get the film of his favorite Marvel character made, leaving Competent But Not Funny Director Adam McKay to helm the project

Avengers 2 pretty much fell victim to Bridge Episode Syndrome, i.e. it had to incorporate the events of 1 while setting up the events for Civil War and 3. Props to Whedon for pulling it off even adequately.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

poisonpill posted:

"Hey, look what came to Netflix. It's Mar-"
*clenches fist*
"-s Needs-"
*unclenches fist*
"-Moms!"
*clenches fist*

lol

God that was the worst part of the movie for me, worse than Batman killing. What an absolutely stupid script choice. Did nobody stop and say "no, wait". Did Ben Affleck not say "god this is dumb?" Anyone? loving Jesus

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Well Ant-Man sucking is entirely Perlmutter's fault, since he made every effort to making sure Edgar Wright, a Good Director And Writer And Funny Guy, didn't get the film of his favorite Marvel character made, leaving Competent But Not Funny Director Adam McKay to helm the project

Avengers 2 pretty much fell victim to Bridge Episode Syndrome, i.e. it had to incorporate the events of 1 while setting up the events for Civil War and 3. Props to Whedon for pulling it off even adequately.

Peyton Reed directed Ant-Man, not Adam McKay.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I liked Ant-Man and am glad Wright got waved off since he's made some seriously poo poo movies (mostly Scott Pilgrim and Paul)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Wright didn't make Paul. That was Frost and Pegg.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Ant Man is still better than The World's End so Edgar Wright can suck it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Laderhan posted:

Peyton Reed directed Ant-Man, not Adam McKay.

that's right, my bad, McKay rewrote the script. which is also bad because it allowed him to sneak in those stupid Will Ferrell-esque :thejoke: beats

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ayn Rand posted:

Miss Taggart, do you know the hallmark of the second - rater? It's resentment of another man's achievement. ... -- . They envy achievement, and their dream of greatness is a world where all men have become their acknowledged inferiors. They don't know that that dream is infallible proof of mediocrity, because that sort of world is what the man of achievement would not be able to bear.

Oh wow, this explains Lex and Supes' incomprehensible motivations. They were completely unexplained in the movie. But to a Randian, they were completely explained. Lex is jealous, as is his nature as a lesser being.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Lotta bad facts getting thrown around in here, fellas

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

whatever7 posted:

Comixology has some of them, but I haven't seen any of the more famous covers yet.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

Lotta bad facts getting thrown around in here, fellas

nice username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why did the guy in the forbes interview keep saying not true things.

• Locked thread