Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Reverand maynard posted:

the PL guy was in PL, but got kicked because he had the tattoo.

I'd like to hear the full story here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

almighty posted:

I just checked, she does not have the bra on.

:laffo:

Dark nightsky
Apr 4, 2016

ChickenWing posted:

make a reddit account and join Karmafleet

Im not a noob ingame, so no.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

almighty posted:

:stonk:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Nietzschean posted:

I'm sure every day when you log in to do your Levels 5s you have a small existential crisis and do five hours of noneuclidean space geometry in order to determine where you should run them.

Wait, no—I assume that you've been set up in [current system] for the majority of [current year] and you just undock and go, and that you could easily tell the guy "I do X in Y, have been doing so since Z."

Your attempt to come off as some sort of wizened guru instead presents you as probably the most boring cocktease I can imagine.

sorry I didn't spoon feed another poster obsolete or incorrect information to satisfy your needs, my apologies

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dark nightsky posted:

Im not a noob ingame, so no.

there's supercarrier pilots in karmafleet, it's not a noob corp, it's a corp for people who want to be a goon but can't be in goons

you can't be in goons, so it's pretty much your only option

namaste, god bless

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

almighty posted:

hahahahahahah thats not the right answer anyone wanted.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Why are you all acting surprised? Mintchip's been on motherless for the last five years.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Nietzschean posted:

I'm sure every day when you log in to do your Levels 5s you have a small existential crisis and do five hours of noneuclidean space geometry in order to determine where you should run them.

Wait, no—I assume that you've been set up in [current system] for the majority of [current year] and you just undock and go, and that you could easily tell the guy "I do X in Y, have been doing so since Z."

Your attempt to come off as some sort of wizened guru instead presents you as probably the most boring cocktease I can imagine.

why does nonspecific (but still useful) advice bother you so much?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daruna posted:

Like don't get me wrong guys I hope beyond hope that you guys rally and stiffen your back because as it stands this war to end all wars is really disappointing I expected a lot more when it came to dismantling a hegemony that has lasted 6 years

This must be what people in Britain felt during the phony war oh my god I just made a world war two analogy gently caress

Most of the poo poo we were holding wasn't something we could have kept against even a much smaller assault. We were mainly relying on reputation to keep us safe. We have allies that literally don't use the space they owned, nor do they have the character density to hold it, that poo poo was ripe for the taking. We could technically fortress up but it would require some of the cfc alliances to forgo their current alliance identities and voltron up into another gsf sized alliance, then pick a region OR alternatively pull everyone into GSF and pick two regions. This however is untenable because then fcon would start calling themselves goons and I can't handle that.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

stop freaking out at our version of dragonstalking then

I have no idea who or what dragonstalking is so

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Daruna posted:

For someone who posts a lot in this thread you sure don't read a lot of it.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Has reddit posted thier timeline of when they're going to have all goonies unsubbed from eve in their crusade yet?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

"Posts a lot" this is the first time in five years of having this account that I have posted actively.

I see now that dragonstalking happens to be a poster but the reputation behind this poster still eludes me, and thus so does the context behind what deadtear keeps saying.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Daruna posted:

dragonstalking is a redditor who posts a bunch of dumb grr goons stuff

percelus (who you've mostly been fighting with) is a goon who posts a bunch of dumb yay goons stuff

basically it just makes you look silly when you're bickering with someone who's a complete idiot

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Ice Fist posted:

To be fair, most of it is not worth reading to begin with.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Cyrelio posted:

To be fair, most of it is not worth reading to begin with.

Harsh. But fair.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ice Fist posted:

that's a virtue not a sin

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Daruna posted:

"Posts a lot" this is the first time in five years of having this account that I have posted actively.

probably should have kept that streak going tbh

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Magres posted:

dragonstalking is a redditor who posts a bunch of dumb grr goons stuff

percelus (who you've mostly been fighting with) is a goon who posts a bunch of dumb yay goons stuff

basically it just makes you look silly when you're bickering with someone who's a complete idiot

Is there no middle ground :ohdear:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Cygni posted:

probably should have kept that streak going tbh

Nah

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Daruna posted:

Is there no middle ground :ohdear:

nah you just call percelus an idiot and move on

e: actually yeah calling percelus an idiot is the middle ground between ignoring them and trying to earnestly engage with and debate them

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

killstealing posted:

I haven't opened that thread for a long long time (because it's bad). This thread was really funny when it was mostly whimsical flames like deadtear calling anyone a spastic retard, but come on read the past few pages, so bad. Jabber and IRC are way more fun to read

As long as we are agreed the Dota thread is pure cancer we cool :)

The EVE thread was so good up until the last few pages. Lots of war updates and deadtear making fun of The Poet and dragonstalking. Alas, all good things...

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Magres posted:

nah you just call percelus an idiot and move on

I think they missed that boat a few pages back.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Percelus posted:

no the boat comes back every time because you never stop being an idiot

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The best thing about this war so far is all the blops people resubbing. The best thing about blops people resubbing was catching vince draken in our drag last night.

Percelus posted:

Dunno what you think you are achieving aside from making GBS threads up the thread to the point where it's nigh unreadable. Do that poo poo on reddit where it's already unreadable and you'll be lost in the froth, tia.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daruna posted:

I see now that dragonstalking happens to be a poster but the reputation behind this poster still eludes me, and thus so does the context behind what deadtear keeps saying.

dragonstalking hasnt prairie dogged out for the most part except itt so if you read this thread you'd be on the same page as anyone else

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

the PL guy was in PL, but got kicked because he had the tattoo.

I still want the full story.

I mean if he gets a Tattoo of the logo then he's probably loyal so what did he do to get kicked?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 5, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

I mean if he gets a Tattoo of the logo then he's probably loyal so what did he do to get kicked?

Being stupid enough to do it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
eh depends on context, like if theyve played eve for the past ten years and have been with PL for a decade, like, thats actually kinda legit

if they joined like a month before hand and got it to prove their loyalty or something stupid that's hilarious though

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What the heck is going on in here? Can we play nicer please?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
So is it safe to assume that you guys are trying to coalesce in one place before you start putting up an active resistance? If that's the case, it could be said we are actually helping you by forcing you closer and closer together by "liberating" regions.

I can't speak for other entities or even other people in PL but the faster you guys start shooting back, the better. Even if we lose, I just wanna fight :unsmith:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

DARPA posted:

I don't recall PL posting so earnestly on SA during previous wars in defense of their ehonor. What's up with the community outreach this time around?

Something to do with this really being a last chance at something before capital changes that make supers more prone to say ouch

Jump fatigue November '14... capital changes, question mark?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Venom Snake posted:

Hole Squad has actually survived because it's a small gang thing.

Hole Squad is a "wormhole corp".

Also, :laffo:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Daruna posted:

So is it safe to assume that you guys are trying to coalesce in one place before you start putting up an active resistance? If that's the case, it could be said we are actually helping you by forcing you closer and closer together by "liberating" regions.

I can't speak for other entities or even other people in PL but the faster you guys start shooting back, the better. Even if we lose, I just wanna fight :unsmith:

to make a long story short, our overriding wartime philosophy is to make absolutely sure you have as little fun as possible

if you want fun fights, we do them in your house, in our house there is only suffering and misery

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

evilweasel posted:

to make a long story short, our overriding wartime philosophy is to make absolutely sure you have as little fun as possible

if you want fun fights, we do them in your house, in our house there is only suffering and misery

haha its like the homer simpson boxing strategy

he just lets people beat the poo poo out of him until they get tired then he wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaFnANb8y30

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
just remember ben smash's rear end forever marked by dickbutt

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

What the heck is going on in here? Can we play nicer please?

who reported what

also everyone is being mostly nice i promise, it's just "there are 2 actual sides in a conflict in game and there are people taking it more seriously than others on both sides" so it sounds more hostile than it is

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

I'm fairly positive he never actually made it into PL which is why the entire thing was funny in the first place.

Edit: I'm wrong, his name was dollargeneral and he got purged for inactivity right when he posted the tattoo.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

Then we started feeding people Machs and the whole of eve made a narrative just as an excuse to come enjoy the faction battleship buffet.

• Locked thread