Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Narciss posted:

If you're not a shortsighted tribal simpleton, the degradation of democracy should worry you. Dems will probably win this presidential election, but not all of them. I'd rather not have one of our only two political parties nominating candidates based on what their donors want.

Then perhaps Republicans should stop catering to the lowest common denominator in their base.

If you're looking for people who would miss the current incarnation of the Republican Party if it dropped off the face of the Earth, you're going to be looking for a while. Me, I'd rather vote for one of two people who were at least interested in governing rather than having one party that is and one party that's going to burn everything down and piss on the ashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Alter Ego posted:

Then perhaps Republicans should stop catering to the lowest common denominator in their base.

If you're looking for people who would miss the current incarnation of the Republican Party if it dropped off the face of the Earth, you're going to be looking for a while. Me, I'd rather vote for one of two people who were at least interested in governing rather than having one party that is and one party that's going to burn everything down and piss on the ashes.

#LesserOfTwoEvils #PostingFrom1992

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
~Engaging Pivot~

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/717447922254745601

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Could it finally be time for Trump with Glasses?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
LIBERALS FOR THE LIBERAL THRONE!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If past is prologue, maybe he should emphatically NOT give policy speeches

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

he's going to go into great, graphic detail about exactly how badly he's going to waterboard these women who seek out their illegal abortions

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lol so who's writing these speeches cause we haven't been good enough to deserve a series of babbling idiot policy talks on tape

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Louisgod posted:

They can't get their moms to drive them

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Fox News is beginning to address the proposed border wall as "THE WALL" like it's YHWH or something.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

Lol so who's writing these speeches cause we haven't been good enough to deserve a series of babbling idiot policy talks on tape

Someone with a great brain, a very, very, very good brain. The best. Be not afraid.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Our policies are going to be so good that the democrats are gonna ask "why didn't i think of that?"

Thats right folks, we're going to have winning policies, policies that make sense for everyone that I love

And I really love you people! All of you!

Great policies, the best policies, thats right folks, they're coming just wait, we're going to win again

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

shiksa posted:

Write.. speeches? Like, before you give them?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Has Trump mentioned any policy so far that wasn't blatantly absurd, impossible, illegal or morally repugnant?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Three Olives posted:

Has Trump mentioned any policy so far that wasn't blatantly absurd, impossible, illegal or morally repugnant?

Um winning I guess

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Three Olives posted:

I liked when he said he'd go after hedge funds, so, there's one

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Remember the Florida debate where everyone took bits and pieces of Trump's insane policies and tried to make them their own?

Its Trump's party now and all those poop butts are just living in it.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Louisgod posted:

Write.. speeches? Like, before you give them?

Real men have people write down their speeches as they give them, for history!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

William Bear posted:

Fox News is beginning to address the proposed border wall as "THE WALL" like it's YHWH or something.

Has the President been trash-talking the actually bad GOP candidates as well, or is he limiting himself to bitch-sniping at Trump like your average D&D poster?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Montasque posted:

If we are riding a horse named narrative late April is all Trump. He's on track to getting most or all of NY's delegates and will most likely win big in the NE states. That's 267 delegates, most will go his way.

Cruz won't get another victory until maybe Indiana or Nebraska.

It won't be easy but Trump is still the only one able to reach the magic number - after late April it will become mathematically impossible for Cruz to win clean.

Cruz has Nebraska in the bag. Indiana is a tough sell because while Parks & Rec has shown me how midwesternish the state is, it's surrounded on all sides by Trump states. And I'm counting Ohio as a Trump state if Kasich not in the race. Just some rough math though with my best guesses shows Trump coming to the convention with somewhere between 1175 and 1225 delegates, especially with Cruz behind the scenes stealing delegates. I think at this point there is at worst a 50/50 shot at a GOP contested convention.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

rip baloogan

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Three Olives posted:

Has Hillary mentioned any policy that is anything other than morally repugnant and not only possible but almost certain

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

Has the President been trash-talking the actually bad GOP candidates as well, or is he limiting himself to bitch-sniping at Trump like your average D&D poster?

to be fair, him and trump have a bit of history

the whole birther thing, remembere

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump allegation? Hearsay? Third-party quotation? Of the day.

quote:

This case had originated in part from one employee, who told the government that he was instructed to mark rental applications from blacks with the letter “C” for “colored,” and that “he did this every time a black person applied for an apartment,” according to an affidavit from Goldweber. The employee said he didn’t want to be identified in the case because “he was afraid that the Trumps would have him ‘knocked off,’ or words to that effect, because he told me about their allegedly discriminatory practices,” according to the affidavit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4160_story.html

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this is gonna be some must see tee vee

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Three Olives posted:

Noted Gay Man Three Olives should be able to see the merits of banning the immigration of adherents to an ideology that scripturally and consistently desires your death. Not being catty here, if I were a gay person I'd be genuinely concerned about the U.S. becoming like Eurabia in 30 years. Where this unholy alliance of LGBT and Islam came from, I will never know.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Zelder posted:

to be fair, him and trump have a bit of history

the whole birther thing, remembere

I remember the Hillary campaign being a big part of the birther thing, too. Is he, uh, forgetting his history on that or ?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

rakovsky maybe posted:

Haha compare these two losers to the healthy, well-fed, male-voiced Trump supporter in that video and a lot of the psychosexual drama behind American politics becomes clear.

Actually the insecure masculinity of Trump and his supporters and their blatant compensation is much more revealing.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Maoist Pussy posted:

He actually did also mention Cruz today, saying that his policies were just as "draconian" as Trump's.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im shouting THE WAAAALL like Sly Stallone in the the 95 Judge Dredd film

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I think the next two primary dates are going to be Trumps possible sweep but Delaware had not been polled and Connecticut's last poll was October 2015.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

I remember the Hillary campaign being a big part of the birther thing, too. Is he, uh, forgetting his history on that or ?

well i don't know man, do you think hillary and trump handled this in the same way?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yeah, I remember when she went on TV and demanded Obama produce his birth certificate and that she's donate millions to charity once he did. Also, when she worked with America's Sheriff and his Posse.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Narciss posted:

Noted Gay Man Three Olives should be able to see the merits of banning the immigration of adherents to an ideology that scripturally and consistently desires your death. Not being catty here, if I were a gay person I'd be genuinely concerned about the U.S. becoming like Eurabia in 30 years. Where this unholy alliance of LGBT and Islam came from, I will never know.

It's an alliance against Christians. Which in countries that are majority bible bangers makes sense.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ahahaha. I can't wait to hear the technical explanation for how we'll make those filthy browns pay for the wall.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If there is a god...

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Alter Ego posted:

filthy browns

Why do you do this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
rip maoist pussy
martyred by the mods

Narciss posted:

serious answer

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/

• Locked thread