Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Three Olives posted:

Has Trump mentioned any policy so far that wasn't blatantly absurd, impossible, illegal or morally repugnant?

Well he has moved on from any rational proposals but I think once he proposed hedge fund income be taxed at the same rate as regular income so Mitt got his God approved panties in a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I don't know that someone from Texas tried to gently caress a hooker is exactly damning evidence against Cruz.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
wow way to try to be more unfun than fishmech there

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Narciss posted:

Noted Gay Man Three Olives should be able to see the merits of banning the immigration of adherents to an ideology that scripturally and consistently desires your death. Not being catty here, if I were a gay person I'd be genuinely concerned about the U.S. becoming like Eurabia in 30 years. Where this unholy alliance of LGBT and Islam came from, I will never know.

Lol shut the gently caress up you bigoted shithead.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

politicians spend 2/3rd their time begging for donations. hard to pin weird phonecalls on them

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Narciss posted:

Noted Gay Man Three Olives should be able to see the merits of banning the immigration of adherents to an ideology that scripturally and consistently desires your death. Not being catty here, if I were a gay person I'd be genuinely concerned about the U.S. becoming like Eurabia in 30 years. Where this unholy alliance of LGBT and Islam came from, I will never know.

only if we ban christians too

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
This is going to be like the KKK "leak" where some guy who said the n-word once lived with a person who sent a politician a donation, therefore the politician is a KKK member.

(I desperately hope for Cuban Mistress Crisis to be real but I've been hurt before.)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Cruz has Nebraska in the bag. Indiana is a tough sell because while Parks & Rec has shown me how midwesternish the state is, it's surrounded on all sides by Trump states. And I'm counting Ohio as a Trump state if Kasich not in the race. Just some rough math though with my best guesses shows Trump coming to the convention with somewhere between 1175 and 1225 delegates, especially with Cruz behind the scenes stealing delegates. I think at this point there is at worst a 50/50 shot at a GOP contested convention.

Indiana is weird. We've got big swaths of rural podunks like you'd expect, and tiny (one stoplight) to midsize (Anderson) towns that are well within the iron grip of movement conservatism. The problem is all the college towns scattered around in the rural parts that are solidly blue, and the fact that most of the population is still in the middle and far north, both areas that are solidly blue. Combine that with the suburbs becoming growingly uneasy with Pence (I suspect - no polling has been done yet to c/d) and we may see some backlash in Indiana where the majority of people embrace neither Trump nor Cruz in the general.

As for the primary, I think Trump wins Indiana based on two things I predict will happen:

1) cornfed religious weirdos vote less emphatically for Cruz because of the Carson endorsement, and split a bit
2) suburbanites who fear change and have family in Ohio that like Kasich will split the rest of the non-Trump vote

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/717451616794910720

How many of the eight sitting justices do you think Ben Carson can name?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

tinstaach posted:

sleepy, dopey, doc, grumpy... uhhh

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
He knows Clarence Thomas because neither of them speak unless their white masters let them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I wanna see some SC Trump/Clinton polls. Lets turn that eastern seaboard blue

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

tinstaach posted:

Before he falls asleep? Not too many I bet.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

He knows Clarence Thomas because neither of them speak unless their white masters let them.

wow

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

that phone list screenshot has been floating around for a long while. nothing's come of it... yet

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana is weird.

Suburbs will probably go Trump, but the bible thumpers will be full on hard on Cruz unless the jailing abortion women thing works to convince them Trump is not a NY devil.

Pence being a total rear end in a top hat though will probably bring out a ton of people thinking voting in the Democratic primary somehow gets rid of him. (It doesn't).

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I liked when he said he'd go after hedge funds, so, there's one

That's one that's never going to happen, though. If Trump were to win, he'd almost certainly be delegating all decision-making to underlings, probably to a greater degree than most presidents, and since all of those underlings would probably be Republicans...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Narciss posted:

I remember when Muslims used to vote majority Republican until Republicans started in with the clash of civilization dogwhistles after 9/11. I think a lot of Muslims in the United States learned that it is not fun being a persecuted minority and started to vote for Democrats. Intolerant Muslims don't really have a voice in the national Democratic party, just like a lot of intolerant devout black Christians for instance. Not so coincidentally, these groups that vote for Democrats become more tolerant over time as do their elected officials.

That's where the so called unholy alliance comes from. Republicans being too bigoted to welcome other intolerant religions or even intolerant people that share their religion but not their skin color into their party.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Narciss posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is such a weird viewpoint to take. There's no evidence that Muslim immigrants into the U.S. are pushing for anti-gay legislation.:psyduck:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

BeOSPOS posted:

that phone list screenshot has been floating around for a long while. nothing's come of it... yet

It's literally nothing.

Most members of congress spend at least 4 hours of calling people for money each day.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I think this might be fake... Jeb's name is missing the !

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Suburbs will probably go Trump, but the bible thumpers will be full on hard on Cruz unless the jailing abortion women thing works to convince them Trump is not a NY devil.

Pence being a total rear end in a top hat though will probably bring out a ton of people thinking voting in the Democratic primary somehow gets rid of him. (It doesn't).

A lot of the anti-Pencers have a clear path to how to oust him, not that Gregg is doing much beyond asking questions as far as I can tell. I'm unsure about what the Democratic primary turnout will be like but I'm stone cold certain it's going to be nuts come time for the general. I don't like the chances of a lot of our legislature if Trump is on the ticket and encourages lots of people to come out and vote straight ticket Democratic

Also, John Gregg (the dude running against Pence) has a fine moustache which will no doubt sway the Parks and Rec voters

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

BeOSPOS posted:

The excitement is dead.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

No "Low Energy" option? For shame, CNN pollsters.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Missing third option for "A Big Fat Mistake"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

How, exactly, does that essay support your (or Narciss') argument in any way, shape, or form?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BeOSPOS posted:

When he dropped out, he changed it to a question mark. Even he can't justify his own existence, poor boy.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pIrNvog0o

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I miss Jeb.

I kind of want him to become the winner of the brokered convention for that weird "there and back again" feel

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Nearly half of GOP voters want someone with experience in politics, close to as high as it’s been so far this election cycle.

Goodnight Donny :saddowns:

Hope you can get like 9 delegates. Cruz must be humiliated.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

airhorns are art

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I miss Jeb.

I kind of want him to become the winner of the brokered convention for that weird "there and back again" feel

HAHA that would be epic. I could totally see it going bad for Hillary, yelling at Jeb? during a debate and Jeb? looking all sad and flustered.

"Gee Mrs. Clinton, we don't have to raise our voices now do we? I'm just trying to do whats good for this country. Me and my mom, you know the former first lady of the United States, talked about this last night. She told me to take a stand against you and by god I will! Shame on you. SHAME. Please clap?"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Only 32% of Wisconsin voters are angry at Washington.

I have no idea what that means for Ted Cruz OR Donald Trump, but I don't think its good?

Maybe?

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Exit polls:

65% republicans
29% independents
6% democrats

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I miss Jeb.

Seeing Jeb lose another campaign would be nirvana. The problem is he's one of the more electable Republicans, or was originally. But after Trump pantsed him, and after a hypothetical nomination theft, it may cause record low Republican turnout.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

Only 32% of Wisconsin voters are angry at Washington.

I have no idea what that means for Ted Cruz OR Donald Trump, but I don't think its good?

Maybe?

It means buckle up.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wait is Wisconsin today? poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I almost slept on that Politico article about Trump's staff and missed this:

quote:

Neither Braynard nor Lewandowski commented when asked whether Braynard left of his own accord or was fired. Sources say his top lieutenant in the campaign’s data shop, a former RNC data engineer named Witold Chrabaszcz, was elevated at least temporarily to run the team. Chrabaszcz, who goes by “Vito,” declined to comment. While he is regarded as a savvy manipulator of data, he’s largely unknown in the tight-knit world of GOP data strategists. He seldom worked on political strategy at the RNC and mostly interacted with the party’s other data engineers, a group known as the “basement dwellers.”

Braynard’s departure has left some on the campaign unable to access some of its files. Some of his team’s duties have fallen to a young staffer named Ashton Adams, according to another person close to the campaign. Adams graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 2015 with a marketing degree and joined the campaign in November, according to her LinkedIn profile.

So Vito's running the numbers while a marketing undergrad tries to hack the Gibson.

• Locked thread