Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

"wew lad" is another one that can get hosed. I don't know where the gently caress it came from but it I blame mittani/you guys for exposing me to it.

I did a pretty good job at murder loving that Mae Mae on slack. Wow lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Nietzschean posted:

Is this just the M-O fight or did we have a history of strat FCs welping machariels prior to that?

CO2 was doing a pretty good job of welping Machs, and occasionally not welping them, in Lonetrek against RUS before all this started.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Dark nightsky posted:

Im not a noob ingame, so no.

That one is cute. He can be interceptor pilot #2883.

Venom Snake posted:

There's a bit of a war on back home at the moment.

Mama said home is where the heart is

And j102055 is safe, guys.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I think it's fine to express your viewpoint and retort someone else's without acting like you're on xbox live. I don't really like it when people tell other people to kill themselves even online because you know, some people have deeper psychological issues that telling them to "harden the gently caress up" won't fix, thanks. namaste.

If there are people like that who are on the verge of hurting themselves over someone saying The Wrong Thing in their presence then they probably shouldn't be on the internet v0v

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Venom Snake posted:

Hole Squad has actually survived because it's a small gang thing.

Venom Snake posted:

There's a bit of a war on back home at the moment.

That's all well and good, but let's not hold up HV as a small gang WH pvp paradise that hasn't killed one thing in WH space in the past week.

And frankly any corp that is led in kills by one Tolstoy Pleres-Kai needs to rethink calling itself a "pvp corp". Shameful.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Eonwe posted:

EVE brings out the absolute worst in anyone who plays it

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I don't particular like people telling others to kill themselves. Surely there are more intelligent ways of disagreeing without resorting to just that? Otherwise the person saying it just seems childish and not worth listening to.

I don't disagree but I also don't agree with people being so overly sensitive that everyone else should avoid stepping on toes for their sake.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daruna posted:

If there are people like that who are on the verge of hurting themselves over someone saying The Wrong Thing in their presence then they probably shouldn't be on the internet v0v

:yikes:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dr. Pangloss posted:

And frankly any corp that is led in kills by one Tolstoy Pleres-Kai needs to rethink calling itself a "pvp corp". Shameful.

:stonk:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you could change "shouldn't be on the internet" to literally anywhere or anything else, but if someone is in a bad way, its probably not good to say

im guilty of it, I think most people here are, but you probs shouldn't defend saying hosed up stuff like that, IMO

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dude has 72 all time posts, 71 of which are on the eve thread today. think he knows a little somethin about mental illness.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

YouTuber posted:

Edit: I'm wrong, his name was dollargeneral and he got purged for inactivity right when he posted the tattoo.

So he went "hey guys I'm back" and the Endie endorsed "No mad" policy kicked in and he rejoined right after?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

MorsAnima posted:

That one is cute. He can be interceptor pilot #2883.

Mama said home is where the heart is

And j102055 is safe, guys.

Ha. You guys aren't interested in grinding 50+ towers in subcaps? Shocker.

I'm sure there are people out there that hate themselves enough to do that, actually. :saddowns:

Edit: i feel like this comes across a lot more :smug: than intended. just fyi :tipshat:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Cygni posted:

dude has 72 all time posts, 71 of which are on the eve thread today. think he knows a little somethin about mental illness.

What

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Ha. You guys aren't interested in grinding 50+ towers in subcaps? Shocker.

I'm sure there are people out there that hate themselves enough to do that, actually. :saddowns:

Lyris posts in this thread. I got probated once because a goon swore I was ruining his fun by saying shooting pos is boring. GSF 2013.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Lyris posts in this thread. I got probated once because a goon swore I was ruining his fun by saying shooting pos is boring. GSF 2013.

Hello friend how are you.

Also what the actual gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

please don't make 71 posts in the EVE thread today if one of them is going to be about how it is infact, good for people to be told that they should kill themselves

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Like all of the siege fleets literally had "COME GET YOU SOME TOWER KILLMAILS!!!" as part of the broadcast and people were mega excited about shooting towers in bombers. Literally loving bizzaro world compared to say 2010-11-12 where boat would claim titans were tackled just to get us to undock.

I'd say you don't really understand the modern swarm, but neither do I so.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Eonwe posted:

please don't make 71 posts in the EVE thread today if one of them is going to be about how it is infact, good for people to be told that they should kill themselves

Don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say it was good I said stop being so overdramatic and seek actual professional help if you're that far down in the dumps

Or is telling people to go sort their poo poo out somehow taboo now

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

That's all well and good, but let's not hold up HV as a small gang WH pvp paradise that hasn't killed one thing in WH space in the past week.

Before that WH kills did happen, so I don't really think it's honest to say that HV is bad/dead/not doing it's job because we didn't ignore the call to arms. And considering how many HV people are FC's It would be pretty lovely to just kinda hang out in Goku.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I'm number five :downs:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Why does the CFC think that MWD tech 3's (called BeardFleet right?) are a good idea? This isn't the first time they've welped and I'm not sure I've seen a BR where they haven't actually.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daruna posted:

Don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say it was good I said stop being so overdramatic and seek actual professional help if you're that far down in the dumps

Or is telling people to go sort their poo poo out somehow taboo now

Shut up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

instead make 71 posts in the eve thread today telling people they're dumb, for huffing farts and only posting in the eve thread :smuggo:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Like all of the siege fleets literally had "COME GET YOU SOME TOWER KILLMAILS!!!" as part of the broadcast and people were mega excited about shooting towers in bombers. Literally loving bizzaro world compared to say 2010-11-12 where boat would claim titans were tackled just to get us to undock.

I'd say you don't really understand the modern swarm, but neither do I so.

I don't see the point of lying to my supposed space friends and valued allies just to get more dudes in a fleet they don't want to be in. :shrug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

instead make 71 posts in the eve thread today telling people they're dumb, for huffing farts and only posting in the eve thread :smuggo:

most of my posts lately are in the star citizen thread, so I've got you beaten in bad decisions

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no thats ur job deadtear

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

Why does the CFC think that MWD tech 3's (called BeardFleet right?) are a good idea? This isn't the first time they've welped and I'm not sure I've seen a BR where they haven't actually.

Don't look at me, we've always been most successful with the doctrines that have the least number of buttons to press.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't know, I get a case of the concerns when people repeatedly joke about slavs, jews and black people

That's not cool or good in my opinion, even though this is the hurf thread

:shrug:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

I don't see the point of lying to my supposed space friends and valued allies just to get more dudes in a fleet they don't want to be in. :shrug:

I think you missed the thrust of that post. If someone had yelled "Lets go get some tower killmails" in 2012 everyone would have just dragged their ratting payouts tab over the fleet find window and pretend they had jabber turned off. One guy in a leftover domi would show up.

This would cause boat to instead broadcast "Hostile titans bubbled!" and people would go "Hey I want to kill a titan!" then we'd show up and the titan suspiciously looked like a large gallente pos.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

WOW :eyepop:.

Rude.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think you missed the thrust of that post. If someone had yelled "Lets go get some tower killmails" in 2012 everyone would have just dragged their ratting payouts tab over the fleet find window and pretend they had jabber turned off.

I was playing in gsf since 2010, and I remember people hating boat lying about it. I recall that 2012 pos shot with welpfleet hurricanes, too. Less than a year rolls around and I'm getting 100-200 nerds in stealth bombers all day erryday to shot pos. I have no idea what changed or why, but it happened pretty quick if it was some sort of cultural shift.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Titan tackled. Bring 10k T1 ammo!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This made me laugh quite a bit. Thank you!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't know, I get a case of the concerns when people repeatedly joke about slavs, jews and black people

That's not cool or good in my opinion, even though this is the hurf thread

:shrug:

Well you see its okay because I am a black Jewish slav so I can say these things~~

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

I was playing in gsf since 2010, and I remember people hating boat lying about it. I recall that 2012 pos shot with hurricanes, too. And then a year rolls around and I'm getting 100-200 nerds in stealth bombers all day erryday to shot pos. I have no idea what changed or why, but it happened pretty quick if it was some sort of cultural shift.

He lied about it just to get people there. I view shooting a dickstar in subcaps as a form of punishment for something I did wrong in a past life.

Syndic Thrass posted:

Titan tackled. Bring 10k T1 ammo!

Syndic knows.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

This made me laugh quite a bit. Thank you!

beautiful

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

So he went "hey guys I'm back" and the Endie endorsed "No mad" policy kicked in and he rejoined right after?

He's free to rejoin whenever he wants. He just has to reapply. He's purged from the EVE services, the guy can hang out on IRC and the Other games mumble for the rest of eternity if he is so inclined.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Syndic Thrass posted:

Well you see its okay because I am a black Jewish slav so I can say these things~~

Your ban within 24 hours of joining the SomethingAwful forums would beg to differ. :smuggo:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

YouTuber posted:

He's free to rejoin whenever he wants. He just has to reapply. He's purged from the EVE services, the guy can hang out on IRC and the Other games mumble for the rest of eternity if he is so inclined.

Hey buddy I saw you in eve online last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

I think you missed the thrust of that post. If someone had yelled "Lets go get some tower killmails" in 2012 everyone would have just dragged their ratting payouts tab over the fleet find window and pretend they had jabber turned off. One guy in a leftover domi would show up.

This would cause boat to instead broadcast "Hostile titans bubbled!" and people would go "Hey I want to kill a titan!" then we'd show up and the titan suspiciously looked like a large gallente pos.

Tower mails are useful to trick yourself into thinking your corp directors won't see you trying to trick them into thinking you're active toward the end of a purge cycle

Man that was confusing to type

• Locked thread