Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Solidus posted:

my boss moved to germany and he said the first thing he saw when he got off the train into the city was cameron carpenter posters covering every wall in the train station

hahahaha omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cool boss

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
my boss could see the same thing if she moved to germany and shed still be a complete lovely idiot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would she be cool enough to know about Lord Cam Carp tho

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

maybe i'm misundersting something but what exactly does that dude do with organ music that is so revolutionary besides playing it with glittery shoes. the actual music in that video just sounds like normal classical organ music

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
He tours with it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
he made an organ thats like a Line6 guitar amp and plays "broken merry-go-round" music with it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Besson posted:

He tours with it?

:confused: and? plenty of organists have toured before. Tourable electronic organs have been around for decades

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Earwicker posted:

:confused: and? plenty of organists have toured before. Tourable electronic organs have been around for decades

he drinks a gallon of milk a day and makes his own shoes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
full circle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NsIkpVzeY

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Earwicker posted:

maybe his is bigger

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Earwicker posted:

I honestly don't know he just emphasises the "touring organ" so aggressively I assumed this was a big deal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's a turing organ, it actually plays itself

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
no its an orang utan

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://w0bm.com/b/1448915602.webm

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's a turing organ, it actually plays itself

it's impossible to tell if it's a robot or a human behind the facade

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
I thought this was linked somewhere here before but couldn't find it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1aGPeqWNFw&t=219s

That movie about him should be directed by Christopher Guest

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
there are cameron carpenter interview clips on spotify and in one of them he pronounces radio "rah-dio"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Earwicker posted:

It's not your grandad's touring organ

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
I wanna say that its a german thing, germans love organ music still
but he is from western PA, and people around here are weird like germans

Seltzer posted:

i wonder what the term for organ audiophile is

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Elrobot posted:

I thought this was linked somewhere here before but couldn't find it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1aGPeqWNFw&t=219s

that lady has a show on German tv its a pretty good show

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Chinatown posted:

he made an organ thats like a Line6 guitar amp and plays "broken merry-go-round" music with it

MAME cabinet

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
i think i said this some other place before but once when I took a psych test one of the questions (preceded and followed by questions like, "do you ever envision your limbs rotting off your body? have you ever believed that your insides were dissolving?") was the question: have you ever enjoyed organ music? i'm still not sure that it was a control question

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Zesty Mordant posted:

i think i said this some other place before but once when I took a psych test one of the questions (preceded and followed by questions like, "do you ever envision your limbs rotting off your body? have you ever believed that your insides were dissolving?") was the question: have you ever enjoyed organ music? i'm still not sure that it was a control question

Lol

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Zesty Mordant posted:

hhahahahah

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Zesty Mordant posted:

lol [marks 'yes']

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Zesty Mordant posted:

lmao

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
yes to all of those quesitons

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I said yes because I enjoyed the phantom of the opera soundtrack asa child but on their second review they seemed mainly concerned with the fact that i brushed my teeth with my left hand despite being right-handed and I was dropped from the study

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Clavavisage posted:

I wonder what the term for organ audiophile is

Right? The thing that bugs me about camcarp is, you'd think someone who's this into Church organs would pooh-pooh the idea of an entirely digital, sample-based instrument - no matter how good the samples, how well-tuned the PA, it's not the same as real bellows and pipes.

I mean I don't give a poo poo and I think the instrument is cool as gently caress but I would expect any kind of 'organ purist' to be really into the analog aspect of the instrument as well. You know, the reason it's called an 'organ'.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
you know i got an organ that i like....right HERE hahhahhahahahahahgagagahahahaha!
*phantom of the opera pleays*

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Right? The thing that bugs me about camcarp is, you'd think someone who's this into Church organs would pooh-pooh the idea of an entirely digital, sample-based instrument - no matter how good the samples, how well-tuned the PA, it's not the same as real bellows and pipes.

I mean I don't give a poo poo and I think the instrument is cool as gently caress but I would expect any kind of 'organ purist' to be really into the analog aspect of the instrument as well. You know, the reason it's called an 'organ'.

He's never tried to come off as a purist. His iconic t shirt says it all.

Does he really give a poo poo about some pipes? No. Guy lays pipe, drinks a gallon of milk and tears out in his milk truck Mercedes.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

how many sequins you got on your rig

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

b0red posted:

He's never tried to come off as a purist. His iconic t shirt says it all.

Does he really give a poo poo about some pipes? No. Guy lays pipe, drinks a gallon of milk and tears out in his milk truck Mercedes.

oh word?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMQ8IN5-Bs

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Chinatown posted:

you know i got an organ that i like....right HERE hahhahhahahahahahgagagahahahaha!
*phantom of the opera pleays*

Nice GBS post you've made

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

I think his hair is funny

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Never heard of this guy before this thread, but i've always said that the pipe organ scene could use an outsider bad boy character to shake things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
his version of piazzolla's oblivion is very good.

• Locked thread