Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Technowolf posted:

New leaks from the updated Black Legion supplement. Some good things, a good idea on how to do god numbers right, and an attempt to make Possessed not suck.

Oh cool, there's a formation that gets to declare a WAAAGH! That being said these rules are more like what I was hoping formations would be like - sensible bonuses for taking fluffy units without giving you free poo poo or breaking the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Oh cool, there's a formation that gets to declare a WAAAGH! That being said these rules are more like what I was hoping formations would be like - sensible bonuses for taking fluffy units without giving you free poo poo or breaking the game.

Oh poo poo these new possessed rules may actually make them worth taking. I5 and Rending is a hell of a bonus.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
If Black Legion is getting decent updates and Formation rules (not great, but decent) this makes me vaguely hopeful for Crimson Slaughter, which I preferred.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It doesn't look real. It's trivial to edit an Ebook, and it doesn't read like a GW publication. I'd like to see some images or something that would be harder to forge.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
It really speaks volumes about this company that the first reaction some have to interesting or restrained rules is "it's a fake".

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I honestly don't remember the last time that I saw a leaked image that was fake. The rumor/leak mill around the game is usually pretty on-point once they get to the point of having screenshots. It's possible, but the rules read as fluffy and not especially overpowered so I'd say that's CSM to a tee.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It doesn't look real. It's trivial to edit an Ebook, and it doesn't read like a GW publication. I'd like to see some images or something that would be harder to forge.

The screenshots aren't of the ebook version, they're of the iOS version. Those tend to have different layouts and have pop-ups for the rules.

PierreTheMime posted:

If Black Legion is getting decent updates and Formation rules (not great, but decent) this makes me vaguely hopeful for Crimson Slaughter, which I preferred.

We'll almost certainly see Kranon's Helguard as one of them (from the previously-released Dataslate), and I'll be surprised if we don't see at least one of the Helbrute formations reprinted.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 5, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PierreTheMime posted:

I honestly don't remember the last time that I saw a leaked image that was fake. The rumor/leak mill around the game is usually pretty on-point once they get to the point of having screenshots. It's possible, but the rules read as fluffy and not especially overpowered so I'd say that's CSM to a tee.

The last fake image I remember was the upcoming robot for 6th edition Space Marines, which was an anime robot photoshopped blue and put on an oval base.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

SRM posted:

The last fake image I remember was the upcoming robot for 6th edition Space Marines, which was an anime robot photoshopped blue and put on an oval base.

Please tell me this was it. And then please tell me BoLS/Natfka fell for it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PantsOptional posted:

Yep, that's the one, and yep, BaLLS and Naftkfafa at least posted it, I don't know if they exactly fell for it though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Scopedog for lyfe.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
I just picked up my first pieces - a beginner pack for the Space Wolves - and my first Codex (same faction.)

I've never played 40k before but I'm ready to get my rear end laz'd. I just need more troops.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I'm sorry.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Flee while you can.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Anasurimbur posted:

I just picked up my first pieces - a beginner pack for the Space Wolves - and my first Codex (same faction.)

I've never played 40k before but I'm ready to get my rear end laz'd. I just need more troops.
Welcome to The Fang, brother! Pull up a chair and have a tankard of ale! It's time we taught whelps like you a thing or two.

For real though, I hope you dig em. The Space Wolves have some awesome models and strong rules, and in my experience have been a fun army to play, although it's been a while since I ran them. Do you have friends who play or just a store nearby or what?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Talked to a local guy about buying his old 'nids army for stupid dirt cheap, I'm pretty excited. I was going to look into picking up some nids after I completed my CSM army, I got the 'nid codex already, but now I may do nids first since CSM is in such a weird spot competitively and I've never played nids before but I've definitely fielded lots of MEQs.

These battle reports are epic, but I have to point out, nobody mentioned ... look at those loving eldar bikes on the floor! Holy poo poo that is an AWESOME paint scheme. Checkered racing gradient? :vince:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Zaphod42 posted:

These battle reports are epic, but I have to point out, nobody mentioned ... look at those loving eldar bikes on the floor! Holy poo poo that is an AWESOME paint scheme. Checkered racing gradient? :vince:

1988 called. They want their color scheme back.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

SRM posted:

Welcome to The Fang, brother! Pull up a chair and have a tankard of ale! It's time we taught whelps like you a thing or two.

For real though, I hope you dig em. The Space Wolves have some awesome models and strong rules, and in my experience have been a fun army to play, although it's been a while since I ran them. Do you have friends who play or just a store nearby or what?

I've survived the test of Morkai, brother wolf.

My brother is huge into 40k, 30k and Warmachine and a regular contributor to here. He and a few friends from a nearby town (Kansas City area) have pushed me into the game after years of trying. I'm excited. I love 40k lore and I'm a huge fan of Dark Heresy / Ravenor / Gaunt's Ghosts.

I was waffling between the Space Wolves and the Techpriests and will likely end up getting into both but I was sold once I saw this:

and learned more about their Norse-ness I knew they were the best first choice. And I got a pretty good deal on a beginner pack for them.

I'll take any advice one can give - starting troops, game-types to play, etc. I'm diving in.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can't give much advice for Space Wolves in particular, but I'd stick to the standard CAD for now rather than mess around with any of the fancy detachments.

Get yourself another box of Grey Hunters and maybe some form of vehicle and have a couple of games of around 1000pts to get used to the rules and feel of the game. I don't think there's any serious trap choices for Space Wolves, so from there just go with whatever units float your boat.

Stick to the regular mission sets, only go into Maelstrom missions when you're more comfortable (and when you get the datacards, the objectives in Maelstrom are a pain to keep track of without them).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the 30k Leman Russ model to be released and he's just riding around in this thing.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Any thoughts on the Stormlance list I tossed up a page back?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
SW are the greatest chapter of all time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I tried to find that picture of the Space Wolf in a diaper, but I quickly gave up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Safety Factor posted:

I can't wait for the 30k Leman Russ model to be released and he's just riding around in this thing.

Look, if leman russ has a chariot I would accept nothing less than a chariot being pulled by a column of Leman Russ Tanks. Of course Pask is Rudolph.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Speaking of Leman Russ, here's my looted one that I'll be running as a Battlewagon:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tabletop Gaming has a White Male Terrorism Problem

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also anyone up for a DC area warham slam in May?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

“You sound drunk. Were you drinking? I’m not filing a report for some drunken slut.” The officer hangs up.

“Find another hobby or you’re going to die.”

Sorryformybadjokes fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 6, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The title of that post is kind of alarmist but it's unfortunately no secret that gaming's largely a boys club thanks to its marketing, and a lot of assholes want to keep it that way.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Nerds are terrible people and you shouldn't interact with them in any way ever imo

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

The entire "article" is a poorly written fever dream. I'm amazed anybody can take it the least bit seriously.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Full Circle posted:

The entire "article" is a poorly written fever dream. I'm amazed anybody can take it the least bit seriously.

Tell me more.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I mean, I think anyone who isn't a complete goon has heard at least one woman say something along the lines of, "I'd never play if my boyfriend/friend wasn't with me" or "I don't feel comfortable" when it comes to Warhammer and game groups.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
That article wasn't what I thought it would be at all. I'll be the first to point out that Adepticon was the whitest, shaggiest, and heaviest sausage fest I've ever been to, and 7 years of WoW along with time in the military has shown me just how gross people can be when they think they are surrounded by like company. Not a drill goes by where I don't get in an argument about women in the infantry these days. This all being said these stories about out and out rape jokes with multiple witnesses and constant sexual assault seem more the MO of people in the military, not shy bashful nerds who are forced to suffer a woman in their midst as they awkwardly pretend she doesn't exist.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Anasurimbur wolf-child is my brother. I didn't make any argument for picking space wolves, but I think it's a good pick. At least from a modeling point of view, they have some of the best support from GW and from a rules point of view probably the best of the non-codex compliant chapters. (And now he can build a bark-star.)

Ultimately, he chose on the basis of the wolf-drawn space sled.

--

Since GW is in the mood to print some of the online exclusive codex content, I'd like them to put the assassins and inquisition stuff in print form. I much prefer real books to looking things up on the ipad.

quote:

military, not shy bashful nerds who are forced to suffer a woman in their midst as they awkwardly pretend she doesn't exist.

I'd say the problem is one of "any collection of dudes who think they have behavioral immunity and whose social group rewards jackassery" - whether its computer games, military, karate class, or table-top.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 6, 2016

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Sure am

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I could be down.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I might be convinced to join. Whereabouts in the "DC area" are we talking? Virginia side? Maryland side? DC Proper?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Here are some Black Legion leaks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I saw those too. Unless I'm missing something everything in Warlord Traits and Artefacts is exactly the same as it was in the previous version (no surprises, really).

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 6, 2016

• Locked thread