Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

RhoA posted:

WOW :eyepop:.

Rude.

:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

This made me laugh quite a bit. Thank you!

:same:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
to be fair, the EVE thread is a bunch of shitbirds

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Your ban within 24 hours of joining the SomethingAwful forums would beg to differ. :smuggo:

Yeah I went "Hey these gf forums are p cool I'll join that SA thing, that'd prolly be cool too"

That's how I learned SA wasn't cool with people dropping hard Rs

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daruna posted:

Tower mails are useful to trick yourself into thinking your corp directors won't see you trying to trick them into thinking you're active toward the end of a purge cycle

Man that was confusing to type

Brother I'm not one of the proles, all I have to do to not get purged is log in every once in a while and keep my API poo poo updated.

EDIT: I think that's a big part of the divide when they say 20k man alliance GOON SWARM FEDERATION. Like at any given time a good chunk of that poo poo is people awaiting purge. I hadn't been active since fountain/delve last year till just now and I hadn't been purged yet.

Also at various points I've had 2-3 characters in corp who only existed to act as mentor cache handout dudes while I was off in the boonies with my actual combat capable characters.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 5, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

He lied about it just to get people there. I view shooting a dickstar in subcaps as a form of punishment for something I did wrong in a past life.

Syndic knows.

I also know. But why? Just a few months after the timeline you're describing (2013 vs 2012), I never once lied to get mans into fleet to shot pos. Culture does not change that fast.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Eonwe posted:

a bunch of shitbirds

pretty good fleet doctrine name for somebody

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Nietzschean posted:

I also know. But why? Just a few months after the timeline you're describing (2013 vs 2012), I never once lied to get mans into fleet to shot pos. Culture does not change that fast.

Probably has to do with it being torp bombers. Bigger damage numbers being shown probably tickle that MMO part of the brain a bit.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cygni posted:

pretty good fleet doctrine name for somebody

agree

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

<3

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

Actually it kinda did. Couch CFC and NC vs DRF era GSF was kind of a different animal than the sov warfare monster that purged TEST. Remember the CFC didn't even really come together till the old NC was dead. And the purge of IT alliance was run a gently caress of a lot different than the purge of TEST.

I don't think it was till Delve 2012 that we got the first glimpse of how powerful the coalition we had created was, and it wasn't really tested until Fountain 2013.

EDIT: I mean in 2010-11 it was really just goons and a few allies showing up in really dumb doctrines for the era (Widot sniper hacs).

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is Miniluv still being bankrolled out of Warr's own wallet or does it get alliance support?

Miniluv is self sufficient and conducts itself in a manner that ensures it's financial solvency and stability. We also endured nearly 4 months in the red before/during the hyperdunk nerf. We generally do not see alliance dollars except in rare occasions and have monthly budget of around 100b isk. Warr has not been bankrolling miniluv with carriers for probably about 6 months or more.

We are anomalous though, as most SIG's don't have the money making opportunities we do, though I would never turn down some money every month. Although a one time payment of anything less than 10-50b would be drops in the bucket,

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hey buddy I saw you in eve online last night.

It's a real bad game and I regret every minute of it.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

YouTuber posted:

It's a real bad game and I regret every minute of it.

What's your spaceman name?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nietzschean posted:

no thats ur job deadtear

that was the joke yes

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Miniluv is self sufficient and conducts itself in a manner that ensures it's financial solvency and stability. We also endured nearly 4 months in the red before/during the hyperdunk nerf. We generally do not see alliance dollars except in rare occasions and have monthly budget of around 100b isk. Warr has not been bankrolling miniluv with carriers for probably about 6 months or more.

We are anomalous though, as most SIG's don't have the money making opportunities we do, though I would never turn down some money every month. Although a one time payment of anything less than 10-50b would be drops in the bucket,

I love miniluv forever. :swoon:

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Eonwe posted:

to be fair, the EVE thread is a bunch of shitbirds

EVE attracts poo poo bird kinds of guys, ergo, poo poo birds posts in this thread.

I got trolled by paco (or some other bad poster) on goonfleet.com, that SA is the place to be as rude as you want as long as you can punctuate and string a proper sentence together correctly. I got punished, lesson learnt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
punctuation is for 2008 era SA or current D&D

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

SA is the place to be as rude as you want as long as you can punctuate

have you seen me or eonwe punctuate with anything but commas

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Where is the report button.

where is the report button

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
using punctuation implies that you care, and I, hardened forum warrior who has many girlfriends, would never care about anything,

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my avatar has had $550 spent on it overall

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just counted it out

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
others pay to change your avatar?

...and 55 dudes did it?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

...and 55 dudes did it?

probably like, up to 5 total people spent that much combined

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eonwe posted:

my avatar has had $550 spent on it overall

lowtax should give you a cut

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Altran posted:

...and 55 dudes did it?

This is a thing that happens yes. I think mines been changed 5 times that weren't me. Edit: Six actually.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

probably like, up to 5 total people spent that much combined

how do I provoke others to change my avatar?

I guess I am starting with no punctuations, like a badass

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Altran posted:

If you post in the eve thread log enough scrooge mcduck will either pony or duck you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Altran posted:

...and 55 dudes did it?

I'd say about $300-$350 is by one or two guys

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

be a better poster than you can be

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

vyst posted:

SIGS that have a successful proof of concept have strategic importance and get funded. Squads do what they want and do not. Decide what you want to be.

I figured that retaining vets, giving goons WH experience/skills, and developing FCs (see: ckwiesr, foehammer, probably others I'm forgetting sorry) would have some worth. wasn't enough to placate the :qq: IF THEY HAVE IT I WANT IT TOO :qq: illums/whoevers. so it goes.

But then I'd always believed that the empire existed as a means to the let goons do whatever they want in Eve. I got that part wrong. :shobon:

MorsAnima posted:

And j102055 Goku is safe, guys.

fyp, and hi :3:

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
been reading long enough, I suspect FruitNYogurtParfait = deadtear? if (FruitNYogurtParfait == deadtear) why ain't you returning to save goons;

love your posts, sadly you got demodded on gf.com

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So when we welp our coalition and all our space who's fault is it gonna be Sions or The Mittani's?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

crew posted:

So when we welp our coalition and all our space who's fault is it gonna be Sions or The Mittani's?

mine :getin:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

crew posted:

A post-mittani goon world will be a good one. We can go back to our freedom under DJ :v:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crew posted:

So when the autocratic dictatorship falls, will it be the fault of the dictator or his number-two guy?

gee i wonder

e; well i suppose it depends on whether you mean objectively or subjectively and i was never taught to speak hypothetically

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
sion sucks rear end

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

been reading long enough, I suspect FruitNYogurtParfait = deadtear? if (FruitNYogurtParfait == deadtear) why ain't you returning to save goons;

love your posts, sadly you got demodded on gf.com

see above, that's not the reason or anything, just look at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see above, we already have people itt blaming sion for everything so if things go tits up im sure goons will say it was his fault and people will still follow mittani

• Locked thread