Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Chimeric posted:

Somebody please edit this to give Xandu duckface.

Gave it my best:

Johnny Walker posted:

So rather than sign up for the hiking club that will be full of her peers, she's going to try out yoga with a man who's probably at least 20 years older than her and styles himself like he's from the 1930s.

Her best friend is Mary loving Worth, of course she thinks hanging out with older people is a fantastic idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

goatface posted:

It does make you wonder how little effort is going into the regular dailies.

Roberts is not a bad artist. He has a consistent style and goes for complicated poses and angles that other artists wouldn't even attempt. If the characters were likable in any way, I think we'd all cut the art a lot more slack. It's all about Appearances Comix.

Pooch Café

Kantstandya!

Ballard Street

Maybe the perspective is throwing me off, but that looks like a perfectly average-sized raccoon to me.

Lost Side of Suburbia

There's no big mystery to it, the omniscient interdimensional being just got himself locked in the trunk of an '83 dodge k car for a month.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Gave it my best:

Gorgeous. I wish Spidey had duck lips also.

This, however, is vile.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 6, 2016

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

I was just thinking about sharing Compu-Toon with a co-worker and a google search to see if it was still running came up with this blog post making fun of a strip from June 22nd 2014:

https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/math-comics-and-a-non-baffling-compu-toon/

Blog posted:

But rather than give Boyce a bad reputation let me also offer this past Sunday’s, which is a perfectly recognizable and successfully executed spot of whimsy, and the only mysterious thing about it is why the guy’s T-shirt has the International No Symbol over a hand grenade on a cartoon-bomb fuse. I mean, I understand wanting no hand-grenade bombs, but are they a big enough problem to warrant T-shirt prominence?

The strip in question:

Is it possible that Boyce was taking a dig at SA here? I searched the megathread it was originally posted in for reactions, but it seems this went under our radar.

Is our boy Boyce aware of his goon following or is this just wishful thinking here? Maybe that isn't a grenade but like a computer mouse or something?

Woptendo fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 6, 2016

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers have given up on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Woptendo posted:

I was just thinking about sharing Compu-Toon with a co-worker and a google search to see if it was still running came up with this blog post making fun of a strip from June 22nd 2014:

https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/math-comics-and-a-non-baffling-compu-toon/

The strip in question:

Is it possible that Boyce was taking a dig at SA here? I searched the megathread it was originally posted in for reactions, but it seems this went under our radar.

Is our boy Boyce aware of his goon following or is this just wishful thinking here? Maybe that isn't a grenade but like a computer mouse or something?
lol what.

that is a mouse.

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

lol what.

that is a mouse.

goddamn, ok :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

In Woptendo's defense, it's a very badly drawn mouse. The buttons are on the opposite side from the cable, for Pete's sake.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I almost want to write to Woody Wilson to tell him how much I appreciate the fact that he said "set foot" instead of "step foot" because loving everyone gets that wrong.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set likes to eat early.

Working Daze doesn't seem to realize that a week is only 7 days long.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix looks at the lighter side!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Sigh. Time for some Ativan in Milton's OJ. :smith:

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

There's no big mystery to it, the omniscient interdimensional being just got himself locked in the trunk of an '83 dodge k car for a month.

At first i thought this denouement was going on for way too long, but damned if it's not paying off after all. I'm a sucker for a happy ending though :v:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Wheeoooh - it's been a long week at work ... already. Time for a olde tyme comix(tm) megapost! (for you scrollers, I promise this'll be rare.)

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married! (click for bigger)

Good Time Guy (click for big)

ooh - the worst of the bunch - better ones coming soon.

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for bigger)

Mr. Tweedy

Life In Hell (click for bigger)

I have no idea why Divorce is so tiny.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

I felt pretty bad for her at first, but now I've come all the way back around to being sick of her moping. Come on, lady, drop this dickweed and meet somebody nice.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Gave it my best:

It's beautiful :allears:

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

So I was thinking about posting these daily, with some other strips to pad out the content of my posts. But my Imgur plug-in stopped working because they ended API 1.0 support and that broke it. Does anybody know of any other Firefox extension I could use so I could rehost images with just a right click? Having to save them to my hard drive and upload manually feels like an unnecessary step.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

"I cannot possibly be happy with anyone but Gwen, I cannot even have non-Gwen-related thoughts. Also, this chick stalking me is so desperate and needy."

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Unless the cats synchronize their cycles.

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Oh God, this is heartbreaking. She's so good. Please never come back, Scott.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I think the actual joke is that he crashed the drone into her, but my first interpretation was that her boyfriend saw the flowers and thought she was cheating on him and beat the poo poo out of her.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It is really, really weird seeing characters showing expressions in Dilbert.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (February 5-6, 1929)

Peanuts (April 9, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Admit it. You were just as disappointed there was a fire escape outside that window as I was.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 21-22, 1929)

Thimble Theater (October 24, 1929...BLACK THURSDAY)

It seems very appropriate that, while the first punch of the stock market crash was landing, Popeye and Castor were face to face with a life of farming.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

EasyEW posted:

Admit it. You were just as disappointed there was a fire escape outside that window as I was.

Yes, but it's admittedly a far more Batiuk move to portray someone as reckless and crazy for going out on a fire escape than for actually doing something, y'know, reckless and crazy.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 14, 1951)

Barnaby (August 19, 1942)

Nancy (April 28, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 9, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 7, 1923)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

I almost want to write to Woody Wilson to tell him how much I appreciate the fact that he said "set foot" instead of "step foot" because loving everyone gets that wrong.
For all intensive purposes, it's the same saying.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Dawn speaks in non sequiturs. "I love walnuts! Oh well, a penny saved is a penny earned!"

Rex Morgan MD

"I want him DEAD! Call my contacts in the OSS! I swear by my skin-covered teeth he will die!"

Secret Agent X-9

October 5 was indeed the Monday before this week's strips in 1939, just FYI.

Apartment 3-G

One of those LEWS got him pregnant and left him alone.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set does math the long way 'round.

Working Daze continues to be lazy.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix oversells the joke.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Strontium posted:

So I was thinking about posting these daily, with some other strips to pad out the content of my posts. But my Imgur plug-in stopped working because they ended API 1.0 support and that broke it. Does anybody know of any other Firefox extension I could use so I could rehost images with just a right click? Having to save them to my hard drive and upload manually feels like an unnecessary step.

I had the same problem, and something called Rehost Image is working fine for me.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers personal lives have atrophied to the point that their only interaction occurs during maintenance.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Huh, actual drama happening in Rex Morgan? It's been a while.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Spend at least one day doing the touristey stuff. You don't want to go home like, "Yeah, I took a trip to New York and all I saw was a series of increasingly dank and rat-filled apartments. It was so authentic."

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

She's old enough. And she'll have Faye and Nona with her. She'll be fine.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

This storyline is pretty on-spot. I mean, I've taken ballroom dancing lessons and it's pretty fun, but there's no way in hell I'd go to one with my spouse, that's just asking for trouble.

I refuse to believe geese would ever deign themselves to pull a barrel, they'd destroy the world first.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Darkest Auer posted:

I refuse to believe geese would ever deign themselves to pull a barrel, they'd destroy the world first.

By pulling that barrel, they caused the collapse of a bridge. They knew. :tinfoil:

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Slammy posted:

Life In Hell

The Marlys shirt is a reference to Groening's friend Lynda Barry, fellow alt-newspaper-comic creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 09/06/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Just think of the money to be made when the Fosters introduce the concept of arson and insurance fraud to Rocky.

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke appears to be shopping at the discount hyphen store again.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

• Locked thread