Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ramsus posted:

T110E4 best rigger tank aside from capping flags. My last module damage mission I had I did something like 25k damage as well as way more modules than I needed.

Yeah except why would we need that? We're definitely not rigging. You want a much better tank than the E4 unless you're rigging, which we're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subyng
May 4, 2013
All of those maps you listed are still better then el loving haluf

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Subyng posted:

All of those maps you listed are still better then el loving haluf

El Halluf - one giant grinder with one side getting a hulldown position that's reasonably arti safe and a whole bunch of poo poo that just gets annihilated by arti and gun lines. Oh, also I guess theres the other 90% of the map that is totally locked down and useless.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

April Fool's Day 2017: El Halluf only.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh no they run that one weekly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prav posted:

oh no they run that one weekly many many times daily

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Ramsus posted:

T110E4 best rigger tank aside from capping flags. My last module damage mission I had I did something like 25k damage as well as way more modules than I needed.

I'm actually fairly close to having the T110E4 but I'd have to grind the credits to buy it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dox023 posted:

I'm actually fairly close to having the T110E4 but I'd have to grind the credits to buy it.

Don't bother unless you're at least an Acolyte in the Church of the Snapshotmeta. If you haven't put at least 40 skill points into #snapshotmeta you're just constantly a worse E100 with 700 less HP, significantly worse armor and a frontal ammo rack.

I got penned in my loving E4 mantlet twice a couple weeks ago. I mean it was from an E4 and an APCR shooting T30, but still. The mantlet? Come on, at least if you hit the actual mantlet on the E100 you don't pen.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Archenteron posted:

Console Edition got the best April Fools event, they got World of Warships: TOG II Edition

Is this real? I want this to be real.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Don't bother unless you're at least an Acolyte in the Church of the Snapshotmeta. If you haven't put at least 40 skill points into #snapshotmeta you're just constantly a worse E100 with 700 less HP, significantly worse armor and a frontal ammo rack.

I got penned in my loving E4 mantlet twice a couple weeks ago. I mean it was from an E4 and an APCR shooting T30, but still. The mantlet? Come on, at least if you hit the actual mantlet on the E100 you don't pen.

Fair enough, I'm still about 50k experience off having it unlocked and I haven't been rushing towards it. I've just been doing my daily 2x/3x/5x and slowly unlocking tanks.

I could see a JPE100 penning the 110E4 mantlet but a T30 with APCR is a little sad.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

RandomPauI posted:

Is this real? I want this to be real.

It was real and fun as poo poo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm actually surprised the ps4 didn't bring back the tracer fire long lost to pc players. Shame wargaming didn't take the hint to that mod exploit to actually close up their client and move to a more external mod system. instead, they just straight up disabled tracer fire.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I'm actually surprised the ps4 didn't bring back the tracer fire long lost to pc players. Shame wargaming didn't take the hint to that mod exploit to actually close up their client and move to a more external mod system. instead, they just straight up disabled tracer fire.

Actually the tracer fire is enabled on the PS4. You just can't tell because when I upload videos from my PS4 to Youtube the quality gets raped.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ShankyMcStabber posted:

Actually the tracer fire is enabled on the PS4. You just can't tell because when I upload videos from my PS4 to Youtube the quality gets raped.

Even from hidden enemies? But if so, that is cool. I'm miss that bit of ambiance.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

I'm glad Komarin is dead. I'm glad Hidden Village is dead. I'm glad Severogorsk is dead. I'm glad Port is dead. I'm glad Province is dead and it should have been gone years ago because what a lovely map to punish new players with. I'm glad South Coast and Northwest are gone (and hope they do not come back).

Rest in peace, Dragon Ridge. You were too good for this world. I wish it were still in the game so CW, Strongholds and tournaments could still play on it. Pearl River was bad with artillery on it and otherwise it was basically a heavy paradise, but it wasn't nearly as poo poo as Hidden Village.

Problem is they keep removing lovely maps without putting anything back in.

Port would be ok if it was a mid tier map, it only really broke with high tier vehicles in it. I had an incredible Sherman game on that map in the days before their HEAT was nerfed and right after you could buy gold shells for credits. I got up on an overpass and dumped shots into dumb people.

Province was hilarious because in a tier 10 game you could spot the enemy spawn in about 5 seconds and all the SPGs were dead in 10s.

Komarin was ruined initially by spgs being too good, then ruined further by TDs being overwhelmingly good.

Hidden Village was just bad since 75% of the map was unused since a single turreted TD could cover the town pretty well unless there was a strong medium rush, and then they'd just run into the heavies camping the valley. If they had moved the spawns closer to the city and let mediums/lights have the valley, I think it would have worked.

South Coast was just poo poo though, oh hey one side gets a hill with SPG cover and bushes, plus they can cover 1/3 of the map, good plan.

Northwest wasn't good and had too much useless space on the map that was too easily fired into.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Even from hidden enemies? But if so, that is cool. I'm miss that bit of ambiance.

Yup, even hidden enemies. I routinely drop FV304 shells on scrubs who are still shooting at the last place they saw someone.

Tru-fact - Most console players have no concept of being blind fired or subject to blind counter battery. They consistently go to the same place and huddle 2-4 deep in those spots just waiting for someone to drop a round on their head.

CitizenKain posted:

Problem is they keep removing lovely maps without putting anything back in.

Port would be ok if it was a mid tier map, it only really broke with high tier vehicles in it. I had an incredible Sherman game on that map in the days before their HEAT was nerfed and right after you could buy gold shells for credits. I got up on an overpass and dumped shots into dumb people.

Province was hilarious because in a tier 10 game you could spot the enemy spawn in about 5 seconds and all the SPGs were dead in 10s.

Komarin was ruined initially by spgs being too good, then ruined further by TDs being overwhelmingly good.

Hidden Village was just bad since 75% of the map was unused since a single turreted TD could cover the town pretty well unless there was a strong medium rush, and then they'd just run into the heavies camping the valley. If they had moved the spawns closer to the city and let mediums/lights have the valley, I think it would have worked.

South Coast was just poo poo though, oh hey one side gets a hill with SPG cover and bushes, plus they can cover 1/3 of the map, good plan.

Northwest wasn't good and had too much useless space on the map that was too easily fired into.

One thing about the console versions of the map, they have A LOT less brush/foliage cover. There isn't nearly the same amount of ninja-TD shots going on as there is on the PC versions of the map.

Next time I am on the map I will take a screenshot of the infamous "forest" to show you just how sparse it is. Same as with Campinovka and all the other bush heavy maps, they are not nearly as generous with cover.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I wish Province was still available for Training Rooms or something. Even if it was terrible, that map made me happy to play on. Maybe I just have a really poor memory for mild disappointment.

No, I know what it was. I started playing WoT (which meant dozens of games on Province) on the recommendation of a group of friends that fell apart, and playing on Province reminded me of when that group was still in one piece. :smith:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Wait, you can't counter-battery in the PC version anymore? Well, glad I'm past the Priest.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, you can't counter-battery in the PC version anymore? Well, glad I'm past the Priest.

Arty gets tracer fire still I believe while in arty mode. No other time is it shown. But yeah, you can pretty much not move all game and be fine. The fun part is when you counter battery the enemy arty because they didn't realize that knocking poo poo down is basically a debris trail showing me where you are are and going.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also Red Ball is a thing that exists.

Edit so I don't have 3 posts in a row: :siren:AN AMX 40 ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES TO A BATTLE:siren: <-- Seriously, check out the bullshit luck on that fucker.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 6, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

R. Mute posted:

I've got this weird bug where bits of the garage are missing - like when I try to buy a new tank, the buy button is missing and the maintenance screen is basically completely broken. Have there been issues wrt this with your mod pack?

XVM needs to be updated. Install this over my old pack and it should work fine.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
So - I bought the 41/90, which is great, but I have no idea why it's German. It's everything the Walker Bulldog could have been. I really like it. It also gave me the opportunity to sell my Walker Bulldog and buy the T-49...and I just cannot stop laughing at how funny that T-49 tank is to play. Everybody who is just BLAH BLAH BLAH CONSISTENCY is just not seeing the fun of just hanging out and blapping IS3s and T34s for 3-400 damage right IN THE FACE with a regular, plain HE round and then hiding for 15 seconds while you catch your breath from laughing.

I dunno; maybe one of these days I will stop enjoying the low-skill tanks. But, I've wanted a T-49 for a while now, and it does not disappoint.

I'm still on that LT-15 mission for the STUGIV, but now I can at least have an amusing time while I try to actually survive after doing 4K damage in a light tank.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I'm still on that LT-15 mission for the STUGIV, but now I can at least have an amusing time while I try to actually survive after doing 4K damage in a light tank.

I did the LT15 missions for the STUGIV and the T28 Concept with my 13 90. Camo net, optics and binocs plus tank camo. Over 500 view range.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

the fun of just hanging out and blapping IS3s and T34s for 3-400 damage right IN THE FACE with a regular, plain HE round and then hiding for 15 seconds while you catch your breath from laughing.

This, but with a KV-2 in a top tier round, is also very fun.

Last time I did it I got teamkilled for finishing a T110E5 that two Fv 215s couldn't get.

KV lucker noob!!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ramsus posted:

I did the LT15 missions for the STUGIV and the T28 Concept with my 13 90. Camo net, optics and binocs plus tank camo. Over 500 view range.

Eh, optics and binocs doesn't stack.
Vent do though with either optics or binos.
My setup is GLD, Optics, Vents.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Jesus titty loving christ. Trying to watch the Otter clan league streams from last night, the community streamer is loving terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2wgbXE7dcs

Seriously, you'd have a more entertaining stream personality if I just pointed my camera at my cat when he's humping a feather duster (which, tbf, my stream has found hilarious)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Vorkosigan posted:

Jesus titty loving christ. Trying to watch the Otter clan league streams from last night, the community streamer is loving terrible.

Seriously, you'd have a more entertaining stream personality if I just pointed my camera at my cat when he's humping a feather duster (which, tbf, my stream has found hilarious)

I volunteer to tell the world exactly how both teams screwed up.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cardiac posted:

Eh, optics and binocs doesn't stack.
Vent do though with either optics or binos.
My setup is GLD, Optics, Vents.

I guess it depends on if you want to try to get more spotting damage and then clean up or...snipe in a 13 90? But when you are trying to get spotting damage the lights using binocs are going to out spot you and you're going to die. Happens all the time on prokhorovka and malinovka where I get in position and spot their lights. The GLD is useless for me because I'm usually already aimed in, or am too close to fire otherwise I'll be spotted. GLD is also useless when it's time to clean up and firing on the move.

Personal missions are really easy for me in the 13 90, and I got all of the light missions done before any of the others. But then again my win rate is garbage poo poo in the 13 90.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Vorkosigan posted:

i dont know your twitch name but that sounds like something id wanna see

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp the rules for the next Campaign are out, and it turns out Wargaming is indeed stupid enough to break something that was working fine. Any clan with around fifty actives or more is about to have a lot of officer burnout.

Good thing I enjoy a good Pubbie Safari.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You are just jealous that WG kills more clans than you could ever hope.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
and that WG is more likable

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

They really should just nerf the Japanese heavies sometime soon.

I mean, I'm only posting this one because I got my second mark of excellence - that's not really anything noteworthy in an O-I Exp in a tier V game. And it's not like the tank's a pushover in a tier VII game. A nerf has got to be incoming, surely?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Infected posted:

You are just jealous that WG kills more clans than you could ever hope.

True.

Jack_tripper posted:

and that WG is more likable

True.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

R. Mute posted:

They really should just nerf the Japanese heavies sometime soon.

I mean, I'm only posting this one because I got my second mark of excellence - that's not really anything noteworthy in an O-I Exp in a tier V game. And it's not like the tank's a pushover in a tier VII game. A nerf has got to be incoming, surely?

APCR out of the Su 100 only pens the turret. The Japanese heavies are all around bricks that are terrible to deal with in any urban map.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Ramsus posted:

My specific problem with this route is that I am on the tier 6 on that line, and I'm finding the grind to be unduly oppressive :( But yeah, that's my penultimate plan - with my ultimate plan being to play artillery *barf*

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Wargaming really needs to buff the apcr pen on the 155/55 and 155/58.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

bres0048 posted:

APCR out of the Su 100 only pens the turret. The Japanese heavies are all around bricks that are terrible to deal with in any urban map.
Are we talking about the O-I Experimental or the O-I? Because there's not a part of the O-I Exp that can't be penned by the SU-100. With the O-I, you should be aiming at the upper hull, really. It's as thick as the turret, but less likely to be properly angled. Tier VI TD's should be able to go through with regular AP, generally. And as an added bonus, it tends to panic O-I drivers as they expect to just bounce everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I won't be able to make it to skirmishes tonight, family stuff. Showing up tomorrow night depends on what happens tonight.