Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Prorat posted:

This thread used to go a mile a minute during any primary. Did we get bored?

trump isnt gonna win any more so its not as funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Trump and Cruz are now within 1% of each other on predictit

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Prorat posted:

This thread used to go a mile a minute during any primary. Did we get bored?

Well yeah, but also it's only Wisconsin today and it's not really pivotal to anyone's chances. I'm sure when New York votes and everyone's hanging on tenterhooks to find out if Trump cracks 50% things'll heat up.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Zyla posted:

trump isnt gonna win any more so its not as funny

he could still win even given a lose in WI

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Typo posted:

Trump and Cruz are now within 1% of each other on predictit

Not sure why. Cruz no is the easiest money ever. He can't win outright and the convention will never nominate him.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it all comes down to
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/717521612535238657

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Typo posted:

he could still win even given a lose in WI

They're going to take it from him at the convention, it's pretty clear now. Kind of took the wind out of our sails.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

mdemone posted:

They're going to take it from him at the convention, it's pretty clear now. Kind of took the wind out of our sails.

Not if he gets a clear margin above 1237

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
These 1 state days are the worst. They really need to block them up in groups of at least 3.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Slime man called

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
msnbc called it for cruz

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Typo posted:

I'd be surprised if he gets more than 1200 at this point. He's going to be real close, but it won't be 50% + 1

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

stumped

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Typo posted:

They still can with rule changes.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wrap it up trumpailures

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Typo posted:

Not if they all are made unbound before the convention.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Beaten like a dog! Sad!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

Beaten like a dog! Sad!

Beaten by the Zodiac Killer!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

Beaten like a dog! Sad!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i guess narrative gonna narrative but itd only really be a huge beating if trump gets shut out

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp, night's over. See you all on the 19th for New York.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao, exit polls show that over 1/3 of all GOP voters would vote for Clinton/third party or not at all instead of Trump. Same %'s for Cruz.

The early predictions that 1/3 of the GOP sit out the election no matter who the nominee is may be true, lmaoooooo

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Experts: Do you think Trump is going to lose WC?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

i guess narrative gonna narrative but itd only really be a huge beating if trump gets shut out

Yeah, at this point it's hard to tell. I think at worst we'll see Cruz 39 Trump 3 split, but I think Trump getting 6 or even 9 is very possible.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Didn't love the uneducated enough I guess. :smugdon:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A college republican Ted Cruz supporter must be loving unbearable

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Lmao, exit polls show that over 1/3 of all GOP voters would vote for Clinton/third party or not at all instead of Trump. Same %'s for Cruz.

The early predictions that 1/3 of the GOP sit out the election no matter who the nominee is may be true, lmaoooooo

no way that many follow through but i think its quite a bad sign for the grand ole party

that taniel guy on twitter apparently remembered that like 48% of indiana 2008 primary exit poll clinton voters said they wouldn't vote for obama, which is a random rear end thing to remember but he makes a fair point

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Trump is a loser. It's weird that some people on the internet pretend to support a loser instead of a winner.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Big slimeslide today.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
Wow

Sanders is now beating Trump on odds to become next president

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

no way that many follow through but i think its quite a bad sign for the grand ole party

that taniel guy on twitter apparently remembered that like 48% of indiana 2008 primary exit poll clinton voters said they wouldn't vote for obama, which is a random rear end thing to remember but he makes a fair point

Yeah, it's almost certainly going to be the case that some of them will show up and pull the lever anyway, but today it's all about energizing your base to show up because true Independents are as rare as they are dumb. That level of apathy despite the frenzy of the GOP primary, combined with the fact that no candidate has claimed a majority, doesn't bode well for them at all. How many vote Libertarian out of disgust? A lot of conservatives view them as an option in an increasingly less abstract way.

Obama stole the heart of Indiana in 2008 because we were prepared to be totally ignored like always but then he paid attention to us :allears:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Big slimeslide today.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

William Bear posted:

New poll today.

Survey USA Poll: California Republican Primary performed 3-30 to 4-3. 356 likely Republican voters. 5.3% MOE.

Trump-40%
Cruz-32%
Kasich-17%

Nothing too surprising, similar results to RCP average.

I don't live in CA, but my guess, based on having played a lot of Grand Theft Auto V lately:

Kasich will win the "Michael" parts of the state.
Cruz will win the "Franklin" places.
Donald Trump will do well in areas that are very "Trevor".

I think Trevor is as solid a Cruz voter as you could get because he would call Donald Trump a phony then probably take a swing at him while high on meth.
Michael and Franklin would vote Trump. The former because white middle aged man with anger management issues, and the latter because I'm still convinced Trump will gain the highest percentage of inner city black vote of any republican in my lifetime. (It won't be enough to make of his unfavorable with everyone else who isn't a white man though).

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Immortan posted:

Experts: Do you think Trump is going to lose WC?

Being a turd and the toilet is his home turf I'd say he'll do fine.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

A college republican Ted Cruz supporter must be loving unbearable

i mean ted cruz is basically an overgrown college republican so it makes sense.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Wisconsin is a trash yankee state for garbage people.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Do not trust anything to do with Sanders on PredictIt. Sanderistas on that site are loving insane.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, it's almost certainly going to be the case that some of them will show up and pull the lever anyway, but today it's all about energizing your base to show up because true Independents are as rare as they are dumb. That level of apathy despite the frenzy of the GOP primary, combined with the fact that no candidate has claimed a majority, doesn't bode well for them at all. How many vote Libertarian out of disgust? A lot of conservatives view them as an option in an increasingly less abstract way.

yeah i think republicans will have turnout problems in november even in the best case scenario (whatever that is), a lot of them will see something to be disenchanted with in the outcome no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

L-Boned posted:

Dude must have some sick CS:GO skins.

He's the "DON'T TOUCH MY poo poo" guy.

• Locked thread