Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

i am grithoks champion and i met your guild 1v7 and won

You only killed the weakest of the goons.

Then Mommy Big Boh and Daddy Lewtt beated you upped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

A Spider Covets posted:

good

Just got my first wagon and was able to name it the BangBus, I hope it doubles their shame.

Just got my first wagon and named it the Dysentery_Express

Speaking of which, I've been running the trade quests where you buy some poo poo from one dude and then sell it to another dude. The money doesn't seem to be very good though. I noticed I can't purchase most of the poo poo they have for sale though, do I just need to keep trading the poo poo items to unlock the better ones?

Also, anything to do with the ancient coins you get from doing this aside from selling them to the trade managers?

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

fletcher posted:

Speaking of which, I've been running the trade quests where you buy some poo poo from one dude and then sell it to another dude. The money doesn't seem to be very good though. I noticed I can't purchase most of the poo poo they have for sale though, do I just need to keep trading the poo poo items to unlock the better ones?

Also, anything to do with the ancient coins you get from doing this aside from selling them to the trade managers?

The trade quests are mostly for levelling up your skill and giving you a side reason to go across the map with your wagon. From everything I've seen/heard, the real money is in crafting your own tradegoods (like the ingot / lumber / plant tradepacks you can make at the various workstation houses). The better items you can buy at higher-level trading do help though.

Ancient coins are mostly for telling to trade vendors, yeah. There's the occasional quest where someone wants one for contribution XP, but I've only seen that once in Heidel.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

You aren't supposed to link the drat post, that one was believable.

god you suck

E:

CountingWizard posted:

Underwater content and battle ships were added in last Korean update. NA is stated to be caught up faster than Russians were, which was like 6 months.
Russian game is not even 6 months old, they have not caught up with Korea, and Korea does have neither underwater content, nor battle ships.

E2:

CountingWizard posted:

Hehe, I was just leaving out the quote source guys hehe.

:f5:
:allears:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 5, 2016

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

fletcher posted:

Hahaha that's pretty good. I tried PussyWagon but it was banned. :(

As or trade I'm not entirely sure yet but I always buy the lowest % I can, then go to the next town (make sure your nodes are connected between towns) and sell it after bargaining. It's not a huge profit at low levels (maybe 4-5k per run) but I'm guessing it gets better the more you do.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Once your skill goes up you get the better goods. Also I like to save the trade tokens you get as rewards from those quests for when you have to do a turn in quest at a place where you don't have access to most of the goods. Then you can use the tokens to load your wagon up for the trip back. Mainly the purpose is to train my horses but I'm making way more than 5k a trip (like 10-50)

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

fletcher posted:

The real money and exp is in crafted packs. If you want to sell npc goods then you need to find the cities that are buying poo poo for 200% and dump everything from nearby towns into them. Once you hit like skilled 5-6 you can nonstop trade across all the towns for a decent income.

And the trade missions are rear end I wouldn't even bother with them. They give a pitiful amount of contribution, usually have you trading some really low price thing that doesn't sell for poo poo, and reward a trade token that gives a random lovely tradepack.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do trade posts not cities also get that 200% bonus?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

Places like central guard camp do, so yeah. I've also gotten big ticket items from the trade tokens so I usually do the quests anyway and then just finish them when its convenient (if the glish trader wants you to sell mud or something just take two pieces of mud and bring higher profit stuff for the rest).

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Any node with a trader can do it. It's seemingly random when it happens, but usually a node will do it for a few times a day across a week before they get switched up.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/65157-interview-with-daumgames-eu/&page=1

Their cash shop answer is a good one. Definitely makes it seem like this definitley won't go Archage and crash and burn.

quote:

What are going to do regarding the Cash Shop Prices?

What we would like to see and that is also what we are addressing to the developers is to push items to be obtainable via other means than the cash shop. For example offering pets through repeatable quests or achievements. Additionally we are reviewing upcoming items and do our best to prevent adding RNG related cash items. We are not very happy with the current Dye System for example, because it is quite RNG heavy and not very user friendly, but revamping those features will take time.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Good, they hate the Dye system just like we do, and I'm glad that they're able to consider adding all awakenings at once instead of having one class after another be superpowered. Server tech seems a priority too, cause they didn't want to put out node wars and sieges until things are better on that end.

That's cool stuff! I think they're really giving it an honest shot.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

To be honest, that dye system response just seems ripe for them go go "wowee, look! a dye subscription that lets you dye anything you want [for a month]" which is something they have in Korea. I'd love to see them change it up to be something more GW2-esque but I also don't see it happening.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Makes me wish these guys actually made the game instead just being the guys who plead to the koreans to please make things suck less.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I will be sad if they do that. I will be let down.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Hey guys I'm still downloading, hope to join you for some fun times soon! Please don't all quit before tomorrow

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Clocks posted:

To be honest, that dye system response just seems ripe for them go go "wowee, look! a dye subscription that lets you dye anything you want [for a month]" which is something they have in Korea. I'd love to see them change it up to be something more GW2-esque but I also don't see it happening.

I think all dye systems in F2P games suck but GW2's sucked a little less so I'd be ok with that. As it is right now I'm not even bothering with dye in this game.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Fail to spark the interest of Mevo Muranan 3 times
Fail to spark the interest of Mevo Muranan 4 times
Fail to spark the interest of Mevo Muranan 5 times

:suicide:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Conversations are like enchanting but with people. Get those fail stacks.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd7XHuKu-aM

goontang conversation feat: lewtt, potato, birginia

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

:staredog: i-i w-will s-start t-the w-wiki

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

lewtt posted:

This is the type of cooking quest I deny

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
So if you're looking to chase that Wushu dragon this is the place right?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Can I make some decent coin by catching fish in Velia (or somewhere else?) and then selling it further inland somewhere like Glish?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wish they wouldn't have gendered classes/race locked classes. Shits stupid.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

SomniumObmutum posted:

We got the fake goontang and the real goontang

it ain't quite wushu but it is badly translated in areas

Aletoria
Apr 5, 2015

hi. yes. hi.

fletcher posted:

Can I make some decent coin by catching fish in Velia (or somewhere else?) and then selling it further inland somewhere like Glish?

Take the boat from Velia to illya Island, and fish there instead.
You can sell the fish you catch there to the trade manager on the island, and still get full value for them.
you could make anything from 50k and upwards! depending on the size :smuggo:

best part is though, you'll have to place to yourself! well, except the occasional naked angel running by.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

SomniumObmutum posted:

Not exactly but it's dang fun, I haven't played mmo since wushu and I can't turn this thing off

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

fletcher posted:

I catch my afk fish on the epheria hotspot, I then go to altinova to sell, its a good +50% distance bonus. I also get the bargain bonus... I think my best run was something like 1.2 million silver, not too bad for doing absolutely nothing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's a good chill game which takes the place that wushu did for me.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I keep meaning to go do something and wind up fishing for five hours or stuck in Olvia doing dozens of crafting quests. It's a good game, the Wushu crew is represented strongly.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Instead of group dancing for a few minutes and idling for hours you now just fish idly for a few hours

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

You only killed the weakest of the goons.

Then Mommy Big Boh and Daddy Lewtt beated you upped.

Hello I am the slayer of lewtt. Grithok wins.

KillTrash
Dec 6, 2007

Game Fiend

Hy_C posted:

Well, he ain't lying!

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Third World Reggin posted:

Instead of group dancing for a few minutes and idling for hours you now just fish idly for a few hours forever

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Whenever I come back to the game I find myself on a trade cart. I can't stop

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hy_C posted:

Lowtax is gonna have to gkick lewtt for that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Lowtax is gonna have to gkick lewtt for that.

I am telling you he is going to gkick him self and come over to parks and rec. The true home of wushu goons.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Which day?