Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not enough BIG MEATY HAM HOCKS

Well, they did find the energy chassis that gave her those ham hocks in the present without an attached Gortys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dolash posted:

You guys are going to make Rhys disappoint his friends. I hope you can live with that.

No, I'm sure Jack and Vaughn are totally cool with this decision.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

SgtSteel91 posted:

There's gotta be a reason Fiona and Rhys hate each other by the time The Stranger abducts them.

I still say there could (should?) be a route where they actually don't actually hate each other and are just pretending at it, to throw the Stranger off-guard. :colbert:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

This is actually pretty much the first time that I've voted for the opposite of what I did in the game. I really like the outcomes of both choices here, but I think this one makes more sense from an overall narrative/character development perspective.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Time to see the immediate repercussions of your choice before the episode ends! :toot:

If you saw the earlier upload of this vid, check the description for the timestamp to jump to to head right back into the choice.

Gonna try to get the next video up before the usual Tuesday since I feel like y'all deserve more than 2-3 minutes of new game footage in a week. I have the next video recorded and did some basic editing, I just gotta script and do commentary... which is unfortunately the most time consuming part. :v:

Still, I'll see what I can do. I hope you're all ready to see an end to this madness of a video game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That worked well!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I have every confidence we will not regret this decision.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
And everything was perfect forever! :woop:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

So if you guys are wondering, this is where the disparate paths really converge. There's no possible way to avoid Jack transferring out of Rhys' mind and into Helios itself. If you refuse to rule Hyperion, Jack shoves that drive into Rhys' head-port regardless. In fact, if you agree to rule Hyperion but hesitate too long to actually press the buttons for it, Jack gets impatient and aggressive and shoves it into Rhys' head anyway. Now us being friendly to Jack will still have story ramifications, we haven't completely entered the railroad station yet, but all the branching paths are starting to get trimmed.

At any rate, Jack is no longer beholden to a flesh body and is in control of the entire Helios space station. Let's see how that works out for us.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Oh man, that's quite an event that happened. :allears:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I have every confidence we will not regret this decision.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I regret nothing. This is going to turn out great for everyone. :buddy:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CuwiKhons posted:

So if you guys are wondering, this is where the disparate paths really converge. There's no possible way to avoid Jack transferring out of Rhys' mind and into Helios itself. If you refuse to rule Hyperion, Jack shoves that drive into Rhys' head-port regardless. In fact, if you agree to rule Hyperion but hesitate too long to actually press the buttons for it, Jack gets impatient and aggressive and shoves it into Rhys' head anyway. Now us being friendly to Jack will still have story ramifications, we haven't completely entered the railroad station yet, but all the branching paths are starting to get trimmed.

At any rate, Jack is no longer beholden to a flesh body and is in control of the entire Helios space station. Let's see how that works out for us.

There's also an unfortunate bug with the ending that still hasn't been fixed. For those playing along, if you want to reject Jack's offer, you have to do it at the first chance you get. You can take the offer and then back out at the last second, but the next episode treats it like you've chosen to rule Hyperion when that clearly did not happen at the rejection ending.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 6, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ooooh, this is gonna be hard to explain to the girls (I'm including gortys in this) and LB.

CuwiKhons posted:

Yeah, the end result is pretty much the same (Jack taking control of Helios), but it's quite the tonal shift in the episode's ending between the 2 paths.

I'm really looking forward to see how it goes from here since it's the first time the thread has deviated from my playthrough, aside from some minor dialogue bits before.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We betrayed our family for Jack you assholes. :argh:

This is going to end horribly. :(

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

That is rather disappointing, but not entirely unforeseen once I saw Jack just wiggling that thing around like it was his own arm, without even needing to be plugged into anything.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Felinoid posted:

That is rather disappointing, but not entirely unforeseen once I saw Jack just wiggling that thing around like it was his own arm, without even needing to be plugged into anything.

Well, we have seen him hacking things beforehand...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I honestly have no idea what controls the executive override port. In all the refuse scenarios Jack never explicitly controls it. All the "he jacks Rhys in anyway" occurs through him controlling Rhys's arm to do it for him. :shrug:

It's ok though. We are president of Hyperion. We'll for sure get railroaded down the main story path as is the Telltale way but until then we get to enjoy various perks related to being in charge.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

This seems like a loving awesome turn of events idk what the problem is

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Panzer Skank posted:

This seems like a loving awesome turn of events idk what the problem is

Seriously we're President of Hyperion now everything is going aces! First act as president is getting Valerie's goons out of Helios by way of airlock.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I keep thinking about how Pandora, as a planet, is a goddamn money sink and nobody who goes there ever really leaves alive. Dahl came in first with a million prisoners as slave labor and had to pull out when things got too rough, then Atlas came in and tried to gently caress things up and got gutted, and even after Handsome Jack's death, Hyperion's still got its most expensive super-satellite hovering over the planet with nobody willing to leave due to how much loot is still there. They're ALL doomed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Speedball posted:

I keep thinking about how Pandora, as a planet, is a goddamn money sink and nobody who goes there ever really leaves alive. Dahl came in first with a million prisoners as slave labor and had to pull out when things got too rough, then Atlas came in and tried to gently caress things up and got gutted, and even after Handsome Jack's death, Hyperion's still got its most expensive super-satellite hovering over the planet with nobody willing to leave due to how much loot is still there. They're ALL doomed.

The Graveyard of Enterprises.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like how 70% of players decided to shoot Butt Stallion.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I've heard that before. This won't end well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm confused. I could of sworn the credits start if you accept Jack's offer with a zoom out from Jack's office to show the entire station as The Top starts playing...

(Or am I confusing it with some of the recap starting next episode)

I've played through this game 3 times now with different friends and different choices and I can say one thing: accepting Jack's offer leads to some great bits to start episode 5.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pizza, please, Kaubocks?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Crasical posted:

Pizza, please, Kaubocks?

I have bad news for you

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Next video is currently rendering so I'll have it uploaded later today! :toot:

In the meanwhile anyone who was crazy enough to subscribe to me on YouTube might have noticed that I reuploaded #4-5 for a third time. There was just a minor thing about it that was bugging me that I wanted to fix while I still could, so don't worry too much about it. I definitely did not add anything new to it. You can most assuredly trust me on that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

...aaaaaaaaaaaand here's the actual new update!

No votes today. In fact, there's probably only gonna be one thing I ask you guys to vote for this episode due to how the pacing in this episode works and how much those choices actually matter. It's cool though because that one choice is mega dope.

Believe me I will have Some Words to say about what just happened in this video when my next one rolls out.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh good a new epis-

Wait, what

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

More JACKS
MOOORE JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS
SO MUCH MORE JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS

Jack is such a dickhole.
An rear end in a top hat
An unmitigated orifice hole.

(small note: Telltale really need to up it up with the animations)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 9, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to think this is where the fingergunning comes from, they're just aping Jack and hoping it'll work.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I think we just hit the "darkest before dawn" section of the game.

Also, LOADER BOT! :qq:

Rhys's tide of bad decisions has finally ended the one entity that really cared about him.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

I think we just hit the "darkest before dawn" section of the game.

it's not over yet! :haw:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

RIP Loaderbot. The truest bro we have ever known. :(:respek::awesomelon: (Why are there not more robot emotes?)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Goodbye, Loader Bot. :(

You should have rescued Yvette back there, just so you could have killed her in the power core yourself. :unsmigghh:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
RIP Loader Bot, truest of bros.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Loader Bro.

Man, the title card in this episode is such a loving gutpunch, especially considering...

Kaubocks posted:

it's not over yet! :haw:
:(

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This is why you should always order pizza when you have the chance.

Wait, you can rescue Yvette there? Why would anyone do that? Screw her.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 9, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is why you should always order pizza when you have the chance.

Wait, you can rescue Yvette there? Why would anyone do that? Screw her.

She has a different attitude if you never revealed yourself to her in episode 4. Or at the very least, revealed yourself, but didn't shock her. On the flip side, rescuing her gives you have an opportunity to kick her out of the air vent in the power core. And why wouldn't you take the opportunity to deal with the traitor yourself? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I didn't reveal myself to her on my playthrough (talked my way out), and didn't even talk to her on the cell, I just left her there. I don't talk to traitors. :colbert:

I have to admit the kicking out of the airlock bit sounds amazing though

By the way, the song for this title card is 'Retrograde' by James Blake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6PcFFUm5I

• Locked thread