Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Artificer posted:

I just ended up FINALLY finishing the day out and finally making the decision to go with Gemologist.

I don't mind that we have to make some choices like this in the game. I just wish that we were able to change it later with some effort. For example, I think it would be reasonable if we would have to be level 10 in [insert profession here] which unlocks a fairly difficult end game recipe to make an item which can then be used to reset our choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

I don't mind that we have to make some choices like this in the game. I just wish that we were able to change it later with some effort. For example, I think it would be reasonable if we would have to be level 10 in [insert profession here] which unlocks a fairly difficult end game recipe to make an item which can then be used to reset our choices.

It doesn't help that some of the options are bad. Really, really bad. Getting 50% more money from wood? Oh joy, I can get a few hundred extra gold for murdering every single tree on my farm. It's really not much of a choice when the other option is downright laughable.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah. I dont tend to do much research before and I'm always surprised when I hit a landmark like that. Fortunately I didn't do anything too special that day so I could just quit out, poll goons, then replay. If I had done something super special that day then I dont know what I would have done.

Probably gone with gemologist anyways after a far-too long bit of thinking tbh. It's good when these choices are balanced though.

Edit: poo poo i meant Geologist.

Subhazard
Oct 13, 2008
so, I had a rather hilarious bug when I first got my horse. I thought it was just supposed to be like that, hence the joke a couple pages back.

The animation speed was at like.. 300%, which made the horses legs look like some kind of cilia, as if the horse were a single cell organism.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Slime posted:

It doesn't help that some of the options are bad. Really, really bad. Getting 50% more money from wood? Oh joy, I can get a few hundred extra gold for murdering every single tree on my farm. It's really not much of a choice when the other option is downright laughable.

For some reason I thought that perk gave you 50% more wood from cutting down trees

why would you ever sell wood

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
How do my pigs keep finding the one place I don't check and putting all the truffles there. What are they trying to pull?

Also I hope grandpa appreciates how much trouble I went to finding the marble for these drat braziers. Light my candles old man!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That little diagonal path to the shrine is ace

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Looper posted:

For some reason I thought that perk gave you 50% more wood from cutting down trees

why would you ever sell wood

50% more wood would actually make sense. Still not a great perk, but it's good enough that you might consider getting it over the forage one, plus it'd stack well with the hardwood perk.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That little diagonal path to the shrine is ace

Thanks chum.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Mega64 posted:

50% more wood would actually make sense. Still not a great perk, but it's good enough that you might consider getting it over the forage one, plus it'd stack well with the hardwood perk.

I could accept 50% more wood if it worked for hardwood

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Maguro posted:

Combine that spicy eel with a cup of coffee and you have a pretty amazing speed increase.

I can't play the game without coffee anymore, it feels so slow otherwise. It's pretty expensive for how long it lasts too, but thankfully money isn't an issue anymore.

Subhazard
Oct 13, 2008
Note to self: Cash crops

Winter's a bitch when you've spent all your money. Can't take advantage of all this time to upgrade tools when I'm broke.

Year 1 problems.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can grow wild winter seeds in winter, they're not bad for making money. Also don't forget fishing.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Subhazard posted:

Winter's a bitch when you've spent all your money. Can't take advantage of all this time to upgrade tools when I'm broke.

Year 1 problems.

I managed to prep for Winter at the last minute and stock up some grapes to make wine. I ran out halfway through Winter though.

I did manage to hit the bottom of the mines before the end of my first winter so that's something.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Subhazard posted:

so, I had a rather hilarious bug when I first got my horse. I thought it was just supposed to be like that, hence the joke a couple pages back.

The animation speed was at like.. 300%, which made the horses legs look like some kind of cilia, as if the horse were a single cell organism.

http://noncanon.com/HorseMaster.html

The little blue sphere burst in the tub. Diluted nutrient gravy gives the water a bluish hue. Your little horse uses its cilia to push itself around your bathtub...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The gently caress was up with that cyoa, anyway? I saw it a couple years ago and it was too weird/depressing for me.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Horsemaster is high art.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Subhazard posted:

Year 1 problems.

Dig poo poo up with your hoe. Clear out the area by Marnie's farm, in front of Robin & Demetrius' place, and the Quarry if you have it unlocked and you can make ~5,000 a day. Not much but it's something if you're broke.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/717475373903011840

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/717475490634686464

The answers aren't surprising, but I'm shocked Emily is so popular.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

No Robin? I wanna be a homewrecker. (Robin can just fix it later)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

http://noncanon.com/HorseMaster.html

The little blue sphere burst in the tub. Diluted nutrient gravy gives the water a bluish hue. Your little horse uses its cilia to push itself around your bathtub...

I did it.

I'm the Horse Master.

But at what cost????

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grapplejack posted:

Her competition is pretty crappy, it's not surprising. The male vote is a lot harder; Wizard is an interesting choice but Shane or Linus make the most sense. Also I wonder how marrying Clint would even work. Would you get to have a blacksmith at your house? Or would he just go to work each morning?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Really? I had a yellow heart with her before I realized it wasn't going anywhere. She's got more personality than most of the options.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah Emily is super rad and friendly, and she sends me wool sometimes, so I turn it into cloth and give it to her because she's a tailor and loves that poo poo :3:

HopperUK posted:

How do my pigs keep finding the one place I don't check and putting all the truffles there. What are they trying to pull?

ahahahaha. what a bunch of rear end in a top hat pigs.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqF9G_DQls&t=38s

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Quick question, since the wiki is kind of unclear on it: how exactly does pigs producing truffles work? I'm closing in on finishing the community center and it's one of the last things I need, and the wiki says 'produced every morning when the pig is left outside'. Should I be leaving the barn door open overnight (which I'm currently not doing because I read it makes the goats sad) or is that unnecessary and I'm just not finding wherever the pig has dug it up? It just reached adulthood a couple days ago and is at one heart, if that matters.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Just open the barn up each morning as normal and wait a bit. One day when you're on your way to close the barn doors you'll see a truffle on the ground in between the barn door and wherever the fresh grass is that your animals eat.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
In my experience, "every morning" means "uh randomly sometimes maybe i guess"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Do i want to get gold tools as soon as possible? I only have about 30k left at the end of winter from the amount of crafting and buying of weapons i've done, and at the moment I have a gold pickax and that's about it.

I've got a ton of metal bars though, I just need that income from farming to have that nest egg.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You're about to hit Spring again so as long as you can afford seeds for the first harvest you'll be OK on money.

Gold axe is nice, gold hoe is OK (to me it's more of a nuisance since the 3x3 dig tends to pull up my sprinklers), gold watering can is pointless since you should be spending those gold bars on sprinklers to make the watering can obsolete anyway. Though I guess if you have a huge surplus of bars it's nice for until you can really start cranking out sprinklers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Put floor tiles under sprinklers, scarecrows, and other outdoor stuff to prevent the hoe from digging them up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

You're about to hit Spring again so as long as you can afford seeds for the first harvest you'll be OK on money.

Gold axe is nice, gold hoe is OK (to me it's more of a nuisance since the 3x3 dig tends to pull up my sprinklers), gold watering can is pointless since you should be spending those gold bars on sprinklers to make the watering can obsolete anyway. Though I guess if you have a huge surplus of bars it's nice for until you can really start cranking out sprinklers.

Watering can is nice for watering newly planted crops, since sprinklers only go off at the very start of a day.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Some days my two pigs will produce 0 truffles, sometimes I'll come in and see like 4 of them in the dirt. Pigs are mysterious creatures.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Kind of wish I had a Glowing Ring even though I'm past the dark bit of the mines, would be good to help prevent me from stumbling around like an idiot when I'm wandering around at night on my farm that definitely hasn't been cleared up yet.

But I did find a Magnetic Ring and a bundle got me a small Magnetic Ring too. They stack right? They should come in handy for cutting down trees and not bothering to walk up to collect the stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I never looked into it but I figure higher grade weapons means less energy used when using them?

And I'm really getting pissed with Fishing. I catch the same basic fish over and over and over, the only change is the time of day, but never any fish that I need for the bundles. I've tried every bait I have access to, bought an upgraded rod, but nope, still sardines all the time.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Artificer posted:

Kind of wish I had a Glowing Ring even though I'm past the dark bit of the mines, would be good to help prevent me from stumbling around like an idiot when I'm wandering around at night on my farm that definitely hasn't been cleared up yet.

But I did find a Magnetic Ring and a bundle got me a small Magnetic Ring too. They stack right? They should come in handy for cutting down trees and not bothering to walk up to collect the stuff.

Rings stack with themselves. I'm wearing two iridium rings since I haven't cleared the monster slayer stuff out yet, and the collection/glow radius is much bigger with both on.

Subhazard
Oct 13, 2008

Your profile picture reminded me. I had an email correspondence with Mr. Rollins for a couple weeks until he got tired of me. Very genuine man. Doesn't like Penn Gillette, apparently. Also, if you haven't seen He Never Died then remove your profile picture.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

The only problem with extra marriage candidates is that I hope it comes paired with that "friendship bracelet" idea because I don't want to have to deal with Shane, Emily, Linus, etc. all losing two hearts with me, or suddenly having a bunch of romantic cutscenes all pile in at once.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Paul.Power posted:

The only problem with extra marriage candidates is that I hope it comes paired with that "friendship bracelet" idea because I don't want to have to deal with Shane, Emily, Linus, etc. all losing two hearts with me, or suddenly having a bunch of romantic cutscenes all pile in at once.

I hope they add a bromance option so I can be total platonic bros with Shane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My brother and I are having almost-non-joking-anymore discussions on who the best wife is, because of this damned game. He says Abigail because she's ~so quirky~, I say Penny because she deserves better than a drunkard of a mom. This fuckin' game.

Captain Lavender posted:

Somebody explain these stumps to me.

These are the basic non-fruit trees that, once they grow to full size (it's been a while since that screenshot and only 2/6 are fully grown, no idea why because I keep their surroundings clean) I'll put tappers on them.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 6, 2016