Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

paranoid randroid posted:

team lovely mspaint comics stands bloodied, but unbowed. get rekt, nerds.

I actually really liked how Dave and Terezi worked as a team! It was pretty fly. Took me back to the good ol' days. :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Still can't get over that Vriska's plan worked/is working, albeit the stuff about the tactics to defeat the Condesce and the Jacks was never really the problem. There was some stuff about how they might've been able to avoid fighting Spades Slick but that worked out okay in the end (excepting that Dirk is dead for a bit, I guess).

The real tricky bit was the ghost army plan with a weapon she wasn't sure would work, and whether it works or not either vindicating her post-retcon self as the True Hero after all or failure giving her the final Comeuppance(tm) for her Hubris (also tm), and then we don't find out because the author himself shows up to mess with her. Toxx/Oxx (I'm not going to check which) if you think the update was just an eighteen minute slapfest with no writing to critique, tell me what you think about that poo poo because it is cracking me up.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The irony is outside the dirk stuff I'm not even really disappointed. I got briefly excited when the best member of the felt (who's literally a better character than jake) riddled jake full of bullets only to be slightly bummed when that was undone, but I don't share anybody else's complaints about the flash at all

It was fine I guess? If you're into fighting nonstop for eighteen minutes that sure did deliver in spades. It was kind of neat that all the jacks got killed or deposed.

In a way that even more damning: outside of the dirk stuff I'm more or less indifferent to the whole thing

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ariong posted:

I do agree that the Jade parts were a bit excessive. Because we're familliar with how Bec instincts work the same effect could have been achieved if she simply tried to get between them once before being punched out. Three times was unneccesary.

Oh yeah, also, wow, LOFAF. Wow. Well, at least they won't hav any trouble getting the genesis tadpole out of the core.

Maybe, but I think it's important to show that her strategy was working. Doing it once and immediately getting floored actually would have been a waste of Jade. Almost completing her objective before getting punched is more effective, I think.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

I sat through the entire flash waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it never did.

It kind of did at the end.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how weirdly ominous that ending was. Everything just cuts to black.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dolash posted:

Still can't get over that Vriska's plan worked/is working, albeit the stuff about the tactics to defeat the Condesce and the Jacks was never really the problem. There was some stuff about how they might've been able to avoid fighting Spades Slick but that worked out okay in the end (excepting that Dirk is dead for a bit, I guess).

The real tricky bit was the ghost army plan with a weapon she wasn't sure would work, and whether it works or not either vindicating her post-retcon self as the True Hero after all or failure giving her the final Comeuppance(tm) for her Hubris (also tm), and then we don't find out because the author himself shows up to mess with her. Toxx/Oxx (I'm not going to check which) if you think the update was just an eighteen minute slapfest with no writing to critique, tell me what you think about that poo poo because it is cracking me up.

I think being annoyed by Hussie and having to punch him in the dick Forever is the exact level of Comeuppance that Vriska deserves.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
IMO, Homestuck is Epic and Good, and so is Collide.

My favorite thing is Fraymotifs

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about how weirdly ominous that ending was. Everything just cuts to black.

If Total Recall taught me anything, it's that it only matters when it cuts to white

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Just wanted to mention that the Street Fighter into Jojo (I think?) segment with Roxy is great. And that Casey got another moment in the spotlight! :3:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe they hosed it up somehow?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ariong posted:

I do agree that the Jade parts were a bit excessive. Because we're familliar with how Bec instincts work the same effect could have been achieved if she simply tried to get between them once before being punched out. Three times was unneccesary.

Oh yeah, also, wow, LOFAF. Wow. Well, at least they won't hav any trouble getting the genesis tadpole out of the core.

It was Dirk's planet that exploded via Jack English's Code ATA moment.

Also I don't get why people are saying Serenity has the space symbol now, it's the same cherub spiral its always been?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It was Dirk's planet that exploded via Jack English's Code ATA moment.

Also I don't get why people are saying Serenity has the space symbol now, it's the same cherub spiral its always been?

Oh yeah. Well the genesis tadpole wasn't going to be a problem anyway, apparently throwing it into the forge is the normal way of going about it. You throw it in there, you throw the ring in there, it erupts all the way up to skaia, conception symbolism complete.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Shelby Cragg's taking credit for the Strong Female Jake moment. https://twitter.com/shelbycragg/status/717582454928883712

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

And yeah, there really isn't much saving Jade at this point, character-wise. I remember the big argument about counting this Jade as being distinct from pre-Retcon Jade, but despite a few encouraging updates right before this flash, she really has nothing going on this time and everything to do with her and the Becs felt like it was just keeping them out of the way without any character payoff (well, some for PM, but it's been a long time since we've cared about her) or even cool action.

There's so very little time left and no obvious direction for her to go, interactions to look forward to, relations for her to pursue... she's basically got nothing I can see in her future except finding out actually Dave's with Karkat now. Maybe once the Green Sun's gone and she's less overpowered she'll actually get to do some cool moves in the final boss fight.

Assuming there actually is a proper final boss fight where the four kids appear and fight Lord English, I guess.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Dolash posted:

(well, some for PM, but it's been a long time since we've cared about her)

How dare you.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ariong posted:

Oh yeah. Well the genesis tadpole wasn't going to be a problem anyway, apparently throwing it into the forge is the normal way of going about it. You throw it in there, you throw the ring in there, it erupts all the way up to skaia, conception symbolism complete.

Echidna has it, supposedly. The whole Kanaya and Karkat thing was them petitioning her to release it.

Release might mean massive volcanic eruption though I suppose.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

vindicating her post-retcon self as the True Hero after all or failure giving her the final Comeuppance(tm) for her Hubris (also tm)

the fact that youre still thinking in terms of this basic-rear end creative writing 101 dichotomy shows your lack of reading comprehension Hope That Helps

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It really is crazy how hard Huss dropped the ball on the exiles

Whatever happened to the white queen, btw?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

She got decapitated by Bec Noir in Cascade.

e: or presumably blew up with her moon

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

There was a period from roughly 2011 to 2012 where you could post like this on the forums and not be asked to leave, but Im afraid it has long passed.

my posting might suck but the point stands friend

on a different note here's the person apparently responsible for most of the fraymotif stuff

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"WHY ARE THERE LITTLE MARIJUANAS IN THE BG"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tollymain posted:

"WHY ARE THERE LITTLE MARIJUANAS IN THE BG"

...Someone search for snoop dogg in the flash youtube video.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Tollymain posted:

my posting might suck but the point stands friend

It's a point literally nobody but you cares about because literally everybody but you knew what she meant

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

It really is crazy how hard Huss dropped the ball on the exiles

Whatever happened to the white queen, btw?

This is incredibly true, I mean wtf. That section of Cascade even looked like garbage

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ariong posted:

How dare you.

Sorry man, but as someone's already said all Jade got to do this update was set up a character moment for PM where it established she hates Bec Noir so much she overpowered her Bec programming enough to punch Jade out of the way.

For starters that's like a third-string character getting their moment over someone who's in theory part of the main four (even if she is the Ringo). Then there's the fact that we already really, really know PM hates Noir. This is only a slightly new development. Considering how long it took to get to that point, it would've been nice to go a little further and make a point with it.

Have the fight take the two of them over to where the Mayor and Calliope are so PM and WV can reunite. Have PM not just be angry but consumed by hate and do some terrible thing that shows she's as far gone as Noir, or else have her show mercy to show she's not like him. Maybe these moments are coming but there was more than enough time this flash to get to it and we really only got as far as "PM triumphant", a moment that's been coming since Cascade five years ago.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Last thoughts before I go to loving bed finally:

Still mad Condy got kinda chumped, have been firmly expecting Meenah to steal her life in the most literal sense for quite a while now. She might not be down for the count so who knows.

And lack of Vriska was disappointing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

hello anyone reading all these posts tomorrow, we are all very sorry about it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mazerunner posted:

This is incredibly true, I mean wtf. That section of Cascade even looked like garbage

I dunno if you're being sarcastic but if you honestly expect me to remember the fine details of a flash that played in 2011, well

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, so why was it necessary for Karkat to be knocked out if he was just going to wake back up again before doing anything while asleep?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paranoid randroid posted:

the fact that youre still thinking in terms of this basic-rear end creative writing 101 dichotomy shows your lack of reading comprehension Hope That Helps

It might show my inability to convey self-deprecating sarcasm, I guess. I was/am confessing that after years of "okay but is Vriska in the right/wrong? Only whether she succeeds or fails in her next plan will decide!", building up to the one big gamble and then having the author himself gently caress up that gamble is great and I love it. Really helped put this in a whole different light, like maybe the story doesn't have to vindicate a character's personality and choices based solely off of their performance, if Vriska happens to be right about her gamble regarding the weapon it isn't a comment on whether she was "right" or "wrong" of her assessment of her alternate self or vicariously herself. This could even be considered representative of the same flawed thinking that drove Vriska herself, and if anything assessing her by those same standards woulddsfsaghg hhsuhfafhgfdfgwhdgehgeghuewg

You should be happy, if you squint and hold it up to the light it kind of looks like you can claim to have been right all along: the actual reason we're here!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Wait, so why was it necessary for Karkat to be knocked out if he was just going to wake back up again before doing anything while asleep?

An excellent question! Here is the answer:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Toxxupation posted:

I dunno if you're being sarcastic but if you honestly expect me to remember the fine details of a flash that played in 2011, well

No I'm always 100% sincere

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Presumably Kanaya thought Karkat would dream peacefully instead of charging straight for the final boss and getting his sleep murdered.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
This is some peak loving Homestuck right here.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Kanaya didn't know he was going to wake back up again; she's not a seer. She assumed he'd stay concussed until the final battle was over. It was necessary for Karkat to go all-in against Lord English because that was what he had defined heroism as, that was who he wanted to be. Luckily for him, he got a do-over.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now they have to find a gold plaque to drop over LE's head and kill him.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The one thing I certainly will not miss when homestuck is over is the incredibly complicated jargon to explain rote, common storytelling concepts that everyone buys into so you have to remember what the gently caress classpects are and what elements mean

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Some of the artists are talking about what they did on their journals.
Toastyhat (you may recognize the name from mambostuck) is here: http://toastyhat.tumblr.com/
Paperseverywhere (Adrienne Garcia) is here: http://paperseverywhere.tumblr.com/
Poinko is here: http://poinko.tumblr.com/
Guzusuru ("Lullaby for Gods"), who did compositing, is here: http://guzusuru.tumblr.com/

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 6, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
==> Karkat: You Got This

==> Karkat: You Ain't Got This

You awaken to discover that you never even had it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

It was fun but not as good as Cascade.

I don't really get why no one is talking about the ending!