Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The new map were you are pretty much sieging or defending a massive fortress is really fun. I am really looking forward to more components for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

The new map were you are pretty much sieging or defending a massive fortress is really fun. I am really looking forward to more components for this.

Yeah it felt pretty awesome now that they've upped it to 64 players. Fun to mow down swarms of marines with a heavy bolter :getin:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I don't think anyone in the game knows how to use a Vindicator yet, either.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man this runs way better on my total piece of garbage now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is this basically a cross of WH40K: Space Marine, and Planetside 2?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's not really planetside 2-ish, at least it wasn't last I played. It is fun, though.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Have they added in or given a timeline for the dress up meta end game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

They ditched the Planetside part when they realized they couldn't make it work, so it's now Battlefield meets Space Marine with a territory control overmap. It's coming along but I have a lurking fear that they'll gently caress up something vital when they try to make their progression stuff.

neonbregna posted:

Have they added in or given a timeline for the dress up meta end game?

Soon, etc.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How does painting your 3D barbie work, do they enforce staying true to chapter color scheme

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it works like this:

-it doesn't

Orv
May 4, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How does painting your 3D barbie work, do they enforce staying true to chapter color scheme

You choose a chapter or craftworld or ork whatever they call them and that determines your base colors and heraldry. After that it's supposed to be armor pieces, horns and skulls for Chaos, that kind of poo poo. They haven't talked a ton about it and their current concerns run more towards the progression perks and playability for Eldar, so it'll be after that at earliest.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Yesterday I set up my friend's new PC and I got to try this out, it was the new fortress map and it seems really nice. I'll be buying this when some of the PVE stuff comes out and they can prove that they're capable of more than ripping assets from the THQ game.

I like what I played though. My friend was telling me about the F2P Orks and that's going to be loving awesome.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I like what I played though. My friend was telling me about the F2P Orks and that's going to be loving awesome.

F2p orks I think is scrapped because they arn't doing the planetside thing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

When can I be a space elf.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

BadLlama posted:

When can I be a space elf.

Space Elves are coming within the next month or too I think.

Also yeah, Orks are no longer the F2P race. Pretty sure the game is just the standard buy to play and the cash shop is only for buying cosmetics.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think last word on F2P Orks was it'd be a post-EA timed trial thing, but I don't know if they'll stick to that.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLMW-B7fus

Oh my god, the power fist is a beautiful thing :allears:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the game where they said they had to almost cancel because the technology isn't there yet but planetside has been doing for years

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
No, that was dark millennium. This is the one where they went from 40k meets planetside with even more cool concepts. To "turns out we need money and talent to make a game, so who wants to be a founder for only $300, you'll even get this neat bolter and a special wave emote". Currently it's a shittier Space Marine multiplayer that's slowly improving.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Man, Dark Millenium looked so good too. Even if it was a bit of WoW + Gunplay and vehicles type deal. I don't know if it would have been fun with those constraints, but holy poo poo was I willing to give it a go.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Zaodai posted:

Man, Dark Millenium looked so good too. Even if it was a bit of WoW + Gunplay and vehicles type deal. I don't know if it would have been fun with those constraints, but holy poo poo was I willing to give it a go.

I completely sympathize with this opinion. Now we're left twiddling our thumbs and waiting for a Star Citizen private modded 40k server.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sazabi posted:

No, that was dark millennium. This is the one where they went from 40k meets planetside with even more cool concepts. To "turns out we need money and talent to make a game, so who wants to be a founder for only $300, you'll even get this neat bolter and a special wave emote". Currently it's a shittier Space Marine multiplayer that's slowly improving.

Actually it's 40 dollars.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's $25 if you don't mind using a sketchy key dealer and probably having your identity stolen.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

It's $25 if you don't mind using a sketchy key dealer and probably having your identity stolen.

I try not to use G2A but the key sites don't really have Eternal Crusade. I guess I don't mind G2A when dealing with a high rated user. Minimizes the risk that it's a 8 year old from China with a stolen credit card.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DandyLion posted:

I completely sympathize with this opinion. Now we're left twiddling our thumbs and waiting for a Star Citizen private modded 40k server.

:stare:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I try not to use G2A but the key sites don't really have Eternal Crusade. I guess I don't mind G2A when dealing with a high rated user. Minimizes the risk that it's a 8 year old from China with a stolen credit card.

I found it on G2Play, which I'd used before without any problems, but less than a week later my card was compromised. I can't say for sure that it was G2Play or its payment system but the the coincidence seems too likely.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Soooo.. is this going to be fun? I could use a bit of the old heretic crushing.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SneakyFrog posted:

Soooo.. is this going to be fun? I could use a bit of the old heretic crushing.

Jury is still out, I'd say. Atm. it's a subpar (more glitchy, more spastic and generally less cool) version of space marine multiplayer with more people. For reference; SM multiplayer was astoundingly good, except for the mindbogglingly stupid decision to make it peer-to-peer and Relic cutting the community in half with every piece of overpriced DLC.

Currently it's more like a bad battlefield clone, skinned wh40k and with melee being a big part of it. There are no longer plans to have like an open 'world' like planetside (but rather a persistent world map with different battles), at least not until way after release, which is supposedly this summer.

It could be alright though, and they are definitely working on it, even if some of their design choices leaves a lot to be desired.

Bottom line; it's currently not utter shite and it has SPESS MEHREENS in it (who look cool).

Orv
May 4, 2011
I play a round or two a week and I don't hate doing it, but I won't be sinking any kind of serious time into it in the form it's in.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Jury is still out, I'd say. Atm. it's a subpar (more glitchy, more spastic and generally less cool) version of space marine multiplayer with more people. For reference; SM multiplayer was astoundingly good, except for the mindbogglingly stupid decision to make it peer-to-peer and Relic cutting the community in half with every piece of overpriced DLC.

Currently it's more like a bad battlefield clone, skinned wh40k and with melee being a big part of it. There are no longer plans to have like an open 'world' like planetside (but rather a persistent world map with different battles), at least not until way after release, which is supposedly this summer.

It could be alright though, and they are definitely working on it, even if some of their design choices leaves a lot to be desired.

Bottom line; it's currently not utter shite and it has SPESS MEHREENS in it (who look cool).

thank you. I like my stompy space marines.. I'll keep an eye on it i suppose or maybe impulse buy it when i get done with my current crop of games.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh.. its kinda cool.

too bad its super loving alpha.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You can no longer punch vehicles around like bouncy balls, game is dead to me.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The Plasma pistol was also super disappointing.

I was hoping it would cut down on the Storm Shield and Mark of Nurgle crap, but it didn't.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I'm surprised they haven't nerfed Plasma Cannons, they're pretty OP right now.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Orv posted:

You can no longer punch vehicles around like bouncy balls, game is dead to me.

RIP in piss what used to be a good game

Orv
May 4, 2011
On the other hand, they showed the functioning but pre-SFX, textures and weapons grav tanks for the Eldar, and they're basically 2142 tanks so maybe it's not so bad.

https://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/v/60755332

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BurtLington posted:

I'm surprised they haven't nerfed Plasma Cannons, they're pretty OP right now.

if they made them a little more volatile, that would be sweet. Like a chance of it randomly exploding.

I've taken a break until they throw some type of progression in. And maybe some race/faction perks as well. Right now, they have the core mechanics fleshed out but thats it. The worst outcome is its a battlefield clone so they have something they can really build on.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also that Eisenhorn game got shown in what is either an extremely alpha state or a singularly depressing condemnation to Giant Bomb.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-eisenhorn-xenos-04142016/2300-11122/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's a shame because Mark Strong is so good as Eisenhorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Is that the VA's name? I thought it was quite good, especially compared to the rest of the game

• Locked thread