Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PriorMarcus posted:

Major spoiler: He dies in the first attack about 30 minutes in.

Wait for loving real????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PriorMarcus posted:

God drat it, Godzilla! :argh:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
There was no way a mega budget movie was going to legit star Jeff Goldblum in the year 2016. Big budget movies are required to star young, hot people.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, yes, Godzilla is obviously the progenitor of the advertised star of the movie dying early and not Scream or Psycho or Executive Decision or numerous other pictures.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 5, 2016

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

You should either be spoiler-tagging a hell of a lot more, or nothing at all, because it's obvious what you guys are talking about.

Like look at this:

The Cameo posted:

Scream or or Psycho or Executive Decision or numerous other pictures.

Oh, gee, what could this be in reference to.

edit: not spoiler-tagged when originally quoted

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 5, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sir Kodiak posted:

You should either be spoiler-tagging a hell of a lot more, or nothing at all, because it's obvious what you guys are talking about.

Like look at this:

Oh, gee, what could this be in reference to.

At least they didn't mention To Live and Die in L.A.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Slate Action posted:

There was no way a mega budget movie was going to legit star Jeff Goldblum in the year 2016. Big budget movies are required to star young, hot people.

And yet Harrison Ford just starred in a movie that was pretty much bigger than Jesus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

And yet Harrison Ford just starred in a movie that was pretty much bigger than Jesus.

I think John Boyega and Daisy Ridley were the stars of that movie.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I think John Boyega and Daisy Ridley were the stars of that movie.

I doubt Harrison Ford cares.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Remember that movie where Paul Dano costars with Daniel Radcliffe playing a dead body? Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYVTeuLaZH4

this looks loving incredible, I can't wait for this.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

PriorMarcus posted:

Deakul posted:

God drat it, Godzilla! :argh:

The Cameo posted:

Ah, yes, Godzilla is obviously the progenitor of the advertised star of the movie dying early and not Scream or Psycho or Executive Decision or numerous other pictures.

So are you guys assholes or just really dense? Cause that's the worst attempt to cover a spoiler ever.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 5, 2016

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

PriorMarcus posted:

Calling bullshit.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Rurea posted:

I doubt Harrison Ford cares.

Ford not giving a poo poo is always the safest bet.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

kiimo posted:

When testing this campaign any time we showed something new the numbers went down. The more references to the first film, the numbers go up. It's weird but people really love Independence Day and want another one that is basically the first one. Why do you think we used the speech from the first movie? More references to the first film are coming, btw. It's like when people were complaining about breaking the fourth wall in the Deadpool campaign.

Oh i get why they are doing it, I just dont like it

just makes it feel like a crappy cash in

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Zzulu posted:

just makes it feel like a crappy cash in

Nah they're making a sequel to a disaster movie 20 years later for the art

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Clearly there was still a story to tell

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Megasabin posted:

So are you guys assholes or just really dense? Cause that's the worst attempt to cover a spoiler ever.

Are you dense? The movie isn't even out for another month.

Also, it's a sequel to loving Independence Day... do you really care about spoilers?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Deakul posted:

Are you dense? The movie isn't even out for another month.

Also, it's a sequel to loving Independence Day... do you really care about spoilers?

What does the movie being out in a month have to do with anything?

And yes, believe it or not, some people still prefer - even in action movies - to not have major plot points spoiled.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Remember that movie where Paul Dano costars with Daniel Radcliffe playing a dead body? Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYVTeuLaZH4

This looks weird as gently caress and I'm all in.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I never really got the appeal of Jeff Goldblum as an actor, but I was also like 4 when Independence Day came out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

computer parts posted:

I never really got the appeal of Jeff Goldblum as an actor, but I was also like 4 when Independence Day came out.

Watch Life Aquatic where he's goddamn awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6qPNCuf8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-IPPS1Vq8

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

computer parts posted:

I was older than that when The Big Chill came out so let me tell you. Jeff Goldblum rules and has been in so many instant classics.

Annie Hall. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Right Stuff. The Fly.

Buckaroo loving Bonzai. Silverado.

But nothing will ever be more classic than Earth Girls Are Easy, there I said it. Screw Jurassic Park. Give me Transylvania 6-5000.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BonoMan posted:

What does the movie being out in a month have to do with anything?

Because no one knows the entire plot yet? :geno:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, what makes him great is his weird mix of what would be consider classic movie roles and then weird little roles where he just shows up out of no where.

Also he rocks a whoopee cap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erm7QDCl-3s

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Deakul posted:

I literally cannot comprehend how you think this means it's therefore impossible to spoil part of the plot. Like, I don't give a poo poo, it's loving ID42, but your point is nonsensical.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sir Kodiak posted:

I literally cannot comprehend how you think this means it's therefore impossible to spoil part of the plot. Like, I don't give a poo poo, it's loving ID42, but your point is nonsensical.

The point is it was originally a joke about big name actors dying early on in movies.
Holy christ, you people.

I guess it's a spoiler to say that we'll be friends with the aliens in the end and coexist with them, it then kicks off an ID4 sitcom.

:shrug:

I don't understand the hissy fit being thrown by the guy, it's loving speculation in joke form.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Deakul posted:

The point is it was originally a joke about big name actors dying early on in movies.
Holy christ, you people.

I guess it's a spoiler to say that we'll be friends with the aliens in the end and coexist with them, it then kicks off an ID4 sitcom.

:shrug:

I don't understand the hissy fit being thrown by the guy, it's loving speculation in joke form.

People forget where they are and get all BEEP BOOP about these things. I guess. Trying to be charitable.

It is a forum for a comedy site, so people are going to crack wise. To be fair, the meltdowns are funny to me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What funny jokes ruining movies - minor plot point or not. Don't fall back on that horseshit "ITS COMEDY FORUM".

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

What funny jokes ruining movies - minor plot point or not. Don't fall back on that horseshit "ITS COMEDY FORUM".

It's not something that's actually known about the movie. It was a joke, hidden behind spoiler tags, that people then posted about as if it were real in the open. Which is to say, it's a joke that evolved into a fake spoiler, like if people talked straight-faced about Rey being revealed to be Jar Jar Binks's kid in the next Star Wars movie.

That said, the whole "the movie isn't even out for another month" thing is still dumb, as if actual plot details were never leaked prior to the premier.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Deakul posted:

Uh you know scripts and test screenings happen well before that right?

edit: I guess I didn't get it was a joke. Just seemed like somebody actually leaking part of the plot.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

He is the endgame of Eliot Gould and Dustin Hoffman.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

morestuff posted:

Nah they're making a sequel to a movie 20 years later for the art

Well I mean it's not unprecedented

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BonoMan posted:

Uh you know scripts and test screenings happen well before that right?

I do, I'd also hazard a guess that spoiling a dumb sequel, that nearly no one legitimately cares about, to a dumb movie isn't high on most troll's lists.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just in time for the new Doom game, The BFG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxzkPVmNI_o

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Deakul posted:

I do, I'd also hazard a guess that spoiling a dumb sequel, that nearly no one legitimately cares about, to a dumb movie isn't high on most troll's lists.

You must be new to the internet.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Deakul posted:

If you think that a movie's plot can't be spoiled because it's not out yet, then I really don't have to continue this conversation any further lol. Also, yes, I would prefer not to have any aspect of a film's plot spoiled, even if it is just a big summer blockbuster. Even if you don't care, perhaps it's a view point you could understand if you think about it hard enough.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 6, 2016

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
One of my favourite Jeff Goldblum movies is Into the Night. It is a bit like Scorsece's After Hours and the director, John Landis, has a lot of fun with cameos. Everyone is in this movie, I mean everyone.

Also, David Bowie is the bad guy.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

The MSJ posted:

CGI looks a bit hokey, but I guess that's to be expected for a trailer.

This looks to be the most Spielbergest movie Spielberg could make, looking forward to this a lot. Was one of my favourite books as a child.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Megasabin posted:

If you think that a movie's plot can't be spoiled because it's not out yet, then I really don't have to continue this conversation any further lol. Also, yes, I would prefer not to have any aspect of a film's plot spoiled, even if it is just a big summer blockbuster. Even if you don't care, perhaps it's a view point you could understand if you think about it hard enough.

No I still don't understand after thinking about it. Spoilers are how I decide whether I'm going to spend money on a movie when it first comes out or whether I'll wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

Disney's The Big loving Gun would be way more entertaining

• Locked thread