Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WampaLord posted:

All of these stories are just the liberal version of the Christian born again narrative and are frankly quite boring to read.

Change of pace from the daily white guilt slap fight, fishmech argument, or Bernie/Hillary sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mr Hootington posted:

daily white guilt slap fight

:ohdear:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

Change of pace from the daily white guilt slap fight, fishmech argument, or Bernie/Hillary sniping.

Thankfully fishmech will be busy for the next few months to post here a whole lot.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

WampaLord posted:

All of these stories are just the liberal version of the Christian born again narrative and are frankly quite boring to read.
I look at it more like an AA meeting.

It's been twelve years since my last Republican vote.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Also I have never voted for a Republican as I was instructed from an early age that to do so, would imperil my soul.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also I have never voted for a Republican as I was instructed from an early age that to do so, would imperil my soul.

I'm sorry you didn't have the privilege.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm sorry you didn't have the privilege.

I would never vote for a Republican.

I did, however, vote for a Mountain Party (WV Greens) for governor once as a protest vote.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

WampaLord posted:

At least we haven't segued into the much more boring 'what mundane thing were you doing when you heard about 9/11' topic in a while

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I would never vote for a Republican.

I did, however, vote for a Mountain Party (WV Greens) for governor once as a protest vote.

I've never really gotten the concept of a protest vote - but I might have fallen for the siren song of the two party system and all the perils inherit in it. But then here in Texas your choices are typically Hard-right Republican, Batshit Crazy Republican, Guy Running As Libertarian That Will Vote With The Republicans, and the two types of Democrats are either Idealist That Will Never Make It or "Hi I'm the sort conservative Democrat folks used to vote for back when we were technically a blue state".

Watching my folks slowly turn in to a Tea Party Boomer stereotype has been pretty interested, but even they have their positive moments. They're still anti marriage equality but my dad the Scout Master has at least accepted what Robert Gates is getting up to. Which, as an Eagle Scout, I'm happy to see. I knew so many closeted scouts and scouters growing up that I'm glad are finally being accepted. And if it drives off the loving Mormons and the crazy evangelicals so much the better.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am a bit pissed off that OWS is apparently coming out for Sanders when in its heyday they were acting all better than electoral politics

like, poo poo, where the gently caress were you, you fuckers?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I am a bit pissed off that OWS is apparently coming out for Sanders when in its heyday they were acting all better than electoral politics

like, poo poo, where the gently caress were you, you fuckers?

OWS? What? Who's pretending that OWS is still a thing that exists?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

citybeatnik posted:

I've never really gotten the concept of a protest vote - but I might have fallen for the siren song of the two party system and all the perils inherit in it. But then here in Texas your choices are typically Hard-right Republican, Batshit Crazy Republican, Guy Running As Libertarian That Will Vote With The Republicans, and the two types of Democrats are either Idealist That Will Never Make It or "Hi I'm the sort conservative Democrat folks used to vote for back when we were technically a blue state".

Watching my folks slowly turn in to a Tea Party Boomer stereotype has been pretty interested, but even they have their positive moments. They're still anti marriage equality but my dad the Scout Master has at least accepted what Robert Gates is getting up to. Which, as an Eagle Scout, I'm happy to see. I knew so many closeted scouts and scouters growing up that I'm glad are finally being accepted. And if it drives off the loving Mormons and the crazy evangelicals so much the better.

it was basically because i didn't like the whole process of how we decided that earl ray (our current governor) was going to be the nominee following the whole Manchin-Byrd Senate nonsense

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
their twitter is :shrug:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Mr Hootington posted:

daily white guilt slap fight

Debate & Discussion: Daily White Guilt Slap Fight must be our new forum title.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Have a random bit of joy watching a lady at a Starbucks in Gainesville throwing shade at Governor Batboy.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Junior G-man posted:

Debate & Discussion: Daily White Guilt Slap Fight must be our new forum title.

Third-ing this.

At least USPOL April: Daily White Guilt Slap Fight

As for voting I turned 18 just in time to vote against bush so my record is a perfect

Kerry
Obama
Obama
Bernie

I even voted in all the mid-terms i was eligible for

Now a small percentage of me is telling me to vote republican to defeat hillary and it scares me :ohdear: (The rest is saying "stay home gently caress it" which i also have never done)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Now a small percentage of me is telling me to vote republican to defeat hillary and it scares me :ohdear: (The rest is saying "stay home gently caress it" which i also have never done)

Nixon: Jesus Christ

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kro-Bar posted:

Have a random bit of joy watching a lady at a Starbucks in Gainesville throwing shade at Governor Batboy.

It got posted like 3 pages ago. My thoughts are accurately summarized by this:

RZA Encryption posted:

She's my hero.

Ninja edit: VVV Yes, thank you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
No one really cares how you got woke or who you voted for in the early 2000's. It's just a bunch of me too posting, hth. (Use of filter intentional.)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No one really cares how you got woke or who you voted for in the early 2000's. It's just a bunch of me too posting, hth. (Use of filter intentional.)

*looks up from Crossword* When I Was Woke, We had to Walk 15 MILES to a poling place to vote for John "Tree Beard" Kerry, AND we liked it!

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor
My neo-liberal tale of triumph harm and catharsis: I voted for Obama...in 2004! :smug:

Downside is my state is a dumpster fire

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

their twitter is :shrug:

Justine Tunney

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

WampaLord posted:

It got posted like 3 pages ago. My thoughts are accurately summarized by this:

Ah poo poo, I must've missed it. Initially I thought the lady yelling at him was a Starbucks employee, in which case I was going to suggest some kind of official commendation for her.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
When I was a young child, the spirit of Karl Marx descended upon me. By the age of nine I had already developed a bushy beard and complicated views towards Jewish people.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I was raised by a very liberal Father and a mother who changed from conservatism to liberalism in the 70s. Both parents were Librarians. My dad headed his union. Both parents raised me in a high Anglican setting. But they told me that Evolution happened, and taught me about the big bang when I was like six so I believed in science for the most part. I Except for flirting with Libertarianism when I was a teenager, and atheism in the early twenties. I am not that removed from them. I have actually gotten a little more religious and no longer can support liberalism because of my world outlook. I am not that far removed from my parents when you actually consider my overall belief system.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Third-ing this.

At least USPOL April: Daily White Guilt Slap Fight

As for voting I turned 18 just in time to vote against bush so my record is a perfect

Kerry
Obama
Obama
Bernie

I even voted in all the mid-terms i was eligible for

I voted:
:Gore
Sharpton:Kerry
Obama:Obama
Gingrich:Obama
Bernie: debating Hillary

Gingrich was a GA primary troll vote.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ya'll are old as hell. I voted Obama in 2012, like everyone else on here. Also I got banned for accidentally posting in the Romney thread.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mantis42 posted:

Ya'll are old as hell. I voted Obama in 2012, like everyone else on here. Also I got banned for accidentally posting in the Romney thread.

'sup drunk Romneytoxx bro? :):respek::)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crowsbeak posted:

I have actually gotten a little more religious and no longer can support liberalism because of my world outlook.
What does this sentence even mean?

Also it's really weird to me when people say "liberalism" because in my head that's another of those "Democrat Party" dogwhistles, but that's a flaw on my end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I voted for Nader in 2000 :twisted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I voted for Obama because he gave me a free cell phone and had HHS kill my grandma

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Condiv posted:

also it's kinda disturbing how many former repubs there are here

i've been liberal/leftist since i was a kid and that's never gonna change

i agree, it's really disturbing that people change with time

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Apparently George Mason U is quietly rebranding its Antonin Scalia School of Law because they noticed that people really like shortening it to ASSoL and ASSLaw for some reason.

They're going with the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University, which still sucks.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

Apparently George Mason U is quietly rebranding its Antonin Scalia School of Law because they noticed that people really like shortening it to ASSoL and ASSLaw for some reason.

They're going with the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University, which still sucks.

It's still the ASLs at George Mason University, which works if pronounced correctly.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grey Fox posted:

Scalia would've loved the idea of a school named after him being shortened to ASSLaw. Say what you will about his jurisprudence, the guy liked a good butt joke.

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

Zeroisanumber posted:

Scalia would've loved the idea of a school named after him being shortened to ASSLaw. Say what you will about his jurisprudence, the guy liked a good butt joke.

something somethign Jiggery Pokery

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What does this sentence even mean?

Also it's really weird to me when people say "liberalism" because in my head that's another of those "Democrat Party" dogwhistles, but that's a flaw on my end.

I figured they meant Neoliberalism.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Mantis42 posted:

I hope this year's ban day is as glorious as 2012's. Reading through the ban list back then was a thing of beauty.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Zeroisanumber posted:

'sup drunk Romneytoxx bro? :):respek::)

Mantis42 posted:

Hi accidental romney-:toxx: buddies! :downs::hf::downs::hf::razz:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

theshim posted:

I hope this year's ban day is as glorious as 2012's. Reading through the ban list back then was a thing of beauty.

I thought 2012 would be the craziest race I'd see for a long time. As they say, there's always more and it's always worse.

edit: I was also toxxed for Romney. I gladly paid my :10bux: since it meant that sociorobopath wasn't elected.

• Locked thread