Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

and destroy the chilly mittens, i am sick of them

You are getting your wish next patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Get this: make last whisper not poo poo

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

They need to take all the characters who are building tank and that shouldn't really be, nerf their bases and add to their scaling. That seems to fit the balancing pattern.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
And maybe stop reworking every tank to have some mix of % health / true damage / health scaling. Tanks used to be massive cc machines that would sit on your adc and make them useless.

Now they have 5k HP, do bonus 250 damage from their 5% max HP damage scaling, and two shot adcs instead of locking then down

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kokoro Wish posted:

They need to take all the characters who are building tank and that shouldn't really be, nerf their bases and add to their scaling. That seems to fit the balancing pattern.

That would make a ton of sense but Riot hates making annoying poo poo no longer strong and instead would rather nerf only two or three outlier champions at a time and call it a day.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the problem is that the base cost of 1 armor is 20 gold, and the base cost of 1 ad is 35 gold.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Safety Scissors posted:

I think the problem is that the base cost of 1 armor is 20 gold, and the base cost of 1 ad is 35 gold.

Making a game with unkillable tanks would be antifun

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

you arent even good at it and you are in the most trollable place outside dnd

i'm not trolling. why do you think i asked radical the question.

everyone else is trolling cuz it's such a weird position to hold that grom hellscream the spirit breaker was better or more fun than the old hero. or lovely gaston wielding faceless void's weapon is cooler than a swarthy man covered in gems with a hammer.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I came into this thread because I saw they ruined Taric. All the dude needed was a more fun Ultimate

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I came into this thread because I saw they ruined Taric. All the dude needed was a more fun Ultimate

"Ruined"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I think if you aren't playing a tank with that three item core in the top lane right now you are just making it more difficult for yourself because that core build and almost anyone with either CC or base damage exceeds the performance of almost all other builds.

or mid lane. or bot lane. or jungle.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I own the Taric of 5th age skin and play Taric just for that

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

henkman posted:

Get this: make last whisper not poo poo

LDR is better than Last Whisper used to be against anybody building significant amounts of armor, but yeah, the actual LW component should probably get a buff to make it easier to fit into midgame builds. Grasp of the Undying is what turns all of these tank items that give you spare damage into a viable build, because you live long enough and are playing a mobile enough champion that you'll be hitting it every four seconds until the non-tank you jumped dies. It's the last un-nerfed damage keystone.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
new LW / LDR is garbage because it's pretty much a waste of an item against anyone who isn't a tank, and you'll never get enough shots off against those tanks before they murder you with all of the hidden power they get from masteries and hard-to-read item interactions. it never feels good to buy those items.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
I'm struggling to think of a more ridiculous ARAM team than the one I faced last night: Nidalee, Morgana, Lux, Soraka, Nautilus. Stacking MR did nothing because they'd still lock you down for long enough to blast through it.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Peakay posted:

http://plays.tv/s/KkHJOfqC4M1c

There is nothing better than making a top yasuo's life miserable by being a fed as gently caress Pantheon.

It's funny because the perceived difference in skill required for each champ makes the yasuo player really salty
Same with when I beat on a yas with wukonng

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
When the gently caress are they going to dumpster graves

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
ive realised i just dont want to play this stupid rear end game when that lovely rear end champ is allowed to exist.

When his play rate sky rockets and his win rate is still creeping up in :siren:plat plus:siren: games thats a sure sign everythings alright

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I wonder if making Grasp of the Undying work like Sterak's where it activates after taking a certain amount of damage, but have it be the damage you would've taken before reductions are applied, would fix it. It still incentives building health to survive long enough and tank stats to make the heal stronger than the actual damage you take but means building items with just health doesn't make it unbearably strong late game. It also means you can't build it just by attacking creeps or jumping on people, you have to actually be tanking.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 6, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

this fixes the issue of those characters specifically but it doesn't really change the fact that the item build path that every single character that isn't graves top is doing is really broken.

ekko specifically is just such a poorly designed assassin.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

That warlords nerf will hurt him at least

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's grasp, it's always been 100% grasp. It does so much damage to squishies with only 2 or 3 items.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm not trolling. why do you think i asked radical the question.

everyone else is trolling cuz it's such a weird position to hold that grom hellscream the spirit breaker was better or more fun than the old hero. or lovely gaston wielding faceless void's weapon is cooler than a swarthy man covered in gems with a hammer.

Yes, we get it, you are sexually attracted to targeted stuns, now please stop trolling.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno off the top of my head his base mana but I'm sincerely hoping the mana cost increase on Q isn't enough to wreck Jhin. It looks like a small change but if he's got a tiny mana pool it could hurt. Outside of that I hope he stays relatively untouched.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the way i look at it frozen fist, sunfire, grasp, and every single tank will probably be unusable by the time the mage rework is done so top lane can be vlad vs swain or some stupid poo poo and the only tank people will play is galio

that type of meta sounds like extremely my poo poo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ekko only works as tank because his W passive is 'do 5% bonus hp damage on hit against below 30% hp opponents'

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
his w is one of the most overloaded abilities in the game, it's pretty funny

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Yah I don't get this game because there's these champions with 4000 hp killing everything

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Radical posted:

the way i look at it frozen fist, sunfire, grasp, and every single tank will probably be unusable by the time the mage rework is done so top lane can be vlad vs swain or some stupid poo poo and the only tank people will play is galio

that type of meta sounds like extremely my poo poo

I for one welcome our new Swain overlords because Swain loving Owns and I love playing him.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

I dunno off the top of my head his base mana but I'm sincerely hoping the mana cost increase on Q isn't enough to wreck Jhin. It looks like a small change but if he's got a tiny mana pool it could hurt. Outside of that I hope he stays relatively untouched.

I hope jhin goes to a 45% win rate again

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
galio's winrate is already above 53% as of this patch

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Luna Was Here posted:

I hope jhin goes to a 45% win rate again

Yes, it would be much better if exciting, fun to play champions like Trist, Cait, and Corki could dominate. Nothing more exciting than clicking on poo poo, and then clicking on it some more, then jumping toward or away from what you've been clicking on.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

aint exactly a lot of people playing galio out there

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Radical posted:

He's my next project starting today. Was already thinking about it last night. With these crazy gold items supports are barely behind in farm

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Radical posted:

i pick galio every time i see a leblanc because leblanc players deserve to experience true suffering

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I just won a game versus a top Ekko Tank who went full 2016 Metagolem and started off 10/0/4, AMA

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AHH FUGH posted:

I just won a game versus a top Ekko Tank who went full 2016 Metagolem and started off 10/0/4, AMA

were you playing teemo and at what point in the game did Ekko DC?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Varus botlane and we had 3 hamps that do %hp damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

never i hope I like actually winning games

• Locked thread