Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think that is the previous version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I wondered as much too but the accompanying art is different on the previous version.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
They layouts and page breaks are different too, so that is the new version, but the artifacts and warlord boons are the exact same. Disappointing.

E: If you have previously purchased Codex Black Legion on iOS you can update your version to the unreleased 2016 one.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 6, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PantsOptional posted:

I saw those too. Unless I'm missing something everything in Warlord Traits and Artefacts is exactly the same as it was in the previous version (no surprises, really).

Yeah, all the same stuff as before, looks like. Here's hoping we haven't seen all the formations, though I suspect we have.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think that is the previous version.

So apparently what happened is GW pushed out the iPad update for the Black Legion codex early; if you have the BL codex on iPad, you can update to the new version immediately.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

So apparently what happened is GW pushed out the iPad update for the Black Legion codex early; if you have the BL codex on iPad, you can update to the new version immediately.

Ah, that makes sense. The reason why these are semi-mysterious is that these leaks are coming from the single person who bought the Black Legion codex on iPad.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
GW re-released "new" rules for free?????

E: Someone is going to lose their job over this eh?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I am in the planning stage of my Heldrake conversion building it out of that fantasy zombie dragon thing. I want to keep the torn, bony wings, but since they are not flying wings as modeled, I was thinking it would be cool to have it be clinging onto the side of some ruins.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use for an appropriate ruins part of the model? Something kind of castly, in regard to it being made of cut stone, as my basing aesthetic is creepy forest/swamp, so the GW imperial cities of death stuff wouldn't really work.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

jadebullet posted:

So I am in the planning stage of my Heldrake conversion building it out of that fantasy zombie dragon thing. I want to keep the torn, bony wings, but since they are not flying wings as modeled, I was thinking it would be cool to have it be clinging onto the side of some ruins.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use for an appropriate ruins part of the model? Something kind of castly, in regard to it being made of cut stone, as my basing aesthetic is creepy forest/swamp, so the GW imperial cities of death stuff wouldn't really work.

You could use one of the old 3rd edition ruins corners. They work pretty well and match current aesthetics. There are a ton floating around ebay, or you can get them from recasters.

Sir Teabag posted:

GW re-released "new" rules for free?????

E: Someone is going to lose their job over this eh?

Hypothetically the reason you'd pay full retail price for a digital book is that you automatically get updates like this for free, I think.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
That is perfect. Thanks man.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warhammer 40k: The Khorne Lord Says, "FUSRODAH!"

Uroboros posted:

A sexy Space Wolf army.

It's rare that I think anything from Space Wolves is cool, but whoomp there's that sickass Titan.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 7, 2016

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah that Titan fully owns. Are there better pics of it somewhere?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So, I started a work in progress thread over at MWG and I'm trying to tailor it to Adepticon next year, with a monthly local tournament every month. I want to focus on "finishing" my Ultras meaning I don't plan on doing any allies, I might paint my Skitarii out of boredom, but when it comes to my tournament list I'm unsure which event I'll even be in, but I'd like to do either the Championship again or the team tournament should I somehow gain friends between now and then, but definitely not both.

With this in mind I somehow feel what is powerful now is unlikely to change massively between now and then, so for the Championship I was thinking Battle Company running scout bikes as auxiliary, and librarius on bikes as a command choice, running the Demis as 5 man units with the captain and chaplain on bikes with a command squad meaning everything not in a transport will have full mobility. 9 Razorbacks with 2 rhinos for Grav wielding Devs. Thoughts? I'll likely run it all as White Scars.

If I go teams I felt a simple 1000 point sky hammer would be fine.

The plus side is these two list contain much the same so working on one will help the other, in time I'll work up some small lists for Zone Mortalis and combat patrol. In addition, my secondary goal is to finish painting nearly everything I have lying around unpainted with a tertiary of selling my old Ultras, which if anyone is interested I have: 2x Vindicators, 1x Predator, 10 Assault Marines, 5x Scout Snipers, 5x Devs, 2x Librarians, Tigurius, and Calgar.

If you think a battle company is a poor choice I'd love to hear your thoughts before I begin in earnest. For this month I need to finish 10 tactical Marines, 1 speeder, and 1 rhino by the end of the month.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Looking at the Black Legion leaks....really sub-par stuff here. If everything was at this power level, it'd be a bit uninspired but fine. But when you have armies getting transport/upgrades for free by the boatload and Deep-striking and then shooting/assaulting on turn 1, it's just not nearly enough.

Gotta laugh at the warlord traits, though. Black Crusader is useless against many foes, Eye of the Gods means nothing if your HQ is a sorcerer or someone not meant for big-time CC, and Gift of Balefire is an outright joke. There's some designer at GW who is certain, to a fanatical degree, that Soul Blaze is the most OP special rule ever, and that it is worth ridiculous point values when it comes to balancing stuff.

"This psychic power is just a flamer template at the same Str and AP..."
"Ohh. Slap Soul Blaze on it. It rocks now."
"What? No. It's just a flamer that can be denied, can cause Perils, consumes warp charges and might slay an extra ork or hormagaunt every three games"
"I said it ROCKs now! Better than Iron Arm by any measure!"

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That same dude has a really high opinion of Blind too.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Having worked at a gaming store, I can see all of this being true. The people I worked with certainly weren't touching anyone (that I know of), but they were definitely making women feel uncomfortable enough that they would stop coming to the store. Comments along the lines of "what do you know? you're a girl" and "shut up and make me a sandwich!" were fairly common, and responded to with laughter by the rest of the crowd. I used to look back on my years there fondly, but now it makes me cringe.

More recently (3 or 4 years ago), I was painting at the GW store in NYC when some mega nerds started a very detailed discussion on how Space Wolves repopulate entirely through rape.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Are those new psychic disciplines generic to everyone, or just special snowflake Codex SM?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Verisimilidude posted:

More recently (3 or 4 years ago), I was painting at the GW store in NYC when some mega nerds started a very detailed discussion on how Space Wolves repopulate entirely through rape.

Uhm.... what?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Sephyr posted:

Looking at the Black Legion leaks....really sub-par stuff here. If everything was at this power level, it'd be a bit uninspired but fine. But when you have armies getting transport/upgrades for free by the boatload and Deep-striking and then shooting/assaulting on turn 1, it's just not nearly enough.

Gotta laugh at the warlord traits, though. Black Crusader is useless against many foes, Eye of the Gods means nothing if your HQ is a sorcerer or someone not meant for big-time CC, and Gift of Balefire is an outright joke. There's some designer at GW who is certain, to a fanatical degree, that Soul Blaze is the most OP special rule ever, and that it is worth ridiculous point values when it comes to balancing stuff.

"This psychic power is just a flamer template at the same Str and AP..."
"Ohh. Slap Soul Blaze on it. It rocks now."
"What? No. It's just a flamer that can be denied, can cause Perils, consumes warp charges and might slay an extra ork or hormagaunt every three games"
"I said it ROCKs now! Better than Iron Arm by any measure!"

I think the most disappointing part is that it seems like this is it for the new content for Black Legion, which gives us formations with no Decurion and nothing for Nurgle/Slaanesh-marked marines, nor a formation with Abaddon.

Totally agree on Soul Blaze though--they seem to think it's amazing for no reason. They also seem to think the Fear rule is a big deal, and not something that most armies just ignore.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Fear, Blind, Soul Blaze, It Will Not Die: all bad rules that are stupendously overvalued by GW.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

Having worked at a gaming store, I can see all of this being true.
-snip-

For more examples, the last two or three of this thread has people using the phrase "Get my poo poo pushed in", "pounded", and I'm pretty sure someone said they were going to get their throat hosed or face hosed or something at a tournament.

The last tournament I went to I had to ask someone to stop using the phrase "rape face" to describe how his Eldar were doing.

:can:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Sir Teabag posted:

For more examples, the last two or three of this thread has people using the phrase "Get my poo poo pushed in", "pounded", and I'm pretty sure someone said they were going to get their throat hosed or face hosed or something at a tournament.

The last tournament I went to I had to ask someone to stop using the phrase "rape face" to describe how his Eldar were doing.

Those were all me. I make no excuse. I also use gay as a pejorative all the time when I shouldn't.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was going to make a comment on how GW are so happy about putting out no end of marines with their own special 'dexes yet, won't give Chaos Legions a look in but if you're all going to have another conversation on misogyny then, well... I'll come back later, i guess?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Are those new psychic disciplines generic to everyone, or just special snowflake Codex SM?

The blurb mentions that they're available to codex marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and Space Wolves.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Uroboros posted:

Those were all me. I make no excuse. I also use gay as a pejorative all the time when I shouldn't.

You're not alone - I also use slurs when I know I shouldn't. I just try and do better and comment when people around me do it too. :)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Irate Tree posted:

I was going to make a comment on how GW are so happy about putting out no end of marines with their own special 'dexes yet, won't give Chaos Legions a look in but if you're all going to have another conversation on misogyny then, well... I'll come back later, i guess?

NO GIRLS ALLOWED. Am I rite m8?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regarde Aduck posted:

NO GIRLS ALLOWED. Am I rite m8?

*gives a long, narrow eyed stare that lasts a little too long*

:frogout:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Full Circle posted:

[Discounting a woman's entire life experience with the hobby with dubious writing quality non-sequiturs]

Boy, have I got a subreddit for you.

Sir Teabag posted:

Jesus quad-damage Christ, how old are these loving beardos? :psyduck: "Pounded" is the least-cringeworthy phrase in that whole mire of immature bullshit, and that only because the first thing I think of is pounding from artillery strikes/explosives rather than outright boner-slamming.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Sir Teabag posted:

You're not alone - I also use slurs when I know I shouldn't. I just try and do better and comment when people around me do it too. :)

My uncle is gay, and imagine my embarrassment every time it slips out as a grown adult. To make it worse his brother gives absolutely zero fucks about his brother's sensitivities, so stuff can get a bit backward. Even discounting their differences in sexual preference it is hard imagine them as brothers considering how different they are. I can only imagine the conversations him and his partner have when making their once or twice trips from Vegas to visit us Midwestern yocals, and that is coming from a person who is likely amongst the most progressive in a 10,000 person town of rednecks.

Anyway, 40K, effort post to take away from this D&D discussion.

I made an effort post over at MWG.com: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=117453&p=1052531#p1052531
This thread I figured is a better place than clogging up here with posts that get buried in 24 hours due to SA's volume of traffic vs MWG. Anyone who has thoughts on my goals, and takes the time to slog through my wall of text would be greatly appreciated.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Boy, have I got a subreddit for you.

For fucks sake the article claims that she was involved in a "precedent-setting human rights case" over said topic. This kind of poo poo is public record and yet is nowhere to be found.

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013

Full Circle posted:

For fucks sake the article claims that she was involved in a "precedent-setting human rights case" over said topic. This kind of poo poo is public record and yet is nowhere to be found.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/taking-a-stand-against-abuse-284204591.html

Right there.

I'm getting out of GW myself; I have probably 2500 points worth of Dark Eldar and about 2000-2500 of Chaos Space Marines, but after Age of Sigmar - and after seeing how well X-Wing works - I've decided that my energies are better spent in other directions.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Verisimilidude posted:

Space Wolves repopulate entirely through rape.

The gun is good! The penis is evil! The Emperor has spoken!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Jesus quad-damage Christ, how old are these loving beardos? :psyduck: "Pounded" is the least-cringeworthy phrase in that whole mire of immature bullshit, and that only because the first thing I think of is pounding from artillery strikes/explosives rather than outright boner-slamming.

To be fair, 'pounding' is also a term meaning a beating, so it's likely fair use. So 'I got pounded' can be taken to mean 'I got beat up bad'.

Also I just think of this:

TFTM posted:

The Decepticons are blitzing Autobot City, we're really taking a pounding.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

so the "court" was a city advisory board and the "precedent" was a $7000 settlement to make the case go away. I'm not saying some of that poo poo doesn't/didn't happen but exaggerations only detract from the cause.

That said I'm being a shithead in the wrong thread so I'll stop.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I've been trying to figure out what my next big project is going to be, and after some deliberation I realized that I really do need some Drop Pods. (Please pray for me in this troubling time.) My current plan is to use this guide to magnetize the doors because I hate myself apparently. Is this still the best setup for being able to close/open the doors? I would just glue the doors shut and paint the outside if I wanted to use this as quickly as possible but I kind of want this project to take some time.

Also, as a side note, god-drat is it tough to go back to your main army after not painting it for a while. I'd taken some time off from it to paint my Inquisition allied detachment, some objectives, and then Kill Teams for both Night Lords and Space Wolves, and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to paint my regular color scheme.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 7, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

I've been trying to figure out what my next big project is going to be, and after some deliberation I realized that I really do need some Drop Pods. (Please pray for me in this troubling time.) My current plan is to use this guide to magnetize the doors because I hate myself apparently. Is this still the best setup for being able to close/open the doors? I would just glue the doors shut and paint the outside if I wanted to use this as quickly as possible but I kind of want this project to take some time.

Also, as a side note, god-drat is it tough to go back to your main army after not painting it for a while. I'd taken some time off from it to paint my Inquisition allied detachment, some objectives, and then Kill Teams for both NIght Lords and Space Wolves, and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to paint my regular color scheme.

Wish I had that guide when I did mine...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mango Polo posted:

I'm really wondering the same. I imagine they'll be snowflake to SMs for awhile, but could get FAQ'd into other races?

Irate Tree posted:

Yes lets please talk about this instead. GW re-releasing the black legion and crimson slaughter codexes with slight updates and re-formatting and not actually taking a look at the CSM dex is a tragedy. Maybe they are but you'd think they could at least announce "hey we're taking a look at CSMs", but I guess transparency isn't really GW's thing.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

I'm in Winnipeg, and the actual reaction to this has been pretty split over the last year. About half of my active group of 30 players or so refuses to set foot in that store now. The other half will go to other places first but still shop there. Last time I was there I saw that he actually had more female employees and it doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm still not sure what to make of the whole situation, I don't doubt her story but I'm also not sure that his failure to protect his employee was in any form related to the fact that she was female so much as he is a small business and probably needs to keep his customers. He runs another business across the street (beer and wine making supplies) and half the time he's not even in the store to monitor it.

It's obviously not an excuse and he made a pretty big mistake regardless. That particular store stocks no GW product, BTW. He's big into Xwing, CCGs and board games, and his MTG crowd is, uh, interesting.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PantsOptional posted:

Also, as a side note, god-drat is it tough to go back to your main army after not painting it for a while. I'd taken some time off from it to paint my Inquisition allied detachment, some objectives, and then Kill Teams for both Night Lords and Space Wolves, and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to paint my regular color scheme.
I hear ya. I think I went two or three years without painting a standard Valhallan guardsman before I sat down and bashed out some autocannon teams for them. That's why I try to paint one army at a time and not bounce around too much. That being said, I've had a Crimson Fists devastator squad for... seven years now that I need to paint to finish that full company. Will I ever do it? I dunno.

jeroti
Feb 26, 2009

Fear not the darkness, fear that which the darkness hides.

TKIY posted:

I'm in Winnipeg, and the actual reaction to this has been pretty split over the last year. About half of my active group of 30 players or so refuses to set foot in that store now. The other half will go to other places first but still shop there. Last time I was there I saw that he actually had more female employees and it doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm still not sure what to make of the whole situation, I don't doubt her story but I'm also not sure that his failure to protect his employee was in any form related to the fact that she was female so much as he is a small business and probably needs to keep his customers. He runs another business across the street (beer and wine making supplies) and half the time he's not even in the store to monitor it.

It's obviously not an excuse and he made a pretty big mistake regardless. That particular store stocks no GW product, BTW. He's big into Xwing, CCGs and board games, and his MTG crowd is, uh, interesting.

I used to shop at the store when it was on St. Mary's to get D&D minis pretty much every Tuesday, when the beer & wine stuff was most of the store with a little nerd poo poo in the back and basement. There were plenty of times when there was the curly haired girl there by her self with a few guys playing in the basement. I went to a D&D mini tournament they had once and the amount of guys creeping on her was pretty crazy. Once he moved out of that little spot on St. Mary's I stopped going since it was too far from my place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Full Circle posted:

so the "court" was a city advisory board and the "precedent" was a $7000 settlement to make the case go away. I'm not saying some of that poo poo doesn't/didn't happen but exaggerations only detract from the cause.

That said I'm being a shithead in the wrong thread so I'll stop.

You're an idiot. A Human Rights Board of Adjudication is not a "city advisory board" (whatever the hell that is) and it was not a settlement, it was an award of damages.

From the actual article:

quote:

Last year, after a three-day hearing, the human rights adjudicator ruled Garland's boss, store owner Scott Tackaberry, failed to protect her from the customer, despite her repeated complaints. Garland was awarded $7,750, a record amount that took into account "the young age of the complainant in this case, the shocking and ongoing lewdness of the conduct and comments that she had to endure and the special vulnerability of a young worker whose employer failed to protect her against the abhorrent inappropriateness of a middle-aged customer.

• Locked thread