Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Remember in the original Isaac when you could instakill Mom if you could get the stomp to target an eye/flesh mound when it was out of the door? I miss that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Actual win or beating Mom? :v:

I killed Mom, and I got an ending and my streak counter shows "1" now. I'm not sure if that counts as a "win" but it feels like one to me right now :)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Need No Instruction posted:

I killed Mom, and I got an ending and my streak counter shows "1" now. I'm not sure if that counts as a "win" but it feels like one to me right now :)

Yeah you beat the game the first time. Subsequent playthroughs will have two additional floors and you will eventually acquire another two on top of those.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Remember in the original Isaac when you could instakill Mom if you could get the stomp to target an eye/flesh mound when it was out of the door? I miss that.

You can still stand to the left of the lower door, just out of range of the grab, and shoot right or let your orbitals hit Mom when she pops out. You're safe from anything there except the enemies she spawns.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Died in the second room of the daily run the other day. Room full of TNT and didn't dodge in time. Can't remember the last time that's happened.

Oh well, finished top 20 in time for today's run so it evens out

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I hope the April Fools daily is as bad as I expect it to be. I'm thinking maybe Ipecac + Dunce Cap + My Reflection + Soy Milk?

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Haha oh man what an April Fools daily. This is really something.

You play as Keeper and the goal is Mega Satan. As if that wasn't bad enough, every item you pick up will turn into something else immediately. This includes trinkets. I picked up an item in the first treasure room which replaced my Wooden Nickel and as I picked the Nickel up again it just flat out turned into something else. Got lucky and picked up a Swallowed Penny, but picked up another trinket and lost that as well. This is gonna be a blast.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Wugga posted:

Haha oh man what an April Fools daily. This is really something.

You play as Keeper and the goal is Mega Satan. As if that wasn't bad enough, every item you pick up will turn into something else immediately. This includes trinkets. I picked up an item in the first treasure room which replaced my Wooden Nickel and as I picked the Nickel up again it just flat out turned into something else. Got lucky and picked up a Swallowed Penny, but picked up another trinket and lost that as well. This is gonna be a blast.

First item I picked up was triple shot and it lowered my tears to once every 2 seconds.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Jusupov posted:

First item I picked up was triple shot and it lowered my tears to once every 2 seconds.

Yeah, happened to me too. Got a whole bunch of nice items towards the end though. Beat the run with my last bit of health after reviving as Lazarus during Mega Satan's last form.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Sounds neat, too bad I died in the first room.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Sounds neat, too bad I died in the first room.

Christ, so glad I'm not the only one. Also why does Keeper have a beard?

I've been playing with a mod that guarantees an OP start by loading the first room with ridiculous items. I can hereby say that Death's Touch + Ludovico + Ipecac + Inner Eye + Mutant Spider + Sacred Heart + Godhead is the most fun tear to watch as it makes its way across the screen.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gamingCaffeinator posted:

That was how he was originally supposed to look and they changed it for some reason. I wonder if he was also supposed to have the randomization thing but they got rid of it at some point.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Pretty sure it's all an April Fools thing.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
It's the old man from the original Legend of Zelda, isn't it?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

I've been playing with a mod that guarantees an OP start by loading the first room with ridiculous items. I can hereby say that Death's Touch + Ludovico + Ipecac + Inner Eye + Mutant Spider + Sacred Heart + Godhead is the most fun tear to watch as it makes its way across the screen.

This sounds cool. Do you have a link?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Probably just Ed doing a self-depreciating joke, which he probably should stop doing since every time he does that people miss the joke and beat it completely to the ground as yet another reason for why he's literally hitler.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

This sounds cool. Do you have a link?

This guy is the one I use. It's kind of a pain in the rear end because everything is clumped together but in general I don't give a poo poo because it's relaxing to just kill EVERYTHING without breaking a sweat.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo, they do exist. I thought Bomb Beggars were one of those jokes you guys tell newbies.

Edit: I actually found a Forget Me Now in Hush's level and decided to double-kill Hush because my build is broken. The second passthrough gave me much better items in the treasure rooms.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 4, 2016

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

IMJack posted:

Holy poo poo, they do exist. I thought Bomb Beggars were one of those jokes you guys tell newbies.

I still want a junkie to give my Health Down pills to.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

IMJack posted:

Edit: I actually found a Forget Me Now in Hush's level and decided to double-kill Hush because my build is broken. The second passthrough gave me much better items in the treasure rooms.

What? What? What is this? I've literally never seen a loving bomb beggar ever.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Is there like a new enemy? I saw something in Greed Mode yesterday I have never seen before. Some kind of small, fairly flat, thing?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

uXs posted:

Is there like a new enemy? I saw something in Greed Mode yesterday I have never seen before. Some kind of small, fairly flat, thing?

They show up in Sheol occasionally. Like a flattened version of the black-colored enemies that leave the blob of flesh and a spider when you kill them the first time.

They leave a trail of creep and spit out a ridiculous number of spiders if you don't kill them quick enough.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

They show up in Sheol occasionally. Like a flattened version of the black-colored enemies that leave the blob of flesh and a spider when you kill them the first time.

They leave a trail of creep and spit out a ridiculous number of spiders if you don't kill them quick enough.

Do they have a name?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Black Globin Head

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Globin#Black_Globin

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Yes, that's it! Thanks! :-)

Man, and I have like 310 hours in Isaac.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I hate the official names for the enemies because I can never remember them. Easier to just describe them.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
You rarely ever see the black globin heads because rarely anybody ever goes through Sheol/Dark Room by choice.

Slime posted:

I know, right? On shop-breaking runs I've filled entire rooms with regular and demon beggars just trying to get a bomb beggar to spawn, and haven't seen one for real until then.

And of course the loving thing spawns a troll bomb with its first drop and dies right away.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
I have almost 800 hours played and I've never seen the bomb beggar either. Despite flooding whole rooms with them with Blank Card + Judgment. They're extremely rare.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking new enemies. I"m pretty sure I've never seen those blue two headed fatties that have now shown up in the chest a few times for me in the last week or two.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Slime posted:

Really? That's so weird because I have seen quite a few of them. Must just be one of those RNG quirks.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jibo posted:

Speaking new enemies. I"m pretty sure I've never seen those blue two headed fatties that have now shown up in the chest a few times for me in the last week or two.

Yeah, they only show up in the Chest. And usually they die too fast to show you their gimmick, which is homing ipecac shots.

That said, this game still surprises me now and again with extremely rare rooms.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

IMJack posted:

Yeah, they only show up in the Chest. And usually they die too fast to show you their gimmick, which is homing ipecac shots.

Say what!? They can shoot!?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: Afterbirth+ news :siren:

There's a reddit thread soliciting submissions for AB+ powerups from the community.

Afterbirth for consoles has been submitted for approval, and they'll post a launch date as soon as they have one.

And here's a fragment of a screenshot from Bumbo.

And "misc. secret game update"

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Terrible Opinions posted:

The lost is actually a good fun character if you unlock the holy mantle for him. Easily better than Lazarus, Maggy, the Keeper, ???, Lilith, and Cain.

I kinda like Lazarus. My strategy with him is to go hard on the first devil deal unless the items offered are total garbage. Either the devil deal kills me outright or I kill myself on a fire afterwards, then respawn with the 1.2x damage multiplier and not-bad luck. He's still not a great character but makes for an interesting change.

???, Lilith, and Cain are all fine, though Lilith takes some getting used to. Maggy's slowness makes me dislike her somewhat. Keeper is aggressively unfun because he's poo poo slow both in movement and firing rate, plus devil deals are much harder to take and much harder to earn because his coin health counts as red hearts for the purposes of earning a devil room. I ended up cheatengining to get Keeper through Hush and Mega Satan. THEN I discovered the strategy of bombing pots on the first two floors to get Swallowed Penny and make him mostly invincible. He's still awful to play though.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I don't know if I've ever had a more heart racing video game experience than Keeper vs hush and mega Satan! Now that I've done it and there are no longer any stakes, I probably won't try to fight them again though!

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Ugh the last two days when I've tried to do the daily run it's frozen for a second then locked me out with a score of zero. Anyone else have this happen? I guess I'll try reinstalling.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm sure people have had bigger sprites, but I felt like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Guppy with this run.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CaptainWinky posted:

I kinda like Lazarus. My strategy with him is to go hard on the first devil deal unless the items offered are total garbage. Either the devil deal kills me outright or I kill myself on a fire afterwards, then respawn with the 1.2x damage multiplier and not-bad luck. He's still not a great character but makes for an interesting change.

Whenever I tried to do this with Lazarus I'd either get health ups in the first two treasure rooms/first floor boss or get a bullshit all red chest or soul heart devil deal. I've also never had a Suicide King drop for him. I started suiciding with Lazarus ASAP to get the damage boost to get the unlocks and haven't touched him since.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: AB+ Update :siren:

AFTERBIRTH + FEATURES LIST! posted:

-55+ new items (yes im counting trinkets as items you sons a bitches, always have always will!)

-new final chapter, boss and ending (yes i said chapter, not area)

-new playable character

-greed hard mode

-daily greed runs

-5 new challenges

-loads of new achievements

-a few new bosses and other little editions

PLUS DEV TOOLS! so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design.. but ill let tyrone go into more detail on that at a later date.

we have no set release date but the goal is before the end of the year.

other isaac related updates (by Tyrone!): posted:

-Confirmed consoles are: PlayStation 4, Wii U and Xbox One. We’re about three weeks from launching and will have an official announcement VERY soon. Wii U may not release at the same exact date, but will be very shortly behind PS4 and Xbox One

-AB+ WILL come to consoles. More specifically, expect it on PlayStation 4 and Xbox one. It UNLIKELY to release simultaneously with the PC version. The console version will NOT have mod support as most of what we’re doing for mod support will likely not pass certification requirements.

-iOS Isaac: We haven’t given up. I’d like to think Apple would embrace a game like Isaac on iOS, but the final outcome is still TBD

Bumbo update! posted:

Bumbo is a difficult game to compare to other games but i think the best would be to call it a cross between puzzle quest and isaac mixed a bit with magic the gathering. its probably good to get that basic description set in stone before we go to far into teasing and too many of you think we are doing some wacky JRPG type paper mario game.

it a randomly generated, puzzle based, turn based, combat driven ball of chaos and poo! and its coming together quite nicely..

Secret game update! posted:

#assclapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
he cant even be bothered to properly punctuate his features list so i cant be bothered to punctuate this sentence

probably not gonna buy this the attitude edmund and nicalis have just put me off every time they post anything