Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicon One posted:

I dream of CCP doing their big Not Project Legion reveal at Fanfest and announcing they've made PS2 meets Squad with some sort of conflict driver based around resource/territory control and a single shard infrastructure :gizz:

it won't be anything as good as this

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drythe posted:

is there a post on how to do this for the dumb and lazy?

I'll make one on the goonfleet forums :shobon:

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

its my boy Xachariah, how you been???

Pretty good, I got a hearing implant mid last year and I've gotten to the point I can make out what people are saying on voice com's. Mostly. Some. It's not perfect but better than the nothing previously. Decided to try out some eve as I wanted to be in fleets with voice com's, see how I fare.

Been in a sword fleet with Jay as FC and it was a lot of fun. Took a little time to get used to it but a guy called Uncle Pilot assisted me with backup relays and broadcasts.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

crew posted:

Some dokdo dude from tmc made it on the front page of pcgamer :golfclap: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-a-failed-kickstarter-sparked-eve-onlines-second-largest-battle-ever/

Dont know why they pinned this whole thing on a dumb kickstarter though

I don't get why PL is attacking Goons over a Kickstarter that Grath explicitly supported with this 11min long video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQIUHHZHL6s

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

I don't get why PL is attacking Goons over a Kickstarter that Grath explicitly supported with this 11min long video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQIUHHZHL6s

PL would have nothing to do with this whatsoever if it hadnt gained any traction, once there was a little blood in the water PL had to show up to claim the credit for the death of goonfleet.

The dudes who been doing the slow burn since December deserve all the credit, not all the nerds that dogpiled on.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

I'll make one on the goonfleet forums :shobon:

Yay!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So when can we switch to discord?

It's really good

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tusen Takk posted:

It's really good

never you retard, its an uncontrollable mess of everything

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Tusen Takk posted:

It's really good

I asked in Elysium if people had opinions on Discord and the response can be summed up as 'lol security holes'.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I haven't played Squad so don't know if it's good.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

GaussianCopula posted:

holy poo poo eve players are loving old

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xachariah posted:

Pretty good, I got a hearing implant mid last year and I've gotten to the point I can make out what people are saying on voice com's. Mostly. Some. It's not perfect but better than the nothing previously. Decided to try out some eve as I wanted to be in fleets with voice com's, see how I fare.

Been in a sword fleet with Jay as FC and it was a lot of fun. Took a little time to get used to it but a guy called Uncle Pilot assisted me with backup relays and broadcasts.

dude thats awesome! I may have accidentally removed you on Steam, I want to add you

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

It's really good

Discord sucks

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
discord is good for small person stuff, not for 1000 gay nerds bumping ships togeather

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I think there would be a pretty significant push to retake Deklein from both a symbolic standpoint, and a push by line members to hold null, if Deklein was lost. I'm hoping for a nullsec buff though, I think nullsec was in its prime post-Dominion, but before they tied anom spawning to truesec. Before that nerf, a couple well nurtured constellations could support many many active players.

I can say that there is no real way, unless something radically changes, that lowsec could ever support goonwaffe. A very small percentage of people would actually go through the considerable effort to set up for level 5s properly, and there are not enough complexes or mining to satisfy a very large group of people, and there are no ways to increase those spawns. I don't know how much effort was put into the invasion by the imperium, but LSV had little trouble defeating the imperium a few months ago when they invaded and tried to take assets, and I would argue goonwaffe would face far stiffer resistance and more hostility in lowsec than they would retaking Deklein or other regions in null. That's just my perspective as someone who's lived in low for a long time. That and you would be fighting many MBC members where they "live" as it were, and many of them have the doctrines, and experience in fighting a lowsec war. BUT there are also a lot of regions of lowsec held by relatively weak alliances away from the SC/SNUFF/TISSUE/DT blocks, so it's certainly possible if that is what you wanted.

I actually think CFC to one lowsec constellation would be a good choice. The mission should be enough to support 14,000 dudes, and I am sure theta/people would set up some kind of standing boost services to help everyone transition from ratting to missioning. The only concern are these mining dudes, but we can always fix that by staging in null sec entry lowsec system, where we have 1 constellation/region of sov that miners can mine, cap builders can build.

And there would be no one to(can) mess with 14,000 in lowsec stations, that would be 1 giant slap to CCP's face for loving up null rewards.

Not related to the quoted post, but why does people give Sion so much poo poo? I have never spoken to the guy apart from few messages, he seems a level-headed nice dude, granted he is not good as putting people together like Vile rat, but he tries and sacrifices his free time for space business. I am sure the guy will take the blame when we inevitably lose null sec holdings, every bad incident need a scrap-goat.

Altran fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 6, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GaussianCopula posted:

We're not, which is why that article is sort of silly/bad.

PL was mixed on it. Some had the same deal as Grath, good idea but the rewards/execution of it was hosed and wasn't really something we wanted to support. Others were just outright opposed to it regardless of the idea being a good one because ~The Mittani~.

Helicon One posted:

I haven't played Squad so don't know if it's good.

It's pretty good, albeit buggy but its in alpha. It's pretty comparable to Arma mixed with Battlefield. You should check out the Squad thread in Games.

Venom Snake posted:

discord is good for small person stuff, not for 1000 gay nerds bumping ships togeather

Yeah, when we were doing our services move back in December some of the IT nerds looked at Discord but there were so many issues with it not being compatible with what we needed, it was scrubbed pretty quick. For the thing Kimsemus & all is doing with it, it's a find choice though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

never you retard, its an uncontrollable mess of everything

Helicon One posted:

I asked in Elysium if people had opinions on Discord and the response can be summed up as 'lol security holes'.

vyst posted:

Discord sucks

I mean it's still under development and poo poo but it'd be really cool and good to have a single chat and voice client and be able to get pings on my phone

I get why it would be bad as it stands now based on the security issues, though

Idk it's nice for smaller stuff and less OPSEC stuff I guess

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Though sword fleets would not be going into the meat grinder if FCs wouldn't keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. You can't put 20 interceptors on the field with 0 logi and expect to beat a cruiser gang that is fit out to kill frigates because that's what we're using as anti-entosis ships. Stand off at a distance and jam the entosis ship and gently caress off of the support gets close. Every FC I've seen flying them loses them because they tell people to suicidally tackle the support, die, and then wonder why they're losing whole fleets and not accomplishing the goal of stopping the entosis.

Most people who fc want to fight even when they should not, because fights are more fun than not fighting and you can't prove yourself capable of winning fights unless you take fights. That used to be me, and the alternative does not have instant rewards

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i sent you a PM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tusen Takk posted:

I mean it's still under development and poo poo but it'd be really cool and good to have a single chat and voice client and be able to get pings on my phone

as long as tempusthales is an admin i dont know if I can take part in it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

i sent you a PM

all of that is common knowledge i thought, i definitely read about it maybe in the albion thread cause it g ot linked from somewhere?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

as long as tempusthales is an admin i dont know if I can take part in it

Yeah the thing mentioned in the other thread is a bit :yikes:, but Kimsemus is an admin too as is LumberingTroll so I have some faith in it not being terrible.

Could be wrong though.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 6, 2016

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

crew posted:

PL would have nothing to do with this whatsoever if it hadnt gained any traction, once there was a little blood in the water PL had to show up to claim the credit for the death of goonfleet.

The dudes who been doing the slow burn since December deserve all the credit, not all the nerds that dogpiled on.

I think PL is mostly just hoping to land in a situation where they can receive recompense for B-R5RB. That's just a mid-poo poo thought I had the other day though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

all of that is common knowledge i thought, i definitely read about it maybe in the albion thread cause it g ot linked from somewhere?

i just didnt want to drama up a thread over something entirely unrelated, I just like doing somewhat related drama

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah the thing mentioned in the other thread is a bit :yikes:, but Kimsemus is an admin too as is LumberingTroll so I have some faith in it not being terrible.

Could be wrong though.

yea true

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Tusen Takk posted:

yeah, conceptually the idea of something that replaces and merges gf.com/jabber/mumble in a cohesive way would be awesome and less cumbersome. i dunno if thats ever going to be Discord or not, but a lot of people seem to be jumping on the bandwagon.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the only good admins on cts mumble are malcontent and doot and they are my friends, so I have no faith in discord whatsoever :colbert:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

There are jabber apps you can download to get pings on your phone still

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Drythe posted:

There are jabber apps you can download to get pings on your phone still

Yeah but I can't imagine they've gotten much better than what they were 2 years ago. I mean with our size it's obvious that we have to rely on stable, older software until something good comes out, it's just a matter of when is it going to come out and how can we implement it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

if pings is all you want though I think xabber delivers on that for android

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the only good admins on cts mumble are malcontent and doot and they are my friends, so I have no faith in discord whatsoever :colbert:

Yeah but you have no faith in anything anymore.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nietzschean posted:

Most people who fc want to fight even when they should not, because fights are more fun than not fighting and you can't prove yourself capable of winning fights unless you take fights. That used to be me, and the alternative does not have instant rewards

I noticed a few FCs get more and more frantic with their skirmishing following entosis reports as if doing that would make the entosis stop somehow. I've seen this before in the trauma room with medics. Gaping wound but nevermind that I'm gonna get these boots off the guy as hard as I can

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Drythe posted:

if pings is all you want though I think xabber delivers on that for android

IM+ and Talkonaut do the same for ios

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

I noticed a few FCs get more and more frantic with their skirmishing following entosis reports as if doing that would make the entosis stop somehow. I've seen this before in the trauma room with medics. Gaping wound but nevermind that I'm gonna get these boots off the guy as hard as I can

I just stop joining fleets of FCs who welp a swordfleet trying to take them into a brawl.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Drythe posted:

I just stop joining fleets of FCs who welp a swordfleet trying to take them into a brawl.

That's what the commie enemy wants me to do

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DirtyMick posted:

I think PL is mostly just hoping to land in a situation where they can receive recompense for B-R5RB. That's just a mid-poo poo thought I had the other day though.

#1 Theres nothing going on in eve, ever. Goons are like the only ones who ever do anything noteworthy

#2 They would love to erase the shame of B-R

#3 If theres a chance of easy wins (kills) with little risk PL is all over it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frozenpussy posted:

That's what the commie enemy wants me to do

You wouldn't download a titan would you

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

I didn't realize how ashamed we were of B-R

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm more ashamed of some of the PL posters ITT than I am about losing B-R tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
Shouldn't the MBC/the allies be going for Deklein instead of the other regions with their current momentum?

Why burn yourselves out on side-regions the core of CFC doesn't care about.

• Locked thread