Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every time WickedHate re-regs we all feel like a Golden Shower has been released upon BSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Golden Age Rhyno used to be a really nice guy who worked to get at risk kids comic books. He was generally pretty amiable, even if he was Gavok's backup poster. After the crisis they realized they needed an edgier Rhyno for the new universe so Rhyno became the arrogant, brash, lovable poster we know him as today. Although it was pretty great when Waterhaul knocked Rhyno out with one probation. One probation!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In the silver age of BSS they tried to replace CapnAndy with me and the fans revolted, and ever since I only ever get mentioned in Howard The Duck as a joke.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In the silver-age I used to be kind of fun and cool to be around. Since the reboot I just rip off other poster's arms and write angry letters.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was rebooted from a webcomix thread poster into a superhero comics poster. My sales are way down and I will probably get canceled soon

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I wasn't originally a character during the silver age but writers will forget that and sometimes write lines for me that imply I was around during that time.

:stare: good lord, the way the thread flips from everyone havin a good time talking 'bout their favorite Green Lanterns to suddenly whoreswhoreswhores like they're loving Frank Miller gave me whiplash.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Travis343 posted:

I was rebooted from a webcomix thread poster into a superhero comics poster. My sales are way down and I will probably get canceled soon

Don't worry. Warren Ellis will write a revival series about you in about four years. It'll be critically acclaimed but will still get canceled in six issues (or when Ellis gets bored, which is still six issues).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Don't worry. Warren Ellis will write a revival series about you in about four years. It'll be critically acclaimed but will still get canceled in six issues (or when Ellis gets bored, which is still six issues).

"My hard driiiiiiive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1CN6ZKezhc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

It was weird though, I was reading the Wikipedia and Edge and Christian were two different posters? I guess they got merged in one of the Crisises. Golden Age BSS is weird.

He's always been one dude as long as I've been aware of him.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Golden Age Rhyno used to be a really nice guy who worked to get at risk kids comic books. He was generally pretty amiable, even if he was Gavok's backup poster. After the crisis they realized they needed an edgier Rhyno for the new universe so Rhyno became the arrogant, brash, lovable poster we know him as today. Although it was pretty great when Waterhaul knocked Rhyno out with one probation. One probation!

And just look at me now!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

And just look at me now!
No don't!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm the Silver Age character that shows up every few years and posts just to say "Hey, remember that guy?". Okay see you in 2 years.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I think I've actually name changed my account every time DC has rebooted since Infinite Crisis and the reality punch.

Like, in all actuality. I just realized this and I think I now need to come up with a post-Rebirth ID.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm a Dark Age character who only shows up after my debut to retain the trademark to my name, and is otherwise widely disliked by all involved for being brash and overopinionated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How many times does WickedHate have to get banned for defending pedophiles before she's permabanned for being a pedophile?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So far wickedhate is just an idiotically idealistic teenager, not a toxic abuser. Probably like a year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wickedhate has brain problems that cause her to get in really stupid arguments. It's possible her condition and how it's portrayed in the media gives her a perspective on traditionally maligned states of mind, which contributes to all her arguments about pedophilia.

Being a teenager can't be helping.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Wickedhate has brain problems that cause her to get in really stupid arguments. It's possible her condition and how it's portrayed in the media gives her a perspective on traditionally maligned states of mind, which contributes to all her arguments about pedophilia.

Being a teenager can't be helping.

I thought she was at least 20 by now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone under 25 is a teenager to me...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah twenty is basically a teenager still, like how thirteen isn't really a teenager yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Yeah twenty is basically a teenager still, like how thirteen isn't really a teenager yet.

Checkmate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Either old enough to have a credit card, or just the worst parents.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

Checkmate.

Nah this just proves my point, only little kids are this desperate to be teenagers. Actual teenagers hate being teenagers and would never do something like this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My cat is a teenager this month.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Endless Mike posted:

My cat is a teenager this month.

What happens next month?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrProsek posted:

What happens next month?

It starts defending pedophilia.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Hey if anyone is going to ECCC this weekend come find me at the Image booth! I'll be the guy with the sports anime lanyard unless they make me use an Image one or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DrProsek posted:

What happens next month?

Probably dying :(

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Senor Candle posted:

Hey if anyone is going to ECCC this weekend come find me at the Image booth! I'll be the guy with the sports anime lanyard unless they make me use an Image one or something.

If you aren't wearing an anime lanyard I will never be able to find you.

Endless Mike posted:

Probably dying :(

At least it will be a teenager so it can write some crappy poetry about death then.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Madkal posted:

If you aren't wearing an anime lanyard I will never be able to find you.
If not then lanyard then I'll be the guy who looks like a goon working at the Image booth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty sure Lowtax can pay for the forum on WickedHate re-regs and Lurdiak avatars alone.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike I hope your cat is doing well, and is comfy, and enjoys being a snuggly lap cat right now. Also best wishes for uncommon kitty vigor, that your feline friend may surprise you with a long, healthy future. :glomp:

:radcat::respek::radcat:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I appreciate it, but he has lymphoma, and while the steroids are helping him feel much better, it's a matter of time at this point. I will admit I was being dramatic that he'll be dying in the next month, but it's entirely possible. He gets lots of pets.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I appreciate it, but he has lymphoma, and while the steroids are helping him feel much better, it's a matter of time at this point. I will admit I was being dramatic that he'll be dying in the next month, but it's entirely possible. He gets lots of pets.

We had a delightful feline who died of lymphoma as well at the end of 2014, at age 12 or so. It was very sad, and you will know when the time is right. You spend as much time as you can with that guy.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 6, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sorry to hear that, Mike. Poor little guy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gonna pet FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper extra in honor of your cat. Of course giving him any more pets will at this point require me to find a 25th hour in the day.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I now feel like a jerk about the teenage death poetry. I retract that and hope your cat is kept happy and comfy and gets all the love.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

I now feel like a jerk about the teenage death poetry. I retract that and hope your cat is kept happy and comfy and gets all the love.

Nah, I thought it was funny. He's enough of an rear end in a top hat that I could see him reciting lovely poetry at me just to annoy me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
On a slightly less depressing topic than dying pets:

Fight Club 2 was utter garbage from start to finish. Just wanted to put that out there.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

CapnAndy posted:

On a slightly less depressing topic than dying pets:

Fight Club 2 was utter garbage from start to finish. Just wanted to put that out there.

...That's a thing that exists?

edit: Holy poo poo this sounds like a Mark Millar project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

END ME SCOOB posted:

...That's a thing that exists?

edit: Holy poo poo this sounds like a Mark Millar project
It still comes in second to Love Never Dies on my "how did you miss the point of the thing you wrote that badly" list, but it's a close second.

• Locked thread