Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Ugh. I don't have Gotenks so I can't do this event, simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just powered through Super Buu using an INT team. It's definitely the easiest of the dokkan bosses so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I thought we were getting SSR Gotenks with this festival.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

I just powered through Super Buu using an INT team. It's definitely the easiest of the dokkan bosses so far.

Broly was pretty easy too, but STR has better cards than INT. Good luck with the medals

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

visceril posted:

Broly was pretty easy too, but STR has better cards than INT. Good luck with the medals

That's true. I haven't even tried against PHY Kid Buu yet either and he's probably tough.

Still, easy farming TEQ Fat Buu is what I needed after that WT period.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You know what I need after the WT, and definitely not during?

A loving strike event

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I thought candy was supposed to act like rainbow orbs for we gotta power people :psyduck:

e: This event isn't easier screw you guys :mad:

Aurora fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 6, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Ran out of stamina before I could try the 40stam mission. I think my team will be okay, but I have 1 spot I'm not sure about.

Whis could get me a stun and has shocking speed with Gohan, but should I replace him with one of my STR URs? Trump Card Goku has shocking speed too, but turns STR orbs into rainbow, so that seems counter productive.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten two clears in so far. It's not as easy as Cell, but I haven't had too many problems with the medal run.

However, Evil Buu just rolled me because I thought I could tank a hit with TEQ Gotenks. :rip:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I was rich like Echo so I could just get a million SSRs that all link for the festivals :sigh:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

I wish I was rich like Echo so I could just get a million SSRs that all link for the festivals :sigh:

I haven't been able to really clear any of the festivals. :hfive:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I basically can't do Broly past the first health blip if Devilman doesn't proc. I've gotten him to do it on 2/3 runs so far.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Has anyone gotten a TEQ Buu yet? I've done 6 runs, but no luck. Cell and Broly had way better drop rates on the 20 stamina level.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Has anyone gotten a TEQ Buu yet? I've done 6 runs, but no luck. Cell and Broly had way better drop rates on the 20 stamina level.

I got mine on the first try but I haven't had a chance to play since.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ToLinks chat:

:geno:: The lack of proof proves a collective dissolution.
:byodame:: Your face is a collective dissolution!
(something along those lines)

The story text is winning me over. But, as expected of bamco, crashes are making things harder.

Also I can't find a settings or general menu anywhere? Seems odd.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why doesn't Broly take consistent damage from AGL Supers? Pikkon's does as much as a standard attack. SSG Goku's seems to work fine, if only hitting for like 20k or so. It seems so inconsistent.

That whole fight is bullshit.. I've got 2 medals, both from getting super lucky with Devilman. I don't understand how you're supposed to do this legitimately, even with the perfect team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Why doesn't Broly take consistent damage from AGL Supers? Pikkon's does as much as a standard attack. SSG Goku's seems to work fine, if only hitting for like 20k or so. It seems so inconsistent.

That whole fight is bullshit.. I've got 2 medals, both from getting super lucky with Devilman. I don't understand how you're supposed to do this legitimately, even with the perfect team.

Broly's gimmick is Rampage. It's a huge defense boost, but damage numbers over a certain amount blow it out. You need to break like 40k to overcome it and do full damage and Pikkon can't hit for poo poo.

You want one or two AGL strikers, like Kaioken or SSG Goku, and the rest of your team to have as much Blazing Battle as you can to absorb damage. If you have any of the cards that do it natively, like AGL SSJ Kid Trunks or the SSRs, so much the better. If you're taking hits without Blazing Battle active, you're losing, plain and simple.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Broly's gimmick is Rampage. It's a huge defense boost, but damage numbers over a certain amount blow it out. You need to break like 40k to overcome it and do full damage and Pikkon can't hit for poo poo.

You want one or two AGL strikers, like Kaioken or SSG Goku, and the rest of your team to have as much Blazing Battle as you can to absorb damage. If you have any of the cards that do it natively, like AGL SSJ Kid Trunks or the SSRs, so much the better. If you're taking hits without Blazing Battle active, you're losing, plain and simple.

I was only bringing Pikkon for +3 AGL. My team is currently:

Pikkon (lead)
AGL SSJ Kid Trunks
AGL SSG Goku
AGL SSG Vegeta (for second striker, I have others though... Roshi maybe?)
AGL Devilman
TEQ Whis (stuns)

I'd link my box but I can't log in to the site for some reason and I'm too lazy to screen shot.. I don't have any other Broly-specific SSRs. I have all the Strike dudes plus TEQ SSJ Goku and Vegeta if you think that might be better.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

:hellyeah:

But shiiiit now I'm compelled to farm the medals and I'm just a humble F2P :ohdear:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I rolled the event Buu so now I have 23 medals to get :suicide:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Did a few pulls today, got a Broly, glad i Got the required medals the first time. Now have to work on changing the next world Tournament team up.

Also got the new Goku earlier this morning, and beat stage 1. Haven't attempted stage 2 yet.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well my team with Whis didn't work. I'll try Broly next time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I was only bringing Pikkon for +3 AGL. My team is currently:

Pikkon (lead)
AGL SSJ Kid Trunks
AGL SSG Goku
AGL SSG Vegeta (for second striker, I have others though... Roshi maybe?)
AGL Devilman
TEQ Whis (stuns)

I'd link my box but I can't log in to the site for some reason and I'm too lazy to screen shot.. I don't have any other Broly-specific SSRs. I have all the Strike dudes plus TEQ SSJ Goku and Vegeta if you think that might be better.

I'd say that SSGSS AGL Vegeta a good secondary, but you definitely need some Blazing Battle. There's an R AGL Trunks with it who's a good defensive option.

zelah posted:

Well my team with Whis didn't work. I'll try Broly next time.

Try trading Whis for Broly for the medal. You want to hammer out as much damage as you can, the stun just means that more of the field turns to candy.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 6, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Did 5 single pulls and got 5 R's, so there's no way I can beat Buu to get Medals really. At least I can beat Cell.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Well, Buu wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. Went with SSJ3Goku, Majin Vegeta, both Gotenks, the new Goku and Great Sayiaman 1. It really helps when I'm hitting SSJ3 Supers though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got TEQ Buu from Z Hard my first time trying it, and I beat the big Buu battle the first time with just my normal STR team (which actually just 4 STR characters and two other guys) with a Broly helper. I even forgot to change my items around so I did it with only 2 senzu beans and a couple partial heals. The only event person I had on my team was SSJ3 Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well poo poo, I just got Phy Kid Buu too.. guess I'm doing the Buu event then, I have more of those characters. I've done the first three but not stage 2. Haven't gotten Fat Buu to drop though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Got a medal on my first try, a full Supreme Power team certainly helps (Majin Vegeta, both UR Saiyamans, both failed Gotenks, hairy Krillin), but I need a SSJ3 Goku friend every time, thankfully there's usually always one in my friend list.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

Did a few pulls today, got a Broly, glad i Got the required medals the first time. Now have to work on changing the next world Tournament team up.

Also got the new Goku earlier this morning, and beat stage 1. Haven't attempted stage 2 yet.

Congrats on the Broly.

The drop rate on Buu seems decent, now that I have a larger sample. I was just having bad luck. I just got 4 in a row, meaning it's at 4/11 for me. He's pretty competitive with STR Evil Buu, looks like. Wait, poo poo, he's Super Buu and probably worse than the old one, while being the same type. What a weird card.

Kind of a buzzkill I don't have either Kid Buu to finish my Buu team off, but oh well. The banner is up for a while.

On the subject of Buu teams, the Buu cards get the link for the Ultimate Gohan dokkan event Japan just got. The PHY Dokkan is basically just slightly better, and given that he's already one of the best PHY cards, he's pretty sick. Ki+3 all, +80% attack passive, 145% 12-ki. Definitely thinking about maxing the SA on my Ultimate Gohan, since he's already at SA6.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 6, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

On the subject of Buu teams, the Buu cards get the link for the Ultimate Gohan dokkan event Japan just got. The PHY Dokkan is basically just slightly better, and given that he's already one of the best PHY cards, he's pretty sick. Ki+3 all, +80% attack passive, 145% 12-ki. Definitely thinking about maxing the SA on my Ultimate Gohan, since he's already at SA6.

Echophonic posted:

Gohan's a good pick, he benefits a lot from SA boost, the same way SSJ3 Goku does. He's right up there with SSJ3 Goku, damage-wise.

You should, you convinced me to do it a while ago and he's been a beast of a card ever since. The fact that he'll get a Dokkan later is just icing on the cake.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Just tried again with Bojack, evil Buu, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Goku, and the Saiyamen. I picked up a SSJ3 friend. I got way closer but still lost because I used up a heal on the previous forms and didn't deal damage fast enough.

For people that have done it, what are your item lineups? How are you getting SSJ3 Goku to super?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, I forgot I had had SSR PHY Fat Buu. I'm going to have to grind the poo poo out of the SR Buu now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I beat Buu but it cost me a stone. I think I can do better next time.

I'm bringing Senzu, Dende, King Yemma, and Ghost Usher (but I'm almost out of these entirely).

Right now I'm running Vegito at the head of the party, but I might switch Ult Gohan for the Ki. Maybe even Broly since the STR guys are the real damage dealers.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You should, you convinced me to do it a while ago and he's been a beast of a card ever since. The fact that he'll get a Dokkan later is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, he'll get there. I figure I have plenty of time to do it, throw an Old Kai here and there at him. Apparently the Dokkan boss is a total fucker to beat, too. Like a harder mix of Buu and Broly in terms of gimmick. Sounds like he's vulnerable to stunning, though.

visceril posted:

Just tried again with Bojack, evil Buu, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Goku, and the Saiyamen. I picked up a SSJ3 friend. I got way closer but still lost because I used up a heal on the previous forms and didn't deal damage fast enough.

For people that have done it, what are your item lineups? How are you getting SSJ3 Goku to super?

I'm doing Ult Gohan, SSJ3 Goku, both Gotenks, TEQ Uub, and STR Saiyaman 2. I've been going with Ultimate Gohan friends and using my usual mix of Senzu, Fruit, King, Usher. Keep in mind that WE GOTTA POWER also gives those cards 1.5x damage. I think New Leaf is right about Ki being more important since the fight only gets harder as the board changes to delicious, annoying candy.

It kind of occurs to me that I'd be better off farming up TEQ Buus to level up my PHY Fat Buu. I don't see a lot of utility for the Dokkan Super Buu if you have the existing one.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Was it possible to nuke the 40 STA Super Perfect Cell? I want the medals to get my TURD Cell but I don't have any stunners on my alt.

[edit] The answer is yes. What a rush.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 6, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I think I'll switch out Bojack for Tao as leader and SSJ Goku for STR Golden Freeza.

Both of those guys need the ki is rather feed to Gohan or SSJ3 Goku, and I think the guard break will help me clear the earlier forms more easily.

I'm going to try again with that team and Bean/Dende/Usher/Icarus

If I can't do it that way I'm going to have to try getting a Gotenks friend or an event Goku friend

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Was it possible to nuke the 40 STA Super Perfect Cell? I want the medals to get my TURD Cell but I don't have any stunners on my alt.

[edit] The answer is yes. What a rush.

I just took a crack at nuking Broly. He didn't even get to act. SSJ Adult Gohan got a full field on round one, SSG Goku got almost as many, and SSJ Bardock got like 10 orbs to finish him off on the second round.

Edit: Just did another attempt, this time with Agoat's Golden Frieza as my friend. :getin: Almost managed a one-shot with SSG Goku. Didn't get a shot of the damage, but it was something like 1.2 million. Finished him with a 980k nuke from Gohan, just to make a point. :ssj:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 6, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, my TEQ Cell isn't dokkan'd obviously but he's SA3. A full board of green and a followup super from Goku wiped Super Perfect Cell in the first round.

Broly isn't as important but it's nice to be able to take out dokkan bosses so easily. Too bad it's not viable against Buu.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't have a Cell or Buu so gonna be farming their SR counterparts instead of going for medals. Probably will sit this banner out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

My only viable Nuke leader is PHY SSGSS Vegeta, who I assume isn't so great against Broly. I'm also struggling with the 40 stamina Buu stage, just because I can only nuke twice - the item limit strikes again.